Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,720 views
I went bonkers on a few games tonight. Did decent for most of the games, positive ratio, then I dunno what happened but I go like 26 or 28 and 4 on Rust then 25-3 on Carnival. Only bad thing was some Puerto Rican who, despite a green connection, was lagging like mad and running around all jerky.
 
After not playing for the past few months, I started playing this game again in the past week. This is probably laughable, but for the first time I noticed a Harrier Strike will shoot down a enemy Pave Low. Launched two missiles right into her.
 
Dude, Harrier shot down my Chopper Gunner before it even reached the battlefield. Feels bad man.
 
Dude, Harrier shot down my Chopper Gunner before it even reached the battlefield. Feels bad man.

And this is why you don't call in air support with an enemy Harrier up...
 
what really sucks though is when you call it in and right after you call it, they call in a harrier.
 
My harrier rarely gets shot down. I have more troubles with my teammates harrier getting all the kills, while mine just idly floats. :crazy:

I've had some good games on Rundown in the past, but tonight's possibly topped them all: 45-4.

Exactly what happens when you have bunch of idiots who runs around in the open as if my harriers & pave lows were firing candies at them! :rolleyes:
 
Almost got a nuke again today. It was at Quarry. I got my Harrier, which was doing well. Then I get my Chopper gunner, and there's hardly a bloody person to shoot. I got up to 19 with it, then stepped outside, got killed by some heartbeat sensor noob. There was only about 4 other people in that game. If it were a full FFA, I'm sure I'd have gotten the nuke.


Also, I need someone to teach me how to quickscope. Any volunteers?
 
got killed by some heartbeat sensor noob.
This. Using a heartbeat monitor is a perfectly legitimate tactic.

Is it just me, or is COD steadily becoming the new COUNTER-STRIKE? I've seen countless examples of where players jealously guard their skills, of where people rage-quit and accuse others of being noobs simply because they get killed. It seems some players would like nothing more than to see most of the weapons removed from the game and everyone forced to play with a select set of weapons (that usually favour their own strengths) because it would be a "true" representation of peoples' ability. If I'm sitting on Afghan with a sniper rifle and I take you out with a headshot because you broke cover, that doesn't make me a noob. If I'm running into a room and I can't see what's around the corner and so I sent a grenade from the launcher before me and it kills you, that doesn't make me a noob. And yet in almost every game I play, someone is screaming and being abusive about it. There was a guy camped out in the substation on Derail once, and I managed to circle around behind him via a largely-unused part of the map, jumped over the claymore he had waiting and knifed him from behind. Did I get a "Whoa, that was a good stealth kill you had going"? No. I got "****ing noob! Someone kick this ****ing ****!", and all because I showed some guy that he wasn't nearly as good as he thought he was. People completely miss the fact that they're totally predicatable; everyone has a preferred route through each stage, even if they claim otherwise. It's the people who don't know the maps that you have to be wary of because they've got the element of surprise.

I think this attitude is really killing the multiplayer. I understand that some gamers feel the learning curve in MW2 is non-existent, and I think their complaints here are somewhat justified (although they could always go in for a Mercenary game ... this never seems to occur to them, though). But their behaviour isn't. If ever you join a COD-related message board or try to edit the Wikia, you're met by a barrage of hostile posters and ostracised if you don't value the same skills as they do. I have my preferences for a certain set-up, yet I get accused of cheating because I use Painkiller and get a health boost for ten seconds every third death. The wider COD community is filled with obsessive and openly-hostile gamers who are very unfriendly, accuse everyone who beats them of cheating and cannot believe that they are anything less than the best gamer ever. I'm sure this isn't what Tryarch or Infinity Ward intended - but it's what they're getting.
 
^ Well said 👍
 
This. Using a heartbeat monitor is a perfectly legitimate tactic.

Is it just me, or is COD steadily becoming the new COUNTER-STRIKE?

What?

Sorry, I generally have a much better player experience in CS 1.6 or even Source than had at any point with MW2. And I feel that likely has to do with the how many console gamers tend to be younger than PC gamers.
 
What Interludes said. 👍 One of the reasons I've love using a Grenade Launcher with OMA Pro + Danger Close Pro. I'm not playing seriously but I get so many hate messages that way, I love reading them though because they can't go beyond basic swearing were as I just rip back into them without swearing at all.
 
Sorry, I generally have a much better player experience in CS 1.6 or even Source than had at any point with MW2. And I feel that likely has to do with the how many console gamers tend to be younger than PC gamers.
At the height of its popularity, CS was pretty bad. I think it was the first shooter that really gained an international online appeal, but it was also the place where a lot of aimbots and wallhacks were developed. Even if neither are absolutely true, it certainly got a reputation as That Place. And when I play COD, I play on PC. Largely because I only have my brother's computer to play it on, but my point still stands.

If only BLACK OPS would ship with a friends list of some kind - some way of flagging gamers as people you like to play with, so that if you're online and searching for a game, the server will try and connect you. I think that would do wonders for the problem of people being so hostile: you could play with like-minded people, reducing your chances of running into someone who disagrees with the way you see the COD world.
 
Ok, I agree somewhat with you Interludes but there are cases where it is just straight noob behavior. I have no problem with people using the grenade launcher, it's the ones who use nothing but the launcher with OMA or Scav that ruin things. I've been in games where a guy never once fired his gun, all his kills were the tube or knife. That takes zero skill, thus, noobish. The HBS is a broken, noob attachment. If the only way you can get kills is by knowing exactly where someone is then you really should find a new game to play, and the UAV doesn't count because everyone gets it. And I'm so tired of showing up on the sensor even when I have Ninja. It's not all the time, but when someone with an HBS sprints there I am as a little blip when the next sweep comes along. These people usually suck anyway, but sometimes you get the guy with an HBS on a LMG who decimates.
 
And I'm so tired of showing up on the sensor even when I have Ninja. It's not all the time, but when someone with an HBS sprints there I am as a little blip when the next sweep comes along.
Not true. Ninja does work as designed; the killcams are broken ;)
 
Ok, I agree somewhat with you Interludes but there are cases where it is just straight noob behavior. I have no problem with people using the grenade launcher, it's the ones who use nothing but the launcher with OMA or Scav that ruin things. I've been in games where a guy never once fired his gun, all his kills were the tube or knife. That takes zero skill, thus, noobish. The HBS is a broken, noob attachment. If the only way you can get kills is by knowing exactly where someone is then you really should find a new game to play, and the UAV doesn't count because everyone gets it. And I'm so tired of showing up on the sensor even when I have Ninja. It's not all the time, but when someone with an HBS sprints there I am as a little blip when the next sweep comes along. These people usually suck anyway, but sometimes you get the guy with an HBS on a LMG who decimates.
Yes, there is noobish behaviour - but the actions of some shouldn't taint everyone just because they got a good kill against a player with an over-inflated opinion of themselves.
 
This. Using a heartbeat monitor is a perfectly legitimate tactic.

Is it just me, or is COD steadily becoming the new COUNTER-STRIKE? I've seen countless examples of where players jealously guard their skills, of where people rage-quit and accuse others of being noobs simply because they get killed. It seems some players would like nothing more than to see most of the weapons removed from the game and everyone forced to play with a select set of weapons (that usually favour their own strengths) because it would be a "true" representation of peoples' ability. If I'm sitting on Afghan with a sniper rifle and I take you out with a headshot because you broke cover, that doesn't make me a noob. If I'm running into a room and I can't see what's around the corner and so I sent a grenade from the launcher before me and it kills you, that doesn't make me a noob. And yet in almost every game I play, someone is screaming and being abusive about it. There was a guy camped out in the substation on Derail once, and I managed to circle around behind him via a largely-unused part of the map, jumped over the claymore he had waiting and knifed him from behind. Did I get a "Whoa, that was a good stealth kill you had going"? No. I got "****ing noob! Someone kick this ****ing ****!", and all because I showed some guy that he wasn't nearly as good as he thought he was. People completely miss the fact that they're totally predicatable; everyone has a preferred route through each stage, even if they claim otherwise. It's the people who don't know the maps that you have to be wary of because they've got the element of surprise.

I think this attitude is really killing the multiplayer. I understand that some gamers feel the learning curve in MW2 is non-existent, and I think their complaints here are somewhat justified (although they could always go in for a Mercenary game ... this never seems to occur to them, though). But their behaviour isn't. If ever you join a COD-related message board or try to edit the Wikia, you're met by a barrage of hostile posters and ostracised if you don't value the same skills as they do. I have my preferences for a certain set-up, yet I get accused of cheating because I use Painkiller and get a health boost for ten seconds every third death. The wider COD community is filled with obsessive and openly-hostile gamers who are very unfriendly, accuse everyone who beats them of cheating and cannot believe that they are anything less than the best gamer ever. I'm sure this isn't what Tryarch or Infinity Ward intended - but it's what they're getting.
I've posted same thing probably numerous times. If we met in a lobby, you have no business complaining to me, because we all have same access to same weapons. But having said that, if something frustrates you, I feel that this is the place to voice your opinion.

Just last night, me & my buddies got pwned by these rowdy, cocky players. I played OK, 15-5 or something like that, but I was the game losing death. I was hit by this noob tube whore.

I didn't direct my frustration to the guy who hit me, but I PM'd my buddy "this noobtube 🤬 will pay". Way I see it, it's OK to cry about it to your buddies, or your fellow gtplanet members in this thread. You just shouldn't open your mouth to total stranger crying about it. I've complained( ;) ) in private, or in here probably over a million times. But I have never directed frustration to other players in a lobby.

P.S. I killed that rowdy clan. They were real quiet after that one win they had(45-4 last night came against them, too). :sly:
 
My only real complaint are the people that sit in a corner or some other hard to access spot, never move the whole game, and just blindly spam their M203 and then reload with OMA. It is a very talentless way to get kills, and I fail to see how they even enjoy playing the game that way. Even when I am using Danger Close, I use it with Scavenger and I am actively moving around the map collecting ammo while using the rifle to deal with people.
 
I'd really like to know where these people sit because you always get those sky-high noobtubes that come down almost vertically at the start of a match and take out half your team, it takes some skill working that out.

While I am guilty of sitting mid-pack with a noobtube I find it gets so boring to play, I may try it once in a night to attempt a nuke but every match is the same. I couldn't stand playing like that all the time but I don't have a beef with anyone that does.
 
I have gone back to my 'evil' ways with the Danger Close, but yeah, with Scavenger as well. I use it mostly just on Terminal. Something about that map, I struggle playing conventionally. It's weird, because I was good on that map back in the beginning. :dopey:
 
I don't even have a gun with a launcher attached.
Is it ok to be upset when you watch your killcam, and see that the first tube he fired at you didn't quite finish you off, but did let him know EXACTLY where you were, so he reloaded his tube, rather than using a bullet, and then killed you with it, even though you were less than 6 feet away, and still unsure where the first blast that hit the wall in front of you came from?
Because I get upset at killcams like that.

I spent a good ten minute round on Fuel this evening, guarding the glitch rock with my M21, and managed to rack up 6 kills, shooting only people jumping up and down on the spot, trying to morph into a solid rockface.
They stopped coming, eventually.

:irked:👍
 
I don't even have a gun with a launcher attached.
Is it ok to be upset when you watch your killcam, and see that the first tube he fired at you didn't quite finish you off, but did let him know EXACTLY where you were, so he reloaded his tube, rather than using a bullet, and then killed you with it, even though you were less than 6 feet away, and still unsure where the first blast that hit the wall in front of you came from?
Because I get upset at killcams like that.
It's perfectly OK to be upset, but I don't think the noob tuber did anything wrong. If you aren't gonna use your weapons to your advantage, why even equip it?
I spent a good ten minute round on Fuel this evening, guarding the glitch rock with my M21, and managed to rack up 6 kills, shooting only people jumping up and down on the spot, trying to morph into a solid rockface.
They stopped coming, eventually.
I've been noticing how that rock has become a huge distraction on Fuel. I quit on World at War for similar glitches, but thankfully, Fuel's such a huge map, and I avoid the area anyway because of the snipers. Nearly an non-issue. :D
 
Get inside the rock, plant a claymore or C4, hop back out and take cover nearby. :D
 
I've been noticing how that rock has become a huge distraction on Fuel. I quit on World at War for similar glitches, but thankfully, Fuel's such a huge map, and I avoid the area anyway because of the snipers. Nearly an non-issue. :D

I see people, like, two or three people from the same team camping inside that rock in game types like Demolition or SnD. Seriously, whats the point? No one goes by that area. What they're doing is not helping out the team and end up losing. 👎

And, talking about World at War, anyone want to jump on it right now? Haven't played it in months!
 
I was just playing zombies. Haven't played multiplayer in a long time.
 
Not true. Ninja does work as designed; the killcams are broken ;)

Is that true? I swear some of the times I've seen it, they knew exactly where I was because of a blip.
 
There's no better example to get rid of the noob toobs for good than the game I just got stuck in. Enemy had seven players with them pssy things. We were stuck behind that respawn area behind the van at Karachi. No way to get out. 4 noob toob pssys on the right and three on the left. If we tried to get close enough to even see the enemy, let alone try to shoot at one, we'd die thanks to danger close.

If I hear more than two of those damn pssy weapons go off, even on my own team, I just quit right there and play a different match.

I can't play today, for some reason. Every game I got in had horrible lag. Glitching was pretty bad, too. No point in playing when it's like that.
 
try to play against 4 snipers on one team, that's nice too (not)
 
I got the most luckiest kill ever! the bomb blew up on sabotage so for no reason, I randomly spun around and fire my barret 50 cal until the game ended,(2-3 seconds) and as the game was about to end I got a kill I looked at the kill feed, and I headshotted somebody I was in the middle of wasteland with no enemies nearby, frankly I wish I could have seen the killcam and heard the guys reaction.
 
To quote SweetShopUnion or whatever he is called now...:
The guy would have been like "FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU"
Thats all SSU says when I pass him cleanly on dirt 2...
 
Back