Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,745 views
Yep.
I think he got a new PSN as well.
Possibly FFloats. As with most of Wikipedia, citation required for that info... :D
 
Thats all SSU says when I pass him cleanly on dirt 2...

Pffffttt..... Yeah.

Bit off topic is SSU called floats now?

Yep.

Yep.
I think he got a new PSN as well.
Possibly FFloats. As with most of Wikipedia, citation required for that info... :D

True Dat! Would of got Floats but it was taken so I put another F on the front.


Also:
Picture11-1.png

My face when using the M21 EBR.
 
Thanks if someone changes name and avatar it confuses the hell out of me.
 
And here he is... Just floating around like a turd... Sorry ;)

Pffffttt..... Yeah.

What do you mean? I have never, ever hit you hard enough to destroy your vehicle...
 
Relax.
Anyway, to keep this on topic...
I am going off MW2 fast. Only played about 30 minutes in the last month or so. I just don't really enjoy it anymore. :indiff:
 
I am going off MW2 fast. Only played about 30 minutes in the last month or so. I just don't really enjoy it anymore. :indiff:

Same, I play a few games and then I get bored of it. Even though it's more involving than COD4 I don't want to keep playing games, where as COD4 had me hooked for over 2 years.
 
Going for SitRep Pro now! Just got 14 claymores in one match. 58 in total
 
Sometimes? I dunno. I remember one time on scrapyard I wasn't having a great game so I was chilling in the back when a guy came up behind me with an AUG. I took a couple hits, spun around and tubed him to the chest. It was epic. I only wish that was the game winning kill. I loled.

btw I did watch that video. Hello, my names hutch and I make call of duty videos and post them on the internet. :lol:
 
:lol:👍 Hutch was like "wtf what's quicktubing"... then he saw BT's video :lol:
 
Nah. Hutch was mega-confused on Twitter. :lol:
 
Ah. Silly twitter. That word makes me think of another word. Can you guess what it is?

nevermind...
 
Just picked up MW2 again, but this time for the 360.

Feel free to add me (ScaffGTP).....


.....and I am quite happy to confirm that from my point of view (having owned it on both platforms) that they look pretty much identical.


One quick question, are either of the map-packs worth looking at? They both strike me a bit expensive and I am not 100% convinced.



Regards

Scaff
 
Pretty cool story (and guide):

One day a few of my friends and I were playing a quickscoping match against some jamaican semi-pro's, and during one round there was one of us alive and one of them alive. For some reason, the jamaicans kept screaming "silent shot, do the silent shot!!!". We had no idea what they were talking about. Until we saw the killcam. The last guy in their team killed our guy, with an intervention, without the bullet making any noise, hence the "silent shot". We were awed. What happened was 2 of the people in my team (good friends of mine) and I kept on training to do the silent shot. We can now do it perfectly, and I might post a video up, because it's a little hard to explain in writing. Nevertheless, i shall give it a go:

1) Practice your no-scopes - no matter how random they are-. Silent shots can only be achieved while no-scoping.

2)Equip your throwing knife.

3) Press the trigger (R1), and directly after press the "equipment" button (R2). Don't let go of the R2 key, because if you do it incorrectly, or you don't hit the target, you will lose your throwing knife, and most likely get killed while looking for it. Timing is key. Do not press the 2 at the same time, and at the same time do not leave too much time in between. Yes I know, it sounds very confusing.

The silent shot is essentially a no-scope, so you won't always hit your target.


If you do it correctly, the screen will tilt to the right, about 30-40º (not that good at angles, please forgive me).

If not, the screen might tilt, but not as much; 10-20º-ish.

The silent shot will only appear silent in the game winning killcam -if done correctly- (I cannot confirm that this happens in a regular killcam.

Sorry for the extremely hard-to-understand guide. As I have said before, it's hard to explain over text. And it is almost guaranteed that you will not achieve this on the first try. Practice with a friend in private matches.

If you're really lost, but really curious to wonder what this "silent shot" is, add me on my gaming account (PSN): nuklear_pumpkin. I'll gladly show you what it looks like (: , and i'm always up for a 1v1.
 
Just picked up MW2 again, but this time for the 360.

Feel free to add me (ScaffGTP).....


.....and I am quite happy to confirm that from my point of view (having owned it on both platforms) that they look pretty much identical.


One quick question, are either of the map-packs worth looking at? They both strike me a bit expensive and I am not 100% convinced.



Regards

Scaff
Just sent you an invite, though I haven't played MW2 on X360 in awhile.

On graphics, having played extensively on both platforms, I don't see any differences.

Map packs, if you like slower maps(camping, etc.), I think you'll love the new maps. Unlike the CoD4 map packs, I do like the new maps for MW2. And if you are like me, CoD4 maps like Strike, Overgrown are must have's. I sure hope they add the Pipeline at some point!

Edit: My silent shots come from sucky internet connection. It's also invisible, and ineffective. It's so magical only I can see the 🤬 bullet being fired. Killcam will only show me standing around, picking my nose. :lol:
 
Just sent you an invite, though I haven't played MW2 on X360 in awhile.

On graphics, having played extensively on both platforms, I don't see any differences.

Map packs, if you like slower maps(camping, etc.), I think you'll love the new maps. Unlike the CoD4 map packs, I do like the new maps for MW2. And if you are like me, CoD4 maps like Strike, Overgrown are must have's. I sure hope they add the Pipeline at some point!

Thanks for that.

Overgrown was one of my favorite maps on COD4 so might have to look at the map pack with that in it, will leave it a while as I'm running through the campaign again first and ranking up with on-line.


Regards

Scaff
 
Relax.
Anyway, to keep this on topic...
I am going off MW2 fast. Only played about 30 minutes in the last month or so. I just don't really enjoy it anymore. :indiff:
Same thing happened to me, albeit a few weeks ago... prestiged again, got to level 9 and haven't played it for like three weeks. :lol:
 
I added another friend on PSN, last night. We were in the same TDM lobby for over an hour, maybe almost couple of hours. He's good, and he especially impressed me when we were on the opposite teams. He doesn't put up monster numbers, but really solid, consistent, and never really let up. He'd be a great guy to have on your side in TDM games. 👍
[empty space];3965470
ooo! hes back on the 360? :lol:
I'm thinking I'll check back in soon, actually. ;) I was on last night to check out Netflix, but you haven't been on, have you? Just in case nk4e's wondering, I finally figured out how to set up the privacy setting thing, so people won't know I'm on. I just used it last night, but nk4e was the only one who was on from here. :D

Before I switch back, I'm really close to reaching 2.50 k/d on my main account on PSN, so I think I'll at least finish that, before entertaining the idea of migrating back to XBL. If I head back, I hope you & nk4e still find time for MW2. I know it's been awhile!
 
[empty space];3965470
ooo! hes back on the 360? :lol:

I know but I use to have that privacy setting on all the time when I play SF or Blazblue
 
I came up with this crazy idea. Top six of our North America players on PSN. Set aside a few hours on a set date. No backing out no matter how bad your individual game is going(I never do that). Go for the record winning streak. We don't have enough players on XBL, I'm sorry. :p

Me & Forza/Icarus was part of such run couple of months ago(maybe longer), I think the streak still sits at 28. Some came & go, Azure & Turf(Josh) played a lot of it. Many of you I think took some part in it, too.

What do you guys think? When at least like four of us are together, we rarely lose. If we actually went in, trying to win every game, not worried about losing people while in the match, or in the lobby, I think the chances of breaking 28 win streak are actually pretty good. I know that when I'm doing horrible, I just give up, or bail. But when you put things in perspective, my "horrible" end-of-the-world game is like still pretty close to breaking even on k/d. When your bottom of the barrel players are still minimizing number of deaths close to 10, you kick butt.

What do you guys think?(say "yes"!)

Edit: Actually, I think the chance of all six players playing the whole duration could be a long shot. We'd need breaks, we'd need sub's.
 
I'm thinking I'll check back in soon, actually. ;) I was on last night to check out Netflix, but you haven't been on, have you? Just in case nk4e's wondering, I finally figured out how to set up the privacy setting thing, so people won't know I'm on. I just used it last night, but nk4e was the only one who was on from here. :D

Before I switch back, I'm really close to reaching 2.50 k/d on my main account on PSN, so I think I'll at least finish that, before entertaining the idea of migrating back to XBL. If I head back, I hope you & nk4e still find time for MW2. I know it's been awhile!

It's been a while since i've played much of anything on my 360 :ouch: i will suck though when i go back to mw2 :lol:

just let me know when. i graduate on the 20th :D
 
[empty space];3965888
It's been a while since i've played much of anything on my 360 :ouch: i will suck though when i go back to mw2 :lol:

just let me know when. i graduate on the 20th :D
Wow, one week left. Congratulations, man. 👍 When does the 9th grade start for you? :p
 
Just picked up MW2 again, but this time for the 360.

Feel free to add me (ScaffGTP).....


.....and I am quite happy to confirm that from my point of view (having owned it on both platforms) that they look pretty much identical.


One quick question, are either of the map-packs worth looking at? They both strike me a bit expensive and I am not 100% convinced.



Regards

Scaff

IMO the second map pack is marginally better than the first for value.
I am sick of salvage already, and storm, though crash is a nice map, but for me (I try to snipe) I prefer strike, carnival and fuel, which are all map pack two. Vacant is a very intense game too, but you can sit on the outskirts and pick them off if running around close-quarters is not your bag.
Carnival is really just one long hide and streak though.
You can be sat quite obviously on that map, and be walked right past.

:irked:👍
 
Salvage is alright now. I used to not like that map but I've learned how to play on it now. Every time I spawn in I send a javelin right into the middle and almost always get first blood that way.
 
Back