Cars in GT6 that has PS4-Ready graphics.

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 664 comments
fisker low saturation.jpeg

So they sent a team to the moon and laser scanned it huh? Source please.
Just use google and you'll find it. I couldn't find it right now but that's because I didn't go through the results in depth. Pretty sure a newspost here on GTP has it too. And lol. They visited the "Japanese NASA" thingy :P

Just use google and you'll find it. I couldn't find it right now but that's because I didn't go through the results in depth. Pretty sure a newspost here on GTP has it too. And lol. They visited the "Japanese NASA" thingy :P

Yes, they used topography data from a JAXA lunar satellite, presumably Kaguya/SELENE as that's the only lunar satellite they've launched.

When you make a post with a questionable claim, it's your job to do the google search not mine. If it was that easy, you could have found it in the time it took to type out your post and then you could have just copied and pasted the link. I await the results of your search.

Why you change point?
The game has beautiful looking models and visual's. Gran Turismo became the perfect example of where the genre dares to tread.
Gameplay is still in the user's imagination. Even in B Spec, people have found quality racing.

Most of your post's about GT6 is negative and all my post's about Gran Turismo are positive.
I already agreed that the game was the best looking game on the PS3. The gameplay IMO is horrible and I don't think we should be afraid to call a spade a spade. Hope that answers your question.

Last edited:
@GT_Saint not to mention the moon. I read somewhere that when they made the moon, they actually made the whole moon with a ~5cm margin of error or what it's called.
Nope, you must've dreamt of that... They only made about 2 patches of the moon which are highly unlikely to be based on real moon terrain..

Also btw, I'm glad that I ignored @Johnnypenso even though someone quoted him and I read him
"GT5/6 are terrible racing games"
Another gem of a comment from him.
Maybe he hasnt realised yet that you can play online with other people and not only against the AI

Nope, you must've dreamt of that... They only made about 2 patches of the moon which are highly unlikely to be based on real moon terrain..
You do realize that I literally just posted a link to an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi where he explicitly states that they used geometric data obtained from a lunar JAXA satellite, right?

They may not have recreated the whole moon, but the patches they did create certainly are based on real-world topographical data of the moon.

Also btw, I'm glad that I ignored @Johnnypenso even though someone quoted him and I read him
"GT5/6 are terrible racing games"
Another gem of a comment from him.
Maybe he hasnt realised yet that you can play online with other people and not only against the AI
The offline portion of the game contains the worst AI in all of current racing games and possibly ever in the history of videogames. I challenge you to come up with any game release that has less competitive AI when in the same car, and rubber banding so laughable it belongs in a Mario Kart game. Online is buggy and unstable for a great many users and outside of organized leagues, is full of cruising, drag racing, cops and robbers and racing on F1 qualifying tires.

You do realize that I literally just posted a link to an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi where he explicitly states that they used geometric data obtained from a lunar JAXA satellite, right?

They may not have recreated the whole moon, but the patches they did create certainly are based on real-world topographical data of the moon.
Wonderful. Now post something that establishes the claim made that the entire moon was modeled to 5cm accuracy. I await your Google results as well.

Wrong, they used cars from their PS2/PSP era games. Such as GT3, GT4, GTC and GTPSP.

I will explain this again.

No.

The cars look worse than what they do in GT4, and this not by a past memory or anything, I'm playing it at the moment.

Also, secondly, explain why in GT5 we could transfer any 50 cars from GTPSP. It's because they're the same model.

Wonderful. Now post something that establishes the claim made that the entire moon was modeled to 5cm accuracy. I await your Google results as well.

I never made any claims of 5cm accuracy, nor have I tried to defend those claims.

But after some quick research, it would seem that SELENE's topographical data averages 5-6 km (!) between data points, although it seems some areas of the moon have recieved more detailed sampling than others.

http://global.jaxa.jp/article/special/kaguya/seika01_e.html

Also, it would seem that, when combined with other data such as NASA's, the net result is a global topographic map with 10m "or less" accuracy.

http://gisstar.gsi.go.jp/selene/index-E.html

At the end of the day, 5cm is highly unlikely. 5m is probably the lowest plausible accuracy.

I never made any claims of 5cm accuracy, nor have I tried to defend those claims.

But after some quick research, it would seem that SELENE's topographical data averages 5-6 km (!) between data points, although it seems some areas of the moon have recieved more detailed sampling than others.

http://global.jaxa.jp/article/special/kaguya/seika01_e.html

Also, it would seem that, when combined with other data such as NASA's, the net result is a global topographic map with 10m "or less" accuracy.

http://gisstar.gsi.go.jp/selene/index-E.html

At the end of the day, 5cm is highly unlikely. 5m is probably the lowest plausible accuracy.
The whole moon at 5cm was the initial claim that I questioned. It pays to go back and find a little context before responding in the middle of a conversation and bringing up the "hostile" inference, which is completely unnecessary and only devalues any contribution you might make. 👍

And GT5/6 was the best looking racing game on console...and also a terrible racing game at the same time. Graphics mean nothing if the game behind them sucks. Perhaps PD will learn this some day and get back some of it's lost fans, instead of basing the entire game on how good the cars look.

I already agreed that the game was the best looking game on the PS3. The gameplay IMO is horrible and I don't think we should be afraid to call a spade a spade. Hope that answers your question.

The offline portion of the game contains the worst AI in all of current racing games and possibly ever in the history of videogames. I challenge you to come up with any game release that has less competitive AI when in the same car, and rubber banding so laughable it belongs in a Mario Kart game. Online is buggy and unstable for a great many users and outside of organized leagues, is full of cruising, drag racing, cops and robbers and racing on F1 qualifying tires.

I find it very ironic that you're spreading your hate towards GT in a thread that wants to talk about the premium cars, and that you made this thread a while ago: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/photonrider-described-the-problem-i-have-the-solution.323282/
So I think it's time to get back on topic, you also have this thread available: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

SVX

No.

The cars look worse than what they do in GT4, and this not by a past memory or anything, I'm playing it at the moment.

Also, secondly, explain why in GT5 we could transfer any 50 cars from GTPSP. It's because they're the same model.

I can tell by this close shot of GT4 rally cars that GT4 cars have not aged well.
Too_Close__by_MachOne.jpg

:odd:

I've zoomed many standard cars and they look like that.

I find it very ironic that you're spreading your hate towards GT in a thread that wants to talk about the premium cars, and that you made this thread a while ago: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/photonrider-described-the-problem-i-have-the-solution.323282/
So I think it's time to get back on topic, you also have this thread available: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-gt6-epic-whining-and-crying-thread.282208/

And GT5/6 was the best looking racing game on console.

I already agreed that the game was the best looking game on the PS3

Yup, sure sounds like I hate GT.

And be careful what you link to, especially when you don't understand it. Someone might actually read it and quote it back to you:

you must take charge of the thread, starting with a well worded OP and followed up with actively cajoling people back into line and as a final resort, reporting those that don't heed your warnings.

The OP, after a few posts pop up comparing DriveClub visuals to GT6, encouraging this off topic discussion.
@@SVX Relax, I think it's great to see the discussion flourish. Only thing that is undebatable is the fact DC [DriveClub] is an arcade game. I think the graphics would be different if it was a sim with more cars on the track.

The OP again:
Good thing pCars is coming soon then. ;)

The OP, talking about DriveClub:
It is a hard game to play, let's say you're a kid who likes to bash and crash a lot. Then this game is not for you. Face it, a lot of kids play racing games, and this game is not enjoyable more than a week straight. After a week you stop playing and only play it every now and then because it is "nice to look at". I think I'm an ok driver, but I still find this game a little bit too hard sometimes.

That's just the first three pages. Need I go on? The OP is obviously actively encouraging all kinds of discussion.

Please don't try and selectively mini-mod me, when the vast majority of the thread is off topic and actively encouraged by the OP. It just makes you look petty and vindictive, which is what it is. 👍

Can we just forget what I said? So what if I made a mistake. I'm sure all of you negative people make a lot of mistakes too. Hard to recall something I read pre-GT6 in the GT6 interviews. Back on topic now please. I'm tired of all this negativity.

Yup, sure sounds like I hate GT.
Edit: You've simply stated GT6 looks good, but it's not a reason to bash it just after you say this. I don't want you to love GT, but simply not go off-topic.
Sure anyone can talk about anything they want, but I've mostly underlined an offtopic hate towards GT that does not belong to this thread.

SVX

No.

Then where did the GTPSP cars come from?

Guys, get yourself a room. :lol:

Nah, I'm just kidding. But if you want to argue, please do this in a private conversation so this thread won't get locked.
There's no argument here,and everyone is being perfectly reasonable so far. There's nothing here that warrants the thread getting locked.

Whether he likes it or not they come from GT4 ;)

You understand what I'm saying. Most of the game's standard cars come from GT4 either way.

GT4 cars = GT PSP
By your logic @SVX, GT PSP cars = GT5/6
If GT PSP cars = GT5/6 cars, then GT3/4 cars = GT5/6 cars.
So no matter what, most standard cars originate from the PS2 generation of GT.

*Bad AI =/= bad racing game (because any AI will always suck compared to a human opponent)
*Bad online players and kids who mess around =/= bad racing game.
*Players with bad connections/lag/delay =/= bad racing game.

GT5/6 are far from being bad racing games.

And dont quote me, I'll resume the ignore

*Bad AI =/= bad racing game (because any AI will always suck compared to a human opponent)
*Bad online players and kids who mess around =/= bad racing game.
*Players with bad connections/lag/delay =/= bad racing game.

GT5/6 are far from being bad racing games.

And dont quote me, I'll resume the ignore

You need to stop fighting the war that ended already. We're trying to talk about the graphics, not how much you loathe or love GT.

As far as GT5 and GT6 models are concerned, from a gameplay standpoint they're fine for the next generation. They could use a bit of a smooth out in some of the oldest modelled premiums but beyond that I'd just prefer them to expand the customization that can be had for them.

You need to stop fighting the war that ended already. We're trying to talk about the graphics, not how much you loathe or love GT.
I have to keep on fighting so finally Kaz will raise my salary

j/k

I think soon PD should release some images of how would likely GT7 look like.
I suppose the game could come out somewhere around next christmas, or early 2016 so, I think they could anticipate some bits.
I fully expect the premium cars to keep the same quality and the standards "should" (by common sense) be upgraded at least to semi-premiums without interior.
I dont care about interiors as long as the cars are improved, their sounds are improved, and the general feel of them is better in general.

Last edited:
Back