Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,749 views
I don't have a problem knowing where I'm being shot from either, but you can just notice things that little bit easier which helps in a team effort. I don't think Sit Rep is all that useful on it's own but the Pro version is very good with reasonably good sound system (or headset). Unfortunately unlocking it is incredibly painful and pointless wasting effort unless you're not prestiging (which I never have on any COD game).
 
I started trying to unlock it but like I said I just don't run into that many claymores or tac inserts. I have been sitting on level 70 for a while now but I've decided to prestige again soon so I've stopped trying at least for now.
 
Last edited:
Probably for the best, I knew I'd never prestige again so I ran it on my normal set ups (Scavenger Pro, Stopping Power Pro with the M16/Famas) but the best way to get it is probably using FMJ which I wasn't running, then you can just shoot what you do find through walls. It's a long haul but Sit Rep Pro is a useful perk, whether it's worth it? I'm not to sure but I wanted to Pro anything which I may use.
 
The pro version I'd find a lot of use for and I may yet try and unlock it.
 
even if it mean only two perks, i would love to be able to run both cold blooded and stopping power.

i really hate how a random predator missile will ruin a streak.
 
Last stand is a garbage perk and a garbage death streak. If I'm going to die just let me die.

That is what I thought when people started to complain to me that painkiller was a 🤬
 
Pain killer is just random which I hate. If someone on my team kills the same guy three times and then I run into the guy and die because of it I'm going to be pissed off.
 
Some guy was blasting Linkin Park through his mic. :irked: In the same game I found myself using akimbo MP5Ks... on Wasteland. :lol:

I failed more too, somehow I managed to send myself right back to the main menu when exiting the lobby in order to find a different game with Legendary :lol:
 
I tried using akimbo MP5Ks and they're fun but I still prefer to ADS.
 
Yeah, akimbo MP5s are decent, but using them on Wasteland... no idea what I was thinking :lol:
 
Some guy was blasting Linkin Park through his mic. :irked: In the same game I found myself using akimbo MP5Ks... on Wasteland. :lol:

I failed more too, somehow I managed to send myself right back to the main menu when exiting the lobby in order to find a different game with Legendary :lol:

Yeah, that was some fail!
 
What the hell was that all about? :lol:
 
I dunno, some stupid Australians being idiots as usual. Its almost embarrassing to be Australian sometimes but then I realised that they are probably low lives with no friends so no one has to put up with their crap other than other CoD players.
 
Don't worry, I don't think it's exclusive to Australia! There's plenty of idiots all around the world who play COD alot, running their mouths about nothing or playing overly loud music. That's why I mute anyone quickly unless they try to help the actual game or just talk like a normal human being should.
 
Trust us Drag, these guys were pretty huge asstards :lol: What were they saying Leg, you're not meant to play Barebones for the purpose of having fun? Then they said something about boosting, and I do remember I told them to 🤬 off if that's what they were going to do :lol:
 
They went on saying to each other that I said "I play Barebones Pro for fun" when I didn't say that at all. All their mates wouldn't listen to me at all and they were like "OMG LOL PATTIES, he doesn't boost in Barebones Pro" (surprised face!).

Overall stupidity.
 
Ah, right. I wasn't paying attention to the finer details - I was too busy killing the idiots :lol: Think I went 27-16 or something that game?

And my Kiwi accent is awesome? :lol:
 
Your Kiwi accent rules! I love them, always having a joke around with Kiwis at school :). Even teachers join in! One of the Kiwi's in our class payed out a Texan accent and immediately everyone in the class 'Baa'd' like a sheep :lol:.
 
I don't get how people can play with music on. I have to hear everything. I think even some air support is to loud.
 
Wow really, I play with music on usually. I have it at around the same volume as the game if not a bit below. Sometimes I cant play the music loud enough because it is connected to the same set of speakers as the PS3 so I have to adjust it with my ipod. Sometimes max isn't enough without blasting my room with gun shot noises.

Different types of music will pull out different results, I find techno is good for no scopes and crap on rust while calmer music is better for Search and Destroy. If I am last alive on S and D I sometimes turn the music right down to hear footsteps and such. The only times I have problems with music is in those cases where I need to hear whats going on.

One final random comment, I find car explosions can be ridiculously loud sometimes, particularly on CoD4.
 
Music is a major distraction. I'd play like arse if I was listening to anything but the game.
 
Yoyo, been a while since I've looked in here!

My friends and I got a 50 winstreak on Hardcore S&D last night - pretty epic. The only reason we lost in the end is we had been playing about 9 hours straight and had 2 pissed guys on our team. :lol:
 
Pain killer is just random which I hate. If someone on my team kills the same guy three times and then I run into the guy and die because of it I'm going to be pissed off.

I can't kill anyone with pain killer active because your arm is till thrown off so icant hit anything. Doesn't protect you from spawn in the path of predator or air support either.
 
James, if you put a crew together, how long of a team deathmatch win streak do you think you guys can put together? I don't know if you read, but our [GTP] guys from North America went for 42(some longer) in about 7 hours. Continued the next day with a skeleton crew, got 8 more for 50. Had we planned & continued the second run with a full crew, I don't know if we'd have ever lost!

On players being jackasses, guys like me & breakpoint made a point of it before, but it's pretty bad in the States. Seriously, I lose faith in humanity every time I run into these idiots. And there are so many of them! :lol: Another proof that if you are an idiot, you should keep your mouth shut!

Painkillers, I hate them. But as someone said already(Drag?), it's a deathstreak. It's just one of those things. Any deathstreaks, you died a bunch already, so I'll just mutter something, move on. :D

Music. By playing it while playing the game, it's as if you are voluntarily disabling one of the perks.
 
I don't get how people can play with music on. I have to hear everything. I think even some air support is to loud.

I have to agree with this statement. 👍

I've said it before in the COD4 thread, but sound is one of the most under used features of the game. it was in COD4, and it is exactly the same in MW2. If you listen very carefully, you can hear a multitude of different noises, and if you understand the noises, you can use them to your advantage.

All the subtle sounds you hear, are from your immediate vicinity. When I say subtle sounds, I mean things like sprained ankles, weapon reloads, footsteps on floorboards etc. Knowing this, you can triangulate threats that you may not necessarily see, but you know where they are from, because you hesrd the sound crystal clear and you are aware of your surroundings.

As for the loud air support it has its uses. I find that I can disguise the sounds of my movements, and even mask the sound of gunfire if it is timed with a particularly loud air support attack (the AC130 is good for this). 👍
 
I suppose pain killer isn't as bad as constantly running into juggernaut all day long.
 
James, if you put a crew together, how long of a team deathmatch win streak do you think you guys can put together? I don't know if you read, but our [GTP] guys from North America went for 42(some longer) in about 7 hours. Continued the next day with a skeleton crew, got 8 more for 50. Had we planned & continued the second run with a full crew, I don't know if we'd have ever lost!
We could possibly put together a longer win streak -the standard of players in TDM is usually lower than S&D. The only issues we were worried about is that if someone turns off their console mid-game, or dashboards, the win streak is instantly lost. So we were very lucky to have a run where we were host 80% of the time and the other 20% didn't suddenly disconnect.

a6m5
]On players being jackasses, guys like me & breakpoint made a point of it before, but it's pretty bad in the States. Seriously, I lose faith in humanity every time I run into these idiots. And there are so many of them! :lol: Another proof that if you are an idiot, you should keep your mouth shut!
No offense to any americans in here, but they tend to mess around a lot more than any other nation - they are either really dedicated or just dick around a lot and lose the game for us.

And music is a BIG nono - you need sound to know where the enemy is. ;p
 
With regards to all the music, I can still hear most of the noises because as I said I dont have it up loud. When it comes to me needing to hear noises I will turn it right off for the round because as you all have said, it is darn useful. I use the noise all the time, to make sure no one comes from behind while looking through a window or other instances like that.

As for American CoD players, they are first on the list of douchebags, Australians coming second. Americans are terribly racist, loud and obnoxious, dumb, no - lives, mean and overall terrible to listen to. Of course this doesnt apply to the better people like you guys but most of the American games I have played people are asking if other people have 'dirty crap' on their skin, as in black skin.

Japanese players are by FAR the best people ever, in the world, for anything. They are polite online and in the real world which is why I would like to move there in 4 or so years. My parents are moving there regardless so it is my choice whether I go with them or not :).
 
Back