Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,488 views
I wish I could feel sorry for you, but I can't. :D

No need to feel sorry for me, I'm getting old now. It is getting harder and harder to beat the young ones to the twitch, intuition only goes so far! I'll probably still play the game in some form or another, but with GT5 just around the corner, most of my time will be spent playing that. 👍

As someone who has limited speed, skills to start with, my game is based on efficiency & manipulation. I know which weapons, equipment, perks, etc., works for me, I stick with them. Same on the maps. Where I think I'll be vulnerable, I avoid, and this is where the manipulation comes to play. I will try to draw you in, or out. I will try to trap you, but I avoid walking into yours. Also, most of my kills comes from unsuspecting targets. From distance, or by flanking, or by ambushing.

You've proved once again how much in common our gaming styles are! I more or less play in much the same way, lures and traps play a big part in my gaming style.

There is one part of MW2 that I still love, and that is the thrill of the hunt. I don't always go for the top of the leaderboard, sometimes it is worthwhile going just for the top guy on the other team.

I enjoy learning the patterns that certain gamers use when they play on certain maps, and it can be very rewarding to de-construct their gaming style. Most guys are pretty predictable in their attack vectors, but every now and then I will come across a guy that truly understands the game.

For the record, I wouldn't say that I know the game inside out, but I am sure of my weapons and my perks. I basically like to scratch the itch. Some times it works, sometimes I get my ass chewed off! :lol:

If I find that type of guy though, I try my utmost to deny him of his comfort zone. I've had some brilliant tussles with guys like that and at times it has felt like we are the only two people on the map, even on a full server. 👍
 
Random Double XP ftw :D!

Although I am level 70 so it is kinda useless...
 
Agreed. I am getting very tired/angry with this game, so I spend all my time playing with friends in private lobbies, or trying to quickscope in pub matches. I'm actually not as bad as I used to be, but still not as good a I was for COD4 on my comp.
 
Random Double XP ftw :D!

Although I am level 70 so it is kinda useless...
I might jump on my Japanese account. That's the only one I haven't leveled up all the way.....
No need to feel sorry for me, I'm getting old now. It is getting harder and harder to beat the young ones to the twitch, intuition only goes so far! I'll probably still play the game in some form or another, but with GT5 just around the corner, most of my time will be spent playing that. 👍
Same here on GT5. While I am truly horrible(not average, horrible lol) at racing games, I still have a soft spot for Gran Turismo series. Used to be a huge fan. I'm also planning the move from MW2 to GT5, but with me, it's more to do with my shortcomings, like temper for example. I just find myself getting too competitive, I wish I was this enthusiastic at work. :lol:
You've proved once again how much in common our gaming styles are! I more or less play in much the same way, lures and traps play a big part in my gaming style.

There is one part of MW2 that I still love, and that is the thrill of the hunt. I don't always go for the top of the leaderboard, sometimes it is worthwhile going just for the top guy on the other team.

I enjoy learning the patterns that certain gamers use when they play on certain maps, and it can be very rewarding to de-construct their gaming style. Most guys are pretty predictable in their attack vectors, but every now and then I will come across a guy that truly understands the game.

For the record, I wouldn't say that I know the game inside out, but I am sure of my weapons and my perks. I basically like to scratch the itch. Some times it works, sometimes I get my ass chewed off! :lol:

If I find that type of guy though, I try my utmost to deny him of his comfort zone. I've had some brilliant tussles with guys like that and at times it has felt like we are the only two people on the map, even on a full server. 👍
I know exactly what you mean, and you know, I used to see a lot more of that in CoD4. I also do recall many heated battles, or just plain getting owned by some brilliant players. Maybe it's just me, but I see it less & less.
Double XP till Tuesday for some Labor weekend :D!
Yeah, three day weekend here.
 
Damn it I should hurry up and prestige. I gotta get a handful more kills with the MP5K and just over 200 with the famas.
 
Damn it I should hurry up and prestige. I gotta get a handful more kills with the MP5K and just over 200 with the famas.
Yeah, take advantage of it. Definitely!
 
Whos playing tonight? I've still got my win streak active @ only 47. I'd like to get at least 50. :)
 
I am about to go eat dinner with some friends, but I would be up for it afterwards.
 
I've got stuff to do tomorrow but I slept in super late this morning. I'll probably be on late if anyone else wants to play.
 
If I can keep myself awake, I'm gonna be on. :lol:
 
I'm gonna be on real soon, but I haven't played in 2, 3 days, so I'm gonna need a real good warm up. I'll be on in a minute.
 
Any one up on COD4 on XBL? though we should rename this to Call of Duy: Modern Warfare series
 
I just got done with MW2!

Well, Time Attack wasn't too pleased, but I sure am. :lol:

I think TA's win streak started at 46 games? I could be wrong on that.... Anyway, we picked up some help to get going and extend his streak.

Initially, we had Wiener, Time Attack, myself, and two of my friends. Vaus, who I just added couple of weeks ago. He's a good guy, good player. Another was Namikaze, a Japanese player I met on CoD4. We've played bunch of team deathmatches on CoD4 in the past, but he just got the MW2, and considering, he really held his own. He must've had some serious lag, too.

We kept winning, and I think we might've reached around 50 when we lost Weiner, but as soon as we lost him, we picked up Giancarlo, and extended the streak to 54 before we lost 7500 to 7400. :ouch:

I gotta give it to the other team though, they were pretty good. If we had one more guy, we'd have won it, no question. But with the hastily put together team, I'm really happy with the results. Time Attack.... not so much. :lol:
 
Namikaze, reminds of the GTP user. I am thinking something similar though.
 
Namikaze, reminds of the GTP user. I am thinking something similar though.
I doubt it, I've never seen him play any Gran Turismo games.

You know, I always whine about all the jackasses who plays Call of Duty online, but over time, I've hooked up with many good players, good people, too. I guess it's not always a nasty encounter.
 
I doubt it, I've never seen him play any Gran Turismo games.

You know, I always whine about all the jackasses who plays Call of Duty online, but over time, I've hooked up with many good players, good people, too. I guess it's not always a nasty encounter.

NamZycad3
 
My fourth SplitFish controller just broke. That's my last. I'm not going to get a new one. Pointless.

I bought the original one around March 2009. After 7 months, it broke. Got a replacement and it broke 2 months later. Got a second replacement and it broke 3 months later. Got a third and was told final replacement. Just broke after 7 months.

Done. Don't need to buy these things anymore. They're crap.

Anyway, I did very well despite not using the DS3 in a long while. It was tough going for the first few games, but I got use to it quickly. However, aiming with the FAL was difficult. I'm not going to do as well as I did before, but I did OK to keep going until I complete the Perk challenges.

I have One Man Army, Danger Close, Sit Rep, Lightweight and Hardline to finish up. I'm saving OMA+DC+SR for last. It's going to suck as a pathetic noob tube spammer, but I got to do it.
 
I use one of these:

logitechcontroller1.jpg


It's built like a fusion of PS3(70%) & X360(30%) controllers. I can not play CoD with the regular Dualshock3's. No way. I tried.
 
The only problem I have with them is the joysticks. I can't aim for crap with them damn things. Too much play in them.

But, like I said above, I did OK with my runner class. It has the akimbo submachine guns and akimbo G18. I did worse, though, but not as bad as I thought I would.

Since I'm done with FPS, like you, I don't need to get a new mouse controller. That means no RDR anymore. I hate using R2 to shoot. Seriously, why are game companies too stupid to use the R1 to shoot? When I shoot a real gun, I don't use my middle finger!

Morons.
 
I use R2, but with my index finger. I'm not crafty like some of you. I hold the controller normally. :lol:
 
I use R2, but with my index finger. I'm not crafty like some of you. I hold the controller normally. :lol:

I don't pull the trigger A6, They just run into my bullets.
 
I don't pull the trigger A6, They just run into my bullets.
When I'm (REALLY)upset, I start talking like that. "Look, my bullets taste so good, they want 🤬 seconds! You want claymore for desert, don't you 🤬 "

I can be so pathetic. :lol:
 
Should I prestige now or try and get another 395 kills with the vector first. I got my famas to 999 tonight which took about 270 kills so I figure I could do 395 in one good night.
 
When I'm (REALLY)upset, I start talking like that. "Look, my bullets taste so good, they want 🤬 seconds! You want claymore for desert, don't you 🤬 "

I can be so pathetic. :lol:

No wonder I don't hear you on XBL. Probably saying " NK, DON"T TAKE MY KILL!"
 
Should I prestige now or try and get another 395 kills with the vector first. I got my famas to 999 tonight which took about 270 kills so I figure I could do 395 in one good night.
For the love of god, it's the double xp! Do it!
No wonder I don't hear you on XBL. Probably saying " NK, DON"T TAKE MY KILL!"
Seriously, major reason why I don't wear a headset is due to my potty mouth. Basketball & Call of Duty brings out the worst in me. In person, I'm polite, courteous, etc. Put me on a basketball court, or in a team deathmatch, half of what I speak is the f-bomb + much worse. :lol:
 
Back