Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,270 views
Knifing almost doesn't exist in W@W. There is the bayonet which is great but hardly anyone ever uses it because its only available on a handful of weapons most of which don't get used much either.
 
Knifing almost doesn't exist in W@W. There is the bayonet which is great but hardly anyone ever uses it because its only available on a handful of weapons most of which don't get used much either.
That's the way it should be. You know I'm always "IW>Treyarch", but knifing in Modern Warfare games are so flawed, it's not even funny.

Then again, I love using my SCAR to snipe people from across the map, so I'm just being a hypocrite. :p
 
You should pick up W@W for the PS3. I actually have to be really motivated to play MW2 anymore but I'll pick up W@W just about anytime. You can still find a game pretty easy to.
 
You should pick up W@W for the PS3. I actually have to be really motivated to play MW2 anymore but I'll pick up W@W just about anytime. You can still find a game pretty easy to.
Did I tell you I gave my X360 copy of World at War to my coworker? Gave it to him. :lol:

But score 1 for you, nobody bought the copy of the CoD4. It's OK, as I don't mind keeping that one around, just in case I get a Xbox again. MW2 sold nearly instantly, to the same kid who bought my X360, but probably because I was selling it for only $20.
 
You can probably get it pretty cheap these days. I'd even let you download the maps from my PSN if you wanted.
 
You can probably get it pretty cheap these days. I'd even let you download the maps from my PSN if you wanted.
Thanks, but that's OK. I'm trying to round up my k/d up to 2.60 on MW2, before the November releases hit.

I tell you what, I was browsing the last page of Black Ops thread, and there was something about customization of character/guns? I saved the video on the tab, so I can watch it later. If I like what I see, I might get it.
 
You should get it. I pre-ordered my copy back in August and I will be at the midnight release when it comes out next month.
 
Since the MW2 is starting to get boring, while in my quest to raise the k/d, I've been trying out new weapons I didn't even give a quick glance at before.

I just started using MG4 and M240. I've tried these guys before, and I struggled to get a kill. I'm finding out that it was at least partially my fault. Most likely my (slow)internet. Their high rate of fire actually have helped in close encounters, and they are pretty effective in mid-range. If I learn to control the bursts like I have with RPD, it might even have similar range(i.e. across the map). Anyway, they are fun to shoot, it's so nice to be able to take on continuous encounters, not having to reload. I did get caught on a reload one time with one of those guns, I got mad, but it was just once. Can't complain. :D
You should get it. I pre-ordered my copy back in August and I will be at the midnight release when it comes out next month.
I'll watch that vid, and it is definitely under consideration. ;)
 
A6, MW2 went to fun to boring as soon as the second map pack came out.
 
Just use extended mags or OMA. You will either not have to reload at all or you can reload quicker. SOH pro? I'd use that if you're not using bling.
 
A6, MW2 went to fun to boring as soon as the second map pack came out.
It's slowed down for me at times, but I always find something new that I want to try out, or incorporate into my game. Keeps it fresh enough for me. :D
Just use extended mags or OMA. You will either not have to reload at all or you can reload quicker. SOH pro? I'd use that if you're not using bling.
Nah, I need the scavenger for the claymores. Half the matches(I'm being kind), I can't rely on my noob teammates to hold position, or cutoff routes. One of the things I hate the most in this game is getting shot in the back. Without claymores, pending on map, I get shot at from three different guys, from three directions. :banghead:

Having said that, Sleight of Hand Pro is a great perk. I'm gonna stick with Scavenger Pro + Grip though. 👍

P.S. I watched the video. I'd say that I most likely will be getting the game. I am a sucker for that customization stuff(GT5 better have a lot of it). Only thing I didn't like in the video is that you'd have to earn the goods with in-game currency. I'm stingy, I know.
 
With OMA on an LMG class you can reload in 3-5 seconds and unless I've missed an update it should still give you claymores.
 
With OMA on an LMG class you can reload in 3-5 seconds and unless I've missed an update it should still give you claymores.
My brain's half asleep, what do ya want! :lol:

I'll try it out. 👍
 
Popped a Nuke on my first attempt with the new PSN. Playing domination on Scrapyard I stuck myself high up in the spawn round C and held off rushers up until the harrier, that got my CG no problem however airspace was full for ages so I had to wait it out, thankfully none of my team were too eager to capture A which meant they kept spawning round me. Needed 10 to get my Nuke and they came in about 3 seconds with the spawn killing behind the crane. Ended the game before either team reached 100 points as I didn't want to risk loosing it because of a possible host migration.
 
Last edited:
Pretty good night tonight. I doubt I'll make it to level 70 again before black ops comes out and I never play this game again but I'm going to try...
 
Why are harriers useless when you need them. I got 6 tonight that would all be helping me towards a CG, not a single one was shot down yet collectively they bagged me 1 kill.

1259422242644.jpg


Also I got killed so many times on a 6 kill streak, switched to using hardline just to die on a 5 kill streak. Again see the bird for my reaction.​
 
What annoys me more than my Harrier not helping me out is a Stinger not destroying a Harrier and then the subsequent second Stinger also missing the Harrier. :banghead:
 
Last edited:
It happens a lot. even when you're standing right under it.
 
I shot down a Harrier with a Stinger at Favela the other day.

Nothing especially unusual, except that the Stinger also killed GT-R_Emokid, who was standing below it. I've never seen a Stinger icon appear on the kill list before.
 

WingsofRedemption being killed by a Stinger

I've never seen that happen, either.
 
I killed a person with the Javelin missile that hit the corner of a building.
 
I like it when I kill two birds with one stone, when using a stinger.
 
Hey A6, since they announced GT5 won't be coming out this year I guess you have another reason to buy black ops. Good news eh?
 
Couple of things I want to report. Just last night, I get on a TDM, same team with this big clan of five. Usually, I'm on the "other" team, get my butt kicked, or at least my team does, so I'm going "score! we might actually kill the other team!".

Right at the start, the other team fires a Javelin at us. I kid(censored) you not, one of the guy from the clan screams,

"OH MY GOD! HE JUST FIRED SOME KIND OF MISSILE! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT!"

We lost the match. :lol:

Second thing I wanted to mention was myself falling in love with another gun I hated in the beginning of MW2: Vector.

What? Lack of stopping power? As long as you have Stopping Power on Perk 2, you don't even need it from the gun, it fires so fast. One match I actually got to the host, the thing was like a laser gun! I love it.
Hey A6, since they announced GT5 won't be coming out this year I guess you have another reason to buy black ops. Good news eh?
Azuremen was so right on the money with that one(his comment on PSN account), it's not even funny. :lol: yet I lol
 
It just means I have one less game to buy in the next month. Talk about saving money eh!
 
It just means I have one less game to buy in the next month. Talk about saving money eh!
GT4 delay was how I found the website, I think. When the game came out, I didn't even care for it, now I couldn't care less when they release the game.

Along with it, I was about to give up on my video gaming when I made a chance purchase of Call of Duty 4, which made me a complete video game addict. I still don't want the Black Ops, but I scheduled couple of days off on November 9th & 10th, so I must be getting the game, I guess. :p
 
I swear to god I need to stop playing this game at night. I think as soon as the sun goes down my internet turns into dial up.
 
Back