Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
They had the revive perk thing in the WaW too, didn't they? Or was that just in the zombies?

It's pretty sad that I have to ask this, as I do have a copy of that game myself. :dopey:

Yes, it's called "Second Chance." The player goes into last stand and if another player has the perked equipped they can revive their downed teammate.

From what I read, it seems to be confirmed this will be in co-op missions and I hope this isn't a perk in multiplayer. :indiff:

I liked having it in multiplayer myself, made the game just a little bit more. I hardly ever used it though and people being able to use it doesn't really work out much. It takes a little bit to revive so your a sitting duck and usually get popped before you can revive them. But it was a cool idea, medic without crappy medic class kinda.

Now I'm thinking about preordering the game, so in a way, I can start playing the game the night before. I'm pretty sure EBX or GameStop in the mall won't do a midnight launch, as the building will be closed(I will double check with them). But I might try with one located in a strip mall.

Right now, I'm leaning towards PS3 Prestige Edition + the standard X360 copy. I figure more Xbox players will have the Prestige Edition preordered than the PlayStation players.
From what I read, it seems to be confirmed this will be in co-op missions and I hope this isn't a perk in multiplayer. :indiff:
I liked having it in multiplayer myself, made the game just a little bit more. I hardly ever used it though and people being able to use it doesn't really work out much. It takes a little bit to revive so your a sitting duck and usually get popped before you can revive them. But it was a cool idea, medic without crappy medic class kinda.
I remember thinking about how you'd get picked off trying to revive someone, too. Also, the odds of having a teammate with that perk in the match, I'm thinking is very slim. And what's in it for the guy risking his butt to save someone else? They should get limited golden guns, or revive should be part of the stats, as far as I'm concerned! :lol:

Do we really need more than 2-3 shotguns? Geez! One pump, one auto should be fine. They don't get much different besides that. Maybe if they let some get a little more range, I've never understood why shotguns in games always have a terrible range, yet people hunt with the dang things and don't have to get within 10ft of their kill.

Edit: Okay, ideal setup there would be the pump in CoD4, the Spas-12, a pump that is setup for some medium range, and one of those fully automatics with the drum magazine.

I'm terrible with the shottys, and my range's probably around 15ft, maybe less? But I have seen people who can consistently hit me from much farther than that. And boy is it embarrassing, when you actually have something like MP5, or P90 in your hands. :ouch:

Im alright with Shotties, but never really use them...

Any new info...? Ive havent seen anything new in a while... :indiff:

Oh I did read somehting about DLC already...

Yeah but more reason mine are fake look at 9. The whole jaggy thing is off the center, I just noticed that now.

I remember thinking about how you'd get picked off trying to revive someone, too. Also, the odds of having a teammate with that perk in the match, I'm thinking is very slim. And what's in it for the guy risking his butt to save someone else? They should get limited golden guns, or revive should be part of the stats, as far as I'm concerned! :lol:

I have revived a good bit of people and have received a few revives also so its not impossible, just not very practical. You get points after you complete the "revive challenge" so you actually do get rewarded, well you do if your into the whole i completed every challenge thing, which im not.

Props to you for at least trying it out. But looks like we both agree that, there should be a larger incentive for pulling it off.

Came across THIS today, rad!

I know its from the xbox forums but it should be the same DLC for both platforms.

Last edited:
I don't like that they are already talking about DLC, when the game's not even out yet. If you want make bank off us, just charge us $70 for the game. Get it over with.

Someone did bring up an interesting point in that forum though: Will any of the original CoD4 maps return in the Modern Warfare 2?

Honestly, I am hoping every single one of those maps come back. They are like my playground. I love them too much!
Lately MS has been paying for exclusive content. Wouldnt doubt this be the case here too.
If they are like the DLC for the CoD4, they can have it. I have Xbox Live, but I won't get it this time. :lol:

Would be nice if they did like on skate 2, on skate 2 you could purchase a pack with all the old "spots" from skate which most of the spots i liked so i got the pack and didn't regret it at all. I would buy a MP if it had all of COD4's maps in it.

I would, too. And if they left out the China Town, my heart will be broken, but I'll live.

Hey, did you sig me? :lol:

Ughhh.....if they put in chinatown my heart will be broken:crazy: And yes..yes i did...:lol:

EDIT: Again, i know this is the PS3 sub for the game but i just post everything here even though i don't own a PS3 because its more active and allot of people have both. Found THIS!

Last edited:
EDIT: Again, i know this is the PS3 sub for the game but i just post everything here even though i don't own a PS3 because its more active and allot of people have both. Found THIS!

That pisses me off alot. I cannot believe that. If I dont want cheap goggles then I dont get the BETA? Sheesh. It would be better if any preorder allowed you to play or whatever their plan is.

Unless of course this sentence means something.

with those who have pre-ordered ‘Prestige Edition’ of the game having immediate access.

Meaning perhaps we wait another few days or something.

Well it will prob be in order of how you signed up at modernwarfare2.com just like they did with WaW. So, if you pre-order the toy glasses you won't have immediate access which means you won't have to wait in line to get your key to be emailed to you.

For World at War, I did preorder the Collector's set, but I could swear that it was any preorder to play in beta. I remember my CoD buddies preordering just the standard copies to get the beta access. I guess I will have to preorder for sure now. I forgot all about the beta. If I have to preorder the Prestige, I'll do that.
Ughhh.....if they put in chinatown my heart will be broken:crazy:
That was a joke, my friend. China Town=Redheaded Stepchild :lol:

CoD4 beta must've been pretty cool. I didn't know they had beta. Then again, when I bought CoD4, I never planned on going online either. :D

Omg, an official controller made by MadCatz.

Mad Catz Modern Warfare 2 Range Announced
Company reveals partnership with Activision for a series of specialized controllers and accessories.
by Scott Lowe

US, August 11, 2009 - In late July, Robert Bowling, community manager for Infinity Ward, set the internet ablaze with a Twitter post regarding a specialized Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 controller. In the post, Bowling asked his loyal followers whether they preferred concave or convex analog stick grips, but beyond that all we were able to ascertain was that the controller was in development. In a later post, Bowling did confirm that the controller was being developed by a third-party manufacturer and not by Activision, and today we've learned that Mad Catz has been awarded the license for a line of Modern Warfare 2 accessories, including a specialized controller.

Today Mad Catz announced that they have partnered with Activision and Infinity Ward to develop a range of controllers and accessories. The release goes on to state that the company will develop accessories for all platforms currently announced for the title, which include Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 systems.

"Mad Catz's innovation and fresh approach from Day 1 has been great," said Vince Zampella, CEO of Infinity Ward. "Their team has really poured their hearts into the new line of accessories for Modern Warfare 2 and we can't wait for our fans to have a chance to play for themselves this November."

Mad Catz's partnership with Activision for Modern Warfare 2 marks the third major license for the company over the last year, which has included deals with Capcom for Street Fighter IV and Harmonix for the Rock Band series.

For more on this story as it develops, stay tuned to IGN Gear.

http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/101/1012847p1.html

Latest Posts

Back