Captain Trips' Videos(UPDATED 08\08)

Captain Trips
Psh, i can tok intelajent like him, he am teh intelagent persun. i leik him. :dunce:
i dont know if you are just playing or what, but that made you look like a ignorant douche.
have a happy day.
Captain Trips
The word is "Appropiate". PRATICE your spelling! :sly:
oh and PRATICE POSTING IN THE RIGHT FORUM!
BTW, this isnt ****ing english class. im sure people know what i was trying to say when i misspell ONE word!! now have a good day and GFY. -!- o_o -!-

Suzuki
i dont know if you are just playing or what, but that made you look like a ignorant douche.
have a happy day.

oh and PRATICE POSTING IN THE RIGHT FORUM!
BTW, this isnt ****ing english class. im sure people know what i was trying to say when i misspell ONE word!! now have a good day and GFY. -!- o_o -!-

Wow, someone's a bit insecure. :indiff:

Ryosuke_Gumna
Downloading... I can't wait.

EDIT: Overall, the drift are good. The exit corner before the long straightway is very good.

Oh snap! Ryosuke himself thinks it's good! I feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Thanks guys, for not stomping all over my first video. :dopey:

yes, like Ryosuke said - that last turn prior to the straight was your strongest. Good use of the entire surface.

Two things I think you should look to improve on:

First, it seems like you should work a bit more on making use of the entire track width and extending your drifts. IMO, a longer out-in-out drift with a little less angle is more impressive than a brief drift with very high angle.
...of course, even better if you can keep that same angle and use the full track :)
Pick up the pace a it, do whatever you need to do.

Secondly, linking. This comes second for a reason - you need to have the really long fluid drifts to do it at TM. Try stringing together low angle drifts on the first 3 kinks, and also see if you can link those other 2 prior to the downhill right. The turns are there so might as well use them. The lap will just look more polished if you attempt every turn.

btw, thanks for the thanks :sly:

Well, I've only JUST started drifting with a 900 degree DFP, so cut me a lil slack, eh? But I'll work on that. Thanks for helping out! And I'm glad you like the thanks!

TankSpanker
Secondly, linking. This comes second for a reason - you need to have the really long fluid drifts to do it at TM. Try stringing together low angle drifts on the first 3 kinks, and also see if you can link those other 2 prior to the downhill right. The turns are there so might as well use them. The lap will just look more polished if you attempt every turn.

btw, thanks for the thanks :sly:

Well, to link those corners would be the end of the advice, because if you can do that, plus the other linking part on it (after the straight *not pitlane* but after the straight)
I think those first 3 corners are pretty difficult to link, don't see it as a priority, thats just a good bonus if you can do that.....THOSE FIRST 3 CORNERS THEN...you should be able to link normal corners offcourse:tup:

First 3 corners is just nice to be able to link em, try it, but don't feel forced mate, it's about fun:tup: (BTW TS, I'm not saying your pushing him too far or something:sly: )

Not bad. Worth the download. I agree with Tankspanker though about using the whole road and extending your drifts. Seemed very brief and jerky between drifts.

SRV2LOW4ME
Not bad. Worth the download. I agree with Tankspanker though about using the whole road and extending your drifts. Seemed very brief and jerky between drifts.

Long drifts are not things I have mastered yet. :( :(

Forgive the stupid noob question but how did you get the hood black? I thought GT4 didn't have custom paint options for cars. Or did you purchase the car with those colors? Awesome video and song choice (one of my favorite songs by Ayu), I really enjoyed it.

Gray Fox
Forgive the stupid noob question but how did you get the hood black? I thought GT4 didn't have custom paint options for cars. Or did you purchase the car with those colors? Awesome video and song choice (one of my favorite songs by Ayu), I really enjoyed it.

That car comes with the hood like that. it's the Shuichi Shigeno edition of the Toyota Sprinter TRUENO GT-Apex (AE86). It can be found in the same place you can find the reg Trueno. Thanks for the compliments. And yes, I also love that Ayumi song.

I've only watched the first vid,

Congrats, over all it was pretty good
But to me they're seems to be a lack of speed overall, i believe this is due to such high angles which also limits you on keeping it sideways on longer corners. They're are also lot's more corners you can try on Trial Mountain which would make the vid more exciting 👍. What you did have, is even countersteer which is a great skill to obtain.
I rate a 6.5-7/10

Sorry to be harsh but that's what i believe.

DRIFTN
But to me they're seems to be a lack of speed overall, i believe this is due to such high angles which also limits you on keeping it sideways on longer corners. They're are also lot's more corners you can try on Trial Mountain which would make the vid more exciting 👍. What you did have, is even countersteer which is a great skill to obtain.
I rate a 6.5-7/10

Sorry to be harsh but that's what i believe.

It ok, me=drift noob :crazy:

Captain Trips
It ok, me=drift noob :crazy:
No actually, your far from it. i critisize the more skilled drivers that i do the noobs. You have so much potential. just practice and you'll be up there witht he big guys soon enough.

I can't stand drifting with a Trueno. It's pretty good considering the car, but you still need some practice on the track :) Try a few different lines, cutting more drastically in towards the insides of the corners. And work on hitting that left-hander right after the second tunnel, and it's one of the best corners on DF if you can nail it right :) Like I said, I can't stand a Trueno, so overall it's pretty good :) Looks like you just need some practice at the track, and try to make your drifts last longer. You should be able to connect all of the corners between the hill after the first U-turn and the first tunnel :) Pretty good overall though, but Deep Forest can be run much more dramatically with enough practice :)

Back