Cappuccino Cup Racing Series :: SEASON 2 PODIUM: Wardez, WiiFreak, dsgerbc/dmanaenk!!

• Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 838 comments
Who's planning on coming out to Grand Valley tonight? This track gets my vote for Best Cappuccino Cup Track Ever! :)

Grand Valley's a great track for any racin! I'll be there!

I'll be there tonight.

When do you plan on opening the room?

Room is open now. Gonna play around on ovals for a bit before going to GVE.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Wiifreak on tonight's victory. This was a heck of a race on my end, while fighting for 4th on the opening lap I got caught up in an incident, spun and ended up last. Fought my way back to 5th and was closing on Mule, hoping we could bump draft our way to the leaders. He hung a tire in the beach on the last turn and I slid by to take 4th place and lose my drafting partner. On lap 17 I had a lapse of concentration, bumped a wall, spun, grabbed a gear and kept going. I only lost 5 seconds but it allowed Mule to close in on me. I was able to keep him out of my draft for the next 7 laps and brought my battered Cappy home in 4th place. Good stuff.

Next race tomorrow at 3:00pm EDT

imagebxr.jpg

Had fun tonight and looking foward to more. Need to work on my tune though, because it would not go. The car corners good but lacks in straight speed, need to fix that.

Had fun tonight and looking foward to more. Need to work on my tune though, because it would not go. The car corners good but lacks in straight speed, need to fix that.

When are you shifting?

That's a seriously impressive finishing time - Average laptime is in the 1.13s! Best I can manage in online practise is a high 1.14. Looks like it will be a good learning experience for me in tonight's race. Really looking forward to getting onto the track with you all.

Congrats Wiifreak on the victory. I bobbled it in the esses on the last lap otherwise we would have had a drag race to the finish. My front tires were crap by the end..even the right front which shouldn't be in bad shape given there's only one hard left turn. Wonder if it has anything to do with excessive camber angles? Only 1 second difference between Tuesday and Friday...can't get much closer than that...lol.

Just a reminder for the new guys struggling with high lap times...this car does not work well with automatic transmission. It shifts way too high after the power curve has dropped off dramatically. I'd be surprised if at GVE you could get much below 1:15 with the auto transmission. Switch to manual and you'll easily shave time, even if you struggle with shifting once in a while. If there's a track to learn on this is it because you can run around in 4th and 5th much of the track if you want to.

Just a reminder for the new guys struggling with high lap times...this car does not work well with automatic transmission. It shifts way too high after the power curve has dropped off dramatically. I'd be surprised if at GVE you could get much below 1:15 with the auto transmission. Switch to manual and you'll easily shave time, even if you struggle with shifting once in a while. If there's a track to learn on this is it because you can run around in 4th and 5th much of the track if you want to.

I've always had my capp with a manual gearbox so I really feel i'm missing out on something with this track. Shifting is done at 8000 rpm or before. Icve been away for a few weeks so I've only been able to practise on my own :(

With my setup, I can attack the kerbs before the tunnel but I have to stay clear of the kerbs on the first corner. Very puzzled at that!

Any hints and tips are very welcome, even at this late stage.

I'm running manual as well, shifting before 8k, I just always struggle with the corner before the long straights on every track. I'm also not consistent, when I approach a corner, I'm never totally sure how it is going to work out. I think I could have held 6th last night even though I think aceboy had more talent, but my fronts were struggling and I ended up off track a lot. Had to really back my pace off.

Apart from shifting at 8k - make sure (by adjusting max speed) you're reaching top speed in 5th not waay over 8k. On Clean laps on GVE I occasionally see 126 at the end of the straight and 119 when crossing the finish line, if your maxspeed is set too low, you can shift at 8k, but never reach those speeds due to rpms in 5th gear going too high.

Last edited:
so for conformation the race tonight is 7pm GMT but is that 8pm BST? (im at a BBQ tonight so i need to know lol)

RDAardvark
Any hints and tips are very welcome, even at this late stage.

I try to stay off the kerbs in both of the turns you described. Touching those kerbs causes snap oversteer and I find it scrubs off too much speed. Braking for T1 starts no later than the 75 meter mark and is the only hard braking section on the track. The turn out of the tunnel can be taken with just a slight lift. Your exit speed from the last turn should be at least 80 mph. The two turns leading up to the tunnel are critical and you must not push too deep into the right-hander as it will ruin your entry into the left-hander.

so for conformation the race tonight is 7pm GMT but is that 8pm BST? (im at a BBQ tonight so i need to know lol)

I know that I'm 5 hours behind you guys in the UK, so that should be right.

EST (Winter) is GMT -5, and EDT (summer) is GMT -4

MÜLE_9242
I know that I'm 5 hours behind you guys in the UK, so that should be right.

EST (Winter) is GMT -5, and EDT (summer) is GMT -4

And British Summer Time (BST) is GMT+1 so, yes, race time is 8:00 PM in your neck of the woods.

thanks lol should help me then ill get back from the BBQ at 7pm-7:30pm so hopefully enough time to get settled in with the capps (my best lap so far has been a 1:13.2 on a perfect lap near as anyway)

I try to stay off the kerbs in both of the turns you described. Touching those kerbs causes snap oversteer and I find it scrubs off too much speed. Braking for T1 starts no later than the 75 meter mark and is the only hard braking section on the track. The turn out of the tunnel can be taken with just a slight lift. Your exit speed from the last turn should be at least 80 mph. The two turns leading up to the tunnel are critical and you must not push too deep into the right-hander as it will ruin your entry into the left-hander.

Once again Brosif, many thanks for the advice. :bowdown:
That's what I love about this racing group: People are willing to help others out.

I've been on track again and think I could get into the low 1.14's but i'm not consistent enough. Need to tweak my brake balance as the car is getting tail happy in the first corner, but your tips have certainly helped and I'm staying off those kerbs at the tunnel now: you have to be ultra precise if you want to use them, otherwise it's round you go! Hopefully I can put a few decent laps together tonight and at least put up a bit of competition.

See you on the track!

My lounge is open for practice, qualifying will start at 3pm EDT sharp.

Last edited:
back from the BBQ there must have been something in the food i feel slightly sick but meh it wont stop me ;)

Edit: Sent a friends request Brandon as i cant get into your lounge unless i have you added i believe.

well i guess today wasnt my day. girlfriends always find the perfect time to call, hdmi signal got lost on lap 2 for about 3 seconds and then i got dc'd. maybe next time :/

i had a great race (besides GT5 deciding me and Dsg should dissapear on each others screens while we were having a nice little battle for 3rd) i came 4th pretty pleased with that. Well done Brosif on winning and great drives back through the field Dsg and Yuri after their offs.:)

I look forward to SS5 next week as this is a great series with great drivers :D

Had a real fun race today. It was great to battle for for a podium position for a while even if I didn't get it. Congrats Brosif, this is going to be a very close battle for the points championship! :)

imageumx.jpg

Really frustrating race tonight, especially as I've been looking forward to this for over two weeks while away on holiday. Two interruptions from a four-year old who should have been asleep ensured I lost my concentration and pretty quickly ruined my race. Hope I didn't spoil anyone else's. Next week, the door will be locked and barricaded!

Back