Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
I always appreciated the PS controller. I hate how when I go to a friends house and play CoD4 on his 360 that the sticks are so stiff. I went to play and noticed they are almost twice as stiff. Then I return to my epic bedroom with my epic (crap) tv and my epic (crap) beanbag and my truly epic PS3 to find that the controller is all light and fluffy :).

Yeah, I like the lighter stick, too. And I know this is just in my head, but I feel more nimble, playing CoD4. Weird.

For World at War, I did preorder the Collector's set, but I could swear that it was any preorder to play in beta. I remember my CoD buddies preordering just the standard copies to get the beta access. I guess I will have to preorder for sure now. I forgot all about the beta. If I have to preorder the Prestige, I'll do that.

That was a joke, my friend. China Town=Redheaded Stepchild :lol:

On WaW you didn't have to preorder to play the beta:) All you had to do was sign up at the website and wait your turn for your key, which is how im guessing it will also be for MW. And thank god that was a joke on China Town....:yuck:

I'm honestly not a big fan of Mad Catz products, but I guess I'll have to see...

You guys know how a lot of people say the PS3 controller is too small for their hands? I never believed that, but I've been finding myself thinking the PS3 controller is actually too small for my hands. Sometimes, after long gaming sessions, my hands begin to hurt and I find myself hitting the PS button with my thumb instead of the right analog stick.

IMO, X360 controller > PS3 controller

I prefer the 360 pad hands down, the sony just seems to small cause my hands start to cramp. Im also a fairly big guy. Now the original xbox pad was horrible, it was WAY too big.

I was pretty young when we got the original xbox when it was around 800AUD over here. Damn that controller was fail, it was hyugggeeee. They got that controller wrong all the way, the next one was a whole lot better.

You know what they say about people with big hands...................................... big gloves.

I'm not ready to name the PS3 controller my favorite or anything. But I do like it a whole lot more than I used to, that's for sure. And did you guys check out the poll I linked? It was a major blowout in a Playstation forum, so it must really be gooder.

Hehe.

I'm so used to the PS controller. And I'm a big guy too. I have large hands and feet. I wear a size 15 shoe to kinda give you an idea. However using to G25 with big feet gives me an advantage I believe, makes it easier to to heel toe the pedals.

I'm honestly not a big fan of Mad Catz products, but I guess I'll have to see...

You guys know how a lot of people say the PS3 controller is too small for their hands?

I've discovered I have the same problem recently, thing is it wasn't like a dawning realisation, I just looked down once and I was "like what the hell, since when is a DS3 that small?" (please note: I was fully clothed and I don't call my, er, gentleman's area 'a DS3').

With you on the Mad Catz thing, I wear they make them out of bakelite or something just as brittle and cheap feeling, though to be fair my only experience of them was a third party pad for a PS2 that a friend of mine had ages ago, they might have improved.

I had a MadCatz wheel years ago, and seriously it has to be a contender for one of the worst products I have ever owned.

I have had nothing but bad things with any madkatz product myself. Everything i have used by them just has felt cheap and usually the buttons tend to stick and just feel non responsive compared to sony or M$ brand. Im sure if i took the controller apart and did a little dremeling and such it would feel better but i shouldn't have to fix their product when i buy it, just use it.

Anyone know where i can pre order the hardened edition in Canada? I've looked around and all I can find is the prestige edition, and i'm not paying 150 bucks for a game (besides rock band lol)

http://modernwarfare2forum.net/mw2-main-menu-images-t50.html

New image.

codfakebeta.jpg

Maybe a new menu?

Saved footage...... awesome. 👍 I used to love the replays on Gran Turismos, but this one might be even better!

If we can record from the game and chuck it on a USB, or just record from game and go raw straight to youtube I will be so happy.

If any of you care, http://modernwarfare247.com/news/secret-gamescom-gameplay-footage .

If you read underneath the video it tells you the differences. The blood splatter looks very good now.

Graphical improvement: http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2009/08/20/modern-warfare-2-texture-streaming/

Words about Beta, apparently an internal Activision, IF, and 1st party BETA will happen but at the moment, a public beta probably isnt happening. http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2009/08/19/final-word-on-mw2-beta-rumors/

From 402's twitter
Aiming our next Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer video for release next week. The focus will be on a new Perk that A LOT of you suggested! 4:54 PM Aug 18th from web
Looking forward to this and I wonder what the new perk will be??

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back