Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,453 views
I tried playing COD4 online tonight for the first time since before W@W came out. I now remember why I hate that game so much and won't be playing it ever again. No connection, horrible spawns and a crazy amount of grenade spam. MW2 is 100x better than that POS game. The next time I start getting a little frustrated with this game I'll just remember how bad cod4 is and I'm sure I'll be feeling better right away.
Wow, you have to be kidding me! COD4 is actually 1000x better than the POS that is MW2. MW2 had overpowered guns with no recoil, too many perks, unbalanced guns/perks, horrible spawns, etc. At least COD4 took more skill to play than MW2. Maybe that's why you ragequit. I honestly think that out of the last three CoD games that have come out, MW2 is close to being the worst. The only thing I really like about MW2 is the wide range of guns and attachments.


You two are both noobs, I love both games. CoD4's a little wonderfuller, but they are both goodest!

P.S. Who's all playing tonight?
 
I'd be in, but I probably won't be able to play for another six hours (at least) since it's on my brother's computer.
 
OK, me, Azuremen, his buddy Josh & Time Attack had a brief(by our standards) run tonight. Couple of notable stories:

1) This guy pacman, after a match on bailout, calls me a camper. Yes, I was holed up in one section, but I was sniping with RPD. As you guys already know, RPD doesn't lose stopping power over distance, so it makes great long distance rifle for someone who can't snipe(me). He texts me "c a m p e r", I respond "n e a t".

Next match, we are on a same team. While he wasn't one of those idiots who starts chasing his own teammates with a knife, I catch the son of a hibachi camping by the doorway. IN PRONE! He got up so quick as soon as I caught him doing it though. :lol:

2) TDM in Estate(Cody already know what's comin). Score is 7100 to something, we are up. I get a text from Azure's buddy Josh, he wants in. Honestly, I had just snuck up into the big house through the back, cleared everybody of the second floor. I set a claymore by the top of stairs, lie down on that loft off to the side, start texting him the match is just about over.......

As I was about to hit "send", this dude comes up running up the stairs, dies by my claymore. I'm so close to the frigging claymore, I die. The match ends. It was the game winning cam, so here I am, prone with a claymore set in front of my face, killing the guy, then I die. Azuremen texts me "smooth". :lol: I was texting to him, you & Time Attack a lot, they just got me at the right time, guys, I swear. :lol:
I'd be in, but I probably won't be able to play for another six hours (at least) since it's on my brother's computer.
Computer!? You are on PS3 though, right? I just got done anyway. If you have a gamertag, let me know. I'll add you for next time. :)
 
2) TDM in Estate(Cody already know what's comin). Score is 7100 to something, we are up. I get a text from Azure's buddy Josh, he wants in. Honestly, I had just snuck up into the big house through the back, cleared everybody of the second floor. I set a claymore by the top of stairs, lie down on that loft off to the side, start texting him the match is just about over.......

As I was about to hit "send", this dude comes up running up the stairs, dies by my claymore. I'm so close to the frigging claymore, I die. The match ends. It was the game winning cam, so here I am, prone with a claymore set in front of my face, killing the guy, then I die. Azuremen texts me "smooth". :lol: I was texting to him, you & Time Attack a lot, they just got me at the right time, guys, I swear. :lol:

Computer!? You are on PS3 though, right? I just got done anyway. If you have a gamertag, let me know. I'll add you for next time. :)

That Estate game was epic for me. I killed 7 people with the Desert Eagle as well. Finally unlocked Akimbo for it... Its awesome when I can aim and be patient on the recoil... but terrible in a panic. And why am I even using it? Because I have 1300 kills on the USP and about 700 on the M9, needed to try something else.

Those games were fun, aside from that one on Crash that was just a camp fest and grenades non-stop. Pretty much hate Marathon Lightweight + Shotgun people. Or M203, or UMP. A lot of people just like to break even and so just run around constantly. The number of times I'd kill a guy just to have him respawn around the corner, run straight to me, and bam, was just absurd...

Almost feels like the spawning system is worse now than it was a month ago.
 
Spawn was noticeably out of control. And I rarely notice this issue, it must've been pretty bad tonight.
 
I got a pretty good laugh out of that claymore kill cam.

Almost as bad was when I killed a guy on afgan in the small bunker only for him to tac insert in the same place and kill me .3 seconds later. That kinda ticked me off.

There was one game where I joined in on the other team. I killed azuremen and then had to leave because the frame rate was about 3. There was a lot of lag tonight.

After you guys left I finally ranked up and unlocked red tiger for my M21. I really don't think I'm going to prestige now.
 
Last edited:
I got a pretty good laugh out of that claymore kill cam.

Almost as bad was when I killed a guy on afgan in the small bunker only for him to tac insert in the same place and kill me .3 seconds later. That kinda ticked me off.

There was one game where I joined in on the other team. I killed asuremen and then had to leave because the frame rate was about 3. There was a lot of lag tonight.

After you guys left I finally ranked up and unlocked red tiger for my M21. I really don't think I'm going to prestige now.
When I realized what had happened with the claymore, saw the game winning cam, had to laugh myself.

I wasn't sure what you were talking about with a tac insert before. That sucks. :lol: Did you even see the red flame off the insert? :lol:
 
A6,xbox or PS3
what is your opinion on whats better?
 
No I was in the back of the wrecked plane and he was in the corner of the bunker aiming at the cave. I get a head shot and get up to run out of the plane. He was pretty much standing on his tac because I was dead before I even reached the middle part of the plane. I watched the kill cam and saw myself kill him and then pretty much fall over dead right afterwords...

And I almost felt bad for laughing but that was just golden.
 
No I was in the back of the wrecked plane and he was in the corner of the bunker aiming at the cave. I get a head shot and get up to run out of the plane. He was pretty much standing on his tac because I was dead before I even reached the middle part of the plane. I watched the kill cam and saw myself kill him and then pretty much fall over dead right afterwords...

And I almost felt bad for laughing but that was just golden.
Ah, now I get about you seeing yourself killing the other guy. And don't feel bad about laughing, like I said, that was unbelievably sad, though I was actually texting. :lol:
A6,xbox or PS3
what is your opinion on whats better?
Too many pros & cons. PS3 is a better value with Blu-ray & free online gaming. X360, you don't have either of those things, but XBL is better than PSN on gaming. Chat is much easier with the factory headset(I don't even use it for PS3, too clumsy), everything is integrated better. As far as the game titles go, it used to be X360, but last few month, everything I like is on PS3.

If you mean MW2, it feels equal on both systems, though I have read that graphics supposed to be better on X360. Connection is maybe better on XBL, but honestly, I don't notice any difference, and I get way better ping on PSN. Almost never over 100 on PSN, other way on XBL, almost never under 100. Go figure. Competitiveness on multiplayer's about the same. It might be slightly easier on PSN. My k/d I think was 2.26 on XBL to 2.36 I think on PSN.

A6, I'm about to get on.
I'm done for the night, I got a job! We'll try again sometime. We are all pretty decent players, and we make pretty formidable team when we are together. 👍
 
You should get a mic for the PS3. I wouldn't feel so alone then... lol. Sometimes I want to turn my mic on and call things out but it seems pointless when I'm the only one with a mic.
 
You should get a mic for the PS3. I wouldn't feel so alone then... lol. Sometimes I want to turn my mic on and call things out but it seems pointless when I'm the only one with a mic.
XBL ever complained though we were always in TD so it wasn't needed.
 
I do have a bluetooth headset. It's that pairing, and staticky sound quality. Just might be the biggest drawback on PSN.

P.S. Weiner: Get lots of practicing in. I want you on your A game when we play. :D
 
I don't have an issue with my mic. Its usually pretty clear unless the other persons has a **** mic. Thankfully my headset hasn't been giving me issues like it was before.
 
Practice? Pshh, you know I always do good. :sly:

But, yeah, I've been playing for a couple of hours now. Doing good. :D
 
Hey guys. :) I know this video isn't Modern Warfare 2, But it's still a funny video I uploaded a couple of days back of some young kids (actually 13-14, shock? lol) having a rage after some friendly rounds of promod on PC.


Thanks if you watch, It's a good 5 minute laugh. no disrespect to the two kiddies involved.

Peace.
 
Fixed the embed for ya' Pete.

 
I've gotten a bit frustrated with the FAL, so I've been experimenting with a few weapon line-ups. This is what I've got so far:

UMP45 with silencer and holographic sight
TMP with full metal jacket and extended magazines
Semtex charge and flash-bangs
Bling Pro, Lightweight Pro, Steady Aim Pro
Painkiller

Any suggestions n how to improve it?
 
Yeah, I have. It felt a little slower after I'd been experimenting with other weapons, though that meay be down to the use of Lightweight.
 
I use stopping power with FAL, and with holo and silencer it has become my favorit weapon :) UMP is one of the better lieghtweight weapons IMO.
 
I'd say Marathon is way better then Lightweight as a rushers perk, scrap Bling Pro (you shouldn't really need optics on a UMP) and get Marathon on Perk 1, opening up Perk 2 for something like Cold Blooded, Stopping Power or you could stick with Lightweight for even more speed. If you find yourself struggling with ammo, swap the TMP for a PP2000 which burns ammo less quickly but may need Stopping Power to really be effective.
 
I kind of do need optics since I'm still new to the game. I struggle with iron sights.

Also, riot shields seem to be all the rage tonight. I don't know if I wandered into a game being run by a few friends, but at least half of the other team were carrying shields at some point.
 
I kind of do need optics since I'm still new to the game. I struggle with iron sights.

Also, riot shields seem to be all the rage tonight. I don't know if I wandered into a game being run by a few friends, but at least half of the other team were carrying shields at some point.

You'll always struggle with iron sights until you start using them, my point really is that if you're using a UMP you shouldn't be engaging to many people at range (or you should swap to an assault rifle), so optics on a SMG are a little counter-productive as if you're engaging at the appropriate range for your weapon, you really don't need optics unless you have very bad eyes.
 
I've gotten a bit frustrated with the FAL, so I've been experimenting with a few weapon line-ups. This is what I've got so far:

UMP45 with silencer and holographic sight
TMP with full metal jacket and extended magazines
Semtex charge and flash-bangs
Bling Pro, Lightweight Pro, Steady Aim Pro
Painkiller

Any suggestions n how to improve it?

UMP .45 + Silencer
- Sleight of Hand Pro
- Cold Blooded Pro
- Ninja Pro

That's pretty much all you need to get a nice score in a match if you know how to play close quarters.

Also,

Vector + Holo + Silencer
SPAS 12 + Extended Mags + Grip
- Bling Pro
- Lightweight Pro
- Ninja Pro

It's such a good class to use if you want to annihilate with a shotgun. :)
 
Hey guys. :) I know this video isn't Modern Warfare 2, But it's still a funny video I uploaded a couple of days back of some young kids (actually 13-14, shock? lol) having a rage after some friendly rounds of promod on PC.


Thanks if you watch, It's a good 5 minute laugh. no disrespect to the two kiddies involved.

Peace.

I saw that from your channel the other day, it was good laugh but you have just made me laugh all over again because you are what? 14 years old now and you talk about other 14 year olds as kiddies, sorry but I found that funny :D
 
I have used UMP.45 w/ Silencer then my secondary would be a Spaz 12 with Grip
My perks:
Marathon pro
ColdBlood pro
Ninja Pro

My usual perks are those three and I still don't know how I get alot of kills.
 
Back