Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,361 views
I'm just curious if anyone is a hardcore fiend on PSN? I play normal modes occasionally with my friends but I don't enjoy them as much as hardcore.

Looking for some people to play with. I'm usually on hardcore TDM but I'm down for any hardcore mode :dunce:

I normally play anything regular, but this one friend of mine.. she bug me if I pick anything other than hardcore search. So if you want to go for it, maybe you could help me adjust.
 
I believe I just had one of my best Team Deathmatch games at 43-1.

Drag-like weapon, Drag-like numbers. :D I'm still using my M16 with ACOG, the setup really does work like a sniper for dummies(I got no skill to snipe). :p That gun, combined with a three-to-four bar connection(yes, it was fluctuating big time) sucks for everybody else on the other team. Their high-man I think was 12-23. And when I wasn't ACOG'ing, my AA12 dropped anybody who came close.

The funniest(and somewhat disappointing) highlight of the match was my kill streak. Mine was only 30, so I went into barracks expecting the "new high", only to find it still at 30. Shucks. :ouch:
 
Could'a had a nuke.
Yeah, but I'm not gonna sacrifice countless good games for 1 nuke. It's too hard to put up numbers in regular TDM's. I really should go into Dominations(literally took 5 seconds to remember the name of this game mode :p ) to get a nuke before this game becomes obsolete in a couple of months.
 
I want to play more objective games but I can't without a party. None of you guys seem to like anything but TDM either. HQ is good for putting up big scores but playing that with randoms is hopeless.
 
I want to play more objective games but I can't without a party. None of you guys seem to like anything but TDM either. HQ is good for putting up big scores but playing that with randoms is hopeless.
I haven't played HQ in a long time. I hate it. :p

Yeah, generally, CoD players prefer TDMs. I have liked S&D, or Sabotage in map pack-forced mosh-pit though. I was total noob at it, but I did enjoy escorting the bomb, etc. There are way more intensity than (normal)TDMs for sure.
 
I haven't played HQ in a long time. I hate it. :p

Yeah, generally, CoD players prefer TDMs. I have liked S&D, or Sabotage in map pack-forced mosh-pit though. I was total noob at it, but I did enjoy escorting the bomb, etc. There are way more intensity than (normal)TDMs for sure.

I always play S&D, Sabotage, Demolition, and 3rd person. I hate TDM.
 
I don't like S&D at all. Maybe with a full party it would be better. The only times I've ever played it is when I've been forced to by the map pack play lists. Demolition is ok. I used to play sabotage all the time on W@W but I don't like it as much in MW2. TDM is probably my favorite just because its simple. I wish the games were longer though.
 
Ahh yes, breaking the game with my 2 emergency airdrops worth of support (2 Precision Strikes, Harrier, 2 Sentries, Ammo (lol) and a Stealth Bomber), plus your Pavelow, plus an extra harrier of mine and the game broke down with some ran out of animation message?

Also, the scores from that highrise game were as follows (the missing one might be you Aldo):
47-16
43-2 (me with a 40 streak to boot)
34-9
26-9
24-7
30-7
15-15 (26 assists riot shield)
16-9

Then what do I do next game, drop a nuke on the new team after the last one understandably backed out. Incredible scenes all round.

That was one hell of a night,my win streak went to 26 :) just like my assists with the shield :drool:
 
Language warning:


The best 3 are hilarious.
 
Just played my best session on MW2 Ever.

My best match If I remember was 51-2
I called in 9 Chopper Gunners and 4 AC 130's tonight, along with 2 EMP's.
Pure pwnage.
I love OMA + RPD w/ Grip.
 
Last edited:
I'm just curious if anyone is a hardcore fiend on PSN? I play normal modes occasionally with my friends but I don't enjoy them as much as hardcore.

Looking for some people to play with. I'm usually on hardcore TDM but I'm down for any hardcore mode :dunce:

I would play some Hardcore Team Deathmatch with you. A few months ago, I played nothing but Hardcore TDM for a week and a half. At the time, I was frustrated by constantly getting paired with absolutely terrible randoms in Core TDM and just getting steamrolled because of it. I figured a change of game mode might be fun. So I chose Hardcore TDM and I enjoyed it quite a bit, mostly because the games tend to be slower paced and teams generally play more tactically.

I normally play anything regular, but this one friend of mine.. she bug me if I pick anything other than hardcore search. So if you want to go for it, maybe you could help me adjust.

It does take some adjusting to play Hardcore. Quite a few weapons become much more usable in Hardcore.

I believe I just had one of my best Team Deathmatch games at 43-1.

Drag-like weapon, Drag-like numbers. :D I'm still using my M16 with ACOG, the setup really does work like a sniper for dummies(I got no skill to snipe). :p That gun, combined with a three-to-four bar connection(yes, it was fluctuating big time) sucks for everybody else on the other team. Their high-man I think was 12-23. And when I wasn't ACOG'ing, my AA12 dropped anybody who came close.

Nice! 👍 Lately, I have been playing around with an ACOG on either the ACR or M4A1, primarily the ACR. The two games I played a few days ago with the M4A1 and ACOG though, I managed to get a Chopper Gunner in both. The first game, I was the high score in. The second game, I came into the game after it had started, but managed to turn my team around with getting a Chopper Gunner near the end of the game.

I have also switched the AA-12 back into my classes as my shotgun of choice. The AA-12 is just devastating in a group of enemies, so long as I manage to not expend a magazine too quickly.

I want to play more objective games but I can't without a party. None of you guys seem to like anything but TDM either. HQ is good for putting up big scores but playing that with randoms is hopeless.

I enjoy Domination, but it is terrible to play with randoms. My limited time playing Search and Destroy has been fun also.

That was one hell of a night,my win streak went to 26 :) just like my assists with the shield :drool:

I bet you annoyed a lot of people with that Riot Shield.
 
I had a nice little run of games last night: 21-5, 20-0, something low like 8-6, 20-1, a horrible game at 18-9, and another in the 20s and under 6. Then it started getting late and what was a nice 50ms group that I was absolutely dominating turned into a god knows what where I was getting throttled. Had a match winning kill with my M9 from a decent distance as a guy came around a corner as I was running that way, and stole another guy's match winner because he was trying to look around a door opening and shoot so I just chucked Semtex out the door.
 
I had a nice little run of games last night: 21-5, 20-0, something low like 8-6, 20-1, a horrible game at 18-9, and another in the 20s and under 6. Then it started getting late and what was a nice 50ms group that I was absolutely dominating turned into a god knows what where I was getting throttled. Had a match winning kill with my M9 from a decent distance as a guy came around a corner as I was running that way, and stole another guy's match winner because he was trying to look around a door opening and shoot so I just chucked Semtex out the door.

One of those deaths in the 21-5 game was by me. :D I joined you in that game, but got on the other team. If I had not logged off after that game, then I would have stuck around and played more than one game.
 
That sucks. :lol:

I swear when Rabia joins a game on the other side, he spends half the game looking for me. Heck, even when we are on the same team, he knifes me every time he sees me. Many times when we begin a TDM on the same side, I start the match going "I know you are there, GTFO here! :mad:" as he keeps knifing me. :lol:
Nice! 👍 Lately, I have been playing around with an ACOG on either the ACR or M4A1, primarily the ACR. The two games I played a few days ago with the M4A1 and ACOG though, I managed to get a Chopper Gunner in both. The first game, I was the high score in. The second game, I came into the game after it had started, but managed to turn my team around with getting a Chopper Gunner near the end of the game.
Thanks! 👍 Sounds like you are kicking butt with the M4. ACR with ACOG sounds mighty interesting to me though. I think I'm gonna have to try that one out. With the ACR being one of my favorite rifles in the game, I owe it to it. :p
 
One of those deaths in the 21-5 game was by me. :D I joined you in that game, but got on the other team. If I had not logged off after that game, then I would have stuck around and played more than one game.

HAHA I saw you in the game and then you left right after. I forget how many more I played right after that as I was killing time until my dinner cooked. The worst part was my team were SOOOOO bad. 21-5 is pointless when you get smoked. I can't remember how many games it was today where I was on a team of complete noobs, like .25 KDR levels of horrible. I was frustrated after a while so I sent messages to a few people telling them to sell MW2 since they sucked so bad. It didn't even matter how many times I left to find a new game, I was always on the team of green or silver icons, and most of the people of a prestige level were garbage as well.
 
Thanks! 👍 Sounds like you are kicking butt with the M4. ACR with ACOG sounds mighty interesting to me though. I think I'm gonna have to try that one out. With the ACR being one of my favorite rifles in the game, I owe it to it. :p

I have done fairly well with the ACR equipped with an ACOG also, just not quite as well as the M4A1. Outside of those two rifles though, the M21 is the only other weapon I have found to work well with the ACOG.

HAHA I saw you in the game and then you left right after. I forget how many more I played right after that as I was killing time until my dinner cooked. The worst part was my team were SOOOOO bad. 21-5 is pointless when you get smoked. I can't remember how many games it was today where I was on a team of complete noobs, like .25 KDR levels of horrible. I was frustrated after a while so I sent messages to a few people telling them to sell MW2 since they sucked so bad. It didn't even matter how many times I left to find a new game, I was always on the team of green or silver icons, and most of the people of a prestige level were garbage as well.

That one game I was in, I noticed that your team was absolutely terrible. Even with your 21-5, you had no chance of winning the game, as the rest of your team had at best a 0.50 K/D. I do not remember what I logged off to watch on TV, but I logged off to watch something. Otherwise, I would have stuck around and played some games with you.
 
I have done fairly well with the ACR equipped with an ACOG also, just not quite as well as the M4A1. Outside of those two rifles though, the M21 is the only other weapon I have found to work well with the ACOG.
You should try the M16. I did the ACR-ACOG tonight, got thermal scope for it. I switched back to M16-ACOG though, because with the M16, with good connection, it's one burst/one kill. Even tonight, with just semi-decent connection, it just took couple bursts to get a kill.

When I got the 43-1 with it, it was on Crash. After the ACR, I go back to M16 for the last game, and sure enough, Crash. :D It was 21-1 this time, but "1" came from a stupid mistake when I fired my AA12 too high, on a move, on a panic. :lol:

Edit: I sold my Xbox 360 today. Coworker who bought it also wanted to buy my MW2 along with it(excellent taste!). Also sold GTA4, World at War for it. Again, bunch of thanks to empty, nk4e & breakpoint. You guys were blast to play with. I'd love to play with you guys again in the future. You can delete my GE0RGETAKEI profile off the friends list for now. ;)
 
Do you have GTA4 for the PS3? We should play sometime.
 
You should try the M16. I did the ACR-ACOG tonight, got thermal scope for it. I switched back to M16-ACOG though, because with the M16, with good connection, it's one burst/one kill. Even tonight, with just semi-decent connection, it just took couple bursts to get a kill.

I have tried the M16A4 with the ACOG in the past and it just did not feel right to me compared to the M16A4 equipped with the Red Dot Sight or Holographic Sight. It also does not help that I prefer the FAMAS to the M16A4, as the extended distance of maximum damage seems to make a large difference for my gameplay.

When I got the 43-1 with it, it was on Crash. After the ACR, I go back to M16 for the last game, and sure enough, Crash. :D It was 21-1 this time, but "1" came from a stupid mistake when I fired my AA12 too high, on a move, on a panic. :lol:

The AA-12 is not a weapon to panic with, as ammunition is drained much too quickly.

Edit: I sold my Xbox 360 today. Coworker who bought it also wanted to buy my MW2 along with it(excellent taste!). Also sold GTA4, World at War for it. Again, bunch of thanks to empty, nk4e & breakpoint. You guys were blast to play with. I'd love to play with you guys again in the future. You can delete my GE0RGETAKEI profile off the friends list for now. ;)

Good decision and welcome to solo PS3 ownership! 👍 :lol:
 
Do you have GTA4 for the PS3? We should play sometime.
I got great deal on the collector's edition. Forty-some dollars for it, while the same Target sold the standard edition for $60. :odd: It felt promising, but I got bored after less than hour into it. I love the safety deposit box it came with though. It keeps my plastic utensils safe from my thieving coworkers. :p
I have tried the M16A4 with the ACOG in the past and it just did not feel right to me compared to the M16A4 equipped with the Red Dot Sight or Holographic Sight. It also does not help that I prefer the FAMAS to the M16A4, as the extended distance of maximum damage seems to make a large difference for my gameplay.
How about FAMAS with ACOG? I might give that a shot, actually.
The AA-12 is not a weapon to panic with, as ammunition is drained much too quickly.
No worries, he shot me down before I ran out of ammo. :ouch:
Good decision and welcome to solo PS3 ownership! 👍 :lol:
XD
 
What came with the collectors edition? I got mine when it first came out.
 
Edit: I sold my Xbox 360 today. Coworker who bought it also wanted to buy my MW2 along with it(excellent taste!). Also sold GTA4, World at War for it. Again, bunch of thanks to empty, nk4e & breakpoint. You guys were blast to play with. I'd love to play with you guys again in the future. You can delete my GE0RGETAKEI profile off the friends list for now. ;)

I may just leave it on there but its always fun in those games. If I can hope on a PS3 any time soon. I will let you guys know.
 
What came with the collectors edition? I got mine when it first came out.

Safety deposit box, Rockstar keychain, book, CD, duffel bag.
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=200338

Complete 180 of lame World at War Collector's. Imitation miniature canteen, high rank weapons that you can't equip in custom class, really lame gold, yellowish name in the multi-player lobby, and they all come in a really lame tin case. Still better than the "Game of the Year" edition CoD4 that came with..... "Game of the Year" name. Nothing else. 👎
Edit:
I may just leave it on there but its always fun in those games. If I can hope on a PS3 any time soon. I will let you guys know.
If you don't mind that, definitely, keep me on board. I might come back on XBL in the future, I haven't ruled that out. :)
 
Hmm. You should fire it up sometime. I play it with another buddy of mine and from time to time we like to play demo derby.
 
Hmm. You should fire it up sometime. I play it with another buddy of mine and from time to time we like to play demo derby.
I don't have it. I meant that I got it for the X360, I never even touched that one. I'm not really a video game guy, believe it or not. I bought PS3 only for Blu-ray & GT5(ya, I hear it's really going to happen!), but then I got hooked on CoD4, then MW2. :lol: GTA series does interest me little bit, so I might check out the next one. ;)
 
I don't even watch movies on mine. Blu-ray? might as well be red white and green. lol.

GTA4 was pretty good. Its gotta be cheap by now you should pick it up again.
 
If I can hope on a PS3 any time soon. I will let you guys know.

Sweet. Be great to play with ya, dude. I remember I was bummed when I found out you were a 360 kind'a guy.
 
I don't even watch movies on mine. Blu-ray? might as well be red white and green. lol.

GTA4 was pretty good. Its gotta be cheap by now you should pick it up again.
I'd be more likely to pick up Black Ops than GTA4. :lol: I'll be on MW2 until beginning of November, then you know what! ;)
 
Black ops? sounds good. I'll have to juggle my time between that and fallout new vegas. Can't wait for those two. Good thing there isn't anything else coming out to get in the way.
 
Back