Cars that shouldn't be in GT4

  • Thread starter Thread starter conrm001
  • 141 comments
  • 6,807 views
amp88
The trucks. I honestly don't see what place they have in a game like GT4.


*ding* *ding* *ding*

those are the ONLY things that don't belong in GT*.*
 
i drive every car in gt4,some arent so fast but still fun,i like driving the ford lightning truck,something i hope to be in gt5 is,the pontiac trans am the 76 bandit edition,a 91 and like a 98 year models.
 
The Skyline and the NSX are cars (of course) that will and should be in GT, but not so dam many of them. How many Skylines are in GT4? NSXs? A lot. One is enough I beleive.
 
GranTuri55
All cars should be in the game the more cars the better. 👍
I dont understand why the Mini cooper isnt in :ouch:
Its in, just only Japan got it.

IMO, I don't mind the NSXs. There really aren't manyof the same models like the Skyline.

They have different sport models which have their ups and downs. Some of the Skylines are like that, but not all of them.
 
VyPeR
How many Skylines are in GT4?

33, I believe. But they span 40 years and there's 7 racing models from different eras.

VyPeR
NSXs? A lot. One is enough I beleive.

14, including the Acura and four racing models. This represents one engine change, one facelift and the last-gasp high-performance variant. One would NOT be enough.
 
conrm001
all i was saying is that i think that there shouldn't be normal road cars like the citroen c5 or c3!!!


Ok!!!1

Do you have something against Citroen?

I find it interesting to take unsuspecting road cars (step forward, C5 and C3) and fill them with power and take on faster cars.

Besides, but the aforemention cars handle better than their class equals, in my opinion and with my style of driving.

Edit: forgot to address the issue
In my opinion, every car has a place in GT4. Some may have more important roles, but all have roles, be it to get you started, to keep your experimenting going until GT5 or a high performance car to vold a vice-like grip over the competition. Just because a car doesn't seem useful to you, or even boring, that's not really a reason to want it excluded. And if you're going to disqualify cars because of flaws, then the LMP cars should go, because they're impractical. And take away those rotaries too, that fuel consumption is torrid!
 
this is just my 2 cents, but i think they should get rid of the Honda Odessey, Honda Element, Honda Insight, and some of the repeats....honestly, why are there like 8 different versions of the R34 GT-R....quite honestly the major differences with the exception of a couple of body mods, are all interior....they should just have the GT-R V Spec, Z-Tune, GTS-M, and yes the ER34
 
Famine
33, I believe. But they span 40 years and there's 7 racing models from different eras.

14, including the Acura and four racing models. This represents one engine change, one facelift and the last-gasp high-performance variant. One would NOT be enough.
I'm not considering the full-build racing models, particularly since they come in different liveries. We'll drop them from the count.

So that leaves 26 Skylines. You say they span 40 years, but really, there's ONE 40-year-old Skyline and then 25 that were made since the early 1990s. So I'm willing to grant them 3 varieties each for the R32, R33, and R34 models. That's 9 additional. Then a couple of 4-door models; let's call that 3 for the sake of consistency. Total so far: 13, with plenty of variety among the historically significant Skylines.

That leaves 13 other car slots that could have been used better. Here's a list right off the top of my head:

1970 MGB-GT
1970 Triumph GT6 - imagine the races between those two
1996 Chevy Impala SS
1972 Pontiac Trans Am SD 455
2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
1990 Saab 900 Turbo SPG
1971 BRE Datsun 510
1972 BRE Datsun 240Z
1995 Dodge Neon ACR Coupe
1982 Fiat/Bertone X/19
1982 Toyota Celica Supra - Japan's first real export pony car
1986 Dodge Omni GLH-S
1986 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo - again, a great pair to match up

That's 13 widely-varied cars off the top of my head. Only 1 of them would require a new license for PD, and none of them are rare or hard to document. 4 of the 13 are even Japanese.
 
I have nothing against historic cars, but I certainly dont want see them as a prize car after I spent a chunk load of money on one make race. I think PD should make them buyable and sellable in the game. Award us with decent racecars or supercars.
 
Yes - there's no need for 7 near-identical R34s, but when people say "there's 33 Skylines in GT4!", they all think of the R34, for some reason.

As for pre-1990s Skylines, I count 7 in the Used Car lists - from 1963, 1973, 1983, 1984, 1987 and two from 1989 (the first of the R32s). There's 7 other R32s (two FR, 5 GT-Rs of remarkably similar specs), 8 R33s (all GT-Rs :rolleyes: ) and 4 R34s (all GT-Rs again, differing by a grand total of 3hp and 20kg).

So yes, there are too many of the same type, but it is important to clarify that in the "many" Skylines are "many" different types too.
 
Yuppp... There is no fun in equipping a car with super soft slicks and grabbing the road like a leech with unrealistic grip...
I fit economy normal road tyres to even my modded out cars to enjow the challenge...
I love the old babes especially my Buick Special. I also like the trucks. The Ford has a wonderful sound where the Chevy drives like a dream with a maxxed out engine and system...
 
To me, all the cars have a place in this game. However, they should remove the rally events in GT5. If I want to play with a rally, I will buy Collin McRae Rally but it is not the case.
 
PD should cut the 2000000 models of Skylines and Evos. I'm not saying to eliminate them completely, just cut down on the repeat models.
 
Why did PD pick the Volvo 240 estate?
To me it was a strange choice.
At least PD could have something a bit more "Sporty" like the 242 GT model to go with the estate.
A BTCC 740 race wagon would have been fun as well.
 
I'd have to say I agree with the general consensus of even more cars - but man did they have to give the Nike car to me three times?
 
I don't think people may of considered what effect the car companies have on the cars they choose/allow to go in the game. For instance, BMW made sure its M5 made the game, despite the fact that it was still being developed by the time Prologue hit the stands. Merc did the same with its SL55. Every company wants their 'hero' car to make the game. The same goes for the Aussie cars (I know 'cos I have to put up with them). FPV had barely released the F6 Typhoon and GTP, yet they're 2 of 5 Australian cars that made the line up.

Car makers have a symbiotic relationship with PD when it comes to making GT. The makers want their cars to feature prominently in the game (read: Ford GT) and to advertise to a global market, whilst PD wants to only include cars that will excite gamers.

Apparently BMW are now using GT4 at road shows to demonstrate a couple of their cars. If PD sell 5 million copies of the game, its another 5 million critics out there to recommend/rip into a maker's pride and joy.

So when people bag out on PD for putting cars like the C3 or C5 in the game, consider that maybe Citroen had a thing or two to do about that.
 
damn.

there isn't a car that shouldn't be in GT4.
i can think of about a thousadn cars. like some normal cars of the 80's GM, Ford,Chrysler type. i mean why not have all the cars it just appeals to differant people and gives us a much wider variety
 
I guess I'm of the opinion that I enjoy almost all of the cars in GT4, I think winning the Volvo as a prize was lame since I could buy one in the used section, but eh - that's PD for you ;)

However, I do agree that it is bordering on insulting to put in all those varieties of Skylines and Evos when there are so many other cars that could be included.

I was also dissapointed in the reduction of F1 models to just the PD model - I liked all the variations in GT3 (NTSC) - but to see those go away and have a bazillion Skyline choices - that sucked.

Don't get me wrong, I like Skylines and Evo's - those were 2 of my best cars in GT3, especially the Evo TME Stripe J (though my Skyline was cool - can't remember the model off the top of my head - it was the all black one with just a few stickers up by the front tire)

The trucks were even kind of cool, though I wish they would have put more races in there for them, it would have made purchasing one a bit more worthwhile - having a reasonable selection available and just a few races seemed lame.

I was annoyed as all get out when I bought my Fireblade and discovered it was a special car that couldn't be raced (along with the Nike and the Toyota thing) - if they were going to make them special, they could have at least given us a special place to race them...(or at least made them available in the 2-player wan/lan part of the game - why are the even in the LIST there if we can't use them????)

ANYWAY - All the historical stuff is pretty neat to see, and I just ignore the stuff I don't like or need to buy for a race. I'm hoping they'll expand on the selection significantly in GT5 and in addition to all the silly little sedans, add some of the other cooler cars like the Trans-Am, the Triumph TR7, and the Pontiac Fiero (SP?) - even some *really* cool things like Dussenberg Roadsters (similar to the Tank Car), and all the things we've been screaming about for years, Lambo's, Porches, and Ferraris!

Bottom line though?

Gran Turismo is way better than nothing at all - period, hands down. I've got my bones to pick with PD about some of the deficencies - but all of the problems combined don't overbalance my love of what they do give me to play with.

UMP
 
I can think of at least one vehicle that DOESN"T belong in GT4.

Honda Oddoussy(spelling?) COME ON!!
 
GM = TRASH
I can think of at least one vehicle that DOESN"T belong in GT4.

Honda Oddoussy(spelling?) COME ON!!

You can't be serious.



One of my first pics, and still probably my favorite.
 
After seeing that I'm somewhat lost for words...

I don't have any problems with older/lower powered cars, they're great fun and it's cool modding up an old banger then thrashing all the fancy modern cars.
 
One of the greatest things about GT4 is the amount of cars available. To be honest, GT3 ticked me off by the crappy selection. When I saw the car list for GT4, I fell in love with the game before I even played it. No game compares, and I wouldn't kick GT4 outta my bed for eating crackers because of it.
 
I have a comment for you... three words... "REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR"
not riced-out-super-4banger-with-NOS-and-neon lights game... if you want just fast cars,, go for NFS or Juiced or something like that, but if you want to take pleasure in just driving around and drive in automotive history stay with GT... because that's what the aim of Gt is.. "Pure driving enjoyment... if anybody remembers in GT2 there was quite a selection from the used lots, mostly Skylines and NSXs and a few 300GTs... Sure there are 33 Skylines in the game (which all the 4wd versions understeer horribly for some odd reason) and 17 NSXs in the game, what about us who want to take a Citroen 2CV out for a spin in the 'ring, or a Volvo 240, Slam it and bling it out... by saying that Road cars do not belong in GT is saying that NO car belongs here. Cars are a basic nessecity in our life, race or road car they are. This is what attracted me to Gran Turismo all of 9 years ago, it's not just another game with supercars and super exotics... it's a game where you can take and everyday car and THRASH the big boys around... ITS A DRIVING SIMULATOR FOR PETE"S SAKE!
 
Sad but quite funny

Dizzy K
Apparently BMW are now using GT4 at road shows to demonstrate a couple of their cars. If PD sell 5 million copies of the game, its another 5 million critics out there to recommend/rip into a maker's pride and joy.

You have any sources?
 
Unfortunately it's one of the only areas Forza beats GT on - selection of cars; they were much more "economical" with their choices and their are very few cars in their that are uninteresting, partly due to the fact that they can be modded slightly. Of course I know they don't touch on the feel of GT4 + a DFP, but I'd like to see PD take this lesson from Forza in developing GT5.
 
The "carriage" POSs...I B-spec'd it around Tsukuba: 7:57.xxx :blah:
 
right now i feel that there is no car that "shouldn't be" in GT4. I mean; I like this car, you like that one. TASTE is what it's about. Sometimes less is more, but in this case: MORE IS MORE. Maybe I wake up tomorrow and feel like drivin one of those Skyline's...
 
KSaiyu
Unfortunately it's one of the only areas Forza beats GT on - selection of cars; they were much more "economical" with their choices and their are very few cars in their that are uninteresting, partly due to the fact that they can be modded slightly. Of course I know they don't touch on the feel of GT4 + a DFP, but I'd like to see PD take this lesson from Forza in developing GT5.

With the exception of the Porsche and Ferrari range I actually got quite quickly bored with the car range in Forza, and its no better than GT in its duplication. Two versions of the Audi R8 in different race trims (but same model year), same with a few other race cars.

I quickly went back to GT4 just to throw the Fiat 500 around Paris again (the physics in Forza didn't help matters).



coolacrille
right now i feel that there is no car that "shouldn't be" in GT4. I mean; I like this car, you like that one. TASTE is what it's about. Sometimes less is more, but in this case: MORE IS MORE. Maybe I wake up tomorrow and feel like drivin one of those Skyline's...

Now that I quite agree with

Regards

Scaff
 
I think just like there is a number of skylines and Rx-7s and NSx's to show there progress from when they were first introduced to there death...(the nsx's is comin) I think They should do they same with more cars but not just have like a kzillion of the same year different model type. I personally think they did okay with the Corvette but they could of also have done it with the camaro and the mustang. Personally instead of being a Japanese car biased game (I KNOw IT IS A Japanese GAME) I think that there should be just as many german american and brit cars as there are Japanese cars especially in the used car lots in which is very rare to find an american car or even german car in there.
 
Back