Calling all track designers, show off your work!

• Thread starter glassjaw
  • 1,273 comments
I prefer it as a redesign for Jerez because it makes it so short that the FIA wouldn't consider it for a third spanish grand prix!

I prefer it as a redesign for Jerez because it makes it so short that the FIA wouldn't consider it for a third spanish grand prix!

There's only one Spanish Grand Prix, and the European Grand Prix is currently under six feet of, ummmm, water. :dopey: Like me, except the water here's frozen. :lol:

First of all, FIA regulations state that the minimum circuit length for a Grand prix is 3.50km. Your circuit, on the other hand, is 3.69km, and so still long enough to host a race.

Secondly, Jerez is already banned from hosting Grands Prix. In 1997, the mayor of the town interrupted the podium ceremony and presented a trophy that was due to be handed out by someone else. For that incident, the circuit was banned from hosting races.

Thirdly, the FIA has no power to see additional races of the championship added to the calendar. That is Bernie Ecclestone's responsibility. He needs the FIA to approve any calendar changes, but the FIA itself does not have the power to add or remove races like this.

Finally, there is no evidence that Bernie is considering a thrid race in Spain. He did try to get Aragon as a replacement venue for Korea in 2010, but the circuit owners said no.

:rolleyes: When did this begin to mention Aragon and Korea? :dopey: I thought this was a "make your own track" thread, and people can make whatever sort of track they want, as long as it's not a track Deathman88 makes. Those tracks, not surprisingly, imply that death will occur.

Hi. My first try at this...

City of Aveiro (Portugal). Tell me what you think (see in full size) :)

Welcome! It's always nice to see a fresh take on tracks, and, unlike some, you offer a new perspective! :)

As for the layout itself, I really like the northern-most layout. It looks technical on one side, but still seems to have a flow. Were you influenced by Bathurst?

As for the remainder of the track, it's a good start. I think, given the street circuit nature of it, you're putting the pre-existing streets to good use. But, that doesn't mean you can't imagine what it'd be like if there were more streets. 💡

How to make a primo racing circuit or course.

Step 1: Obtain DNA micrograph.
Step 2: Pick any strand or loop.
Step 3: Pave the template.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: PROFIT!

f6mx8BE.jpg

XMp2uIL.jpg

Foqm253.png

hybM5mZ.jpg

ScgIkGb.jpg

Nice track you have there mate! But unfortunately Zanardi has no longer racing in the WTCC. I think he's now in the Superstar V8 Series...

SNIP

Nice racetrack man! I have to say something: you're a better racetrack designer than Hermann Tilke 👍 plzz keep design racetracks! :) I want to see more racetrack of you!

Secondly, Jerez is already banned from hosting Grands Prix. In 1997, the mayor of the town interrupted the podium ceremony and presented a trophy that was due to be handed out by someone else. For that incident, the circuit was banned from hosting races.

Isn't that only temporary, though? :confused:

Hi Guys, I like to use Google Earth to design street circuits, Here is my first one:

It is has been designed in the capital city of Armenia: Yerevan, and is 13 miles in length. it features 37 corners, a crossover, and the start/finish line is just above the crossover. The long extended corner at the top of the circuit can be taken flat out:

Last edited by a moderator:
With the news that the FIA GT Series will hold its final round in Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan, here is an idea of what the circuit could look like:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5953166

EDIT - Actually, re-reading the article, it says that the circuit will be closer to four kilometres long, so here's a slight re-design:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5953167

Won't they use last years circuit for the city challenge?
images

EDIT:I have just read the article and it isn't being used.

Last edited:
Made my first Track in paint

B6EvfKk.png

I loosely based it off of a track called Somer's Raceway from ATV Offroad Fury.

I haven't decided an official name for it yet so for now it's called Somer's Raceway.

For an idea of the elevation of this course look to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zUB4Cc1afc

Obviously the changes wont be as sharp but you get the idea.

Woohoo! So happy that this thread is on the home page! Track doodlers are finally getting the recognition they deserve! :sly: May the best man (preferably a GTP-er) win!

I often draw my tracks on paper but I don't really know how to take it from my SD Card to USB to GTPlanet?

take a picture or scan in, to your PC, upload it to a picture plattform, such as photobucket etc, copy the link and paste it here.
You're welcome

I have asked my friends what kind of track they would like to see on GT5 or GT6 and they have replied back to me that they would like a Drag Track with lights. So I have come up with this Concept.

photo.php

Back