Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,327 views
My attachment to CoD4 maps are kind of similar to how I was attached to Gran Turismo tracks. They just make me feel at home. I do love the new maps, but to be able to use the new weapons, new perks, etc. on CoD4 maps would be awesome. Too bad Strike didn't make it. Or District, Pipeline, etc.

Azuremen: My stealth/Ninja class is called Shinobi. :lol:
 
My shield class is called "I predict a".
 
Do you guys rename your classes?

I gave mine basic names:

Favorite - My go-to class, now with One Man Army Pro for quick switching to whatever class I need. Silenced TAR-21 FTW!
Sniper - Sniper class obviously. WA2000 and claymores with a G18 for close combat.
Mobility - Marathon, Lightweight, Steady Aim, Akimbo P90. My run around and knife or blast away class.
Ghost - Silenced weapons, Cold-Blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.
Anti-Air - Class with a stinger for taking out air support.
Challenges - Class where I throw on whatever weapon or perks I feel like working towards the challenges for. Right now it's got the AK.
 
Along with a new map pack we should also be seeing a map pack that will be bringing back some maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. These maps are:

  • Shipment
  • Vacant
  • Overgrown
  • Crash

Very much looking forward to playing on Overgrown and Crash again. Vacant and Shipment, not so much.

My shield class is called "I predict a".

For any fan of 80's hair metal "Quiet" would be a fun name for that class.
 
I just use simple straight forward and easy to find names for my classes.

Assault
Assault/ Rocket
Sniper (Barret 50.cal for this one)
No - Scope (for all the people that keep asking for me to do it with them)
Ninja (Cold Blood, Ninja, Bling, Silenced Weapons)
Knifetastic
Riot Shield
 
For any fan of 80's hair metal "Quiet" would be a fun name for that class.
Funny you should mention that, I named my shield class after them :lol: (and no, I'm not a fan. lol)
 
The only ones I can remember right now is my Sniper class "CQC" and my anti air support class "SWA SWA SWA BOOM"
 
Wow, IW needs to fix the care package thing NOW. I just joined a game where both sides had like 3 people doing it. Non-stop incoming care packages... despite most people having a KD barely at 1.
 


I saw someone in this earlier today. No way to kill him, he got a nuke - game over. Really lame.
 
Nice of you to drop by my game, Cody :lol: I got you on Invasion once or twice :D
 
I always seem to do well when I play games overseas. Do I jump around from the lag or something, or are you guys just not as good at video games on average? :lol:
 
Probably a bit of both :lol:

I'm having a real love/hate relationship with the multiplayer right now. I had a three-bar connection yet when I let off two FAMAS bursts into a guy's head from point-blank range with Stopping Power he doesn't go down :mad: Seriously, what the hell!
 
Probably a bit of both :lol:

I'm having a real love/hate relationship with the multiplayer right now. I had a three-bar connection yet when I let off two FAMAS bursts into a guy's head from point-blank range with Stopping Power he doesn't go down :mad: Seriously, what the hell!
Welcome to my world... :P
 
Man, the bigger problem I am noticing now is even if people aren't glitching care packages, I want to assume they are when there is non-stop air support in a game. And it just distracts me from the game, wanting to know if they are cheating, which leads me to checking the radar and score boards a lot more.

That guy have anything on his Twitter about this non=sense? Or is the game just broken to hell and back?
 
That guy have anything on his Twitter about this non=sense? Or is the game just broken to hell and back?
Nothing as of yet. I don't think the coming patch will fix the infinite care packages (which, like the Models, has already been patched once), only the running speed while holding the canister.
 
Last edited:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Well, I figured out the easy way to fix the Care Package running - Just make it so you can't knife when you have it out.

I've started fiddling with Scrambler a bit. And it is kind of funny watching people try to find me.
 
I noticed this one enemy team was calling in care packages like crazy. They had so many, they didn't care about the ones just lying about. I, and some of my other team members, grab a few of them.

It sucks this game is invested with idiots and cheaters. But that's what the world is filled with. Why would this game be any different.

I hope IW patches it up quick. Oh, and they've got to do something about the lag. My oldest son was really getting affected by it today. It was horrible. He actually stopped playing and started on his homework. Now THAT is bad!
 
Sucks, lag like that at times.

And I'm on a roll right now. 22 3 1 in a TDM on Highrise, and then just did 55 9 8 on Terminal playing Domination. Some people on the other team left the game :lol:
 
Why is it that some days you can't fire a shot without hitting someone, and other days you just get totally hammered :odd:

I played a couple of days ago and felt like John Rambo. Played it last night and struggled to break even on K/D. Some games i felt and acted like i'd never picked up the game before. I even got a 5-1-22 in one game 5 kills and 22 deaths!!!! Just as my K/D had started to creep up i lost 2 points in a matter of hours.

I think i my problem is that i've been chasing challenges. I'm trying to get the FMJ challenges on a couple of guns to finish them off whilst simultaneously levelling up some of the Perks challenges with new weapons that i probably wouldn't normally use. I'm also dying a lot chasing Cold Blooded Pro. I got it very quickly last time around without even trying. Now i'm trying to do it i can't. I know the falling chopper trick, but it seems that no one is bothering to Javelin them any more, everyone must be using Cold Blooded and just ignoring them instead.

I think i just need to start playing normally.
 
I am now busy to master the first gun in assault. I think it's something like M4A1. I only have to have extended mags and ofcourse the last camouflages still. But The bullet penetration thing is pretty hard for me. It feels like I'm shooting for luck through walls. O only have like 3 of those kills now. Does somebody know what I can do to get better at those kills?

Yay new software update. I wonder what's in it.
 
I am now busy to master the first gun in assault. I think it's something like M4A1. I only have to have extended mags and ofcourse the last camouflages still. But The bullet penetration thing is pretty hard for me. It feels like I'm shooting for luck through walls. O only have like 3 of those kills now. Does somebody know what I can do to get better at those kills?

Yay new software update. I wonder what's in it.

Here is what you do my friend, its how I did my FMJ for my M16. Shot through glass, don't break it, you can shoot through chain link fences, if you get any thermal scope for your weapon that helps somewht as well. Use comon sense, If you see someone in a window, shot just below the window cill. I did it in no time. Good luck!
 
Yay new software update. I wonder what's in it.

Nothing but ******** trouble! I've been playing MW2 fine earlier today but as soon as I updated it keeps crashing as soon as I start a match in any gamemode.

Tried it a few times to make sure it wasn't a one off, sure enough it kept crashing at the same point. Tried a different disc to make sure it wasn't my laser going bad again, sure enough the disc ran fine.

I'm really starting to loose patience with this game now, matchmaking troubles have come into any gamemode over the last few days and IW seem to be focused on "fixing" entirely the wrong things, heck I'm glad I can't play now for a while, means I can finally go to 10th Prestige on COD4.
 
Sweetshop - IW knows about that issue with it crashing when you try to play online, and they're working with Sony to work out why that is. (edit: from what Bowling wrote on the IW forum, IW may try and get Sony to roll back the patch until they can determine what is causing the online freezing)

What the patch contains (EU only at the moment, US coming tonight and 360 once MS certifies it):
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks.

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502
 
Last edited:
Nothing but ******** trouble! I've been playing MW2 fine earlier today but as soon as I updated it keeps crashing as soon as I start a match in any gamemode.

Tried it a few times to make sure it wasn't a one off, sure enough it kept crashing at the same point. Tried a different disc to make sure it wasn't my laser going bad again, sure enough the disc ran fine.

I'm really starting to loose patience with this game now, matchmaking troubles have come into any gamemode over the last few days and IW seem to be focused on "fixing" entirely the wrong things, heck I'm glad I can't play now for a while, means I can finally go to 10th Prestige on COD4.

I got put in to a game on overtime earlier, ergo, I couldn't play. 👎
 
I just realised that Wasteland glitch I mentioned earlier was found out in November, and they've not decided to patch it. :dunce:

At least I've only ever seen it once. Maybe not many people know about it, but I tried it in a private game and it isn't the hardest to get into. Hopefully not more people find out.
 
Hmmm... I wonder if that's the explanation for what I witnessed yesterday. Played TDM at Wasteland and literally not more than 2-1/2 minutes pass before the "incoming nuke" indicator pops up. The guy's chopper gunner was in the air probably at the 1-1/2 min mark, think he finished 44 & 1. Shortest game I've ever seen, suppose I was fortunate to be on the winning team. Regardless something felt fishy about it and left the lobby immediately afterward.
 
Sweetshop - IW knows about that issue with it crashing when you try to play online, and they're working with Sony to work out why that is. (edit: from what Bowling wrote on the IW forum, IW may try and get Sony to roll back the patch until they can determine what is causing the online freezing)

Wow, so they basically did no testing of this patch at all. Complete idiots.
 
I am now busy to master the first gun in assault. I think it's something like M4A1. I only have to have extended mags and ofcourse the last camouflages still. But The bullet penetration thing is pretty hard for me. It feels like I'm shooting for luck through walls. O only have like 3 of those kills now. Does somebody know what I can do to get better at those kills?

Yay new software update. I wonder what's in it.

What I did on the ACR (The only gun I ever got Mastery for), was go in to HCTDM with a setup like this:

ACR + Holo Sight/Silencer + FMJ
TMP + Red Dot
Bling Pro
Stopping Power Pro
Ninja Pro

And just try to aim for the known camping spots and if you see someone in a window put it through the wall below them. The Reduced Health in HardCore makes it fairly easy (2 or 3 shots, max) and I got to 40 FMJ kills in about 3-1/2 matches (funnily enough I got my last FMJ kill needed by shooting someone through a chicken cage in rundown)

From,
Chris.
 
Wow, so they basically did no testing of this patch at all. Complete idiots.
It was tested by both IW and Sony (the latter spent about ten days doing so), and the online freezes weren't occurring then - the freezes *somehow* popped up when the patch went live to public PSN. To say there was "no testing at all" is a bit of a sweeping assumption ;)
 
Last edited:
There clearly was no real testing. IW failed massively in the testing department before they released the game, thus why we have these patches. The more I play the game the more poorly thought out things I see, like the infinite care package glitch, the elevators, the getting into the floor or walls of the map, stupid fixes like lets nerf a single 1887 but fail to change the math on the Akimbo with FMJ. Or that the Attack Helicopter is completely worthless compared to the Harrier - "Hey, lets have two kill streaks that are the same number, but one can shoot down air support, has an air strike, and actually hits things with its guns, and can apparently dodge Stingers at random. The other one, well, lets have it just kind of fly around and do nothing." Srsly, I've had a Harrier take down a Pave Low and Chopper Gunner.

It feels rushed. Lots of little things completely over looked. Like match making. Can I have an option to search locally, so to prevent me from getting put into games where everyone is speaking Spanish? The ranking boards are still fubar'd as well, etc etc.
 
Back