Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,745 views
It just kills me knowing I could have had a nuke. I know its worthless putting it on for the next game because the teams will just switch and they'll be ready for it and I'll end up going like 13-7 or something horrible.
 
On the other hand you'd have played differently and taken less risks which for various reasons will have affected your score and may well have kicked up a death. On a similar note, that's why I don't run the AC130 or Chopper Gunner anymore, to me those moments sat on the screen for either is time wasted that I could have been gunning people down the old fashioned and more rewarding way. It's ironic I suppose, alot of players would love to get an AC130, CG and most certainly the 'tactical' nuke but I don't want them anymore to the point that I'll give one up from a package unless they're waiting to try steal it. Obviously I don't get nuke packages, but I run the EMP instead of it as I have the nuke emblem I have no desire to get one again.
 
I haven't had a nuke. Every time I've ran with it in the past has just led to frustration. I've been close a few times but thats it. Its always when I'm running the low streaks that I end up having a killer game.
 
That makes your frustration understandable, as you know (and to be honest I've always assumed you'd have at least one nuke based on your posted stats) you have the ability to get it but haven't been able to. There is a fair amount of luck with nukes though, you need to be playing with a room full of sub-yourself players who don't shoot air support to have a decent chance of getting one. It also helps if you have 1 or 2 party members who will help keep you safe when you're using air support and such, and for them not to be to good themselves or they'll outshine you.

Most of mine came in pairs or threes, where I've seen a chance for one and got a couple in a row and once or twice managed a turkey of them. I remember my first one I was on 23/4 when my air support all faded and I was cracking badly missing easy shots I'd normally make with ease and getting lucky as a team-mate killed them before they got me. I think I missed about 5 easy kills and had alot of jelly on my screen before I managed to pick off 2 together ironically with a spray (miss easy kills, land harder double kill :lol:).
 
A lot of it probably has to do with me playing mostly TDM with randoms. I can put up the big scores but my team mates typically don't know what they're doing. I really don't care much about getting tons and tons of nukes I just want one or two so I can say I did it. I typically try and be the team player and run lower streaks though so I can get a lot of them since I know I'm bound to die at some point.
 
I gave up on the nuke. During one smokin' hot period, I was racking up so many kills, I decided to equip the nuke reward. I can't remember if it was 21, or 23. I just kept dying at this one set number. Thinking back, I think it was before I discovered Scavenger. Maybe I will try again. :p
 
Getting nukes in TDM is not going to happen often. I always run Ground War when I was doing Nuke stuff, just longer games with more people to kill, tends to work better I feel.
 
Ground war lags me way to much. I can get a good three bar in normal TDM but a bad 2 bar seems to be the norm in ground war.
 
Ground war lags me way to much. I can get a good three bar in normal TDM but a bad 2 bar seems to be the norm in ground war.

Your internet is bad then :p

GW has a bit more lag but nothing I can't seem to play with.
 
My internet is bad. I've said it 1000 times. Verizon DSL blows.
 
Good point on the TDMs, Azuremen.

Are we still planing on this Saturday? I can play Saturday, but I don't know how late. I am going shooting for real, this Sunday. Friday night works for me a bit better. I'll be there regardless though. :dopey:
 
My internet is bad. I've said it 1000 times. Verizon DSL blows.

Don't need to tell me that. With all the frustration it's been causing me these past two weeks, they have the nerve to raise my rates by 28%!

It's time to find something other than V-DSL. Maybe cable, but I don't know who's good here in SoCal.
 
My Verizon got bought out by Frontier. Same service, still the slowmo DSL. If they raised my rates, I'd leave without any hesitation. Slow speed, costs as much as the cable connection.

I hadn't played in couple of nights, and I pretty much played like a noob today. I'm just glad that I was so tired, I'm headed straight to bed after this. Usually, I get mad & play until my k/d has dropped couple of points(actually, it did drop to 2.51). I'm getting to the point my mind is fuzzzzzzzzy. :crazy:
 
15-5 with akimbo MP5s on Underpass - stupid kit, retarded map but nice score. Go figure. :crazy:
 
I am going shooting for real

What do you plan on shooting? Heading to a range, or going out into the wilderness? I haven't shot in a while, so I just might fire off a few rounds tomorrow.
 
I had some pretty decent games tonight, I was playing with two buddies; we had a 14-game winning streak and in pretty much all of the games I had a K/D > 1, which for me is ridiculous.

I had a 15-5, 16-4 (which I felt was the best match I've played to date), 19-10 and some other pretty decent scores. Even managed to get my K/D up 0.01 to 0.73 :lol: I have no idea why I was doing so much better than usual - I was doing what I normally do when I play MW2; I know a good team can influence your win streak, but I'm not sure how one affects your K/D ratio :lol:

Somehow I even managed to go 19-11 in a TDM on Rust using akimbo MP5Ks and akimbo PP2000s + Maralightninja... and run 'n gun play is not my forte. :dopey:
 


:lol:!!!!!!!
 
Isaiah Mustafa. :lol:


Also, Legendary, sorry about my buddies (taylorbm and Raging_Ranga [lol]) being a bit rude :p
 
I was going for a nuke today, got up my 24th kill until this noob commando knifed me. ended up doing a 33-3 or something similar..
 
I had a quick go on MW2 just now, decided to have one of my random weapon nights and opted for the much hated L86 LSW and my days was I in for a shock. The things great once you get a grip on it (only takes 10 kills after all), on Derail I was making snipers look silly using just the grip (forgot the score) but my team won 200-57 in the Ground War and then I left and rejoined another GW which was TDM on Wasteland, now using Bling RDS+Grip and went a flawless 24-0. I thought I'd be easy prey for the low recoil ARs and of course snipers but nobody seemed to be able to stop me and the brute force I had made easy work with no damage drop at range.

It's not for all as the recoil is heavy and burst fire is a must but it's definately worth a go.
 
I don't like the longer ADS time of LMGs and the wide drop off in accuracy over range. I just about started pulling my hair out last time I used an LMG. I'd get hit marker on a guy and not be able to hit him again before he and his ACR would drop me like it was nothing.
 
It's the reload times which get me with them, I don't mind the longer ADS seeing as you should be more defensive with them anyway. The big plus is the zero damage drop at range, which means you only need 2 shots with the L86 (with stopping power) to kill people and that's pretty formidable if you can control the recoil. It feels more like using an assault rifle in something like BC2 infact, which is probably why I have no issues as I played plenty of that game and you have to burst with assault rifles to be any good at range there. I can only use the AUG and L86 though, the reload times on the others drive me mad and force Sleight of Hand Pro and I like to keep my options open.
 
I've been working on Mastery for the MG4, and I did manage a nuke with it and the Striker on Crash, with a Silencer and Grip on the MG4. It is just about using bursts and positioning yourself, which reminds me more of CS.

Friday night (tonight) should work fairly well for me, better than Saturday I'd say.
 
I've been using the MG4 as well. Its alright because of the low recoil. I find I use more ammo with it though. The longer reload doesn't bother me at all since you've got 100 rounds to use up before needing to reload. That is more than enough to kill the entire other team at least once.
 
Unfortunately for me, I'm an OCD reloader, if I see a gap which could be filled with more rounds I just have to reload and I'm pretty safe. Good habit when playing with ARs, bad when using LMGs.
 
Unfortunately for me, I'm an OCD reloader, if I see a gap which could be filled with more rounds I just have to reload and I'm pretty safe. Good habit when playing with ARs, bad when using LMGs.

I broke that habit years ago. Only reload in cover when I feel that there will be a break in combat. Though I still cancel the reload numerous times with a quick tap on the stick to run if I have to.
 
Don't get me wrong I don't reload randomly in the middle of nowhere, I always do it in cover and when I know I'm safe. I also make use of a double triangle tap to cancel the reload if neccessary, I never reload if I think someone will be near, but just 4 or 5 reloads (in a match) is 30 seconds wasted with an LMG without sleight of hand pro.

It's a very good habit for a guy who normally uses assault rifles, I just don't want to sit around for nigh on 10 seconds if I'm half a clip down and there is a chance I could leave myself in a bad way if I carry on as normal.
 
I've been working on Mastery for the MG4, and I did manage a nuke with it and the Striker on Crash, with a Silencer and Grip on the MG4.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy would you do that? I'm sure you're aware the MG4 + silencer still shows you on the map when you fire, so you wasted an attachment slot and a perk ;)
 
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?. I'm sure you're aware the MG4 + silencer still shows you on the map when you fire, so you juwasted an attachment slot and a perk ;)

Was just unlocking the HBS, so not like I cared much.
 
Back