Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,418 views
I'd like to know too. Ninja wallbangs are t3h 1337ness, TA. :lol:
 
What method is goof for getting headshots? (Besides aiming for the head, you clowns.)

Everytime I play a regular match and aim for the head, I die a lot. If the connection is bad, forget it. Isn't there a game with headshots only? Is that the best method? What do you use for headshot with your assualt rifles?
 
I let the headshots come naturally, because I don't think there's any foolproof method to getting them. I prefer to ensure I get the kill instead of lining up for a headshot and missing - if I end up with a headshot anyway, all's good. If I don't get a headshot, at least I still got the kill :P I have about a 10% headshot:kill ratio with assault rifles, so the headshots start to rack up over time.
 
You have more kills than I do and I've used almost everything many times.
I just cycle between guns I'm comfortable with.

Main: ACR, SCAR, RPD, P90, M21

Secondary: SPAS, AA12, PimPin' 2000, RPG, AT-4, etc.

Some, like the M16 & TAR, I've tried, did not like them in the past. I'm just bored with the game now. Can you really get thermal scope on a Uzi?
I don't know, but I have tried it on a numerous occasions in the past, it has never worked out well for me. Hardly scientific, but I think you'd be better off using another perk(I don't care for bling), or another attachment(red dot/FMJ, silencer/grenade launcher), just my 2 cents.

Edit:

What method is goof for getting headshots? (Besides aiming for the head, you clowns.)

Everytime I play a regular match and aim for the head, I die a lot. If the connection is bad, forget it. Isn't there a game with headshots only? Is that the best method? What do you use for headshot with your assualt rifles?
I also just let it come. I'd try to aim for the upper body though, and of course, it depends on the recoil tendency of the gun you are using at the time.
 
FMJ has tracer rounds and makes extra sound when you fire. It also doesn't cause any extra damage like every air head out there thinks.
 
FMJ has tracer rounds and makes extra sound when you fire. It also doesn't cause any extra damage like every air head out there thinks.

All FMJ does is penetrate through certain wall materials. That's it. If you don't like to shoot at guys hidding behind walls or other objects, FMJ is pointless. No extra damage whatsoever. Just deep penetration for shooting at guys hidding behind objects.
 
Alright, TAR is now in my regular "cycle of trust". :p

OMG, that thing pwnz! :crazy: The best game I had with it tonight was 30-3. It just feels like a SCAR with a quicker turn & faster firerate(minus the range). I often use SCAR as my sub, but TAR is in that role now for sure. I got the hang of mid-range now, too. I fully trust it up to that distance now.

I got the silencer now for it, and it's worked great for me, with the silencer, or noob-tube.
 
I just think its a great all around weapon. I barely ever use the scar or M4 if I've got a Tar available.
 
It doesn't even need the stopping power! No-brainer, considering it has the stopping power of SCAR, but with a faster rate of fire.

This gun's making the game so much easier for me, it's not even funny. With the stopping power, or cold-blooded, I've been actually playing decent on what I usually suck at: head-to-head. I'm actually now knocking them down like bowling pins, thanks to TAR.

Another big surprise is the M16. You know how I can't sniper properly, so I use silenced SCAR, weird stuff like that. I don't know if it's a fluke or what, but I've been having success with the M16 ACOG, too. It's sure nice to have the magnification, so I'm not shooting at a dot. :lol:

Anyway, props to you guys, TAR has definitely elevated my game. 👍
 
ive only prestiged once in this game and im already tired of it! but maybe its because i have all 69 stars!!
 
Direct quote from Phil (Drag) on msn, I lol'd hard.

it did last time I played to, about 10 games in a row with the GTP party and they were crammed with marawandos
aka marathon lightweight commando
 
I haven't gotten a nuke in ages, so i decided, lemme get that intervention, harrier, ac 130 and nuke. 5 matches, 3 times i had 24 kills and got killed right befor the nuke... great...

Chris 👍
 
lol i dont think you have to be really good in this game to prestige, you just need a lot of free time!

I don't he was claiming it takes skill to prestige as it of course doesn't. I don't go for prestige either though whilst we're on the subject as I like the freedom to play around with any weapon or perk I like whenever I want. I honestly don't think it's any harder being a low level player as you get some of the best weapons very early on and the key perks with only really Cold Blooded and Ninja missing.
 
lol i dont think you have to be really good in this game to prestige, you just need a lot of free time!
You do have to have alot of free time but it was my nephew's doing and myself. He wanted the banners and pictures...I would of dropped MW2 because I would play by myself.
I don't he was claiming it takes skill to prestige as it of course doesn't. I don't go for prestige either though whilst we're on the subject as I like the freedom to play around with any weapon or perk I like whenever I want. I honestly don't think it's any harder being a low level player as you get some of the best weapons very early on and the key perks with only really Cold Blooded and Ninja missing.

IF it were my choice in MW, I won't prestige because its really time consuming to get everything back. I am with Dragonistic. Prestige sucks, it even sucked in MW. ( I have to get my R700 back because my nephew prestige again...)
 
Last edited:
You do have to have alot of free time but it was my nephew's doing and myself. He wanted the banners and pictures...I would of dropped MW2 because I would play by myself.


IF it were my choice in MW, I won't prestige because its really time consuming to get everything back. I am with Dragonistic. Prestige sucks, it even sucked in MW. ( I have to get my R700 back because my nephew prestige again...)

yeah i prestiged once and i dont think ill be doing it again coz now i have to get all my weapons back! lol
 
The extra class slots are worth it. At first I wasn't sure what I'd need another one for but I've got 7 now and I'm sure I could find use for an 8th.
 
The extra class slots are worth it. At first I wasn't sure what I'd need another one for but I've got 7 now and I'm sure I could find use for an 8th.

I have seven slots also and definitely feel I could use more and with Level 70 Prestige 3 coming up soon for me, I may have to Prestige for a Fourth and Fifth time.
 
Doesn't MW2 get extra classes after every other prestige?
 
1-3-5-7-9.

I wont be going past this one because of black ops coming out. I'm not sure I'll even be level 70 again by the time black ops is here. I doubt I'll be coming back to this game either after that.
 
Well...
Tonight ther was some severe "pwnage".
I went something like 35-7 on Highrise GW.
None of the opponents got a positive K/D.
On some other map we managed to break the game with so much air support...
I'm sure drag will fill you in on the rest :D
 
Ahh yes, breaking the game with my 2 emergency airdrops worth of support (2 Precision Strikes, Harrier, 2 Sentries, Ammo (lol) and a Stealth Bomber), plus your Pavelow, plus an extra harrier of mine and the game broke down with some ran out of animation message?

Also, the scores from that highrise game were as follows (the missing one might be you Aldo):
47-16
43-2 (me with a 40 streak to boot)
34-9
26-9
24-7
30-7
15-15 (26 assists riot shield)
16-9

Then what do I do next game, drop a nuke on the new team after the last one understandably backed out. Incredible scenes all round.
 
That 34-9 could be me of course unlesss you are sure we had 9 people ;)
 
I'm pretty sure there was 9 on the team, perhaps not in the party, regardless it was complete destruction. There wasn't actually THAT much air support either which was the shocking thing, there was just a hail of bullets towards the enemies spawn never letting up.
 
Yeah, I was sitting in their spawn at one point with Theewar with them coming through the door and I just sprayed with my RPD :D
I must have had about 5 care packages as well :lol:
 
When you are against inferior competition(inferior to you, not necessarily the guy's you played against), RPD just reels it in. It is crazy accurate, million shots before even reloading. Sounds like you guys had some night. 👍

On prestiging, extra slot(s) definitely merits it for many players, myself included. It does take forever to rank up the last 10~20 levels or so, which does suck. :crazy:
 
I'm just curious if anyone is a hardcore fiend on PSN? I play normal modes occasionally with my friends but I don't enjoy them as much as hardcore.

Looking for some people to play with. I'm usually on hardcore TDM but I'm down for any hardcore mode :dunce:
 
Back