Car drawings

• Thread starter Pebb
  • 3,547 comments
May as well.

Perhaps we could consider a different thread if this takes off and stays alive for a year. That's seems like a safer option to take.

Yeah, not to be a downer, but these things have a tendency to start strong then lose steam.

I figure if we keep it casual it's easier for us to start up if it does lose interest, and there's no pressure or commitment that might dissuade people.

So, when are these "due"? My feeling was that the theme would be posted Monday and the drawings by the following Sunday. Then the theme chooser can pick a successor from the people who posted something.

Of course, there's no reason anyone can't take more time on the drawing, and post it much later. But there's also no reason they can't post a work in progress by Sunday. ;)

If you're motivated enough to draw something, you actually can dish out a decent sketch in 30 minutes.

Just putting that out there in case you're one of those who will say you don't have enough time.

I think people will gain interest to participate in things like these if GTP would have "Art of the Week" or GTP Awards would include "Drawing/Painting/Art of the year or "Artist of the Year".

If you're motivated enough to draw something, you actually can dish out a decent sketch in 30 minutes.

Just putting that out there in case you're one of those who will say you don't have enough time.

I'll definitely participate as much as possible, but it's not so much that I lack time as it is that I want to use the time I do have for my current backlog of projects.

Plus, I'm trying to run through a history of cars in chronological order, to get a better idea of how they changed over the years, but it's not as if I can avoid seeing modern cars on a daily basis, so what's the harm?

Yeah, not to be a downer, but these things have a tendency to start strong then lose steam.

I figure if we keep it casual it's easier for us to start up if it does lose interest, and there's no pressure or commitment that might dissuade people.

So, when are these "due"? My feeling was that the theme would be posted Monday and the drawings by the following Sunday. Then the theme chooser can pick a successor from the people who posted something.

Of course, there's no reason anyone can't take more time on the drawing, and post it much later. But there's also no reason they can't post a work in progress by Sunday. ;)

Let's officially begin next Monday, and present our progress or complete work on the following Sunday. :)

Of course this is a no pressure type of task. Just a way to:
-Keep us entertained in regards to car drawings
-Try something new
-Keep this thread alive
-Improve our skills
-See things from another's perspective
-Appreciate each individual's art style

Who knows where this will go?

I hope it helps build this section up some, and maybe someday we will get a competition going. @ULTRAVIOLENZZ

So I have a question about the contest: how far from the source can we stray? I know you've said we can give them bodykits if we want to, but is there any sort of limit?

So I have a question about the contest: how far from the source can we stray? I know you've said we can give them bodykits if we want to, but is there any sort of limit?
Go as far as you please pal.

I would like to see how everyone expresses their talent. It will make everything much more exciting IMO.

I may make mine with a body kit on it, now that you mention it. It is one thing to draw it outright, but it will be more of a challenge to design a kit for such a classic.

Got a sketch going yesterday at work (It was EXTREMELY slow).
Got in a little trouble with the boss man, but you tell me if it was worth it. I know what I'm dealing with now when I start the drawing.
20160219_164512.jpg

I'll join the festivities later. I'm actually procrastinating by being on here :D (GTP) as i'm currently doing a freelance drawing.
Will hop back on later with something. 👍

Did a quick sketch. Didn't really stick to the brief (made it a bit concepty).

I'm not that pleased with it TBH. It only took 15 mins, but I was hoping i'd do a bit better. Oh well, hopefully i'll fair better with the next comp. :)
Awww man!!
This is incredible!!!

I understand, everyone has their standards.

Cars and anime pics.

We are terrible with commitments.

Ah, yeah, lol. But the cars thing was even a weekly competition with a dedicated thread each week and all that. I ran it and it worked for a good number of months... but you know the rest :lol:

Loving the output I'm seeing by all of our fellow artists here.

I will have my final completed by Sunday, maybe earlier. I'll have some time Friday and Saturday.

upload_2016-2-25_20-35-58.png

Sorry I'm no artist like you guys but I've been making my own F1 cars since I was 10(I'm 15 now) and this is my latest one that I'm quite proud of. It's not 100% finished yet but I'm really happy with how it's going so far. I don't do perspective drawings as well as I do multiview so that's how I normally make my drawings.

So without further ado, I present the NRC3, my 2016 Formula One race car.

View attachment 518738

Sorry I'm no artist like you guys but I've been making my own F1 cars since I was 10(I'm 15 now) and this is my latest one that I'm quite proud of. It's not 100% finished yet but I'm really happy with how it's going so far. I don't do perspective drawings as well as I do multiview so that's how I normally make my drawings.

So without further ado, I present the NRC3, my 2016 Formula One race car.
Keep up the great work.

This looks fantastic IMO.
There is ALWAYS more to learn, so don't worry you will evolve as you go.

You have a promising future as an artist.

Keep up the great work.

This looks fantastic IMO.
There is ALWAYS more to learn, so don't worry you will evolve as you go.

You have a promising future as an artist.
Thanks! It's crazy looking at this car vs. the one I made 5 years ago... Hopefully 5 years from now I'll look back at this and the progress will be clear!

Thanks! It's crazy looking at this car vs. the one I made 5 years ago... Hopefully 5 years from now I'll look back at this and the progress will be clear!

Find some good drawings to aspire to. That will accelerate your growth tremendously.

I always share this link in this thread every now and then: designertechniques.com

More specifically, this will be most relevant and useful for most of us: http://designertechniques.com/tutorials/hectorrealubithandsketching01-page1.htm

Mind you this is the sketching tips of how to spice up your presentation, not how to build your fundamentals of drawing objects.

Back