Car Manufacturers Want to Know What Cars You Buy in GT Sport

I have the habit to use the car that the game gives me (price car) , since the times of GT3 and GT4 I stopped buy (in the game) cars i needn't ..

IR

"So based on the Gran Turismo data, you're saying we should change our flagship model to a single seater, 4WD hybrid hypercar with active aero, active suspension, no windows, enough downforce to atomise a child, and over 2,500hp?"

"That's what the figures say, boss!"

The easiest/quickest way to get the "100 Cars Purchased" is to buy as many Shifter Karts as needed and then sell them.

So I can imagine the conversation being similar but with a slightly different outcome :lol:

I don't see the use of this data as long as there is a Daily Roulette.

Bang this.

It comes down to a few things. I bought a Taycan day one because it was $200k which is nothing. Still havent driven it as there's no place for it to run. At $200k its like buying a $2 burger at McDonalds.

I bought a Huayra day one. I didnt think about it too much but at $1.3 mil. it was ok as it was worth it.

For cars I dont care about like the Gordini I didnt care as its Gr.X even though its only $80k. For most cars I dont care about you can wait for DWG.

I'm reticient to buy cars over $5 mil. as I dont feel its worth it UNLESS you really need it or you're banging on the credit limit.

I still havent bought a Miura but I would like to. Someday.

*immediately purchases 1000 cool Kei cars to raise manufacturer interest*
I'm right there with you! We need more low power cars, especially kei cars! They're so much fun to drive and race.

In regards to the question, apart from kei cars, I buy anything that I'd like to consider unique for a racing game, kei cars included. The Red Bull X series of cars (still waiting for the fan cars!), the expensive unicorns (like the D-Type, the DB3S, and so on, and that's when I can afford them!) and other classic & unique cars like the Plymouth XNR Ghia and the Corvette Stingray Racer Concept, crazy concept cars like some of the Vision GT models (the SRT Tomahawk X and the Chaparral 2X are my favorites for being a totally unique driving experience that only GT provides) and anything else outlandish. Oh, and pickup trucks! The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor is one of the most-fun vehicles to drive in the game, whether throwing it around the cool off-road courses in the game, or tuning it up to compete against Gr.4 cars on-road.

For example, in PC2, my most driven car is a '69 Camaro TransAm, by far. Guess what tickles my fancy...

Mine is the GTO class Mustang, followed by the GT4 Mustang.

In regards to the question, apart from kei cars, I buy anything that I'd like to consider unique for a racing game, kei cars included. Oh, and pickup trucks! The Ford F-150 SVT Raptor is one of the most-fun vehicles to drive in the game, whether throwing it around the cool off-road courses in the game, or tuning it up to compete against Gr.4 cars on-road.

If they counted vehicles purchased & not win on the prize wheel, Ford would be cleaning house on my PS4. I've bought 1 Raptor, 1 Ford GT, 1 Ford GT Gr. 3, & 3 Mustang Gr. 4 cars.

It would’ve been more interesting to see the statistics from GT 1 through 4 where the prize cars weren’t random or quite as easy to come by, and there was no online component so people bought and drove what they liked rather than the META cars.

Toyota can’t be taking the data too seriously or else they’d have built the S-FR Racing Concept by now. I’d imagine the stats say that’s every GTS player’s favourite “road” car.

I can see this type of thing being relevant in previous GT games when there may have been hundreds of cars across many ranges, and useable throughout the (mainly offline) game, but for GT Sport when the emphasis is the online racing, will a lot of people who only race online buy many cars beyond what they need for specific races? And when it comes to the cars they need most for most online races, Gr.1, Gr.3, Gr.4, Super Formula, Red Bull X**** or MX5/Miatta, will many go beyond those? And some of the Gr.1, Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars may never even be considered, if because of the way their BoP is calculated, they are uncompetitive, and have virtually no chance in races with the average driver. Btw, I know that there will be a lot of users who like the cars for various reasons beyond racing, but the racing only people will skew any useable data imho.

I think some brands like Hyundai, Dodge, Mitsubishi, VW etc may not be seeing a lot of love for their cars, but that is because of the BoP, which PD controls, rather that the actual merits of the attractiveness of the cars, which which may have had more relevance in previous GT games. Unless you tie yourself to Audi, are many people going to use the Gr.4 TT Cup in any race that has any tire wear because it is FF and will shred the tires in no time! All these things can affect the popularity of a car/brand, and PD is in charge of a lot of it.

Want the new Supra to be popular, make it OP, feature it in a lot of races, and even have a dedicated series for it. That will skew the popularity, and Toyota will be very happy. ;) :lol:

Nice idea that manufacturers are taking notice, but a few manufacturers should be saying why are our cars so **** in comparison to .....? May depend on what type of deal they have with PD. ;) :rolleyes:

Dear Toyota: I would really, really, like to buy a MR2 MK3 (in black, 2004 version, HKS exhaust, manual, LHD) but guess what?
Not in the game, YET!

And also, if you decide to sell me the Estoril and Portimão racetracks for the price of one, well, you would have a costumer for life.

P.S. - Be also aware that I drive way more than I post on this forum, in case you're too statistically driven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well although i don't want to im gonna be that guy for once by asking this. Its all well and good on paper but what about tje brands with only one purchasable real car (Bugatti) or one car period (Fiat) ?
Boss "What does the data say jerry?"
Jerry "Well sir according to the data people bought a 1968 Fiat 500 F "
Boss "and?"
Jerry " And another 500 F"
Boss "A.."
Jerry "And another one , and another one , and another 3 million more 500 F's sir"
Boss "What on earth " :confused:

Last edited:
Back