Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,453 views
Compared to Modern Warfare 2! As an example, the M95 does 100-55 damage with a 2.3 headshot multiplier, meaning a headshot will kill at any range; it will 1HK to anywhere on the body at close range and 2HK anywhere at any other range.

In MW2 you can get a hitmarker at point-blank range with *any* sniper... the .50 cal in MW2 does 70 base damage in MP meaning it's not a guaranteed 1HK even at point-blank ranges, because the limb multiplier is only 1.1. M21 is 70 with only one 1.5 multi (the head),, meaning it takes two shots at a minimum to kill anywhere that isn't the head at any range. Doesn't seem as realistic as BC2 to me. :p
Only claim I'm making is that they are both completely unrealistic.
 
Let's go break something instead! Bring the harrier with ya!

I made it to level 35 last night and haven't had a harrier since before I prestiged. I'm taking a break.
 
Only claim I'm making is that they are both completely unrealistic.
I agree with you, however BC2 is imo more realistic than MW2 - but I'm not saying that BC2 is realistic.
 
Yup sometimes all I can do is break out a Danger Close class or Marathon, Lightweight with Akimbo Rangers cuz conventional guns just don't work. Fire half a mag into someone and kill cam shows me not even getting off one shot. Fire two shots close range with a M1014 and still get dropped by a single Spas shot, of course kill cam shows me not firing at all. This afternoon was sweet though, actually had a three bar connection. I was killing people with 4 shots with the Tar-21. Considering how I'm almost always showing a two bar, yellow connection in every game and have to spam shots to get kills it was quite epic to say the least.

Kdr is up to 0.92 now but I'm more into unlocking titles and emblems than in studying kdr. 👍
That is frustrating. Yeah, when the gun's working, guns way better than any launchers. Blowing stuff up is fun, but my k/d suffers compared to conventional guns.
I agree with you, however BC2 is imo more realistic than MW2 - but I'm not saying that BC2 is realistic.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, that's all I was saying. :D
I made it to level 35 last night and haven't had a harrier since before I prestiged. I'm taking a break.
I can not believe how slowly it's been ranking up, even with the double xp. Now that thing's over, I'm snail pacing to my RPG at Level 65!
 
Yeah it is frustrating but I'm pretty used to it now. Living in Barbados and gaming on Wi-Fi means latency will always be an issue.
 
Sorry for the misunderstanding, that's all I was saying. :D
Ah, that's good :p I hope I wasn't coming across too brutal... :lol:
 
I need to make space on my friends list & start playing with a couple of you guys. :sly:
 
What's wrong with that? Destruction 2.0 is a perfectly acceptable way to destroy the M-Com.
The M-Com stations, that won't blow up until you hit it with a Tank cannon, C4, RPG's etc a number of times, will be destroyed from the building it's in collapsing.

Sharky
.They're 1HKs to the head. The M95 is the Barrett from MW2, and that's only a consistent 1HK to the head in COD as well...
I know the only definate guarantee of a 1HK is a headshot with sniper rifles, but in BC2 it's the only way to get a 1HK. Doesn't seem so real to me

Sharky.
Why would they not explode? If a vehicle didn't explode from losing all its health, what would be the point of vehicle health in the first place?
Don't you think it would be more realistic if the vehicles, rather than exploding from too much damage, killing you, simply stop working completely? Cause I find it very dumb that a Jetski, or ATV explodes from damage caused by hitting too many rocks, etc. Only time vehicles should explode is from an explosive blowing it up. Only thing I'd expect to explode from crashing too much is the helicopter.


Sharky.
Also, 12G slugs are affected by BC2's gravity system. The only projectiles that aren't are tracers.

Still doesn't change the fact that they turn into sniper rifles with 12G.
 
I love storming rooms with my AA-12, groups don't know what hit them with my Multi-Kills. Shall get extended mags tomorrow night then it will dominate close quarters maps.
 
The M-Com stations, that won't blow up until you hit it with a Tank cannon, C4, RPG's etc a number of times, will be destroyed from the building it's in collapsing.
What's wrong with that? It prevents someone camping in a tank and unloading the main gun at the M-Com until it's destroyed.

I know the only definate guarantee of a 1HK is a headshot with sniper rifles, but in BC2 it's the only way to get a 1HK. Doesn't seem so real to me
If I shot you once in the leg or arm, should that kill you? Only a headshot, neck shot or a direct shot to the heart should ever be a 1HK if you're after realism. A bullet to the spleen won't instantly kill you...

Don't you think it would be more realistic if the vehicles, rather than exploding from too much damage, killing you, simply stop working completely? Cause I find it very dumb that a Jetski, or ATV explodes from damage caused by hitting too many rocks, etc. Only time vehicles should explode is from an explosive blowing it up. Only thing I'd expect to explode from crashing too much is the helicopter.
Vehicles explode when too damaged in every other game out there (for good reason), why should it be any different in BC2?

Still doesn't change the fact that they turn into sniper rifles with 12G.
So were the akimbo 1887s.

Do you even know what a slug is? It's basically a massive bullet. They're used to give performance similar to a rifle, and a saboted slug is accurate to around 300 metres in real life.

On top of that, you can't aim down sights with any of the shotguns, you need a headshot to kill in one slug at long range, they have a lot of recoil and most have a very low rate of fire due to being pump-action.

All the slugs need is bullet drop. Then they're no longer "overpowered".
 
Dang, it's pretty brutal tonight. Ugly games, too, even the one's we won. :crazy: Most games, I struggled to reach k/d of two. One (somewhat)solid game, I went 16-1, it was good enough for MVP. Very sad. One game, I think I managed 9-6? I got my butt kicked so hard, I look at the final stats, their best player went 11 & 23. :banghead:
 
So there some times i like to play some MW2 with my cousin and i mostly play Demolition. The thing that boggles me seems that a lot of players go for the kills and never take the flags, thus not giving them a lot of points :dunce:
 
COD players are obsessed with kills and kill/death ratio. If you play the objective your KDR will (usually) suffer and you won't get as many kills as if you ignored the objective and treated Demo/Sabo/Dom/CTF like a TDM. Sabotage is notorious for this - if you get the bomb planted and blow up the objective in the first minute, everyone will be lucky to have 3 kills, so people simply don't plant the bomb and end up with what is effectively a 20-minute TDM. I even heard some people on my team saying "don't plant the bomb" during a game of Sabotage once... :irked:

I personally am unable to not play the objective - even if I try not to cap flags and plant bombs, I find myself doing it anyway. :lol: If nobody's trying to cap crucial flags in Dom or plant/defuse the bombs in Demolition, I will take it upon myself to do the job. It usually ends up with a noobtube in the face 75% of the time, but at least I'm playing the objective and that's what matters.
 
COD players are obsessed with kills and kill/death ratio. If you play the objective your KDR will (usually) suffer and you won't get as many kills as if you ignored the objective and treated Demo/Sabo/Dom/CTF like a TDM. Sabotage is notorious for this - if you get the bomb planted and blow up the objective in the first minute, everyone will be lucky to have 3 kills, so people simply don't plant the bomb and end up with what is effectively a 20-minute TDM. I even heard some people on my team saying "don't plant the bomb" during a game of Sabotage once... :irked:

I personally am unable to not play the objective - even if I try not to cap flags and plant bombs, I find myself doing it anyway. :lol: If nobody's trying to cap crucial flags in Dom or plant/defuse the bombs in Demolition, I will take it upon myself to do the job. It usually ends up with a noobtube in the face 75% of the time, but at least I'm playing the objective and that's what matters.

Thats how u should play then. Im not the best MW2 player so i dont give a rats arse about K/D ratio. I just do objective even though i get the same threatment as you Sharky lol
 
I think that if there was no way to visually keep track of it, people would play more like a team. IMO it's the stats menu that allows people to see and share their stats that makes them k/d crazed.
 
To me it seems kinda pointless to keep track of stats in this game since when I think about it my kdr would be higher if it wasn't for lag deaths, my win ratio would be higher if it wasn't for stupid matchmaking that puts me in a match that's about to end with me on the losing team and my overall rank would be higher if it wasn't for boosters. Best to just enjoy the game and not get too hung up over stats.
 
To me it seems kinda pointless to keep track of stats in this game since when I think about it my kdr would be higher if it wasn't for lag deaths, my win ratio would be higher if it wasn't for stupid matchmaking that puts me in a match that's about to end with me on the losing team and my overall rank would be higher if it wasn't for boosters. Best to just enjoy the game and not get too hung up over stats.

And my W/L is bad because I play a lot with friends, but not necessarily right off the bat. I might be playing when one comes online, so I quit to go join them in a party.
 
How's GTP NA been doing lately? I thought about playing some the other day, but didn't.
 
How's GTP NA been doing lately? I thought about playing some the other day, but didn't.

I played a bit with A6 and Rabia a few days ago and it was going very well for about a handful of matches before both of them logged off.
 
GTP NA is doing good. I logged in a couple of nights ago like Brett said but I kind of rage quit. I was tired as hell and wasn't doing good at all.
 
[YOUTUBEHD]Ai4j4V-5i4I[/YOUTUBEHD]
 
I have to say I've got my troll face on when I'm using the AA-12 with extended Mags. Haters gonna Hate.
 
Dang, it's pretty brutal tonight. Ugly games, too, even the one's we won. :crazy: Most games, I struggled to reach k/d of two. One (somewhat)solid game, I went 16-1, it was good enough for MVP. Very sad. One game, I think I managed 9-6? I got my butt kicked so hard, I look at the final stats, their best player went 11 & 23. :banghead:
I joined you for a bit last night. I sucked. Badly. In one game I struggled to go 2-12.
 
How's GTP NA been doing lately? I thought about playing some the other day, but didn't.
You son of a wonderful woman. :lol:
Only A6 is ever online.
Last few days, I haven't seen many people playing.
I think that if there was no way to visually keep track of it, people would play more like a team. IMO it's the stats menu that allows people to see and share their stats that makes them k/d crazed.
This is the truth, right here. It would be so cool & uncool, all at the same time, if we couldn't see our k/d ratio. :lol:
I played a bit with A6 and Rabia a few days ago and it was going very well for about a handful of matches before both of them logged off.
I think that was the game, it became one of those empty clip into a guy, then he turns around to shoot you dead-kind of game. I'm certain I left crying my eyes out.

[YOUTUBEHD]Ai4j4V-5i4I[/YOUTUBEHD]
"Damn it backwards guy, hurry up!" :lol:👍
I joined you for a bit last night. I sucked. Badly. In one game I struggled to go 2-12.
I did see you, I knew you were from gtplanet, but couldn't remember which member(I will forget again by next week).

I'm sure I didn't go 2-12, but probably wasn't that much better. Maybe around even. :crazy:
 
You son of a wonderful woman. :lol:

I have forsaken MW2 for the enjoyment that is...Kingdom Hearts 2! :lol: I never got around to it, and with Birth by Sleep getting lots of press recently I decided to borrow it from a friend. I'm hoping they get around to making KH3 soon. The whole Disney theme may seem childish, but they're darn fun games. I promise I'll join you for some games sometime.
 
Twice in one game I nailed this one guy with my noob tube. Only he never died. First time I hit him right below his ass. Explodes all around him, doesn't die. The second time I hit him, he was in a second level window shooting at one of my team members. Launch a noob tube right in the window, blowing up all around him. Still alive and shooting.

Several times, about four, I hit this one guy with my noob tube, only the damn grenade doesn't go off (I didn't hit him directly, just real close that the 'nade whould have went off). I was far enough away for it to go off, so I have no why idea why it didn't. Twice, he jumped in the air and the greanade just riccochets (sp?) past him. Glitch? Cheat?

Question: What the most powerful, yet very accurate, full automatic machine pistol or submachine gun? I think it's the G18.

2: And what the hell happened to the MP5K? That thing can't kill anymore! It used to be so more powerful than it currently is!
 
I have forsaken MW2 for the enjoyment that is...Kingdom Hearts 2! :lol: I never got around to it, and with Birth by Sleep getting lots of press recently I decided to borrow it from a friend. I'm hoping they get around to making KH3 soon. The whole Disney theme may seem childish, but they're darn fun games. I promise I'll join you for some games sometime.
Fair enough. :lol:
Twice in one game I nailed this one guy with my noob tube. Only he never died. First time I hit him right below his ass. Explodes all around him, doesn't die. The second time I hit him, he was in a second level window shooting at one of my team members. Launch a noob tube right in the window, blowing up all around him. Still alive and shooting.

Several times, about four, I hit this one guy with my noob tube, only the damn grenade doesn't go off (I didn't hit him directly, just real close that the 'nade whould have went off). I was far enough away for it to go off, so I have no why idea why it didn't. Twice, he jumped in the air and the greanade just riccochets (sp?) past him. Glitch? Cheat?

Question: What the most powerful, yet very accurate, full automatic machine pistol or submachine gun? I think it's the G18.

2: And what the hell happened to the MP5K? That thing can't kill anymore! It used to be so more powerful than it currently is!
I've been having similar experience on noob-tubes. In some cases, with Danger Closer, I damn near hit the guy directly, it goes off, I get that hit marker thing. But I know it's not some sort of update, because on more than two occasions, the guy hit me back with a noob tube of his own, and I drop. So I don't know what to tell you, but I've been frustrated by same problem some nights.

On "your" gun not working for you anymore, I've had that thing going on since the Call of Duty 4. It is weird, and I can never figure it out. Does my playing style change, way I aim, fire, track, is it the internet connection? I just don't know.

All I can tell you is what I do: Switch to whatever gun that works that week. In CoD4, I used to cycle M4, AK47, M16, AK74u, MP5 and P90. For while M4 stops working, go to AK47, that stops working. In MW2, even my trusty ACR has been in my dog house more than once. I just move back to SCAR when that happens, maybe RPD.
 
Here's how you fix your gun problems: use a FAL with a silencer. Done.
 
Back