Cars that shouldn't be in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter conrm001
  • 141 comments
  • 6,807 views
Messages
43
I think that there are too many cars in GT4.


There shouldn't be:
cars older than twenty years old except nice race cars
less normal cars e.g. citroen c5


add your own :)
 
conrm001
I think that there are too many cars in GT4.


There shouldn't be:
cars older than twenty years old except nice race cars
less normal cars e.g. citroen c5


add your own :)

Are you serious? If so, I have a suggestion... play GT3... :sly:
 
How can you NOT have enough cars? GT4 has 700+, but I still want more! There's no car that shouldn't be in the game because every car has its place in motoring history - even the Daihatsu Midget II. Though admittedly, you'd have to file it under "WTF were you thinking?!"
 
The trucks. I honestly don't see what place they have in a game like GT4.
 
Do you race?
How can you NOT have enough cars? GT4 has 700+, but I still want more! There's no car that shouldn't be in the game because every car has its place in motoring history - even the Daihatsu Midget II. Though admittedly, you'd have to file it under "WTF were you thinking?!"

Got to agree on this 100%. I'd keep everything already in the game, and I could add another 100 cars right now I wish were there, then I'd probably sit down and list a further 100 tomorrow. Most of those would be more than 20 years old too......

Surely you just ignore everything you aren't interested in?
 
Spottedlaurel
Got to agree on this 100%. I'd keep everything already in the game, and I could add another 100 cars right now I wish were there, then I'd probably sit down and list a further 100 tomorrow. Most of those would be more than 20 years old too......

Surely you just ignore everything you aren't interested in?

You can't afford to ignore some of them though (like the trucks). You're forced to buy and race some of them to complete the game.
 
not so much take the cars out of the game but cars like the 'audi streamline....' are a waste of time as you can only use it on the high speed ring or the nurburgring! i mean i like to test all cars at any track i want!
 
barryl85
not so much take the cars out of the game but cars like the 'audi streamline....' are a waste of time as you can only use it on the high speed ring or the nurburgring! i mean i like to test all cars at any track i want!

but it is a historical car!!! and its pretty fast
 
I'm just wondering if it's worth any attention to reply to this or not.

On one end I could see maybe some point, maybe cars you would not want in exchange for others MAYBE.

On another front...

There's a reason why there's so many cars in some attempt to appeal to many people. Although GT still hasne't quite got there with some cars from certain places like Australia and America (not to mention Europe, and even some Japanese cars I do honelsty like such as the ER34 Skyline, FR not the ATTESA 4WD GTR BNR 34), they try.

To just not have some cars... there's a point to it. If there's a car lacking that they could have put in, someone will ask why (And then for some specefic cars that seam useless, you may wonder 'what's the point?', say it wasn't in becuase you would be unable to race against anyone else, then somebody would be saying 'Even if I could only have limited use, I'd still want it in GT-insert exact one here- !')... or why not, whatever.

I could go on (and on, and on, and on, don't believe me ask swift... wait on second thought don't ask, just trust me on that), about it, I'll just cut to the chase.

I can understand on one end what you mean (maybe), on another, the point of having some cars is to well, it's intresting. GT4 may not be real in some areas, but I've always seen it as also a kind of racing class crossover game since I don't see many games with both say WRC, DTM and LMP cars in the same case, not to mention trying cars like the Ford RS200 out of a usuall place like Cypress or Africa and on a track like Laguna seca.

So what if they have say very old historical cars, even if they aren't exaclty entirely, completely realisticly represented, I'd still try them and check them out.

This is just me, and I could be wrong, and again, I'd go on this on for a few (hundred) thousand words, but again, I'll just get to the chase. What cars you honelsty want in say your own personal garage are mostly to your own choseing save for cars you have to unlock and such.

If nothing else, everyone has their own personal tastes in cars, you have yours, but from what I can tell at least (which is probably more off than a shotgun with a crooked sight... yes shotguns have sights...), you're basilcy saying some cars should have never been on based on whatever you did say... let me read that again...

I mean... you do realize even though PD may not always quite do it so, they try to some extent to appeal to everyone around the world (note I said try), not the most accurate and well, we could argue over who they really care about to no end (such as 'no one cares about American/Euro/Aussie/Korean/Chech/etc cars, only JDM'...yada yack)... but well...

I also kinda see this thread as pointless even though it will be intresting to see what some will say.

But come on, your choice really (excluding some races) is down to what you have in your garage and just what you chose even for acrade. If you take out some cars becuase of a certain prefrence or bias, that will alienate other people on something, I'm sure.

I'm just ranting now so I'll just end it there.

Till later.
 
I thought that the audi streamline auto union was crap until I tested it. This car could go 300 kph in 1937. I think that It deserves It's place in gt4. And for other car it's just to try them out and see the evolution of cars (Like the old skyline to the gt-r concept)IMO.
 
conrm001
I think that there are too many cars in GT4.


There shouldn't be:
cars older than twenty years old except nice race cars
less normal cars e.g. citroen c5


add your own :)

I say keep them all and for GT5 I want more of the same, particularly the older cars and the more road biased one.

I mean every other racing/driving game out is full of new metal, GT4 lets me out to play with the older stuff.

Don't try taking away my Fiat 500.



Regards

Scaff
 
all i was saying is that i think that there shouldn't be normal road cars like the citroen c5 or c3!!!


Ok!!!1
 
That's right Scaff. Name another game where you can drive the 500 or the simliar and odd looking Subaru 360 (my avatar). Hopefully Forza doesn't have that cause I only played the demo and I'll look stupid when everyone says Forza. :)
 
conrm001
all i was saying is that i think that there shouldn't be normal road cars like the citroen c5 or c3!!!


Ok!!!1

Well, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but you are wrong, many people enjoy the chance to drive "normal" road cars, myself included.

Gran Turismo has NEVER just been just about race cars, its about DRIVING, which entails normal cars, historic cars and race cars, its not all about going fast, there is much much more to driving in GT than that.

I hope PD keep ALL the exisiting cars and add to them with more and more odd cars, and more and more old Japanese and non-Japanese classics.

Dan.
 
conrm001
I think that there are too many cars in GT4.


There shouldn't be:
cars older than twenty years old except nice race cars
less normal cars e.g. citroen c5


add your own :)
i hate regular, slow cars... i´m with you... those cars we drive in real life... i also want more raging, LM cars... anything with less than 200HP is a waste of time for me... (not that i would delete then, a lot o peaple like, but, if a have to choose from...)
 
This thread is essentially a repeat of this thread - and you're both wrong.

Any car game should have as many cars as possible. The only criticism of GT4's cars is that there are too many which cannot be driven in anger (and are not labelled as such - how many people have bought the Fireblade, only to find they can't race it? Then had the game save itself...), not that there are too many, or that there are some slow ones in there.

fasj6418 - Remove every car with <200hp from GT4. You'll be getting rid of more-or-less an entire drivetrain type (don't tell me - you won't miss FFs, so that's okay :rolleyes: ), the C1 Corvette and the Caterham Fireblade and Suzuki GSX/R-4 (both of which will cane many much more powerful cars). Would you seriously rather drive round in a 201hp, 1400kg BMW than a 199hp, 700kg Lotus Elise?

Power is nothing without control.
 
Yeah, low-power cars teach you how to drive. Lots of power can cover up lots of mistakes. Some of the best racing action comes in amateur, near-stock classes around the world.

The only cars I would have liked to see actually dropped are some of the truly obscure Japanese variants. Once the major RX-7, Evo, Supra and Skyline generations are well represented, even with a few versions each, it's really redundant bordering on insulting to include 4 or 5 additional copies of each while ignoring so many other much more significant cars.

And yes, I know it's a Japanese game... but how many copies do they sell in Japan compared to worldwide?
 
Obviously everybody has his own ideas what should be in and what not...I personally would not mind to have fewer specifications of certain cars (like all the various skylines), but have a larger variety of different cars in the game, especially those older cars who have their place in automotive history!
I think its neat to have the FIAT 500, the Autounion, the gullwing Merc, the old and very old vettes, etc in it, and I think its a pity we dont have cars like a Ponitac TransAm or the old Firebird, some of the older and newer Saabs, the BMW 603 or an old Caddy like the Eldorado...
So fewer cars? NO, but more different types.....
 
The nike 2022. I cant believe it hasnt been mentioned in this thread yet.
 
I'd rather replace some of the cars. How about replacing some of those R34 cars with some 4-door (ER34?) models? and not just some sport model. Base models too.
 
McLaren F1GTR
I'd rather replace some of the cars. How about replacing some of those R34 cars with some 4-door (ER34?) models? and not just some sport model. Base models too.
How can I forget about them :dunce: I loved them in GT2 :)
 
I'd rather replace the ultra-boring cars with interesting models than remove any cars; prefferebaly substituting them with older, exotic cars
 
I do beleive there is a perfectly logical answer to this,

IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DRIVE IT!!!!

Just because you do not like a certain car or style of car doesnt mean that nobody else likes it. Ever hear the phrase Variety is the spice of life? if you want to thrash about is super fast cars all the time then why dont you just stick to having LMP cars, but for the love of god stop boring us all with your pointless and boring conversations. People on this forum moan to much about GT4, for sure it does have its niggles and faults but so what? Did anyone really think it was going to be perfect? did anyone really think that everycar they dreamed of was going to be in the game? I didnt thats for sure!! i may have been a little dissapointed that they didnt include a few cars i liked but so what, theres still plenty to choose from. And as for a petition? I think its a funny idea, I think you would have more chance of sitting outside PD headquarters and pleading them to make you a special copy if the game without the cars you dont like in it. I do realise the irony and hippocriticalness of me moaning about the moaners but its just getting a bit to much now, every other thread on here is bla bla bla why isnt this there, bla bla bla why isnt that there. Looking at the administrators and moderators notes there getting quite annoyed by it too, so how about some constructive threads or some threads to give others advice rather than bothering us all with stupid, and they are, comments.


Happy Racing

Ben :)
 
Benjii
IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DRIVE IT!!!!

SOMETIMES YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DRIVE VEHICLES YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO

As I mentioned before, the game forces you to drive a truck to progress through it. IMO trucks have no place in GT4.
 
amp88
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO DRIVE VEHICLES YOU WOULDN'T LIKE TO

As I mentioned before, the game forces you to drive a truck to progress through it. IMO trucks have no place in GT4.


So somebody actually comes out of the playstation and forces you to do that race? wow thats a new experience. Glad that hasnt happened to me!! Didnt think PD would get away with that. :nervous:

Oh and do you know what b-spec is? so you DONT actually have to drive a single truck at all
 
...not to mention the fact that redundant cars take up development time and disc space in the game. Of course I can always choose not to pursue all the cars in which I'm not interested. But that doesn't stop the game from giving them to me as a prize.

Frankly, I'd rather sacrifice three letter-spec Skylines that are all nearly identical in order to provide development resources for just one additional interesting car, be it MGB-GT or Impala SS. In the best of all worlds, of course, all 5 cars would be in the game. Nobody's advocating just removing cars for the sake of removing them. We're just saying the development resources could have been distributed more productively.
Benjii
So somebody actually comes out of the playstation and forces you to do that race? wow thats a new experience. Glad that hasnt happened to me!! Didnt think PD would get away with that. :nervous:
If you have an interest in getting 100% completion, realistically, yes. I don't have a problem with that, but your sarcasm is not particularly effective.
 
All cars should be in the game the more cars the better. 👍
I dont understand why the Mini cooper isnt in :ouch:
 
Back