Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,671 views
Pretty good games tonight. That game on rust was lol. I stole someones sentry gun but the game was so busy I didn't get to use it. :lol:

I didn't think the lag was that bad A6. I had some but I could play around it. ACR/TUBE is always good to fall back on. Thanks for that help to. I had always thought that the M21 gained nothing from stopping power because of its damage multipliers but that is flat out wrong.
 
I've decided earlier this week that I will not be looking to play, or purchase anymore FPS in the future. There are just too much frustration involved, and most from things that are beyond my control.

For my game(spare you the long story here), the connection speed pretty much decides the outcome. My input does very little to change it. If I get matched up against bunch of noobs, then it's a different story, of course, but how often does that happen?

Until the day all of us get close to equal connection, I've come to the point that with a game like this, stress starts outweighing the fun. Same reason I quit playing basketball(too old now anyways, but). Idiots can't play defense, so they'd take my head off couple times a night in a attempted "block". They are fatter, shorter, slower, can't jump, clumsy, or all of the above. You couldn't block me if I was driving on a wheelchair. I loved basketball, but when you are more annoyed by it than having fun, you should walk. Funny story, several months later, they got me to come back for one night. Second game in, I get poked in the eye by a midget with no skills trying to block my shot. My comeback lasted about 15 minutes, probably!

I'm officially done after MW2, I won't be getting the Black Ops for sure now. I just hope GT5 will keep me entertained, I might even sell the Xbox. I got it strictly for Call of Duty, and I haven't seen any games on it I'd be interested in. :crazy:
Pretty good games tonight. That game on rust was lol. I stole someones sentry gun but the game was so busy I didn't get to use it. :lol:

I didn't think the lag was that bad A6. I had some but I could play around it. ACR/TUBE is always good to fall back on. Thanks for that help to. I had always thought that the M21 gained nothing from stopping power because of its damage multipliers but that is flat out wrong.
No prob broseph. On the lag, I got dropped so many times by people who were absolute terminators, due to the lag I was getting. I was literally shooting half a clip into these guys, and they'd just drop me. It was so frustrating on top of that, because when I do actually get somebody, there were, without a fail, a second shooter shooting me in the back, before I could even reload my NEAR-EMPTY CLIP(from dropping one guy). I had couple of good games, but it was all harrier/pave low. Nothing to do with me. Nothing like using SCAR with stopping power, a true overkill of an assault rifle, but you couldn't kill while emptying a clip. I was probably shooting at some butterflies three feet to the left!

Edit: Forza/Icarus - Sorry I didn't get to the message until too late. TA invited me, I got my friend + his brother-in-law or something, I got little distracted & didn't check the message until when I replied you back. :ouch:
 
I don't want to hear it. You will so buy black ops.
When they come out with some sort of system to even out the connection, I'll be back. It's not a problem for fun & games. I just get too competitive with it. I'm not as bad as some of the crazies we all run into in some matches, yelling at teammates, out of control trash talking, but still it's no good man!
 
They do have something like that. Its called upgrading your internet service. Honestly if I can keep raising my K/D on my connection you shouldn't have an issue. :lol:

You wanna play again tomorrow night? Maybe you should try a slower paced game. Lag is more frustrating in TDM I think because of the fast paced nature.
 
It's all good. I was actually getting real good games connection wise. Might have only seen 1 or 2 herky-jerky laggers all night. I wasn't doing too bad on the scoreboard either, Immortal accolade in over half the matches but some I was only at like a 2 ratio and 10-5. I did run into a boatload of runner class idiots though, with their barely 1 kdr. I still get tired of unloading half a clip and they just keep running, oh well.
 
They do have something like that. Its called upgrading your internet service. Honestly if I can keep raising my K/D on my connection you shouldn't have an issue. :lol:

You wanna play again tomorrow night? Maybe you should try a slower paced game. Lag is more frustrating in TDM I think because of the fast paced nature.
If I get cable connection, I know I can get my game in a higher gear.

I can play tomorrow, I might even come back tonight. Only way I have to defeat lag is to get the hell out. Lobby-shopping until finding a solid three bar's a norm for me. Trouble is, if I'm gonna shop lobbies, I can't party up with other people. I had three bars tonight, but I've had two bar connection that were way better for sure. Nothing like getting owned by complete noobs, just because they can see you one second before you see them. :grumpy:
It's all good. I was actually getting real good games connection wise. Might have only seen 1 or 2 herky-jerky laggers all night. I wasn't doing too bad on the scoreboard either, Immortal accolade in over half the matches but some I was only at like a 2 ratio and 10-5. I did run into a boatload of runner class idiots though, with their barely 1 kdr. I still get tired of unloading half a clip and they just keep running, oh well.
My "idiots" were the noob-tubers. Those mothertruckers had no k/d, but they just kept owning me with the tubes. I stood no chance against those.
 
When they come out with some sort of system to even out the connection, I'll be back. It's not a problem for fun & games. I just get too competitive with it. I'm not as bad as some of the crazies we all run into in some matches, yelling at teammates, out of control trash talking, but still it's no good man!

This is why I am playing SC2 now, rather than MW2. A little latency won't be game changing where as in MW2 its the difference between you shooting bullets and not at all.

Which is a fairly large deal in a shooter.
 
This is why I am playing SC2 now, rather than MW2. A little latency won't be game changing where as in MW2 its the difference between you shooting bullets and not at all.

Which is a fairly large deal in a shooter.
Exactly. Teams we went against tonight were horrible, and they still owned me in some of the matches. Hard. :(
 
I'm done for the night. I have something to do tomorrow.

I do a lot of lobby shopping myself but ever since the change in my connection I've had an open NAT and haven't had as much of an issue finding games with half decent ping. There is still lag but its gotten better somehow.
 
I'm done for the night. I have something to do tomorrow.

I do a lot of lobby shopping myself but ever since the change in my connection I've had an open NAT and haven't had as much of an issue finding games with half decent ping. There is still lag but its gotten better somehow.
Alright then. 👍 Yeah, your k/d was really top-notch, tonight. Did we even lose a game? I don't think so.
 
Nope. I don't like losing. :) I'm pretty happy that my K/D is still going up. I've been using UAV/CUAV/PRED for a long time now so most of my kills are with my guns these days.

Did you see in the final game on afgan I got another triple with my pred missile, stood up right after and fired a tube into the cave for the game winning kill. I just missed getting a quad kill cam. I love getting quad kill cams :lol:
 
No, that was one of the worst games of the night for me. If not the worst. Couple of times, combined with my rusty aim + the lag, my clip ran out before I could drop a guy.

You know what, I am getting back on. I don't think I want to quit until I get to be on the giving end of some of that garbage. :crazy:
 
Lol good luck with that. I'll try and be on again tomorrow night.
 
They are out to get me tonight.

I get back on, I go 6 & 1 in something like half-a-game. I like it. Both teams have couple of unstoppable players, so naturally, match making put them together, and me on the other team. Next couple of games, I am the only one finishing with a respectable score, everybody else in negative.

I then hook up with my coworker. Same 🤬 thing. Still lagged more than I liked, but thankfully, other teams were mostly noobs, so the matches were forgiving. I even got one MVP! One. :( There was one guy who was half decent though. He owned me every time, I didn't get him once. At least not when I went after him. I put in I don't know how many rounds in him. I hate my internet.
 
I like it when you're having a bad time because it means the connection is in my favor. Usually when you're having a great night I don't get anything. :)
 
Well, I had the best demonstration of the genius spawn system ever.

Was in the back office building on Scrapyard, out on the porch thing. Guy shoots me, I respawn inside just in time for him to knife me, and then I respawn by the rocks, and he shoots me again.

I watched the last kill cam. It showed him running up to be just after I spawned for the knife, and then I watched myself appear in his direct vision.
 
I watched the last kill cam. It showed him running up to be just after I spawned for the knife, and then I watched myself appear in his direct vision.
I've seen something like that before, but on a much-larger scale. Three or four guys kept spawning right in front of an enemy. Since the game apparently spawns you near allies, I suspect the enemy player was using some kind of hack or something to confuse the game into thinking he was on their side so that they'd spawn near him, since we were in a pretty isolated section of Rundown at the time. The host booted him from the server before anyone could ask anything, like what he was doig and how he was doing it.
 
Nah the spawn system is rubbish if a single player gets into the opposing teams spawn. On scrapyard I killed one guy 8 times in a row because he kept getting spawned in the same three places around domination point A, it wasn't even in a random order so I could just run to the next spawn point after I killed him.
 
Yeah, it happens, occasionally. If I'm spawn killed more than twice, I usually bail, or at least thinking about it. If it's by the same guy, like in what happened to Azuremen, then I go after the guy. I don't care about the death count at that point. :lol:
I like it when you're having a bad time because it means the connection is in my favor. Usually when you're having a great night I don't get anything. :)
We are like Romeo & Juliet, man. Just not meant to be! :lol:
 
Just don't go and ask me to poison myself and we're cool.
 
Hey man...... I think there might be a sniper in that shed. Can you make a decoy run? I got your back! :lol:
 
That I can. You know the guy's on the other side, he knows you are there, been in that situation more than once. :lol:
 
Yeah me to lol. You know where he is, he knows where you are and your team members obliviously run right in to him time after time. :lol:
 
Yeah me to lol. You know where he is, he knows where you are and your team members obliviously run right in to him time after time. :lol:
If I had a dime for every time that happened. Then, once in awhile, your guy just runs in, completely pwns the guy, then like takes two more out. He probably has comcast. :lol:
 
LOL! I love it when that happens. I feel dumb for just sitting there in awe. lol.
 
Exactly. I'm OK with that though, I realize my limitations. :lol:
 
Yeah its pretty hard to rush in all rambo style and take everything out when you're sniping with an M21. lol.
 
Back