Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,553 views
What makes the M40 better? The R700 has more reliable damage multipliers.

Although the M40 is slightly less powerful, it is more accurate, the R700 carries the most sway of all snipers in COD4 and has more recoil then the M40, and with stopping power it became irrelevant that it had less power. It also had an extra shot in the clip and curiously the base damage rose when an ACOG was equipped from 70 to 75 which is why the quick-scopers favourite is the M40 (with SP and an acog it's one shots ANYWHERE V non juggernoobs as I believe legendary said).

I however only sniped traditionally which meant not using the ACOG, and I also liked that the R700 was a little more difficult and therein more rewarding and similarly stopping power could be traded out for UAV jammer making myself much harder to find on maps like Overgrown.

Unfortunately in MW2, stopping power has become a near must for sniping, as assault rifles are so accurate across the board so you have much less time to take shots due to the higher risk of death. However Sleight of Hand Pro gives a little back to help make sniping that little bit easier and you can still run without stopping power but it's often not worth it. It's still good fun though, and very satisfying when you string a few OSOKs together.

Naturally as many would guess knowing me I opt for the Intervention as it's much like R700, though I like the R700s old school style better another reason why I prefered it to the M40 I actually choose guns by looks to, I also find that Bolt Action forces you to become more accurate as you don't have the option of spraying. Though the Barretts high recoil stops you spraying it as well, you get that little more time to adjust with the Inter' and you physically can't panick fire to quickly not that I personally ever have.
 
I have panic-fired with the intervention and R700 before and still got the kill.
 
I don't think you understand what I mean, I mean there is no temptation to fire off loads of bullets if you miss the first shot forcing you to make sure you make the first shot count more as the time it takes to bolt the rifle your scope is well settled for the next shot. Novice snipers with the Barrett often fire to quickly and don't give themselves time to re-adjust as they panick fearing death after missing the first. I never personally had an issue with it because I stay cool headed when things go bad, but it's worth note for those who aren't so big on sniping and want to get more precise.

I've thrown a random grenade and killed someone, doesn't mean I should do it every time. It's more useful to make sure you keep a cool head on every shot, and forcing you to make the first shot count by being punished essentially for missing (by giving your position away for nothing).
 
What came to mind, if my position was found and the enemy found my location while I was looking through the scope. If I took more than one shot and he still coming at me firing and I am taking hits ever so often. I will disband my spot while looking through the scope though my accuracy is going down because I am changing body positions. I may have read it wrong again. But its usually for me, 1 shot miss = another position to be found.
 
your not kidding snippers mw2 my old "PARDON- COMUNITY-ASS GETTING SHOT ACROSS MAP.???

Some people do it with the M4, AK, even the Saw...kind of scary at times or a RPD.
 
I hadn't planned on playing much MW2, but my cousin wanted to try and finish up Spec-Ops and I still needed to complete some so we spent most of the evening working on those. Got everything but 2 stars on Wetwork before he packed it up and left. It took me hours of trying different ideas from solo speed runs on YouTube but I have finally completed Spec-Ops and gotten my MW2 Platinum. 👍 It was a complete 🤬 and frustrating as hell but satisfying.
 
You should help me with that. I've only got the AC130 mission and echo ops left.
 
You should help me with that. I've only got the AC130 mission and echo ops left.

I would advise trying some of the YT solo speed runs for Wetwork, it might be easier than going co-op since there's less people to deal with and you don't have to keep stopping and starting to revive a downed teammate. It honestly took me like 3 hours to finally get it, but I kept making stupid mistakes and getting caught up on things. I'll see what's going on next time I'm on, I got no probs helping you out.
 
I've made it to the end several times but the part with the smoke always gets me killed.
 
I admire your patience. Once I sense I'm spending too much time, I give up fairly easily. :lol: My buddy who sucks online(don't tell him I said that), he was so much better on Special Ops, and he was helping me. I think after the third chapter or whatever, you couldn't advance any further until you clear some of the levels with more number of stars? I just said I don't need to beat this, let's go play multi-player. :lol:

On top of that, physics are different, and it's harder to drop the enemy, compared to the multi-player. It sucks. In my opinion.
 
I admire your patience. Once I sense I'm spending too much time, I give up fairly easily. :lol: My buddy who sucks online(don't tell him I said that), he was so much better on Special Ops, and he was helping me. I think after the third chapter or whatever, you couldn't advance any further until you clear some of the levels with more number of stars? I just said I don't need to beat this, let's go play multi-player. :lol:

On top of that, physics are different, and it's harder to drop the enemy, compared to the multi-player. It sucks. In my opinion.

What is your friends GT?
 
I've reached new lows playing with the M16 today. Soon I'll prestige and let my k/d slip into oblivion.
 

This game makes MW2 look like the best FPS of all time. :sick:
 
I've made it to the end several times but the part with the smoke always gets me killed.

That is the worst part if you try and play proper or co-op. The easiest way to do it is just run up the stairs, over to the left side and run to the breach point. You have to forget everything else and just run though, you can get it so you run into no one or just 1 or 2. All you have to do is get to the breach point and get the charge planted. A thermal F2000 from the crates a flight down can help so you can take a look and see if anyone is ahead of you or just tac-knife enemies in the way.

I admire your patience. Once I sense I'm spending too much time, I give up fairly easily. :lol: My buddy who sucks online(don't tell him I said that), he was so much better on Special Ops, and he was helping me. I think after the third chapter or whatever, you couldn't advance any further until you clear some of the levels with more number of stars? I just said I don't need to beat this, let's go play multi-player. :lol:

On top of that, physics are different, and it's harder to drop the enemy, compared to the multi-player. It sucks. In my opinion.

It's not so much patience as it is frustrated determination. Some of them were super easy, some that were supposed to be easy were hard just because you got complacent. It's a ton different from MP, but I can adjust to that difference. I'd use the auto-aim to full advantage, bouncing in and out of ADS and firing a burst instead of tracking them like I tend to do in MP.
 

This game makes MW2 look like the best FPS of all time. :sick:


OMG, I laughed so hard at the ending I thought I was going to run out of air. The video clip was long, but so worth it. I think the best line, besides the obvious ending was:

First Guy: "Did that guy just come out of an explosion?"

Second Guy: "Yep."
 
I don't see consoles getting dedicated servers. That will be PC only.
 
I think I actually played that Hour of Victory demo.
 
So, how much does the dedicated servers help with the connection speed? Would it help the players in a match receive more uniformed connection quality, or would it still depend on your internet provider?
What is your friends GT?
He isn't from the gtplanet.
I've reached new lows playing with the M16 today. Soon I'll prestige and let my k/d slip into oblivion.
M16 sucks in this game. Drag's probably the only person who claim the gun's decent, then pull it off. :p
 
I don't see consoles getting dedicated servers. That will be PC only.

I didn't think it would happen, either. I'm not sure dedicated servers would solve the lag issues, anyway.

That link you provided is running too slow, hence the earlierl, "Bah!" What's happening? Any details, yet?
 
M16 sucks in this game. Drag's probably the only person who claim the gun's decent, then pull it off. :p

So what's a good gun for a crappy player? I know the SCAR is good with or without stopping power.
 
TAR-21
ner.gif
 
That's what I was using before the M16. I did better than with the M16, but I wasn't too good with the recoil unless it was with a silencer.
 
Well, thought I'd share a big accomplishment (to me) with you all. I probably average only 2 hours a week of game play, but I have finally earned the Fall Camo for the Barrett! :D I don't care how ugly it is, I'm using it ALL THE TIME! :lol:
 
I'm listening to gunns4hire talking about blackops. This is sounding epic. Can't wait for this game.
 
Back