Cars which share the same headlights?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
So I was looking at cars as you normally do and noticed that the old ford mondeos share the same rear lights as the Noble M12, I was wondering if there are any other cases of this occurring.

Here is my example.

50a62e98cbe142e379e1799c6764c19e.png

89b50325198dfab3009a4b74590026d3.png

The Jaguar XJ220:
what-cars-have-the-same-lights-06.jpg

Appears to have borrowed it's rear lights from the Rover 200:
what-cars-have-the-same-rear-lights.jpg

Those aren't headlights ;) but anyway yeah why develop your own when you can pinch some already cheaply mass-produced, TVR did the same thing:

Vauxhall Cavalier

TVR Griffith
She's still beautiful, the Griffith that is :D.

Another TVR which shares rear lights is the Cerbera, the rear light cluster of the Cerbera comes from an old Ford Fiesta. It's less obvious is most pictures though becuase the clustesr in the TVR is behind an outter housing which is shaped quite differently and hides most of the detail, unless it's a well lit close up like this.

images

what-cars-have-the-same-lights-07.jpg

Last edited:
Another TVR which shares rear lights is the Cerbera, the rear light cluster of the Cerbera comes from an old Ford Fiesta. It's less obvious is most pictures though becuase the clustesr in the TVR is behind an outter housing which is shaped quite differently and hides most of the detail, unless it's a well lit close up like this.

images

what-cars-have-the-same-lights-07.jpg

Wow, TIL this! 👍

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is the wild MG SV...
car_photo_18869.jpg

Which takes it headlights from a very modest Fiat Punto
fiat_punto_hgt_abarth_nz-spec_6.jpg

Interestingly, the headlights are swapped left for right and right for left. And the Morgan uses the Mini's turn signals, too.

The prefacelift Aero 8 used the headlights from the VW New Beetle, again swapped left to right and vice versa, which gave it a rather "crosseyed" look.

Hard to source pics on the phone, but I believe the original Zondas share their taillights with another Euro car.

Apparently Peter Stevens had the marker lights flipped around on the F1 so that ever-so-perfectionnist Gordon Murray would not notice they were from a Lotus.

623834-1000-0@2x.jpg

a801120ba3c46aa176f1cba39cc4c41e_XL.jpg

The Zonda shares it's lights with the Ford Think and the Lamborghini Diablo VT:

I think, as with the the McLaren/Bova lights, the Diablo/Zonda rear lights are off-the-shelf items made by Hella or Magneti Marelli rather than something designed specifically for one particular car/bus. They end up getting used on all sorts of vehicles and trailers etc.

Back