Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
I do fine with speakers :lol: seriously though those Astros are mighty expensive, I'd only pay that kind of money if I was trying to go pro.
 
There's 3 reasons really why I bought them

5.1 surround sound headphones do make an AMAZING difference - you'll have to experience it first hand to know what I mean. You can hear things twice as far away and pick up sounds in games that my 5.1 surround system could never do.

The MixAmp that comes with it can be used with any ordinary headphones - the AMP "simulates" 5.1 surround and can turn the headphones into the Astro's sound quality as well. It sounds pretty much as good as the X41 Turtle Beaches I tried (which is TRUE 7.1).

Lastly, due to where I live, I can't turn up my sound very loud at night, so I'd rather spend £200 on a decent headset than a £200 surround sound system everyone can hear. But end up with better quality gaming sound in the process.

Expensive but worth it in my opinion. They just lack a bit of bass for movies and music.
 
My apologizes Crazed. I don't think our problem was on your end. Shortly after you left the second time my PS3 signed me out, and I wasn't able to access any internet functions on my computer. Obviously now it's working, but sorry for the trouble.
 
My apologizes Crazed. I don't think our problem was on your end. Shortly after you left the second time my PS3 signed me out, and I wasn't able to access any internet functions on my computer. Obviously now it's working, but sorry for the trouble.
NP I got booted off PSN also.

Just FYI, I always turn my mic volume off because I'm too lazy to always mute everyone. So when I join your party I can't hear what you're saying until we get in-game since I increase it once we get into a game.
 
NP I got booted off PSN also.

Just FYI, I always turn my mic volume off because I'm too lazy to always mute everyone. So when I join your party I can't hear what you're saying until we get in-game since I increase it once we get into a game.

Ah, thanks for the heads up.
 
G.T
I ordered one of these just for COD (and other FPSs that may need it!):

http://www.astrogaming.co.uk/products.asp?id=2771
I don't know how much it is in the U.S. "$", but are they actually that much better than the comparable models that sells for probably close to half the money?

Good headsets/headphones are worth big money, if the quality match it. I've owned a 5.1 set from SONY in the past. It might've been their first set. While the sound quality wasn't great, 5.1 effect was very cool.
 
I don't know how much it is in the U.S. "$", but are they actually that much better than the comparable models that sells for probably close to half the money?

Good headsets/headphones are worth big money, if the quality match it. I've owned a 5.1 set from SONY in the past. It might've been their first set. While the sound quality wasn't great, 5.1 effect was very cool.

Never again will I spend more than $30 on wired headphones. The cord always gets messed up and I end up with mono sound no matter how careful I am.

Maybe you have better luck than I do. I've been looking for a good bluetooth stereo headset for a while now but they all have major flaws :(
 
There are similar products that rival the Astro for about £40-£50 less, but the X41 was wireless and interfered with my network, so it cracked all the time, and the Tritton Pros were good, but weren't as comfortable or as good looking as the Astro.

The sound quality is ONLY good for gaming though - everything else you can get better sound quality for half the price (unfortunetely).

It's a lot to pay extra for the Astro but I'd rather have maximum comfort and good reliability and customer service than most things. And that Mix Amp. :drool:

Still think I'm crazy? Haha. :p
 
I have been playing around with the FAL for the past two days and have found the weapon to be quite good. Two shot kills are awesome and the occasional one shot kill to the head in close quarters is also nice; though the headshots have been fewer since switching from the iron sights to the Red Dot Sight and now the Holographic Sight.

I have also been using the M21 with the ACOG attached and have had some nice success. I had tried this combination before, but had forgotten how nicely it works.

Notice a pattern here with the semi automatic battle rifles? :dopey:
 
I'd really like the M21 with ACOG if the stupid game wouldn't stop holding my breath after the first shot. Stupid. IRL, I can hold my breath longer than just one shot.

Haven't played in a long while. Busy with the new TV series and played some Mafia II demo. I had no idea why my sons played it so much. Now I know, horny buggers.
 
I'd really like the M21 with ACOG if the stupid game wouldn't stop holding my breath after the first shot. Stupid. IRL, I can hold my breath longer than just one shot.

Huh? ACOG's don't steady like a normal scope or thermal. You can't hold your breath with an ACOG.
 
I need to put my tryhard pants back on because I have been sucking at this game for a long time now. I made it to level 40 again earlier before calling it a night.
 
Never again will I spend more than $30 on wired headphones. The cord always gets messed up and I end up with mono sound no matter how careful I am.(
I used to have that problem, but when I was a kid! I am more careful now, I think they also make them better now. I haven't experienced those cord problems since early-90's. :dopey:
I need to put my tryhard pants back on because I have been sucking at this game for a long time now. I made it to level 40 again earlier before calling it a night.
I've been doing OK, but I have to stop playing before going to bed. I find myself going "huh?" during matches alot.

Strike last night was a classic. I really wanted to get back at those guys, but like I told you, with my wonderful DSL, it went from me dropping two of them within a second to my bullets disappear to thin air, guy dropping me with one bullet. Yeah, great. 👍
 
That game on strike was pretty bad. I'd get hits on this sniper with my P90 but he'd simply pop in and out of cover with his shotgun and take me out.
 
That game on strike was pretty bad. I'd get hits on this sniper with my P90 but he'd simply pop in and out of cover with his shotgun and take me out.
I must say, while the connection was bad, they were the best bunch of players I've played against in a pretty long time. It didn't help that I was a complete retard, last night. I set myself up for so many deaths, I even flashbanged myself in that Strike game. :ouch:
 
I was going to get on last night but my 'net decided to go out on me.

I'm really starting to get irritated at the matchmaking. Not finding games, putting me in rooms with like 2 people after only going through one group of games, getting in games that say 50ms but end up playing like 80ms. I swear I spend more time trying to find a game than I do playing. And I'm like 2 kills away from 1000 with the Predator, and I can't hit crap. I either target a guy who ends up dead or I just plain miss.
 
I was going to get on last night but my 'net decided to go out on me.

I'm really starting to get irritated at the matchmaking. Not finding games, putting me in rooms with like 2 people after only going through one group of games, getting in games that say 50ms but end up playing like 80ms. I swear I spend more time trying to find a game than I do playing. And I'm like 2 kills away from 1000 with the Predator, and I can't hit crap. I either target a guy who ends up dead or I just plain miss.

Hopefully Black Ops has better matchmaking. I hate being put into a game on a team that is getting destroyed because everyone rage quit. Also being put into a game with 30 seconds left or only 3 kills left to end it ...

I don't mind being put into a match in progress but come on, the matchmaking service should show some intelligence.
 
Those nearly over games are the worst. I sit there waiting and then I'm like "YES a game, FINALLY!" [game starts] 3500-7200...awesome. :|
 
Yeah, match making usually go against your favor. :D

I back out of so many of those, I have no idea how I have a winning record, overall.

On a related not, connection is so bad now that I wouldn't touch any match over 70 pings.

Even then, last night, I thought I had this guy's number as I put enough bullets in him to put him down.

Wrong.

I had to see the replay, and it got even better. He had been shot at just before running into me. He's flashing so red(his screen), he should have pretty much dropped dead at the sight of me. :lol: From his view, I just stood there. He got around three rounds in me, when I might have fired one shot. I couldn't tell. It's ridiculous.
 
I was kidding. It's all good.

See you in five minutes! XD
 
Well I had put a few good games together last weekend? when GTP had a mix of USers and UKers playing together. Since then, I think if I get a few kills above even K/D, then I have been doing awesome; I have no clue how my K/D has not fallen from 1.61, as it seems like I have not had enough good games to maintain it. Absolutely frustrated with the amount of issues I am having with not being able to aim quick enough, encountering too many of the other team at once to do much good, not being able to put bullets quick enough into a person, ect.

Last night, I switched over to Hardcore Team Deathmatch and that was more enjoyable. My K/D was slightly better in that, but nothing spectacular. Maybe the switch to Hardcore will take some of the frustration away.

On another note, I have thought about picking up Modern Warfare to play online instead, since I completely skipped the multiplayer portion of that game.
 
I think it was last weekend ish, I initiated that when I wanted to join A6 and then people joined me, it was interesting for us on the slower connection but we all coped reasonably well with it and posted decent enough scores. Just the prospect of having to go into Ground War was enough to make me decide to split up once we had over 6 though :lol:.
 
I think it was last weekend ish, I initiated that when I wanted to join A6 and then people joined me, it was interesting for us on the slower connection but we all coped reasonably well with it and posted decent enough scores. Just the prospect of having to go into Ground War was enough to make me decide to split up once we had over 6 though :lol:.

It was quite a bit of fun playing with the US/UKers. I started out especially well on the first game I played with the group on Afghan, turning in something like a 15-0-2. That game was also my first game to give the FN FAL extended use. Next few games were similar and after those, I finished probably around 10-1-5 most games. Frustratingly, games like that have been few and far between since.
 
I think it was last weekend ish, I initiated that when I wanted to join A6 and then people joined me, it was interesting for us on the slower connection but we all coped reasonably well with it and posted decent enough scores. Just the prospect of having to go into Ground War was enough to make me decide to split up once we had over 6 though :lol:.

Yeah that was good fun!
Nice to play with our US counterparts once in a while. And we destroyed...
 
I'm struggling, too, Vash. I took off my nuke streak reward, started playing conservatively. I think my game's finally starting to pick up. :D

Euro-U.S. TDMs were lots of fun. It would've been more fun if I didn't suck so bad, but I can't complain considering the poor connection Drag & Aldo were suffering through. Even with lag, you guys were still kicking butts. 👍
 
I just put the nuke on my streaks after getting 1000 with the Predator. I doubt I'll ever get one because all my streaks over 25 I've spent hiding using my Pred/Harrier/Chopper Gunner.
 
Back