Cars which share the same headlights?

The taillights on the first gen Dodge Durango were used from the 3rd gen Chrysler minivans.
dodge_durango_1997_pictures_2_1024x768.jpg

dodge_caravan_1995_pictures_1.jpg

When Ladas where sold in Canada, the Niva Pickup's taillights were taken straight from the Chevy Astro/GMC Safari.
1990-Lada-Niva-Truck-rear.jpg

2002_chevrolet_astro-pic-16063-640x480.jpeg

I'm surprised Nissan didn't take something out of their own parts bin. It's not as if they didn't have literally hundreds of designs to choose from.

SVX
Literally the first page :lol:
I mean...it was kind of mentioned in triplicate on the first page, with two references to the other thread, in which the use is brought up at least once (no fewer than three times, in fact).

:P

You could be real asinine about it and suggest that it'd been mentioned seven times minimum, if you multiply the three instances in the other thread by the two references to that thread on the first page of this one, in addition to the direct mention to which you referred.

Yeeeeaaahh...I need to get some sleep.

I believe alot of people´s favourite cars could get "ruined" with these photos but keep them coming.

Probably isn't surprising to anyone but I wanted to present something a little more high-end and modern that cheap British supercars.

Ferrari themselves are not afraid of delving into the OEM parts bin, even for their multi million-dollar hypercars.

599 GTB:
untitled.png

LaFerrari:
ferrari-laferrari-rear-taillights.jpg

That means LaFerrari Apertas produced in 2017 were using decade-old taillights during their production run. Now if I was a LaFerrari owner and could do whatever I wanted, I'd see about swapping the taillights with those of the 488 GTB instead.

The latter's lens body also appears to taper more than the former's, though that could be an optical illusion.

I think Caterham works by the whole "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy with regard to those taillights.

The Lotus 7 had them when the Hillman Hunter was a contemporary car. Caterhams are just a continuation so, like you say, why change ‘em.

I'd seen this image begore.

attachment.php

I highly doubt those details are accurate, though. They seem pretty implausible. I suspect Shelby just had random stuff on hand at that point from when he messed around with Corvairs at the beginning of the decade.

Last edited:
Not sure if this counts for this thread, but I imagine plenty of us have seen recreational vehicles using passenger car lights. I wish I had photos, but I've seen a couple amusing ones. Most of them have headlights/taillights off of trucks or vans (like the Ford E-Series or Chevrolet Express), however, I've seen ones with 2004 Toyota Camry taillights turned sideways and upside down Chevrolet Impala headlights on some.

The Ford Excursion recycled the tailights from the 1992-2014 E-series vans.
ford_excursion_1999_images_1_1024x768.jpg

ford_e-series_1995_pictures_1_1024x768.jpg

Quick mention, take a look at the taillights at this Winnebago Rialta & take a wild guess where they were taken from.
1_36825_2413431_61934677.jpg

Can you think of any other RVs that borrow lights that are from commonly seen cars & trucks?

Back