Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,420 views
Would it not be easier to look at what uniform your wearing and shoot at anything but that? That would work for everyone but snipers which aren't much of a problem as you can look at the map when your press start.

I alway look at my team's uniform at the start, but that doesn't help when spotting a silhouette and hoping to get a shot off before he does.
 
I'll suggest using a silencer and working at scavenger pro. That means you can take a few shots anyway with little penalty and having plenty of ammo to spare.
 
Would it not be easier to look at what uniform your wearing and shoot at anything but that? That would work for everyone but snipers which aren't much of a problem as you can look at the map when your press start.
I'm not quite quick enough. My reactions have gotten better, and if we're playing a map that I know, I can generally get a few kills going, but I still have a tendency to shoot at anything that moves. Because the alternative is to get shot myself.
 
Well, learning the maps a must in this game. I think the silencer is a great suggestion. Iron/open sights are not at all bad in this game for most guns.
 
Well, learning the maps a must in this game. I think the silencer is a great suggestion. Iron/open sights are not at all bad in this game for most guns.

the FAL being one exception.

21/40 vector penetration kills :)

ive come to like vacant with my vector/striker combo :D
 
I'm not quite quick enough. My reactions have gotten better, and if we're playing a map that I know, I can generally get a few kills going, but I still have a tendency to shoot at anything that moves. Because the alternative is to get shot myself.

Once your fully comfortable with the maps and you begin to realise how your team move around the map you'll be able to identify an enemy just from the position they are standing, majority of people on MW2 are very predictable.
 
Once your fully comfortable with the maps and you begin to realise how your team move around the map you'll be able to identify an enemy just from the position they are standing, majority of people on MW2 are very predictable.

i just got a semtex triple kill by seeing someone die and throwing a semtex towards the window on the fair side from the door on the right.

:D
 
Once your fully comfortable with the maps and you begin to realise how your team move around the map you'll be able to identify an enemy just from the position they are standing, majority of people on MW2 are very predictable.
Yeah, I'm starting to get to the point where I know some of the maps fairly well. I can do Sub Base, Terminal, Salvage and Derail (the problem is that these almost never come up), and I've learnt a fair bit of Afghan, Highrise and Rundown. But some like Karachi and Invasion are totally alien to me (I can barely tell them apart), whilst others - namely Quarry, Estate and Wasteland - depend upon where I spawn. I got totally lost on Wasteland and spent most of the game wandering around the church simply because I spawned in a place I'd never been and I did the same on Estate when I started at the top of the waterfall.

Well, learning the maps a must in this game. I think the silencer is a great suggestion. Iron/open sights are not at all bad in this game for most guns.
Because I'm using my brother's account and everything is unlocked for him, I've set up my own custom class and played around with the perks and death streaks. I've got a FAL with red dot sight and extended mags (because I'm a little loose with my aim, so I need to spray a little), and an M9 with silencer an full metal jacket (but I'll sometimes swap it out for a Stinger because the games tend to have a lot of air support). My perks are Bling Pro for the secondary attachment, Cold Blooded Pro to stay off the radar and Ninja Pro to stay silent.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I'm starting to get to the point where I know some of the maps fairly well. I can do Sub Base, Terminal, Salvage and Derail (the problem is that these almost never come up), and I've learnt a fair bit of Afghan, Highrise and Rundown. But some like Karachi and Invasion are totally alien to me (I can barely tell them apart), whilst others - namely Quarry, Estate and Wasteland - depend upon where I spawn. I got totally lost on Wasteland and spent most of the game wandering around the church simply because I spawned in a place I'd never been and I did the same on Estate when I started at the top of the waterfall.
Karachi & Invasion are couple of good examples. Movements are bit more complex than on maps like Afghan, Rundown, etc. I'd go real slow on those maps until you get the hang of it, staying close to the teammates, too. Let them handle the front, watch the weak side.

Wasteland basically have two sides separated by the bush running down the middle of the map. Houses on one side, church-dugout-junked cars on the other side. I go ninja on that map. Hit, run, hide, ambush. If you like using Coldblooded, you can repeatedly flank the other team on Wasteland, just watch out for the snipers.
 
Are you not playing again tonight?
:lol: If I get on, will you be there!? j/k

I was thinking if I should get on tonight. Gimme just a few minutes! :D
 
I'll get on if you get on. lol. I was just playing some GTA4.
 
I was.... then another update. :rolleyes: I'll be on as soon as that's done.
 
Yeah I downloaded that late last night. It didn't take long. Its nothing special just some video editor/uploader that I'll never use. I was thinking about uploading some game plays but I'd just get an HD PVR for that.
 
My very first game was a very strange one. I was on a Highrise, we were up by I think couple thousand points, but I made some huge errors, and I was hanging around 7-3, that's when the host pulled the plug.

For a minute, it was just dark. When the match resumed, I was the only one in it. :lol: I thought I was going to finish the match alone, but others started streaming in. I went on a 6 kill streak from that point on to finish the match with 13-3. An MVP. :lol: Played three more matches before I hooked up with Time Attack, I ended up with the MVP 3 out of 4 of those. Good thing too, because it was downhill from there. :lol:

Me & T_A did alright. Lag was strong, but I think we won more than we lost. ;)
 
I was using the M21 all night except for two games and I think I had you on kills in at least half those games... lol... Sorry I didn't invite you back for the last game. I didn't check my messages. I only played one more after you left anyway. It was enough for me to rank up again and that was enough for one night.
 
I was using the M21 all night except for two games and I think I had you on kills in at least half those games... lol... Sorry I didn't invite you back for the last game. I didn't check my messages. I only played one more after you left anyway. It was enough for me to rank up again and that was enough for one night.
Yeah, you were doing good with the sniper role. 👍 No sweat on the last match, I thought about playing just one more, I think because it was Storm(I like....), but the map changed anyway, and I also left. I wish we had another guy or two to really have a team going. Less room on our team for those 20-deaths guys the better. :D
 
I was actually using it with an ACOG so I wouldn't say I was really sniping. Its a poor sniper but its a great rifle. Are you going to be on again tonight?
 
I tried playing COD4 online tonight for the first time since before W@W came out. I now remember why I hate that game so much and won't be playing it ever again. No connection, horrible spawns and a crazy amount of grenade spam. MW2 is 100x better than that POS game. The next time I start getting a little frustrated with this game I'll just remember how bad cod4 is and I'm sure I'll be feeling better right away.
 
Wow, you have to be kidding me! COD4 is actually 1000x better than the POS that is MW2. MW2 had overpowered guns with no recoil, too many perks, unbalanced guns/perks, horrible spawns, etc. At least COD4 took more skill to play than MW2. Maybe that's why you ragequit. I honestly think that out of the last three CoD games that have come out, MW2 is close to being the worst. The only thing I really like about MW2 is the wide range of guns and attachments.
 
Wow, you have to be kidding me! COD4 is actually 1000x better than the POS that is MW2. MW2 had overpowered guns with no recoil, too many perks, unbalanced guns/perks, horrible spawns, etc. At least COD4 took more skill to play than MW2. Maybe that's why you ragequit. I honestly think that out of the last three CoD games that have come out, MW2 is close to being the worst. The only thing I really like about MW2 is the wide range of guns and attachments.

Thats quite an opinion there boy.

So why do you play MW2?

Why play CoD at all?

Go play the most skill intensive FPS out there, CS 1.5 or 1.6
 
I would play Counter Strike if my PC could handle it. And I play CoD4 because I like it. As I said, it's the best CoD(along with CoD2) game to come out, IMO. You're going to tell me now I shouldn't?
 
You can play it all you like but when I've got a 1 or 2 bar connection all night, I'm getting spawned in the same room I just died in 3-4 times in a row and everyone and their grandma gets 3 frags every life I'm not having a good time.
 
I would play Counter Strike if my PC could handle it. And I play CoD4 because I like it. As I said, it's the best CoD(along with CoD2) game to come out, IMO. You're going to tell me now I shouldn't?

How old is your computer to not be able to play CS 1.6? Its 10 years old.
 
I've tried to play CS:S on my laptop and it was pretty bad. I put it on the lowest quality and it kind of still lagged a bit. CS 1.6, I haven't tried.
 
You can play it all you like but when I've got a 1 or 2 bar connection all night, I'm getting spawned in the same room I just died in 3-4 times in a row and everyone and their grandma gets 3 frags every life I'm not having a good time.

I can see your points about bad spawns and laggy connections in COD4, I've had spells of those myself but grenade spam, you've got to be joking. Grenades are used so much more in MW2 as you can effectively have an unlimited amount, so long as you either change class using OMA or have Scavenger. Even without those perks it's possible to have 5 grenades on you at once while having free choice of all the perks.

In COD4 once the maximum possible of 5 grenades has been used you cannot pick more up, and to have 5 grenades on you in COD4 you must be using Overkill, plus your first perk is removed to make way for the noobtube.
 
Frag grenade x3 is the biggest bitch to deal with. I played one game where it seemed like everyone on the other team was using it and was just chucking 'nades across the map for them to land right in my lap. They might as well have been using OMA with how many I saw flying at me.
 
That's because everyone still playing COD4 knows the maps like the back of their hand, I cannot remember the last time I didn't kill with a frag on that game because I've spent so long working out exactly where to throw them :lol:. MW2 will be exactly the same given time, well worse as you can have more nades.
 
I know the maps somewhat I mean I used to play the game a bit before w@w came out. I really hope they bring back pipeline in the next map pack.
 
For what its worth, I actually prefer COD4, there feels a bit more balance to the perk system, the kill streak rewards are far more reasonable, and I prefer the maps even if they appear to be more similar in style. The weapons and upgrades feel a lot more gimmicky in MW2 even if there is more choice, Twin model 1884's? double sawn-off shotguns? Heartbeat sensors? Javelin?

They are both very good games though.
 
Back