Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
I feel for you man. I have the wife take the baby monitor away while I'm racing. I didn't realize how much concentration these little things require.

I've updated the results and points standings in the 2nd and 3rd posts. We've had 30 people race with us this season! See everyone Tuesday at Clubman Stage!

Nothing to do with Capp's, but I don't care. Just finished watching NASCAR at Indy, homegrown Indiana boy just took the trophy at one of the worlds most prestigious tracks! Way ta go Paul!

Mudd
Nothing to do with Capp's, but I don't care. Just finished watching NASCAR at Indy, homegrown Indiana boy just took the trophy at one of the worlds most prestigious tracks! Way ta go Paul!

👍 I fell asleep with about 20 laps to go. :lol:

This is the week I had planned for the "All-Star Races" since I will be out of town. Turns out I will be around Friday night now, but not Saturday.

So, we can either do the All-Star idea (2 8-10 lap races at Monza each night, back-to-back, Race Hard tires, second race starts reverse order of first race results) or we can continue with the normally scheduled Clubman races and I'll find a volunteer to host Saturday's race. I'm not dead set on Monza, just thought that would be a fun one to do. If we do the All-Star idea it would not be for regular championship points, but the winner of each night would get a prize car. The regular championship would start back up next week at Clubman.

Thoughts?

This is the week I had planned for the "All-Star Races" since I will be out of town. Turns out I will be around Friday night now, but not Saturday.

So, we can either do the All-Star idea (2 8-10 lap races at Monza each night, back-to-back, Race Hard tires, second race starts reverse order of first race results) or we can continue with the normally scheduled Clubman races and I'll find a volunteer to host Saturday's race. I'm not dead set on Monza, just thought that would be a fun one to do. If we do the All-Star idea it would not be for regular championship points, but the winner of each night would get a prize car. The regular championship would start back up next week at Clubman.

Thoughts?

I'll jump in first and say I'd like to do the all-star races. Two shorter races appeals to me especially as it would just be for the craic. And I need the practise!

I'm fine with either. Since it's likely that I'm missing Friday&Saturday - I'd appreciate a quick decision. Need to know if I need to spend some time tuning for Clubman on Tuesday or not.

I'm fine with either. Since it's likely that I'm missing Friday&Saturday - I'd appreciate a quick decision. Need to know if I need to spend some time tuning for Clubman on Tuesday or not.

Sounds like we'll be heading to Monza (with chicanes) for a little break from the normal routine. I'll post a more detailed outline of the event later today. The main change to remember when you're practicing (online, of course) is that this week's All-Star events will be run on Race Hard tires as opposed to the Sport Soft that we normally run.

I'll be on this evening (around 6pm EDT) to do some practicing, if we can get 5 or 6 people to join in we can run a mock-event to see how things will go. Should be pretty straightforward, but I always like to test things first. 👍

I am up for an All-Star race as well but if I can add my 1.92 cents Canadian, I'd rather do Monza without the first chicane. I don't like chicanes to begin with and the track is so much more fun, I think, if you can go flat out through that first section with the huge draft you'll get.

.....if I can add my 1.92 cents Canadian, I'd rather do Monza without the first chicane. I don't like chicanes to begin with and the track is so much more fun, I think, if you can go flat out through that first section with the huge draft you'll get.

I'm willing to try it out, I think I've only ever run Monza without the chicane once. I would think it would lead to excessive drafting which would then lead to major incidents, but I can't say without experience. We can try it both ways tonight if anybody else can make it.

I am up for an All-Star race as well but if I can add my 1.92 cents Canadian, I'd rather do Monza without the first chicane. I don't like chicanes to begin with and the track is so much more fun, I think, if you can go flat out through that first section with the huge draft you'll get.
The longer the first straight, the bigger the mess in the first corner ;)

I can come today for practice. Better announce this before hand: green pavement in the chicanes is not part of track, right?

Better announce this before hand: green pavement in the chicanes is not part of track, right?

We will use the same rules they do in real-life. A little bit of green is ok but blatant, repeated use of all 4 tires on the green is highly :grumpy: upon. A good rule of thumb, if you saw somebody else do it and would consider it cheating, then don't do it. :)

So yeah, consider the green pavement as NOT part of the track but don't worry if you get an extra tire on it from time to time. Is that vague enough? lol

We will use the same rules they do in real-life. A little bit of green is ok but blatant, repeated use of all 4 tires on the green is highly :grumpy: upon. A good rule of thumb, if you saw somebody else do it and would consider it cheating, then don't do it. :)

So yeah, consider the green pavement as NOT part of the track but don't worry if you get an extra tire on it from time to time. Is that vague enough? lol

It's just a fun race so why don't we just let everyone run over the curbs. No need to police anything or worry about who's cutting and who isn't.

The longer the first straight, the bigger the mess in the first corner ;)

I humbly disagree, especially here. Of all the many races I've run, I'd have to say Monza with the first chicane is about the worst for first lap incidents, especially if we can't use the curbs. Everyone in this series is pretty courteous as far as contact goes but sometimes it's hard to avoid at Monza.

Barring unforseen circumstance I'll be around tonight for some testing.

I agree on both counts. The first chicane at Monza is the most difficult chicane in the game, but also one of the cornerstones of the track (imo). We will try out both versions this evening and see which one results in less carnage. :)

Brandon,

Is the "All-Star" race format this week (Two 8-10 lap races each night, back-to-back, race Hard tires, second race starts reverse order of first race results) what you're considering possibly for next season?

Brandon,

Is the "All-Star" race format this week (Two 8-10 lap races each night, back-to-back, race Hard tires, second race starts reverse order of first race results) what you're considering possibly for next season?

Yep. I think it's an interesting format and provides many advantages to all drivers. But things aren't always as they seem on paper, so I thought this would be a good way to test it out and still have plenty of time to decide if it's a good format or not.

BTW, both races are not mandatory, so if somebody has time constraints they can run in the first of the back-to-back races but pull out for the second. This would obviously have an effect on their points, but there might be ways to balance it out.

I agree on both counts. The first chicane at Monza is the most difficult chicane in the game, but also one of the cornerstones of the track (imo). We will try out both versions this evening and see which one results in less carnage. :)
Full damage=ON, and everyone will be extra-careful in either version ;)

haha! Good in theory, but in practice it means everyone will be heading to the pits after the first lap. :lol:
In the first race, yes. In the second - no, just whoever came in late to miss the first one and the people they crashed into :)

StigsHero
haha! Good in theory, but in practice it means everyone will be heading to the pits after the first lap. :lol:

...I'm picturing 16 Capp's limping around that very long track with catastrophic damage...

Im in another series right now that runs 2 shorter races with reverse grid start of the second, as opposed to 1 longer race, and it always works out fine. Its cool becuase if there is a wreck or something happens to you in the first race your not stuck chasing for the next 20 laps, personally I like it better than 1 longer race. On another not what is up for tueday night if we do the all star race this weekend? Is it still on or postponed?
carry on
Tor

On another not what is up for tueday night if we do the all star race this weekend? Is it still on or postponed?
carry on
Tor

We will still be sticking to the regular schedule of Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at the normal times. Just a slightly different format this week, not for championship points.

I only ever use the weather change version, I guess it's way over on the right side with the other fuji and stuff.

I like chicanes, so no loss. I'm just surprised I missed it totally.

I'm opening my lounge now, in case anyone wants to investigate the chicane area. ;)

Edit: Confirmed-146mph at the end of the non-chicane straight (with draft).

Last edited:
Ok, here's the plan for tomorrow night. We will do 2 races each night, 9 laps each. The second race will start with the reverse order of the first race results. We will do 1 group to qualify for the first race, 15 minutes. All restrictions will be the same except we will be using Race Hard tires. Each race will pay full points but they will not go towards the Championship. They will be added together to decide the Champion for the night, who will receive a prize car of their choice worth up to $999,999 Cr's. The track will be Monza with no chicanes.

Last edited:
Back