Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Legendary
  • 10,323 comments
  • 486,334 views
I played online for the first time this morning. Its a bit different than what I'm used to from playing w@w so much. Hopefully it'll get easier once I learn the levels and unlock some better stuff.
 
Learning the different maps is the most important knowledge you can have while playing online. It will help you out in knowing where the different hot spots are, where people like to travel to get between two locations, etc. You will find quite a few people think similar and knowing that can help you greatly.
 
Last edited:
I'd usually go into a private match and spend 20-30 minutes on each level before playing with actual people but I was feeling lazy today and so I only did one map and then jumped into some TDM. After 3 hours I was amazed to find that my K/D was still positive.

I'm also liking spec-ops a lot. I hope there is some DLC for that.
 
IMO going to a private match and just running around the map to "learn" it won't help at all, see it's not the map you need to learn, it's the way people move around the map that's key.
 
Am I the only one that has a love-hate relationship with Wasteland?

Oh and well on my way to a Platinum, just need to get the Downed but Not Out one, and finish off Spec Ops.
 
I played online for the first time this morning. Its a bit different than what I'm used to from playing w@w so much. Hopefully it'll get easier once I learn the levels and unlock some better stuff.

The early AR's are some of the best, same with the Sniper rifles. You were playing pretty well though, if you didn't notice I was in several games with you :p

Am I the only one that has a love-hate relationship with Wasteland?

No, I hate love it as well. I cannot stand TDM on it though, especially HC TDM. Becomes the biggest campfest ever, and just turns into a slow and drawn out game.
 
I hate juggernauts :grumpy: The only Spec-ops that me and my mate struggle on are the juggernaut ones. Probably because I'm crap with them though :lol:
 
There needs to be like an age filter for this game. I am getting tired of being put in a room full of whiney 12 year olds that try to be clever like PJ-FFL. And they whine so much, and then the 15 year olds talk crap to them, and it is just like one vicious circle of idiots.

This is what I miss about Counter Strike - Dedicated servers with admins.
 
There is an age filter. But it's very easy to by-pass.

My 12 yr old bro plays, he gets frustrated but I trust he doesn't whine to other players.
 
Vicious circle of idiots. I love it. :lol: Yeah, the kids can be trying sometime. When I hear twenty-somethings start going off, I just shake my head, and think of short buses.

Have you guys heard about the map packs? Last I heard from my coworker, it's due in March featuring: Vacant, Shipment, Overgrown, Crash.

I love the last two. I'm praying for Strike, but not holding my breath. That would be so good. Shipment, I couldn't care less. Ambush was one of my favorite maps, but yeah, can you imagine the spawn killing with the Harriers, Chopper Gunner in the air? :crazy: :lol:
IMO going to a private match and just running around the map to "learn" it won't help at all, see it's not the map you need to learn, it's the way people move around the map that's key.
I think they both help greatly. For me, the layout is just as important to me as how guys maneuver on/in it.
 
The big red square is kinda hard to miss - plus there were no teammates near me, not even on the killcam.


This game has more glitches than Jimmy Carter has liver pills:sick:
There is a new exploit on PS3 and Breakbox 360 ( cant say about pc because my 11 year old pc won't play anything) that if you do your chopper gunner or AC130 while your trying to prone where you can't, like when it says prone is blocked, you will have red squares around everyone even when you come out of the Chopper or AC. So, your running around the map seeing every person no matter how far they are away or what they are behind, just as if you were in the huey or plane, hopefully they patch it soon.

Vicious circle of idiots. I love it. Yeah, the kids can be trying sometime. When I hear twenty-somethings start going off, I just shake my head, and think of short buses.

Have you guys heard about the map packs? Last I heard from my coworker, it's due in March featuring: Vacant, Shipment, Overgrown, Crash.

I love the last two. I'm praying for Strike, but not holding my breath. That would be so good. Shipment, I couldn't care less. Ambush was one of my favorite maps, but yeah, can you imagine the spawn killing with the Harriers, Chopper Gunner in the air?


I posted a video about all the new maps in the map pack coming about a week ago :)
With my connection every time the game would move into a new match I would just sit there with waiting for party leader on the screen. I would look at your status and it would say something like, playing team death match on Favela etc. but I couldn't join. The first game went ok considering I got in the match with no allot of time left. Its impossible to play when you are running and turn a corner and then 2 seconds later it pulls you back and your facing a wall that you just turned, horrible lag to where people would just appear and kill me. Looked at the kill cam and it would show them just walking up to me and pumping me full of bullets while I just stood there $%@#&@!
 
Last edited:
Am I the only one that has a love-hate relationship with Wasteland?

I think I have had a love-hate relationship with just about every map in the game at one time or the other. Wasteland probably tends to lean a bit more towards hate. I have found I do best on it walking the edges of the map and watching for people running into the trenches or cave area in the center. It also benefits me to avoid going into the cave.

On another note, I quit two games of Demoliton just a bit ago because absolutely nothing was working for me. The first game I managed a 1-1-7. The seond and last game was a 1-1-4. In that game, I put what seemed like half of a SCAR magazine into an opponent with only apparently a few of the bullets registering. After that death, I quickly checked the score only to see all but one person with an one bar connection. I should have known my connection would be bad since the wireless connection on my computer was already slow for me before I started playing MW2.
 
This game has more glitches than Jimmy Carter has liver pills:sick:
There is a new exploit on PS3 and Breakbox 360 ( cant say about pc because my 11 year old pc won't play anything) that if you do your chopper gunner or AC130 while your trying to prone where you can't, like when it says prone is blocked, you will have red squares around everyone even when you come out of the Chopper or AC. So, your running around the map seeing every person no matter how far they are away or what they are behind, just as if you were in the huey or plane, hopefully they patch it soon.
God, that is awesome....... I mean bad! I hope they patch it too....... or do I? Yeah, I do.
I posted a video about all the new maps in the map pack coming about a week ago :)
With my connection every time the game would move into a new match I would just sit there with waiting for party leader on the screen. I would look at your status and it would say something like, playing team death match on Favela etc. but I couldn't join. The first game went ok considering I got in the match with no allot of time left. Its impossible to play when you are running and turn a corner and then 2 seconds later it pulls you back and your facing a wall that you just turned, horrible lag to where people would just appear and kill me. Looked at the kill cam and it would show them just walking up to me and pumping me full of bullets while I just stood there $%@#&@!
Alright, sorry I missed the video. I'll try searching it later.

Last night, at least you got to play a few with us, so that was very cool. 👍 Sorry you had to go through such lag hell though. Get internet soon!

Edit:

On Wasteland: I feel at ease. That, to me, is a cold blooded map. I have most success pulling ninja on that map, sneaking up on people. Especially the snipers.
 
I had 2 very opposite games today on Sub Base. I love sniping on Sub Base and I was crushing one game, going 17-0 before dying in the last few seconds and that 1 death only because I got antsy and went to grab a scavenger bag. Then I get a real garbage lag-fest, even though it was all 3 and 4 bars. Crosshairs on the head of a stationary opponent and not even a hit register. I went something like 7-17 and couldn't hit anything, it was beyond frustrating.
 
Yeah, Magburner was right on on that one. I've had what's supposed to be 3-4 bars, red dot on on stationary target, and hit absolutely nothing. Very frustrating.
 
Now this is weird. My house is near the airport, yesterday I was looking at an airplane that just took off and suddenly I found myself thinking: " oh oh, where is my stinger?":yuck:
 
I had 2 very opposite games today on Sub Base. I love sniping on Sub Base and I was crushing one game, going 17-0 before dying in the last few seconds and that 1 death only because I got antsy and went to grab a scavenger bag. Then I get a real garbage lag-fest, even though it was all 3 and 4 bars. Crosshairs on the head of a stationary opponent and not even a hit register. I went something like 7-17 and couldn't hit anything, it was beyond frustrating.

I've had that the last few days in every game mode I try, I usually have about 4 good games followed by a lag-fest of 6 or so games before I get into 4 more decent games. It's really knocking my confidence in my Silent classes as I can't shoot and kill in a lag-game. Sure I can shoot and injure but then someone else takes the kill or I get shot from the guy I was shooting.
 
I have a love/hate thing with the ACR. It is accurate accurate but takes a ton of bullets to drop someone with. And the iron sights on it still confuse, not sure where the bullets go on them, despite having some 600 kills and Mastery on it. The SCAR and TAR require far few hits to kill. And the TAR has gone from being one of my least favorite guns to one I like quite a bit, but only in closer situations, like Scrapyard and Highrise. Drops them pretty fast. The SCAR works much better over greater distances.

I'm looking at Prestiging again tonight, though getting a few titles and emblems taken care of first.

And this care package nonsense needs to get sorted out soon. Every other game I finding someone exploiting it...
 
Dunno if you guys have seen the video, but search on Youtube for "there's someone in the gift shop" - it's the first result. I won't embed it as it contains some colourful language (from a kid... rofl), but if you want some epic lulz, go watch it. Seriously funny. :lol:
 
lmao @ I'm in the gift shop! But that's not even the gift shop, that's the bookstore.
 
Get internet soon!


My tax return hits my bank account this friday! Day 5 I will be going to the cable company and paying my balance and getting my services back on sometime the week after since they are slow at doing anything:yuck:
 
Vicious circle of idiots. I love it. :lol: Yeah, the kids can be trying sometime. When I hear twenty-somethings start going off, I just shake my head, and think of short buses.

Have you guys heard about the map packs? Last I heard from my coworker, it's due in March featuring: Vacant, Shipment, Overgrown, Crash.

I love the last two. I'm praying for Strike, but not holding my breath. That would be so good. Shipment, I couldn't care less. Ambush was one of my favorite maps, but yeah, can you imagine the spawn killing with the Harriers, Chopper Gunner in the air? :crazy: :lol:
.
I hate it when I am talking to my own friends and some tosser of a 25 year old jumps in and says, "shut up your making my speakers break" or "Drop your balls before you start talking" and crap like that. Its so damn babyish.

As for the map pack, where the hell did he hear that? I honestly want new maps over old CoD4 ones, if I want them I play CoD4 and as I have already payed to play CoD4 I dont particularly want to pay to replay it.
I posted a video about all the new maps in the map pack coming about a week ago :)
With my connection every time the game would move into a new match I would just sit there with waiting for party leader on the screen. I would look at your status and it would say something like, playing team death match on Favela etc. but I couldn't join. The first game went ok considering I got in the match with no allot of time left. Its impossible to play when you are running and turn a corner and then 2 seconds later it pulls you back and your facing a wall that you just turned, horrible lag to where people would just appear and kill me. Looked at the kill cam and it would show them just walking up to me and pumping me full of bullets while I just stood there $%@#&@!
Im going to try and find this video which I never saw 0.o.

EDIT: Cant find it...

EDIT 2: New mythbusters:



 
Last edited:
Do you guys rename your classes? I decided to give my custom classes funny punny names for this run through - such as "Imma Let You Finish" for my Intervention class (intervention = "interfering in some course of events", something which Kanye did with aplomb), "Famous" for my FAMAS kit even though that's not how it's actually pronounced, and "Guns of the Patriots" for my MG4 setup (add an S).

Hm. Now that I think about it, that might all be down to my really weird and twisted sense of humour... :lol:
 
Oh my god, gift shop video is great, infact I might try that one day it is that good.
 
Im going to try and find this video which I never saw 0.o.

EDIT: Cant find it...



Its back there somewhere, it was removed from youtube due to activision getting upset, then someone reposted it on another video hosting site which I can't remember what it was but I posted a link to it because couldn't embed it so finding it won't be easy now. But heres a non video list of the maps that are suppose to be getting released, if they are or not time will tell, but they are on the disk because the person that leaked them has a jtagged xbox and was able to pull the file names out of the MW2 iso.


  • Abandon
  • DCWH-The White House
  • Compact
  • Revolt
  • Complex
  • Storm
Along with a new map pack we should also be seeing a map pack that will be bringing back some maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. These maps are:

  • Shipment
  • Vacant
  • Overgrown
  • Crash
 
Do you guys rename your classes? I decided to give my custom classes funny punny names for this run through - such as "Imma Let You Finish" for my Intervention class (intervention = "interfering in some course of events", something which Kanye did with aplomb), "Famous" for my FAMAS kit even though that's not how it's actually pronounced, and "Guns of the Patriots" for my MG4 setup (add an S).

Hm. Now that I think about it, that might all be down to my really weird and twisted sense of humour... :lol:

More like bad :rolleyes:

I do name my classes though.

Pew Pew Pew Assault for, well, assault
Sub on this SMG class/Run and Gun
Its time for an... Intervention class
I can Ninja? Stealth class, AR/Stinger
Dominate this Grenade Launcher, AT4, Scavenger and Danger Close, C4 class
Shinobi Sama Pure silence M21/USP smoke grenade class
Oh snap the Lulzy Odd ball setups, Riot shield/USP Runner right now.
 
Its back there somewhere, it was removed from youtube due to activision getting upset, then someone reposted it on another video hosting site which I can't remember what it was but I posted a link to it because couldn't embed it so finding it won't be easy now. But heres a non video list of the maps that are suppose to be getting released, if they are or not time will tell, but they are on the disk because the person that leaked them has a jtagged xbox and was able to pull the file names out of the MW2 iso.


  • Abandon
  • DCWH-The White House
  • Compact
  • Revolt
  • Complex
  • Storm
Along with a new map pack we should also be seeing a map pack that will be bringing back some maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. These maps are:

  • Shipment
  • Vacant
  • Overgrown
  • Crash

Wow, if that happens that is quite good, coooooollll.
 
Well, started 4th Prestige now. Took two Ground War games to get me to level 5. I've concluded the default Grenadier class is extremely solid, and the FAMAS is an excellent hip-fire weapon. But it does need Stopping Power, which the class has. Went 33-4-14 on Skidrow playing Domination... trying to keep B and take another position. Lots of close quarters stuff. And I've concluded Commando is INSANELY over power. You practically teleport to them and then stab them. Straight up Sword from Halo :lol:
 
The early AR's are some of the best, same with the Sniper rifles. You were playing pretty well though, if you didn't notice I was in several games with you :p

yeah I saw you. I've had you on my friend list forever without having played a game with you and then one day I get randomly tossed in a game with you. That was kinda funny. You were kicking some ass and than you left soon after being put on my team...


I was playing spec-ops on hidden last night and I swear the game knows what I'm going to do before I do. :ouch:
 
Dunno if you guys have seen the video, but search on Youtube for "there's someone in the gift shop" - it's the first result. I won't embed it as it contains some colourful language (from a kid... rofl), but if you want some epic lulz, go watch it. Seriously funny. :lol:

Oh my god, gift shop video is great, infact I might try that one day it is that good.

Absolutely wonderful! :lol: Very funny! 👍

As for the map pack, where the hell did he hear that? I honestly want new maps over old CoD4 ones, if I want them I play CoD4 and as I have already payed to play CoD4 I dont particularly want to pay to replay it.

I do not want maps from CoD4 either, but my reason has to do with not playing CoD4 at all and being at a huge disadvantage not knowing those maps.

Do you guys rename your classes? I decided to give my custom classes funny punny names for this run through - such as "Imma Let You Finish" for my Intervention class (intervention = "interfering in some course of events", something which Kanye did with aplomb), "Famous" for my FAMAS kit even though that's not how it's actually pronounced, and "Guns of the Patriots" for my MG4 setup (add an S).

Hm. Now that I think about it, that might all be down to my really weird and twisted sense of humour... :lol:

I have not renamed mine, but that does not mean I will not eventually get around to it.

Last night after the basketball game I went to, I was planning on sending out some friend requests to GTP people, but I ended up falling asleep before I could get around to doing so.
 
Back