Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,488 views
I've summed up the main features as mentioned by Hutch/Inside Gaming in the Black Ops thread, some of the features are very interesting and I'm seriously considering getting it now.

But it releases November 9 here. That's a week after GT5. :\
 
So what's a good gun for a crappy player? I know the SCAR is good with or without stopping power.
It really depends on your playing style, but SCAR is undoubtedly one of the best all-around gun in the game, if not the best.

I am a crappy shooter. For longer shots, I use ACR, have used RPD with lots of success in the past. Silencer is great for ACR, SCAR. With the RPD, a grip is a must. You could also bling FMJ on it.

If you like run 'n' gun, I use P90 with a silencer. With the sleight of hand-pro(quicker aim), that gun can be unbeatable(w/good connection).

For sidearm, I'd recommend SPAS for bigger maps, AA12 "the lag-buster" for the smaller maps, or maps with lots of indoor action.

More importantly, I'd work on stuff like aiming speed(practice on trees, cars, etc.), paying attention to detail on screen, any movements. Also, always look around. Pay attention to your surroundings by looking around, as much as you can. Finally, keep your back to the edge of the map, buildings, etc. Don't let them shoot you in the back!

P.S. For average players like us, maximizing the use of kill streak rewards are a must.
 
The one thing I saw that I didn't like was it looks like the ballistic knife looks to have some serious range.
 
Yup, we're going to have trolls shooting knives at you all the time, as well as crossbowing you. Those stuff will make noobtubes be like nothing at all.
 
I don't see it being that bad. If they miss with these they miss. If someone misses with a tube you still die if you're anywhere close.
 
I'm sure the game will be good. One concern for me(other than I'm quitting FPS!), the thing looks too busy. If anything, MW2 made the game too busy, escalation is the last thing I wanted to see.
 
They're taking it in a different direction. The game is still COD without being exactly the same as COD has been for the past few years. I'm sure there will be the usual things but I think this game will really bring fresh blood to the series.
 
I like the sound of contracts. Should give you that extra level of challenge.
 
Hutch playing Black ops for the first time using the Famas. This is part one. I will try and post part two soon as it is available.



EDIT: Here is part two. Part three on the way.



EDIT: This is part three.

 
Last edited:
A6, please come to the fighting community!
 
Quick look at the create-a-class, guns, perks, attachments and kill streaks.

 
Time_Attack mate, can you please try and keep this in the other thread now. I have posted up all this while you have been gone and while this is related to CoD, the huge amount of new info will bombard this thread.

Everyone else, if you want the new info I am sure you can find it in the Black Ops thread :).
 
I am not going to get Black Ops.
 
I wasn't going to but it shaping up to be interesting, thats for sure. As long as you cant go under 70% of the maps when it comes out I will be keen to try it.
 
Halo Reach is enough for me.
 
Halo Reach is enough for me.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
+1 for TA.

You can't be serious? I played halo when I was 9, I own a 360 with Halo 3 and never ever ever play it. It actually makes MW2 look good :scared:!

Yeah...I don't play Halo and don't plan on it.
 
A6, please come to the fighting community!
My pathetic plan is to stick with MW2, milk that & CoD4 as long as there are people still playing on it. Considering you can still find games on CoD4, I think I'm still good for another year on MW2. :lol: Seriously though, I just get too frustrated playing those games online, so I'm gonna take more laid back approach on them from now on.

I also plan to sell the X360. I was entertaining the idea before, but with the XBL Gold price hike, I think it's pretty much a lock now. I don't use it that much, they want to charge more for it, it's just the logical choice, unfortunately. :crazy:
 
:lol: Its for my nephew. Since I am getting it, I might as well finish the story. MW had its cliffhanger which kind of ended at mw2.
@A6: I thinking on getting a PS3..
 
Last edited:
Just for a gun tip:
Try the TAR gun with silencer and stopping power. I have it in one of my custom classes slots and just recently I began to notice how good it actually is and why I have it in my slots. It's extremely good. I don't know but with stopping power it kills people almost instantly. Can get kill-to-death ratios of 4+ easily on those medium sized maps. It's not the móst accurate gun out there. But the maps in CoD MW2 aren't that big at all anyway. It's perfect for Afghan-style maps out there (the medium-small range). I don't know what it is because stat-wise it's nothing special. But in practice this gun just works. Period. I was thinking, it could also have to do with a higher magazine count. Because sometimes it feels like a P90 style of magazine, just firing endlessly untill your enemy is dead.

But then again, I never really truly liked the SCAR gun. I love the FAMAS and ACR (though ACR lacks a bit of power and rate of fire).

P90 is very good. Not with silencer though IMO. It gets very inaccurate and jumpy.
Don't underestimate the vector! If you have a lighweight class, then a high rate of fire will do very good for anyone. High rate of fire plus extra running speed is deadly. And it's actually very accurate.

Try not to use scopes or red dots or anything. They use up more usefull options like silencers (wich are my favorite items to equip on my gun).

Position yourself compared to your teammates.
The position of your teammates should guide you to where you should be. That's the most usefull tool I have and use when playing the game.

For the SCAR, it's supposed to be an above average gun without stopping power so I use it for my only silencer/cold-blooded/ninja slot. It's very good in that set up. Better than anything else at least. Still not a fan of it though.
 
SCAR fits my style, as I used it from a submachine gun duty, assault rifle, even as a sniper rifle. Rifles have crazy accuracy in this game. The main issue with the gun I think is the slow fire rate. And on ACR, you are right, it does lack the stopping power. It more than makes up for it in accuracy & fire rate though IMO. I like them.
@A6: I thinking on getting a PS3..
I think it's worth it. If you did end up on PSN, and if we were playing same games, I'd be very happy to have you on board. You, along with breakpoint, empty space were very cool people to play with.

I'm just sorry you missed out on playing MW2 with us on PSN. I have never seen so much consistent butt kicking on a Call of Duty. It's been kind of ridiculous. :lol:
 
Last edited:
i guess if the 360 crew is migrating ... heh :s
 
Not really random, XBL is kind of killing me though alot of people from SRk play on PS3 ( well both) and the majority of the tournaments are using PS3. But most likely, I will stick with XBL for awhile.
 
Yeah, even in my local circle, I'm the only one who will be ridding of the X360. I have one friend who is X360 only guy, who says that he hopes to trade the X360+games in towards a PS3. Most of my friends, they a) only use PS3 b) already have both systems c) still playing on last generation systems :lol:
 
I tend to play at the Arcade.
 
Oh my! I think it might be time for me to hang up my rifle once and for all with regards to this game. I rarely play it now, and last night, although a good one, was pretty tough on my senses, and I finished after an hour suffering from motion sickness.

Seriously though, my reactions are getting noticeably slower, and I'm finding it harder and harder to play more than one or two hours at a time now. Games like these are for the younger generation, and at my 'advanced' age, I'm finding it tough to compete with the twitch style of gameplay. Twenty years ago, I could have been a contender, but alas those days have long gone! :lol:
 
I tend to play at the Arcade.
When I moved from Japan to Oregon in 1987, arcades sucked here. Last decade or so, they've been nearly extinct.
Oh my! I think it might be time for me to hang up my rifle once and for all with regards to this game. I rarely play it now, and last night, although a good one, was pretty tough on my senses, and I finished after an hour suffering from motion sickness.

Seriously though, my reactions are getting noticeably slower, and I'm finding it harder and harder to play more than one or two hours at a time now. Games like these are for the younger generation, and at my 'advanced' age, I'm finding it tough to compete with the twitch style of gameplay. Twenty years ago, I could have been a contender, but alas those days have long gone! :lol:
I wish I could feel sorry for you, but I can't. :D

As someone who has limited speed, skills to start with, my game is based on efficiency & manipulation. I know which weapons, equipment, perks, etc., works for me, I stick with them. Same on the maps. Where I think I'll be vulnerable, I avoid, and this is where the manipulation comes to play. I will try to draw you in, or out. I will try to trap you, but I avoid walking into yours. Also, most of my kills comes from unsuspecting targets. From distance, or by flanking, or by ambushing.

While my game has improved by so much, since CoD4 days, I'm still 50-50 on face-to-face encounters. My crap internet does not help!
 
Back