Car Damage in Gran Turismo 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter danielwhite74
  • 11 comments
  • 1,834 views

What is your opinion regarding the implementation of damage in Gran Turismo 5?

  • Excellent, they should have done this years ago.

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I agree with the concept, but from what I have seen the damage system is sub-par.

    Votes: 11 57.9%
  • I strongly disagree. This goes against Gran Turismo game philosophy.

    Votes: 4 21.1%

  • Total voters
    19
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielwhite74

(Banned)
Messages
242
Messages
fortehlulz75
What is the community's opinion regarding the implementation of car damage in Gran Turismo 5? Personally, I couldn't care less. Where sensible, considerate track driving is concerned, it's nothing but vapourware.
 
Please use the search function. Several of these kinds of threads already exist.
 
Rude answer: Yo, I think I've seen this thread many times before.

Nice answer: I'm all for it. Damage is a result of poor driving, and the series is known as the "The Real Driving Simulator".
 
What we see so far of damage, it looks like crap, what KAZ mentioned about internal parts may be damages, bend suspensions, tires hitting wheel arches fenders, that is what I want and hope PD delivers in!
 
Rude answer: Yo, I think I've seen this thread many times before.

Nice answer: I'm all for it. Damage is a result of poor driving, and the series is known as the "The Real Driving Simulator".

Sorry, but I don't see the point of yet ANOTHER one of these threads.
 
I've not voted, because I don't feel the options available are accurate enough to my opinion.
 
What is the community's opinion regarding the implementation of car damage in Gran Turismo 5? Personally, I couldn't care less. Where sensible, considerate track driving is concerned, it's nothing but vapourware.

1273198685763.jpg


Also: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3880600&postcount=58
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123432&page=3

Go back to trolling the Forza 3 Forum 👎
 
Personally, I'm not crazy about it. If we had it from day one sure, it'd be great.

Now however, I'm used to my GT without damage. Does that mean I'm a jerk who drives into everything and everyone; no. It means I'm not interested in encurring mechanical damage (Or penalties for that matter) to my car for AI mistakes.

So in short, no. I don't care for it and don't want it. And while I'm ranting, one feature I want in Gran Turismo 5 is the ability to turn both penalties and damage off.
 
taking this thread seriously, i think damage is one of the few things keeping the game from being perfect.

i admit, without damage i always push %120 because i know if i mess up i'm just going to bounce off a wall and keep going, there was no consequence. with damage, i'm going to need to learn to keep off the walls more.

they still need to work the visual though, i mean, the car bounces and doors and stuff randomly fall of while looking perfectly good? no.

(did love the way the cars reacted when you crashed in the academy time trial though)
 
Yes but we don't see a *full* GT5 damage yet so I judge from videos I've seen.I don't a big fan of damage effects (and it's hard to make in GT5) but what I really need is *good impact physics* (part of a physics engine right?).From what I've seen so far problem not in how looks damaged car but how it reacts to impact(and it reacts like plastic toy car).So I vote for second.
 
If they are modeling damage they better go all out. I think its splended that even a tiny bit of damage is in the gt series. :rolleyes:They better have random mechanical failures...
 
Please use the search function. Several of these kinds of threads already exist.

Many, many, many, many, many several.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back