Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,354 views
I had a few bad campers today in Domination matches. They just don't get it. Camp, and you lose the game. It's that simple.

This one idiot, Soldier220 wouldn't stop camping no mater what I said. He was causing everybody to respawn behind him, which is clear across the map where we were fighting. So damn annoying.

I came into the game late. He was there sooner than I, since he already had his camping spot. Behind a gun placement at Wasteland. When the game was over, I had three times the points he had. Plus, he almost cost us the game.
 
This one idiot, Soldier220 wouldn't stop camping no mater what I said. He was causing everybody to respawn behind him, which is clear across the map where we were fighting. So damn annoying.

Your motivational speeches could have some friendly touches added; you get a touch angry :lol:
 
Three hours after I prestiged, I'm already level 12 with a "Prestige KDR" of 1.19 :cool: 141 kills, 118 deaths. Sure beats the 0.60 that shows on the leaderboard! :lol:

For some reason I'm really liking the M4 now (I never used it much - 25 kills tops - on my first run through), it's decently accurate with not *too* much recoil, plus it's quite powerful. Why is it one of the two default ARs again? lol
 
Had some good games yesterday with uk86ze, Fairplay, Mr_Geez and Theewar. Now with the headset I got yesterday its alot easier playing Demolition or Domination... my RPG was on fire last night :p I was getting double kills like crazy in that Skidrow match we had... :lol: And staying behind Theewar and picking off enemies while they shoot at his shield is a hoot... Ended up doing that a couple times as well... Cant wait til the next session... Hopefully tonight again :D
 
For some reason I'm really liking the M4 now (I never used it much - 25 kills tops - on my first run through), it's decently accurate with not *too* much recoil, plus it's quite powerful. Why is it one of the two default ARs again? lol

Yeah, the M4A is pretty solid. I've put over 1000 kills on it this Prestige. I used when I first got the game and then got hung up on the FAL. But the M4A with a Silencer and Stopping Power drops pretty fast. And unlike the SCAR, it has a decent clip size, which saves you from click clicking at the worst times...

Now, does anyone else feel that when you have a Silencer on a gun, such as the P90 or the M4 or MP5, you seem to kill faster? Because I tend to do much better with a Silencer on any gun rather than a sight and other goodies. And not because other enemies are ignoring me, but my targets just seem to go down faster.
 
Had some good games yesterday with uk86ze, Fairplay, Mr_Geez and Theewar. Now with the headset I got yesterday its alot easier playing Demolition or Domination... my RPG was on fire last night :p I was getting double kills like crazy in that Skidrow match we had... :lol: And staying behind Theewar and picking off enemies while they shoot at his shield is a hoot... Ended up doing that a couple times as well... Cant wait til the next session... Hopefully tonight again :D

We were on fire last night. I think we only lost 2 or 3 games in the 5 hours i played but then again matchmaking took its time so alot of time wasted there.
I also got a friend request if you remember the abuser who we had on our team at the end. The one who was giving the poor English lads a hard time as its normally the other way around with guys from England giving abuse to everyone else around the world.
 
I have clocked about 1300 kills on the prestige challenge for the m4, great gun.
 
I also got a friend request if you remember the abuser who we had on our team at the end. The one who was giving the poor English lads a hard time as its normally the other way around with guys from England giving abuse to everyone else around the world.

Im not sure I heard him, I always mute everyone else in the lobby except the people in our squad... All that meaningless banter drives me crazy... So if someone starts talking crap gimme a sign and I'll unmute them so I can hear what they have to say.. lol ;)

We were on fire though last night... Taking that win on Terminal was a nice one... you and I had the best spots at that moment to hold down B for the win :) Feels so much more rewarding then playing like the lone ranger...
 
Im not sure I heard him, I always mute everyone else in the lobby except the people in our squad... All that meaningless banter drives me crazy... So if someone starts talking crap gimme a sign and I'll unmute them so I can hear what they have to say.. lol ;)

We were on fire though last night... Taking that win on Terminal was a nice one... you and I had the best spots at that moment to hold down B for the win :) Feels so much more rewarding then playing like the lone ranger...

Me in the fuselage and you in the cockpit won the game and thats the hardest of the 2 to capture and defend i think.
 
Well I just switched over to something completely different.

Silenced TAR-21 with USPs, Marathon Pro, Hardline, Ninja Pro, Semtex and Flashes. Killstreaks is the big change over though - UAV, Care Pack, Precision Airstrike. Versus my usual Predator Harrier AC-130 setup. Playing very aggressive and I am having pretty good games.

EDIT: Boosters are a sad lot. A very sad lot. Just found some on Skidrow. In a very dumb place. Was quite annoying.

EDIT EDIT: I've also started leaving games that have placed on truly incompetent teams. The kind that run straight into the enemy over and over again just letting killstreaks come in.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: When are they patching the unlimited Care Packages again? I just played a game where there was none stop airsupport and none stop care packages coming in. Sure enough two guys, clearly friends based on the similar user names, chilling in the back of the map just dropping care packages over and over.
 
Last edited:
Your motivational speeches could have some friendly touches added; you get a touch angry :lol:

I admit, I'm a very competitive person. I play to win. Losing ain't much fun for me. That's why I'm always trying to improve myself. That's why I'm usually telling everyone what's going on in particular area of the map. That's why, if somebody isn't playing the game correctly (camping in Domination) I tell them they're doing it wrong. I tell them we win the game by getting points from obtaining flag areas and holding them for as long as possible. I don't tell them with an angry voice. I just tell them. That's it.

Now, if they want to react like a childish baby about it, I wont hesitate to get on their case about it. I'll tell them what their options are, "Play the game correctly, or go play a different game. Why ruin our chances of winning?" I don't 'yell' at them, but at the same time, I'm not going to coddle them.

I don't really see that as, "angry." I see that more as annoyed.
 
We had a fun camper yesterday - just sat in the bottom floor corner of the yellow building on Favela. Every time someone went in, he'd run after them and knife them. So I started shooting - with FMJ - the corner from the outside. After the fifth kill he apparently still hadn't got the message...


Also yesterday... two guys talking about glitches in the lobby. I get killed by their Chopper Gunner for the match-winning kill and there on killcam was a big, fat red square around me. When I was using Cold-blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.
 


Also yesterday... two guys talking about glitches in the lobby. I get killed by their Chopper Gunner for the match-winning kill and there on killcam was a big, fat red square around me. When I was using Cold-blooded Pro and Ninja Pro.

That's why I don't bother with Cold-blooded anymore. I got sick and tired of showing up in thermal scopes and sentry cannons shooting me. However, I do like not being spotted by killstreak rewards. But, sometimes that doesn't work either, like what happened to you. Plus, even if I don't have a red square around me, a team mate near me does and... BOOM!
 
Solid, you were swearing like a sailor :lol: It is the tone. And your KD. People generally don't like taking orders from a guy with a low KD, more so when he is cussing about objectives etc etc. In all likelyhood, they just mute (what I tend to do with loud, somewhat bothersome people).
 
In all likelyhood, they just mute (what I tend to do with loud, somewhat bothersome people).

Mute is your friend :D
 
i have never had a problem with cold blooded on but when i am killed by a chopper gunner its because they were shooting at a team mate who was either next to me or on spawn points.
 
i have never had a problem with cold blooded on but when i am killed by a chopper gunner its because they were shooting at a team mate who was either next to me or on spawn points.

The big red square is kinda hard to miss - plus there were no teammates near me, not even on the killcam.
 
The big red square is kinda hard to miss - plus there were no teammates near me, not even on the killcam.

Is this glitch on PS3 or PC? I'm sure I've seen a killcam showing me glowing on a thermal scope with cold blooded equiped.
 
I've also had no problems with CB Pro, rarely get shot unless im a collateral from a team-mate when it comes to streak rewards. I've sure been shot by thermals, but never glowing white just been spotted on the move usually. Also had one game yesterday quickly, 22-2 on TDM leaving me so desperately close to a 3 KDR, 2.99 to be exact.
 
I've also had no problems with CB Pro, rarely get shot unless im a collateral from a team-mate when it comes to streak rewards. I've sure been shot by thermals, but never glowing white just been spotted on the move usually. Also had one game yesterday quickly, 22-2 on TDM leaving me so desperately close to a 3 KDR, 2.99 to be exact.

Good skills a KDR that high, I must admit mine could be better! MW2 is the first online FPS I've really got hooked on so didn't start off very well, I'm usually in the top 3 now so at least I'm not a total embarrassment to my mates anymore!
 
Is this glitch on PS3 or PC? I'm sure I've seen a killcam showing me glowing on a thermal scope with cold blooded equiped.

PS3. I almost always play HCTDM so killcams are rare - only occurring with the match-winning kill. This is the first time I've directly seen it, though I've been killed in suspect circumstances with Cold-Blooded before.

I've also had no problems with CB Pro, rarely get shot unless im a collateral from a team-mate when it comes to streak rewards. I've sure been shot by thermals, but never glowing white just been spotted on the move usually. Also had one game yesterday quickly, 22-2 on TDM leaving me so desperately close to a 3 KDR, 2.99 to be exact.

I've been collected by choppers and harriers shooting teammates before. I've been taken out by sentry guns both hostile and friendly by being in the wrong place at the wrong time (nearly got shot by my own yesterday for good measure). Chopper Gunner plus Danger Close Pro means that if you stray even within 30 feet of a non Cold-Blooded teammate, you're history.

But I've also been killed while on my own without a teammate around by an AI controlled helo/Harrier and by player-controlled helo/predator (but then players can intelligently target, by shooting anything person-shaped where they don't think their teammates are) - and this is the first time I've been able to directly witness air support (player controlled in this instance) specifically targetting me by way of the big red square despite being Cold-Blooded (and Pro at that).


Big Red Square + Cold-Blooded = Cheating 🤬
 
Solid, you were swearing like a sailor :lol: It is the tone. And your KD. People generally don't like taking orders from a guy with a low KD, more so when he is cussing about objectives etc etc. In all likelyhood, they just mute (what I tend to do with loud, somewhat bothersome people).

Again, my competitive side, when I'm getting my ass stomped, I'll blurt out a, "****! Damn! ****!" I try hard not to, but sometimes it happens when I'm getting very annoyed. That's when I quit the game and go chill out. I don't want to teach any new dirty words to any kids playing. :)

I remembered the game I was playing with you when that a-hole camp respawning jerk kept slicing me up. He ran around super fast slicing me up, and when he did, he made a fast trek to the respawning area to get me again, and again, and again. I remember saying, "Screw this ****!" That's when I quit for the day. And as far as my KD ratio is concerned for that game, why do you think I was so upset?
 

But I've also been killed while on my own without a teammate around by an AI controlled helo/Harrier and by player-controlled helo/predator (but then players can intelligently target, by shooting anything person-shaped where they don't think their teammates are) - and this is the first time I've been able to directly witness air support (player controlled in this instance) specifically targetting me by way of the big red square despite being Cold-Blooded (and Pro at that).


Big Red Square + Cold-Blooded = Cheating 🤬

Something is most certainly off there, what we can't be sure as yet.

Quick question for those in the know, how many shots does an M14 EBR take to down someone when silenced and without stopping power. I'm thinking of creating a strictly more Recon style of set up for open maps with friends so I can call out everything I see down the scope whilst remaining silent and deadly.
 
Something is most certainly off there, what we can't be sure as yet.

Quick question for those in the know, how many shots does an M14 EBR take to down someone when silenced and without stopping power. I'm thinking of creating a strictly more Recon style of set up for open maps with friends so I can call out everything I see down the scope whilst remaining silent and deadly.

I didn't think you could do hacks like this on the PS3, not impressed.
www.mw2blog.com has some pretty good weapon info but not sure if it refers to number of shots to down someone.
 
It happens, but it's not common. It seems more common in softcore than hardcore. There's also the -5m XP hack mentioned earlier in the thread.

As a general rule, if someone has funky characters in their Clan Tag - characters you either don't have access to on the Clan Tag entry keyboard or which are there but it won't allow you to input - back out.
 
I love the shield so much, I have a class just for it at Terminal. Last game I played there I went 15-0-4.

Class is:
Shield/SPAS-12; Blast Shield/Flash; Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, Commando Pro (the range on this is devastating); Martyrdom

I've been stuck with Semtex many times, but with Marathon and Lightweight I can close the gap before they've got their weapon back and they go with me. Often with a teammate or two for a bonus :D

This sounds pretty fun and I may have to eventually try it out.

To get a better measure of my effective KDR (as the broken matchmaker at the time of release did irreversible damage to my KDR) I've noted down what my pre-Prestige stats were, and when I hit 70 again I'll compare. I'm expecting close to 0.8/0.9 (currently 0.59, was 0.2 for the first week or two :|).

Since I changed my PSNID after playing the game for a bit, my K/D has been much better than it was with my old account. Before, it was around 0.65. At the time, I was terrible at the game and still getting back into the swing of playing a FPS. Now with my new account, just last night my Kills are 949 and deaths are 950 and since MW2 rounds, I have a K/D of 1.00, which was and is my goal to maintain.

Three hours after I prestiged, I'm already level 12 with a "Prestige KDR" of 1.19 :cool: 141 kills, 118 deaths. Sure beats the 0.60 that shows on the leaderboard! :lol:

I like your idea of tracking your Prestige stats. I may have to do that whenever I get to Level 70 and then Prestige.

For some reason I'm really liking the M4 now (I never used it much - 25 kills tops - on my first run through), it's decently accurate with not *too* much recoil, plus it's quite powerful. Why is it one of the two default ARs again? lol

I actually had pretty much the same thoughts about the M4A1 when I started over. It is a solid, balanced weapon that excels in just about everything, but is not particularly outstanding in any one area.

Now, does anyone else feel that when you have a Silencer on a gun, such as the P90 or the M4 or MP5, you seem to kill faster? Because I tend to do much better with a Silencer on any gun rather than a sight and other goodies. And not because other enemies are ignoring me, but my targets just seem to go down faster.

I have been using a silencer on the SCAR quite a bit the last couple days and I do not feel like I kill faster with a silencer; in fact I can tell I do not, as I go through ammunition much faster with the silencer equipped, since it takes an extra bullet or two to kill someone. The biggest difference I have noticed with a silencer equipped is I seem die much less often since people do not easily notice me through sound, visual cues (i.e. muzzle flash), and most importantly radar.
 
Something is most certainly off there, what we can't be sure as yet.

Quick question for those in the know, how many shots does an M14 EBR take to down someone when silenced and without stopping power. I'm thinking of creating a strictly more Recon style of set up for open maps with friends so I can call out everything I see down the scope whilst remaining silent and deadly.

Two shots in Core, one in Hardcore. I use a Silenced M21 EBR with a Silenced USP, Claymore, Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro, and Ninja Pro. It is a very effective combo.
 
Two shots in Core, one in Hardcore. I use a Silenced M21 EBR with a Silenced USP, Claymore, Scavenger Pro, Cold Blooded Pro, and Ninja Pro. It is a very effective combo.

Sounds very nearly like the exact set up I want to use, thanks for the info (and the other link I was given earlier by evilneal) I think I'll work on that later even if it means missing the magic 3 for now.
 
Thanks for the tips, I'll keep an eye out for odd clan tags and hope I don't get unlucky with the XP hack. I'd be more than a bit annoyed if I was reset to lv 1!
 
I had a couple off games the other day and I was starting to doubt my Silent setups but I'm "on it" tonight, had a very nice HQ Pro match with a friend earlier, I scored 53-7 which is around 5 times as many kills as anyone else, my KDR is going up around 0.01/0.02 a night. I think I can make 2.00 soonish.
 
Back