calling all Philippine GTP members..,

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
any GTP members here living in the Philippines, particularly in Rizal and Manila?? (although I doubt it) ;) :D just kidding, i'm serious, really.., anybody?? anybody at all??

Last edited:
any GTP members here living in the Philippines, particularly in Rizal and Manila?? (although I doubt it) ;) :D just kidding, i'm serious, really.., anybody?? anybody at all??

I think it should be called "The thriller in Manila" if you host a LAN event. Can't recall many members living in the Phillipines.

IIRC??

@ Mark T - I don't have the proper "equipment" to host a LAN party, but maybe some of the Philippine members around here have them :)

*edit - changed title of thread..,

Last edited:
maybe I'm the only Filipino who appreciates Gran Turismo very much.., heck, in any school I go, I always find myself as the only one who plays the series, hahaha :lol:..,

What's a PS2? :lol:

Laguna here... don't have the equipment with me (my steering wheel and PS3 are being borrowed for a moment), but if you'd like, I could post schedules for Tuason Racing challenge days... JP has said we could borrow the simluator rigs (only enough for 4 player multi on GT4 or 2 player side by side on GT5P, non-LAN) but some of the equipment is in sad shape by now.

From what I hear from my dad, its expensive to own a PS2 even a GBA in certain parts.

well not really, in fact prices here have gone down considerably, people just don't like to buy it, because they just don't need/want it..,

What's a PS2? :lol:

Laguna here... don't have the equipment with me (my steering wheel and PS3 are being borrowed for a moment), but if you'd like, I could post schedules for Tuason Racing challenge days... JP has said we could borrow the simluator rigs (only enough for 4 player multi on GT4 or 2 player side by side on GT5P, non-LAN) but some of the equipment is in sad shape by now.

(checking radio transmission) *ksssshhk* finally, a response!!

Laguna? hmm, that's pretty far from Rizal, where I live..,

who's JP?? any idea where you guys will be playing?? would love to play with you guys but I wish I could go there..,

JP from Tuason Racing School, the guy who owns the place. We lent him a sound system, a G25 and a PS3 for his roll-cage type racing set-up... we've got an open offer for use of the system when we want it. Considering where we'd set it up, though... might stick it in Speedlab (Quezon Avenue) if we can find the space.

err, what?

Your brought the thread back up to say something of questionable coherence?

It's called "Filipino" Steve... ;) He just said all Filipinos should add him...

Glad to hear Filipino LAN Racer's are trying to organize. Although I'm State side in California I'm interested in hearing on whats going on back home let me know how it's coming together I might be able to helpout in some way. Good luck!
Check out my album: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=454&pictureid=5058

been a long long long long long long long time since I've last checked this thread..,

I know its old thread, but mga pinoys add mo ako :)

cge ba.., 👍

you can understand Filipino??

Incase any of GTPlanet were wondering i'm half English and half Filipeno :)

even if you're half, you're still one.., :)

Offtopic: I am full blooded Filipino but American born. Though I don't own GTP5P

WTF?! why didn't you say so?!

it's okay, I don't have a PS3 too..,

Glad to hear Filipino LAN Racer's are trying to organize. Although I'm State side in California I'm interested in hearing on whats going on back home let me know how it's coming together I might be able to helpout in some way. Good luck!
Check out my album: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=454&pictureid=5058

we're stuck in the "organizing" part, I doubt we'll be able to move on..,

Just want to pop in here, and say hope all Philippine members are OK given news of a recent Typhoon.👍

You'll never know. I'm going home to visit in 2010 I'll will look into it. Just keep checking back for updates.

I think its called Tagalog... atleast if I say Filipino, my GF usually ends up smacking me and saying its Tagalog... :D

Makes you wonder why GT didn't include the Philippine Flag nor the country for the game. :indiff:
Like in MW2? I have been rocking the flag ever since Day 1 ! To my belief that there isn't a Filipino Car company..now to my curiosity I am going to search for one.

Like in MW2? I have been rocking the flag ever since Day 1 ! To my belief that there isn't a Filipino Car company..now to my curiosity I am going to search for one.

picture.php

"Sarao" I think they closed shop thou.

Also the Tamaraw built with Toyota formerly "Delta Motors"

picture.php

Last edited:
picture.php

"Sarao" I think they closed shop thou.
Daniel Dingel

Daniel Dingel, a Filipino inventor, has been claiming since 1969 to have developed technology allowing water to be used as fuel. In 2000, Dingel entered into a business partnership with Formosa Plastics Group to further develop the technology. In 2008, Formosa Plastics successfully sued Dingel for fraud, with the 82-year-old Dingel being sentenced to 20 years imprisonment.[3]
Wow, but we only make jeepneys...sadly to say and it seems that most of them are parts from other car makers like Mitsubishi or Jeeps

Not few. Just not many in international competition.

The big problem is money. Given that our money is worth bupkis elsewhere, it's hard for a Philippine-trained driver to get enough in terms of local sponsorship money to go out racing.

Hell... most people can't even afford a car around here... racing? SCCA-style club racing may be a middle-class sport in the US, but here, it's reserved for the rich or the insane.

The last time Filipino drivers featured prominently in international competition was in the 60's and 70's, when the economy was actually at par or better than countries like Japan and Singapore. Nowadays, we hardly have the money to run a local touring car series, and attempts at open-seater series like Formula Ford, which help train drivers for more rigorous forms of racing, have yet to bear fruit.

There is some hope... there's a team featuring Gaby Dela Merced that makes the trek to the 25 Hours of Thunderhill every year, and they're doing pretty well in the series they've entered. Of course, the fact that they have a driver who's kind of cute helps in terms of the sponsorships...

That's all there is to it. Money. Without it, we won't even know whether there's a vast pool of untapped talent or if all Filipino racing drivers are hacks.

Not few. Just not many in international competition.

The big problem is money. Given that our money is worth bupkis elsewhere, it's hard for a Philippine-trained driver to get enough in terms of local sponsorship money to go out racing.

Hell... most people can't even afford a car around here... racing? SCCA-style club racing may be a middle-class sport in the US, but here, it's reserved for the rich or the insane.

The last time Filipino drivers featured prominently in international competition was in the 60's and 70's, when the economy was actually at par or better than countries like Japan and Singapore. Nowadays, we hardly have the money to run a local touring car series, and attempts at open-seater series like Formula Ford, which help train drivers for more rigorous forms of racing, have yet to bear fruit.

There is some hope... there's a team featuring Gaby Dela Merced that makes the trek to the 25 Hours of Thunderhill every year, and they're doing pretty well in the series they've entered. Of course, the fact that they have a driver who's kind of cute helps in terms of the sponsorships...

That's all there is to it. Money. Without it, we won't even know whether there's a vast pool of untapped talent or if all Filipino racing drivers are hacks.

Actually a past friend Jovi Marcelo who died trying to qualify for the INDY 500 his dad who also past away recently was a race car driver back in the day with P. Ramirez and Dante Silverio in the Philippines. But Jovi was regional champion in the Lights series here in California and tried his hand in Indy in the CART series. At the time he was competing in Indy Lights he actually beat out Jimmy Vasser by 4 points that season.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back