Car Mockups (Post ye' other cars aswell) 56k might die

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 204 comments
Guess this place isn't that dead after all.

malibooty.jpg

evo9.jpg

Wow, where to begin - I started posting at the GameFAQs board, found out the related GameSpot forums allowed you to post pics after a certain number of posts, so I moved over there and started my RMR rant (on my third thread - first was locked after 500 posts [apparently the limit]; second was not updated for some weeks when I was busy on a job and 'fell off the page'; third one's ongoing) about livery designs; found out the Forza forums had a thread about photos from MC:LA so I started posting photos there (RMR shots of designs don't count as photos so I just kept posting those at GameSpot/GameFAQs).

Then I got an idea from a Forza 3 thread about using photo stitching from someone who used to do it in GT to try it in MC:LA - it didn't look like it would work at first because how the camera resets after every save, but I've actually got it down to a usable process now - but that meant another thread at both sites.

This was all on the 360, but I finally got me a PS3 so I can play my GT - I've owned all the GT series, even got 3 & 4 import versions when I worked for a videogame company where I could access Japanese PS2s. I figure that the reason that GT5 has not come out yet is that I hadn't bought a PS3, so I have. I came here looking for GT tidbits and found another MC:LA forum, with fully scaleable layout - do you guys know how good you have it not having to scroll sideways to see all of a photo? It's stupendous!

I'll save my photos and stitched panoramas for new threads, but I have a huge backlog of car mockups - more than you might think, because I had to delete my first saved game and start all over again (long story) so here are my cringe worthy cars from Hate My Ride:

BatmobileSaleenshiny733front.jpg

Starting off with my only actually sucessful design on RMR - meaning that I sold 3 of them and each of those buyers turned around and changed the rims or tinted the windows and then sold millions of them. Not that I'm bitter. :banghead:

BigBopperside.jpg

I'm kinda obsessed with MFP cars, even though I am a So Cal native who has never been to Australia...

newer-Boxcutter-01.jpg

My latest, actually.

55-rev-mooneyes-1.jpg

My first design for the 55.

55-cab-09.jpg

Got tired of seeing every high rated 55 either being a rustbucket "FOR SALE" or a badly designed taxi (yeah, I see a lot of 2 door taxis) I had to make my own bad taxi.

Malibu-1.jpg

I rather like this.

69HPCamaro.jpg

Believe it or not this was just camoflague for a Yenko design underneath so my pal could get it exclusive from me...

69-GT-R-2-517-front.jpg

Being a Ford guy I then had to do this one.

batrivi-09.jpg

I owned a 64 Rivi when I lived in LA going to college. I still think it's the best designed 2 door luxury sedan ever. Mine was ivory white BTW - it didn't look like this.

Boss-P-51-02.jpg

A '70 version of my '08 P-51

newZtop357.jpg

My psuedo BRE Datsun.

CandyFocus614top.jpg

Focus on...candy! I currently own this car - again, it's just Sonic Blue factory paint with no vinyls.

CarmaVette.jpg

My first version of the Cleaver from Carmageddon 1

CF-Boxcars-02.jpg

Then I figured out how to make CF and started putting it EVERYWHERE...apologies in advance.

carbonRX-7front417.jpg

It did allow me to make replicas of RL cars like this though, I can point ya towards a tut if ya want.

Cleaver-C6-01.jpg

Had to re-do the Cleaver, of course...

HissHot.jpg

Original paintjob was on a Nash Metropolitan - this was the closest I could find in MC:LA. :scared:

RC-chevelle-02.jpg

A RL custom from Rod & Custom

69HPMustang733front.jpg

69HPMustang733back.jpg

Gotta have one Cop'stang...at least.

copycatSS500front.jpg

I think I'm the only person who likes this design...

corsair517front.jpg

The Corsair is one of my warbird series.

Firebirdconcept417left.jpg

My Firebird version of the new Camaro - RIP Pontiac :(

fascist02.jpg

A version of a skin I had made for Carmageddon 1.

Firebirdchief583front.jpg

Firebirdchief583rear.jpg

Burt Reynolds: Fire Chief.

fireMup433left.jpg

Another design swiped from Carmageddon - Vlad's dragster, I think.

Gulf999483front.jpg

It's a Gulf 999.

Gulf-500-front-1.jpg

My version of a Gulf Ford GT.

king-merc-back.jpg

king-merc-front.jpg

Another Carmageddon car.

magicCF600front.jpg

magicCF600back.jpg

Magic R8 Ball.

300Ccab250front.jpg

Now that's a taxi! My second highest rated car - go figger.

newmesser433front.jpg

newmesser433back.jpg

Another warbird - Messer Schmitt = Mr. Smith (not really, I know).

zero467front.jpg

zero467back.jpg

Wow, this is sooo original. :rolleyes:

TasheetaGTR583front.jpg

Another Carma design - the Ta****a.

Ticonderoga-2.jpg

It's a pencil.

p-51-front.jpg

My first version of the P-51.

RX7sun700back.jpg

RX7-sun-700-front.jpg

Rotary demon RX-7.

RX8-RMR-02.jpg

RX8-RMR-01.jpg

My perennial RX-8 design.

Forza-S5-06.jpg

I stole this design from Forza 3.

SVT567front.jpg

Based off a design I did back on NFS Underground 2.

Titanic2-02.jpg

Titanic2-01.jpg

I don't think we need a bigger boat... :scared:

Tux8R4583front.jpg

My tuxedo R4.

Wabbit500front.jpg

Before the SUVs were released...

Woody-seafoam-02.jpg

Woody-seafoam-01.jpg

And after - English Wood.

I left a lot out, and I'll have even more when I get the game for PS3...

Last edited:
Just by looking at your RX-7, I learned how to do carbon-fiber. Thank you.

I will post a pic to let you know how it turned out later.

getsakeimageashx.jpg

I did Carbon-Fiber on the top third of this bike.

getsakeimageashx2.jpg

Last edited:
Cool - I myself figured it out by doing the deck planking on my Riviera Titanic. :sly:

Here's me unnecessarily adding it to my Focus design:

yellowjacketfocus1.jpg

yellowjacketfocus2.jpg

I also see that I forgot to change my license plate after I transferred my 'candy handy' design to a widebody 55 Belair...

Last edited:
Don't know why I never thought of 2 tone for the Impala, that looks great!

I was trying to figure out why my photomode pics looked bad on the PS3 - example:

newtest04.jpg

I mean it might not seem so bad at first, but look at the jaggies on the windshield pillar and the color's washed out: but it is HDMI 1920x1080.

Now one of my old X-Box 1280x720 shots - it doesn't have HDMI out so that is the best it can do:

MFP-riv-02.jpg

Vivid colors and almost completely anti-aliased. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. Only thing I could figure was that all versions of MC:LA output no more than 720P, which was being upscaled on the PS3 to 1080I.
So I changed the video settings to remove 1080I & 1080P and got this:

Buzzbomb04.jpg

Still not very saturated, color-wise, but looking a lot smoother. I'm wondering if the analog output of component cables might be the deciding factor...anyway, here's my first PS3 version car designs:

Buzzbomb483front.jpg

Buzzbomb483back.jpg

Even the RMR shots were messed up, although they were vivid for some reason.

This is with the 720P:

sonicFocus567front.jpg

sonicFocus567back.jpg

I'm returning this rental, and I've ordered the complete edition...maybe I'll get some component cables, too.

Last edited:
I got the complete edition today (that was quick) and the savegame from the rental loaded right up. I left it on 1080P to see if mebbe they fixed that upscaling thing for the complete edition, but it doesn't look like it - I changed
Buzzbomb's design, aaannnddd :indiff: eh.

Buzzbomb05.jpg

Buzzbomb08.jpg

I've already sold my first car (240sx) so I can buy my beloved 55 Belair :mischievous: I'll try and keep it down to a dull roar...

Last edited:
"Don't know why I never thought of 2 tone for the Impala, that looks great!"

Thanks, your stuff is cool. I am sticking to two tone right now because I don't have the skills like you and everyone else with all those crazy paint jobs! I really dig your woody rover btw. The complete edition is well worth it. And thanks for killing my computer with all those big pictures =)

Magicalign, good job! Now you need some rims and slam that thing!

I realized that I inverted the colors on the Focus and fixed it: but I forgot to reduce my display size this time - rated at 5.08:

Focus508front.jpg

Focus508back.jpg

One thing I noticed, since R*, for whatever reason, stopped allowing you to 'view larger' the second of your 2 RMR shots, I've taken to just changing the last number in the address bar - first shot ended on 204, so you'd figure 205 or 206, right? 215. In the mebbe 40 seconds between taking these 2 shots 11 other shots were posted! On a game almost 2 years old? And this isn't a popular enough game to merit another sequel?? :grumpy:

Last edited:
Looks good (I was going to do a similar pattern too) but holy crap, can you please resize your pictures? Thanks =) The previous page all your huge pictures destroyed my computer!

Here are some more cars:

picture014fl.jpg

lanceme.jpg

picture010df.jpg

picture010wn.jpg

wbstang.jpg

picture012sf.jpg

picture011q.jpg

picture007nb.jpg

picture011c.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on posting small pics here as this is the only site that I can post fullscreen - I will post no more of the 1920x1080, but I still want to post the 1280x720 pics; so I'll start a new thread for the fullsize pics and only post reduced pics on this thread.

If you want to friend me on either system I can then get your photos off of Social Club for you and post them on my photobucket page or wherever suits you. My Gamertag is the same as my PSN.

Thanks. I have little money in the game. Each time I play I have to buy and mod cars. Well if you have the 'save' off you can't upload pics. Sucks for me!

Last edited:
You could wait until you have a full 16 shots in the gallery on your HD, turn on autosave, publish them to R* Social Club, then turn off autosave once more. That's what I do with the "No Police" cheat, since I don't want to not gain respect or money, I wait until after the race they're chasing me in is over and I can access the cheat menu again, turn on the no police cheat, drive a few feet and turn the cheat off again - the cops stop chasing you.

There's an icon just above where you type your message that when you mouseover it says 'insert image' and you hafta the hyperlink to where the pic is stored online; either at a site like photobucket or imageshack, or directly off the RMR or your photo album at the R* Social Club - which will be kinda big (unless you're on a SD TV) and might be dropped as R* reapplies its server space...

Last edited:
CWR
There's an icon just above where you type your message that when you mouseover it says 'insert image' and you hafta the hyperlink to where the pic is stored online; either at a site like photobucket or imageshack, or directly off the RMR or your photo album at the R* Social Club - which will be kinda big (unless your on a SD TV) snd might be dropped as R* reapplies its server space...

oh okay, ill upload my pics later then.. because i think everyones car here looks great, so mine will be a great addition! lol

Thanks. I have little money in the game. Each time I play I have to buy and mod cars. Well if you have the 'save' off you can't upload pics. Sucks for me!

if you do that million dollar thing, everything becomes free after that! lol, no need for cash!

I decided to try making the same design on both platforms, and outputing them at the same size as well, for the best comparison; the angles aren't exact, but close enough:

X-Box 360:

CueShip500front.jpg

PS3:

CueShip473front.jpg

360:

CueShip500back.jpg

PS3:

CueShip473back.jpg

Could the PS3 outputting through HDMI while the 360 uses component cables be the reason for the color washout? It certainly doesn't look like this in the game...

Here's my new P-51 design, with a rating of...0.00 - with 0 ratings. A first.

70-King-Death-Front.jpg

70-King-Death-Back.jpg

I'm just waiting for my copy of GT5 to arrive from Amazon...

I like that stang! One thing I hate about doing wild paint jobs is because when you copy and paste to the other side it is actually off and you must readjust everything (I am ocd like that).

Your comparison is probably a PS3 thing. I'd always thought it looked better on the Xbox as far as photo uploads go. Just like NFS Shift in photomode the Xbox version looked better.

24ohh.jpg

244ot.jpg

jpan.jpg

fstang.jpg

stang.jpg

slocus.jpg

maroman.jpg

grpupa.jpg

newdub.jpg

sirocco.jpg

Last edited:
After seeing the graphic goofs in GT5 in addition to my MCLA comparisions, I'm beginning to wonder about the PS3 - it seems difficult to get proper anti-aliasing from it...I'll stop there rather than ride that rant pony into the sunset.

I really like your designs - one more black rectangle on each side of that Scirocco would turn it into a certain AE86...as soon as I get an R34 in the PS3 version I'm making an Amuse Carbon R! I've pretty much finished GT5, just trying to get myself to play it lately: I realized all the American city tracks are gone! I guess there's always Los Angeles...at midnight :D

is this midnight club? i thought it was grand theft auto when i looked, what is going on? what have i been missing!??

is the game any good though?

Back