Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
1. StigsHero/BrandonW77
2. Menown/Freakyweakywoo (tentative yes, daughter permitting )
3.torzilla/torzilla
4. MULE_9242/MÜLE_9242
5. Johnnypenso/Yuri (most likely barring an emerg at work)

That's great news Mule!!

I've recently found that I do a little better without the chassis reinforcement so I'd say try it without first and if you're not happy then you can add it. It can't be undone but it's fairly cheap to buy and RM another Cappy if you don't like it.

1. StigsHero/BrandonW77
2. Menown/Freakyweakywoo (tentative yes, daughter permitting )
3.torzilla/torzilla
4. MULE_9242/MÜLE_9242
5. Johnnypenso/Yuri (most likely barring an emerg at work)
6. BrosifDuder

StigsHero
I'm getting ready to open my lounge, bring your Capp's on out to Grand Valley!

Sorry about spinning in front of you when you were lapping me... I was so worried about getting out of your way that I did more harm than good...

Someone mentioned after the race I slowed someone down while getting lapped. Apologies to whoever that was, I didn't realize there was so many of you in that clump, I thought it was one guy.

Sorry about spinning in front of you when you were lapping me... I was so worried about getting out of your way that I did more harm than good...

No worries, I saw that you were trying to get out of the way but looked like you touched the sand and got a little loose so I kinda knew what was coming. You didn't really slow me down at all and I was able to hold on to a hard-earned 5th place finish.

Congratulations to Wardez on another victory, sounded like it was a close battle until the end! Tip of the hat to everyone, I saw a lot of smart driving tonight and I think the race was relatively incident free. Personally, I had a blast going nose to nose with Chrisrules for about a dozen laps and the only contact was when we were bump drafting. 👍 and :cheers: to all!

imageliv.jpg

My race was going really well. Moved up from 13th to 7th.

Then I slide and almost crashed on the run up to that really tight turn mid-way through the track.

Then I forgot to brake for the 2nd last turn.

Then I forgot to brake for the 2nd last turn again.

Then I forgot to brake for the 2nd last turn again.

I wasn't having very much fun anymore, so I just left to give you guys some more bandwidth.

It was really fun and the hardest challenge of my past races.

I was psyched that Brosif, Yuri, and I were staying so tight together, we were really moving through the course like a freight train.

I was worried about staying up front for so long 'cause I knew my tires were only going to be in bad shape toward the end of the race and Brosif's would be a lot better off with him running in my draft so I was clenching my wheel hard as the last few laps came up.

It was tough trying to stay consistent and even harder so for someone following in the draft so Brosif had a few close calls sometimes when I took a wide exit. There was a point around lap 21 or so that he hit the wall after the first turn and I thought I had it. I was slightly pulling away but then I hit traffic and couldn't get around it as best as I should have so he caught up. Then it really came down to it but he had a small off in the super-sticky bunker trap coming out the second to last turn.

Tonights race was great, I qualified better than I expected and finished worse than I wanted. But I had a lot of fun in the process. Can someone tell me how to download the track for the next race, Im not very good with these types of things.
thanks
Tor

Can someone tell me how to download the trackforthe next race, Im not very good with these types of things. thanks

From one new Jerseyian to another, go to community and click on lancer 's Brandon 's name then go down to the custom track button on the bottom left hand side of the screen and their tracks should pop up and just dl them

Tonights race was great, I qualified better than I expected and finished worse than I wanted. But I had a lot of fun in the process. Can someone tell me how to download the track for the next race, Im not very good with these types of things.
thanks
Tor

Actually we're not going to be doing that track for Round 4 now, I've moved Clubman up one place in the schedule and for Round 5 we are going to do a custom oval track instead of the other 3 that were presented. We did a quick race on one of my custom .75 mile ovals last night that I think is a good candidate. It's very high-speed but each corner is slightly different. I have 1 or 2 more like that and I'd like to give each of them a go with a group of drivers over the next few days.

I've updated the OP with the schedule changes and we'll figure out which oval track to use by the end of this weekend. Being an oval it shouldn't take people too long to learn the track and be competitive, I'll have it shared for download Sunday and will be available through Round 5. A couple hours before Friday's race we should get together to do some test races on the various ovals, maybe 7 or 8pm EDT before I open up Grand Valley East for practice. I might be free tonight or tomorrow as well so maybe we can do some testing then. Stay tuned.

It was really fun and the hardest challenge of my past races.

I was psyched that Brosif, Yuri, and I were staying so tight together, we were really moving through the course like a freight train.

I was worried about staying up front for so long 'cause I knew my tires were only going to be in bad shape toward the end of the race and Brosif's would be a lot better off with him running in my draft so I was clenching my wheel hard as the last few laps came up.

It was tough trying to stay consistent and even harder so for someone following in the draft so Brosif had a few close calls sometimes when I took a wide exit. There was a point around lap 21 or so that he hit the wall after the first turn and I thought I had it. I was slightly pulling away but then I hit traffic and couldn't get around it as best as I should have so he caught up. Then it really came down to it but he had a small off in the super-sticky bunker trap coming out the second to last turn.

Congrats again, duderino, on the win. We had a solid race going with Yuri in the mix but I made a small mistake on the penultimate lap which resulted in me getting sucked into China beach. Looks like I will have to show up to Friday or Saturday's race to try and get a better points paying finish. :)

There was a point around lap 21 or so that he hit the wall after the first turn and I thought I had it. I was slightly pulling away but then I hit traffic and couldn't get around it as best as I should have so he caught up. Then it really came down to it but he had a small off in the super-sticky bunker trap coming out the second to last turn.

That was me I think, I figured you would pass me on the main straight, but instead I was introduced to bump drafting :) I planned to yield on the hairpin, but with the extra speed it was all I could do to break in time and get round the corner. I wanted to let you past on the run up the hill, but that didn't go well, I ended up running on the grass and letting you pass, so it wasn't really ideal for either of us.

I'll find my mic for friday so I can communicate to the leaders which side to pass on.

In the end you won and I maintained my spot, so no harm done

I had a nice little back and forth with CAMikaze, until he got taken out by someone rejoining after a spin post-hairpin.

That was me I think, I figured you would pass me on the main straight, but instead I was introduced to bump drafting :) I planned to yield on the hairpin, but with the extra speed it was all I could do to break in time and get round the corner. I wanted to let you past on the run up the hill, but that didn't go well, I ended up running on the grass and letting you pass, so it wasn't really ideal for either of us.

I'll find my mic for friday so I can communicate to the leaders which side to pass on.

In the end you won and I maintained my spot, so no harm done

I had a nice little back and forth with CAMikaze, until he got taken out by someone rejoining after a spin post-hairpin.

Welcome to the Capp Cup! lol Bump drafting has become a critical part of this series since it can allow you to make up ground. If done correctly you could gain .5-1 second per lap, with cars like this that suffer greatly from any loss of momentum bump drafting comes in quite handy. It is a learned art though, as you found out by having more speed going into the corner than your used to. This is something both the lead driver and drafter driver have to be aware of and prepare for in order to avoid incidents. It sounds like you did your best to be aware of and stay out of Wardez's way so 👍. You'll only get better at it with time. Heck, even I'm still learning the fine nuances of bump drafting, but I'm getting better all the time. I'd have some major speed going into turn 1 after a good draft down that front stretch, took a bit of preparing and adjusting to stay out of the sand!

You're not kidding, I glanced down and saw 133 mph!! it may have been higher in the end, but I had to look back at the road. At the end of the race virtually every car had front end damage and scuffed rear bumpers :sly:

14 cars on track going into the first hairpin was amazing. I'm having a blast, thanks for running this, seriously.

14 cars on track going into the first hairpin was amazing. I'm having a blast, thanks for running this, seriously.

Thanks for the compliment. Last night was one of the best races I've experienced with the series so far, I think everyone got through the tricky turns on the first lap successfully which is something we should all be proud of! There's just something awesome about seeing a swarm of Capp's barreling towards the first turn that always gets my adrenaline pumping! I'm going to have to jump into photo mode and get some shots of that first turn and the hairpin going into the tunnel on the first lap. Great stuff! :sly:

Last edited:
I've updated the 2nd and 3rd posts with last nights results and the current points standings.

Turns out I might be around tonight so if anybody's going to be online and would like to test out some oval's with me let me know and we'll get a room open. Probably sometime after 6pm EDT.

I'll be online tonight between 5-7pm EDT to test out some oval candidates for Round 5. If anybody wants to join in, feel free.

ill have a go if i knew what time that was UK wise...
Edit: its 9-11pm ill be there :D

ill have a go if i knew what time that was UK wise...
Edit: its 9-11pm ill be there :D

Yep, I'm GMT-4 so that should be 9-11 your time. Nothing fancy, just going to do some runs around various ovals. If we can get a few people we'll do some short races to see which one produces the best action. 👍

Something's come up and I'm not going to be able to have a practice lounge tonight. I will open the room a couple hours early tomorrow night so we can play around on some ovals before Grand Valley practice.

I whipped up a few ovals last night and I think I've got some you're going to like Brandon. From smaller ovals on Tokyo Bay to larger Eifel Kart ovals that are really big and fast without any sharp corners, to full size Eifel Circuit and Toscana ovals, some with a lowest speed of 200 km/h! All the Kart and Toscana ovals are left handed too. Unfortunately on the Eifel Circuit everything is right handed.

Hope to be around tomorrow night early to give them a spin.

Sounds like a plan Johnny. I should have my lounge open around 8pm EDT this evening so we can test out some oval tracks and find a good candidate for Round 5. Nothing official, no points but probably lots of short fun races where we chase our tails for 5 or 10 laps. :dopey:

Last edited:
I uploaded some pictures (a lot of pictures) if anyone cares :)

Linky Linky

Very nice shots! I plan on spending some time in Photo Mode this weekend with the Cappy's. :) You have great depth of field in those photos, if I had any advice to give it would be to try slowing your shutter speed just a tad to create the motion effect. Doesn't always work out right, and you're look great as they are so don't take that as negative criticism. I used to be a semi-professional race photographer so I'm just trying to share a little info. :)

Back