calling all Philippine GTP members..,

Actually a past friend Jovi Marcelo who died trying to qualify for the INDY 500 his dad who also past away recently was a race car driver back in the day with P. Ramirez and Dante Silverio in the Philippines. But Jovi was regional champion in the Lights series here in California and tried his hand in Indy in the CART series. At the time he was competing in Indy Lights he actually beat out Jimmy Vasser by 4 points that season.

Sad. Pocholo also passed away just a few years ago.

Actually proves my point... for a Filipino to compete at an international level, they have to leave their homeland and make a new life elsewhere. It's not like boxing, wherein promoters and trainers actively scout the Philippines for the "next big thing".

Here is the short list.

Jovi Marcelo
picture.php

His dad Eddie with Dante Silverio
picture.php

His dad Eddie with Pacholo Ramirez
picture.php

Our very first famous Filipino driver Arsenio Laurel
picture.php

Our up and coming

Michele Bumgarner
picture.php

Angelo Barretto
picture.php

Gaby Dela Merced
picture.php

Migs Paneda no photo.

Pretty cool we have two lady drivers. Hey if any of you guys and gals are members of GTplanet please identify yourselves by revealing your GTplanet ID

Last edited:
You wish. :lol:

I used to see Gaby's bro every now and then. He runs hillclimbs. Not a media icon like his sister, but he's a laid-back guy and seems to prefer to let her have the spotlight

You wish. :lol:

I used to see Gaby's bro every now and then. He runs hillclimbs. Not a media icon like his sister, but he's a laid-back guy and seems to prefer to let her have the spotlight

So what part of the Philippines do they have hillclimbs?

Around Luzon. There's a local series that started up two or three years ago. Only three to five stages per championship, so far, but they're fully FIA compliant and are looking to attract foreign runners and support. I think Jan (Gaby's bro) got second on the first season... don't know how he did last year.

binangonan, rizal here. But family brought me to socal when I was 5. marunong ako pag intende, pero kunwaring bata pa ang tagolog ko.

I also have a car that I race on the track, so I guess i'm a filipino race car driver lol! j/k

2moy0sy.jpg

30lgokh.jpg

here's my system just wating for my collector's edition gt5 (my playseats is packed away for now)

21afndc.jpg

33w48w2.jpg

Kamusta na mga kababayan! (Hey guys!),

I really need the GTPlanet communities help for a Motorsport Scholarship I was shortlisted for all the way here in New Zealand (It's for the NAC Motorsport Team)

Basically I made an application video that was meant to be "as entertaining and engaging as possible while presenting a profile of yourself." I was shortlisted for their scholarship on Friday.

The rest of the application process seems like a bit of a popularity shootout and since the funds aren't allocated until the voting process ends every vote counts.

Voting link is in the video.

Mind you it's all done on facebook and is a marketing activity for NAC Motorsport so it is designed to get them as much media attention as possible - Nonetheless it is far easier to give a few clicks than it is to give the tens of thousands of dollars required to compete in an entry level circuit racing series.

You're vote can really make a difference and as a Filipino who is trying to make their inroads from the world of virtual racing to reality (I was also a GT Academy National Finalist) I ask for your vote to help another gamer cross over from virtual to reality.

Kind regards and yours truly,
Luis

I really need the GTPlanet communities help for a Motorsport Scholarship I was shortlisted for all the way here in New Zealand (It's for the NAC Motorsport Team)

Basically I made an application video that was meant to be "as entertaining and engaging as possible while presenting a profile of yourself." I was shortlisted for their scholarship on Friday.

The rest of the application process seems like a bit of a popularity shootout and since the funds aren't allocated until the voting process ends every vote counts.

Mind you it's all done on facebook and is a marketing activity for NAC Motorsport so it is designed to get them as much media attention as possible - Nonetheless it is far easier to give a few clicks than it is to give the tens of thousands of dollars required to compete in an entry level circuit racing series.

You're vote can really make a difference and as a Filipino who is trying to make their inroads from the world of virtual racing to reality (I was also a GT Academy National Finalist) I ask for your vote to help another gamer cross over from virtual to reality.

Luis
Please don't advertise
putek ngayon ko lang nakita tong thread na ito. hahaha! taga pasig din ako paminsan minsan uwi ng san pablo, laguna. musta kayo, guys?! :D
English please.

Luis

Please don't advertise

Not advertising dude. Just asking fellow GTP members for some help 👍

Back