Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,608 views
What do you plan on shooting? Heading to a range, or going out into the wilderness? I haven't shot in a while, so I just might fire off a few rounds tomorrow.
Mostly random cheapies, like my buddy's SKS, 12-gauge. I have jam-prone Remington .22 rifle, but I also picked up a Glock G17 9mm(don't hate Solid! lol) I haven't had the chance to try out yet. That one, I'm really looking forward to. :D
I don't like the longer ADS time of LMGs and the wide drop off in accuracy over range. I just about started pulling my hair out last time I used an LMG. I'd get hit marker on a guy and not be able to hit him again before he and his ACR would drop me like it was nothing.
I only use the RPD, but I never had issue with the its' accuracy. In fact, RPD, along with the ACR & SCAR are my sniper rifles.
I've been working on Mastery for the MG4, and I did manage a nuke with it and the Striker on Crash, with a Silencer and Grip on the MG4. It is just about using bursts and positioning yourself, which reminds me more of CS.

Friday night (tonight) should work fairly well for me, better than Saturday I'd say.
Well, my shooting got canceled, again. I can go tonight, or Saturday. My game was pretty lame last night though. Unless we get at least Rabia AND Time Attack also, I'd be surprised if I can be of much help tonight.

I will play tonight regardless, try to get back into game form. :dopey:
 
Well if I play anything like how I was last time, I'll just need people to not die often :p
 
Well if I play anything like how I was last time, I'll just need people to not die often :p
True dat. :lol:

Well? Wiener & TA? How you guys looking for tonight? How about Icarus or Vash?
 
I'm feeling very "meh" tonight.
But you can play? I'm much worse than "meh", but if Azure want to extend the streak, I'll be there, no probs.

What do you think Azure? It's your streak, it's up to you. I'm gonna go get something to eat. Let us know, and I'm sure we can get some help from our friends online, too. :)
 
I'm down for it tonight, just let me know in the thread when you guys start to hop on.
 
I'm down for it tonight, just let me know in the thread when you guys start to hop on.
I should be on by seven. 👍

I'll try to warm up fast. :p

Edit: No good, man. I just got off one of my best games tonight, 4 kills 4 deaths. It is amazing. My k/d has been about .30. Getting killed with connection speed, skills, luck, and everything else. They are just running past my claymores, knifing me through AA12 fire, super fast fire rate P90 doesn't even register hits on some of the encounters. Wow.
 
Last edited:
Mostly random cheapies, like my buddy's SKS, 12-gauge. I have jam-prone Remington .22 rifle, but I also picked up a Glock G17 9mm(don't hate Solid! lol) I haven't had the chance to try out yet. That one, I'm really looking forward to. :D

Let me know what you think of the Glock. I am somewhat in the market to buy my first firearm.

True dat. :lol:

Well? Wiener & TA? How you guys looking for tonight? How about Icarus or Vash?

I would be up for playing some tonight. Though, I have to say, I have not played much this week at all and it has been a mostly rough month for me on the game. I am in a slump with my abilities at the moment.
 
Well I just woke up from a nap... (not feeling the best today it seems) so give me a few and I'll log on and we'll see
 
Let me know what you think of the Glock. I am somewhat in the market to buy my first firearm.
At this rate, you might buy your gun & fire it before I get to shoot mine. :lol:
I would be up for playing some tonight. Though, I have to say, I have not played much this week at all and it has been a mostly rough month for me on the game. I am in a slump with my abilities at the moment.
I'm struggling, man. I just had 16-4, which is the only respectable score I've had all night. Azure, are you sure you want to do this tonight? I will be no help to you at all, dude. It's so bad, I'm past being upset, I'm just laughing at the ridiculous deaths. :lol:
 
I'm online. The rest of you should be. A6 is. Where is rest?

Where is you all?

Srsly guys.
 
I'm just going to listen to some music and go to bed. Not playing tonight.
 
Aw be brave and not stress about your kd too much.
 
Tonight was reminding me why I tend to hate this game at times - Marathon Lightweight with UMP or Akimbo Shotguns... all I saw for several games.
 
I just had to leave mid-game. My internet's just utterly, completely useless for this game, but it just got impossible on Storm. I started the game 0-5.

Not because I rushed, or they were that good, or anything like that. My gun, which has been useless just about the entire evening, it just stopped even getting register mark. :lol: I'm shooting, shooting, shooting, they finally start shooting back, drop me instantly. My final stand kicks in, I'm still shooting, they now finish me off instantly. DSL should be five dollars a month, that's all I can say.

Surprisingly, I had 2-to-1 kill death ratio for the night. Mostly due to P90/RPG combo, or Danger Close whoring. Very sad, but I have no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have come up with even k/d tonight if it wasn't for those weapons. I just can't wait for GT5, so I can be done with the FPS altogether! :crazy:
Edit:
Tonight was reminding me why I tend to hate this game at times - Marathon Lightweight with UMP or Akimbo Shotguns... all I saw for several games.
Thinking back, maybe my internet was no worse than most regular nights. Runners are impossible to beat with slow internet connection.
 
My dumb sister wanted to go to bed, so I had to turn off the PS3, just as we were staring to play. :grumpy:
 
I just had to leave mid-game. My internet's just utterly, completely useless for this game, but it just got impossible on Storm. I started the game 0-5.

Not because I rushed, or they were that good, or anything like that. My gun, which has been useless just about the entire evening, it just stopped even getting register mark. :lol: I'm shooting, shooting, shooting, they finally start shooting back, drop me instantly. My final stand kicks in, I'm still shooting, they now finish me off instantly. DSL should be five dollars a month, that's all I can say.

Surprisingly, I had 2-to-1 kill death ratio for the night. Mostly due to P90/RPG combo, or Danger Close whoring. Very sad, but I have no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have come up with even k/d tonight if it wasn't for those weapons. I just can't wait for GT5, so I can be done with the FPS altogether! :crazy:
Edit:

Thinking back, maybe my internet was no worse than most regular nights. Runners are impossible to beat with slow internet connection.

Runner can help with a lag connection, too.

Yesterday, I had lag pretty terrible. Decided to goof around and tie up some Perk challenges, since I couldn't find a decent game. One being 'Marathon' and 'Lightweight.' So, I ran like a loon. Mostly at Wasteland which I think is the biggest and easiest map to run.

I went 39-22. I can't remember if I've ever had 40 kills in one game before, so this is the most kills I'ver ever had, I think. I used akimbo Vectors, which totally sucks on Wasteland, but I didn't much care. Run around the outside over and over again, sneaking up and stabbing people or shooting them with the USP .45 was a lot of fun, for change of pace from getting killed by somebody I never saw until after they killed me.

Like you said, screw Black Ops. Since the internet connection problems will be the same, there's no point in getting any more online FPS games.
 
I went 38-23 in a totally awesome HC Domination on Derail :D Playing with two buddies as well as Legendary (who joined session), we were down 100-160 or something, only for the four of us to pretty much single-handedly turn it around and win 200-191 :D I'm amazed my K/D for that game was so good given 1) it was Hardcore, which I didn't really like (note the use of "didn't". lol) 2) I was using the typical Marathon/Lightweight/Ninja (now have NJ Pro, woot) silenced UMP class and 3) I had 3-4-5 streaks. :lol:


Speaking of streaks, later on I managed to get harriers in HC Sabo on Quarry. Ended up with a killstreak of 10... for someone as hopeless as me to get harriers and a 10 KS, the opposition must've been rubbish :sick:
 
I also picked up a Glock G17 9mm

I've shot a G17, first handgun I shot actually. It shot nice, and Glock make quality guns...but it's just not my style. I prefer hammer-fired pistols that can be fired in single action. I'm still debating on my next gun and if I want polymer or steel frame, but my top choices are FNP-9 or FNX-9 for poly and CZ-75 if I go steel. If I had the funds I would jump on a 1911 in an instant, but I probably wouldn't get to shoot it as often as a 9mm.

Let me know what you think of the Glock. I am somewhat in the market to buy my first firearm.

My advice to you, handle as many guns as you can and it's even better if you can fire them. Make a list of ones you like and do some research on them. I don't know what sort of budget you have in mind, but that can also dictate what you go for. Of the big calibers 9mm is cheapest compared to .40S&W and .45 ACP. There's no better bang for your buck than a .22 LR though. At about $30 or less for 500 rounds, you can shoot all day for the cost of about 50 rounds of 9mm, plus it will help you get comfortable with the basics of shooting due to the low recoil compared to larger cals. A good .22 pistol can be had for <$300 depending on the features. Check out Ruger Mk IIIs and Browning Buckmarks.


And, so as not to make this post completely off-topic...I'm not sure when I'll get back to MW2. I want to do as much as I can in 3D Dot Game Heroes before I give it back to my cousin, plus I've started playing Oblivion again which I haven't played since I got the PS3. It was awesome playing with you guys though, everyone's game just seemed to fit together and we could dominate for hours. I can't wait to have some friendly races against you guys.
 
To continue my chronicles with the L86, it just keeps on amazing me the scores I'm posting with the thing. New PB with the gun is a 56-6-2 on a late join on a losing domination team on Karachi in GW using 5-7-9, but the majority of kills being from the barrel of my own gun as it just tears up at medium range where the power is supreme slicing through multiple enemies (literally I got a good 2 or 3 collateral sprays where the second guy died at the same time as the first). It's by no means the best gun going but play to it's strengths and you will cause serious damage in high traffic areas especially in Ground War where you have plenty of people to shoot at.
 
Wow! Check this out, it is insane!



The whole map has been flipped around (well, the whole video) and it looks soo trippy and different!
 
Search and Destroy can die in a fire. Firstly, because I'm crap at it (although somehow I managed to start a round on Strike 6-1... wtf), and secondly because everyone else is crap at it too.

Teammates will just stand around in one big group not going anywhere on offence, even when they have the bomb; and if someone does stop making like a headless chicken and plants the bomb, the planter will inevitably die and the plant site will be left unprotected; then you have the players who look like they're going to plant - they have the bomb and are right by a bomb site, only to seem to forget that they have the bomb and are meant to plant it and go exploring the opposite corner of the map. Oh, and people who walk right by a planted bomb on defence and ignore the big red "\/ DEFUSE \/ icon on screen, even though there's no enemy in sight and a defuse takes five seconds.... until there's three seconds left on the timer.

And of course you have the people who just plain suck. I witnessed a guy on my team go 0-4 on Trailer Park, in one case he literally walked right past the last living guy on the other team. I saw the other guy as clear as day, but my teammate must've been blind or something. Then the next round he was standing in one of the trailers, looking out the window; an enemy poked his head into his field of view... so what does my teammate do? Goes back to hiding for a second, but then moves to the doorway - and ends up with bad guy filling the screen. He doesn't even try to shoot and - predictably - gets killed. That was the end of the match... :banghead:

dude, you need to play in a party with your friends so you know the people on your team are half way decent. end of problem. lol
 
Runner can help with a lag connection, too.

Yesterday, I had lag pretty terrible. Decided to goof around and tie up some Perk challenges, since I couldn't find a decent game. One being 'Marathon' and 'Lightweight.' So, I ran like a loon. Mostly at Wasteland which I think is the biggest and easiest map to run.

I went 39-22. I can't remember if I've ever had 40 kills in one game before, so this is the most kills I'ver ever had, I think. I used akimbo Vectors, which totally sucks on Wasteland, but I didn't much care. Run around the outside over and over again, sneaking up and stabbing people or shooting them with the USP .45 was a lot of fun, for change of pace from getting killed by somebody I never saw until after they killed me.

Like you said, screw Black Ops. Since the internet connection problems will be the same, there's no point in getting any more online FPS games.
On Wasteland, that is crazy!
I've shot a G17, first handgun I shot actually. It shot nice, and Glock make quality guns...but it's just not my style. I prefer hammer-fired pistols that can be fired in single action. I'm still debating on my next gun and if I want polymer or steel frame, but my top choices are FNP-9 or FNX-9 for poly and CZ-75 if I go steel. If I had the funds I would jump on a 1911 in an instant, but I probably wouldn't get to shoot it as often as a 9mm.
I do not get the fascination with the 1911's, but guys I know are the same way, they love them. I did used to like them back when I was a kid. I had a airsoft with full metal construction, extra long barrel. They were referred to as "Colt Government" in Japan, it was sweet. 👍
I can't wait to have some friendly races against you guys.
I used to be a pretty skilled Mario Kart driver, up until the Wii with the retarded motion control steering. :lol: I drive in Gran Turismo like I'm using a motion sensor wheel!
Wow! Check this out, it is insane!



The whole map has been flipped around (well, the whole video) and it looks soo trippy and different!

.garbage Pointless !Legendary alot Thanks
 
I can't stand Search either, I play COD as my casual shooter with Bad Company 2 my more serious one so when I do play COD I just wanna rack up some kills and have fun (though I do still try to win). I find Search just completely unsatisfying and I don't have the patience for it when I'm playing any COD game because it's just not what I enjoy about the game at all. I love the equivalant no respawns mode on Socom and such but the combination of CODs feel and how quickly you can die just spoils the atmosphere to me.
 
S&D's kinda neat, but yeah, I think you need to be with people you know. It might be a lot of fun in private match, actually.
Are we playing tonight?
I want to. I've been playing so badly, I need to get out of this funk!

Let me know the time, I gotta eat first.
 
I feel like going out and having a few beers but I don't have any money. :(

I guess I'll have to stay home tonight. I might get on if everyone else is going to be on.
 
I feel like going out and having a few beers but I don't have any money. :(

I guess I'll have to stay home tonight. I might get on if everyone else is going to be on.
:lol:

I doubt others will be on. If you feel like playing, send me an invite. I think you have both map packs. Some maps I haven't even seen in weeks. It. Really. Blows.
 
Back