Car Crashes!

Yeah when I googled Hilux it didn't look like that so maybe a saltwater bath would not kill it. I mean new electronically controlled vehicles. There are so many more electric connections on a newer truck that I really don't think they would stand up as well. Not to mention they went in the water running, or at least with the ignition on, not parked.

That old Toyota there is impressive though. Still even if the truck is not "Dead" the insurance company is going to write it off.

Edit: This is the truck I thought you were talking about, I guess it's an American version of a Hilux? This is the kind of truck I could not find the submerged pictures of.
2007ToyotaTacomaPreRunner01.jpg

Last edited:
LSX
Yeah when I googled Hilux it didn't look like that so maybe a saltwater bath would not kill it. I mean new electronically controlled vehicles. There are so many more electric connections on a newer truck that I really don't think they would stand up as well. Not to mention they went in the water running, or at least with the ignition on, not parked.

That old Toyota there is impressive though. Still even if the truck is not "Dead" the insurance company is going to write it off.

Edit: This is the truck I thought you were talking about, I guess it's an American version of a Hilux? This is the kind of truck I could not find the submerged pictures of.
2007ToyotaTacomaPreRunner01.jpg

I thought Hiluxes were only in Australia, nice utes they are. We had a dual cab, then went to Holden. :)

LSX
I like the Aussie grill on that truck more than the US version.

Oh yeah, the Aussie version is a ute, not a truck. ;)

The Tacoma and Hilux are totally seperate vehicles. The only similarities are that they are both trucks made by Toyota.

Not sure what year that truck is but if it is pre-1995 than it was sold here as just Toyota Truck(but was a Hilux). Tacoma was introduced in 1995 and has an entirely different chassis as well as engineering.

Not sure what year that truck is but if it is pre-1995 than it was sold here as just Toyota Truck(but was a Hilux). Tacoma was introduced in 1995 and has an entirely different chassis as well as engineering.

And also post-1986 had differences due to suspension and engine options. Well, they looked similar, I had never even heard of a Hilux before, so I had based it off the looks alone. The blue Tacoma is 2005+

I saw this one live, I thought he was a goner for sure, but he survived with minor injuries.

A few years ago CART was at Laguna Seca. The race looked like they were making a remake of 'Driven'

Servia flips 20 feet straight up in the air

Patrick Carpentier clears a catch fence in the same race

I saw this one live, I thought he was a goner for sure, but he survived with minor injuries.

I had seen this the same. It was a horrible accident, I think about something like this or Carl Edwards wreck whenever I'm at Daytona. Thankfully, the catch fences are being raised to 22 feet from 14, fans were also injured from this accident as well. Minor injuries? He barely made it out with his life! he was hospitalized for months with many broken bones, concussion and burns. Wow that was a bad accident.

That Craig Lowndes flip didn't look too good, landing on the concrete barrier. It's nice to see the other drivers hopping out and running to make sure he's alright though. You'd never see that in Nascar.

Last edited:
LSX
That Craig Lowndes flip didn't look too good, landing on the concrete barrier. It's nice to see the other drivers hopping out and running to make sure he's alright though. You'd never see that in Nascar.

Yeah, i take it he was ok cause he's still one of the best V8 Supercar drivers around. 👍

LSX
That Toyota Hilux looks to be the same as our Toyota Tacoma.
That same boat ramp that the blue F-150 is submerged at also claimed a Tacoma, I just could not find the pictures. Once the salt water gets to the ECU or any electronic connection it's game over. I don't doubt that Hilux is hard to kill, but saltwater is one of those things that will kill most anything given time, if it's unsealed electrical equipment then almost instantly.

Ever see the American Top Gear episode where they filled a 1994 GM station wagon to the brim with water and drove it to Detroit with no electronics?

I was there (At Brands, not on that post).
It was a proper :scared: moment.

Yeah, that marshals foot was only centimeters from the rolling car. Proper cringy moment. Only dread to think what could have happened.

Scary yet quite weird and funny at the same time.

Little known fact here, that crash was because that was one of the first cars to use carbon fibre uprights, and therefore had teething problems.

Little known fact here, that crash was because that was one of the first cars to use carbon fibre uprights, and therefore had teething problems.

Funny thing i see in that is how he steers hard right before the crash.
No front wheels and he still does it.

Last edited:
Back