Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
Part of the problem isn't just EA but Porsche as well. If they don't want out of their contract with EA to explore and go with other games, then they're as much to blame as EA. It's probably the amount of monies EA gives em to be more than most developers are willing to go.

Part of the problem isn't just EA but Porsche as well. If they don't want out of their contract with EA to explore and go with other games, then they're as much to blame as EA. It's probably the amount of monies EA gives em to be more than most developers are willing to go.
But EA can pay the big bucks, you see.

I Also blame Porsche for this, because Porsche actually doesn't care about Video-Games.

For Porsche it's okay to be feeded with Money by Daddy ''EA'' while their creations are shown in boring Street Racers vs Police games who are the same every year.

Volkswagen is not in charge, Porsche holds a higher stake in Volkswagen AG through their holding group. Although do correct me if I'm wrong in how that works, but regardless Porsche is in control of their own rights unless the deal between them and EA does allegedly give EA full access and power over their video game licensing.

....Whole thing between Porsche and VW is pretty complicated affair, going back to the time of inception of both companies.
If I remember correctly, currently VW owns certain % of Porsche shares. BUT!! Porsche in turn owns a large amount of VW Group shares along with other investors. Go figure. {shrugs shoulder}

The German government put a law in place when Volkswagen was privatized in the 1960s essentially to prevent any foreign company from taking over Volkswagen so long as the government owned over 20% (because they could veto a sale). Porsche the holding company began buying up portions of Volkswagen to stave off any threat of takeover when the EU threatened to overturn that law, and when Porsche extended control to over 50% the financial crisis made it so Porsche couldn't afford to keep ownership. What the Porsche family then did was sell a small portion of the holding company to raise funds, restructured 49% of Porsche AG (the car company) as belonging to Volkswagen AG to lower their debts, and later reorganized Porsche AG (the car company) as a Volkswagen AG subsidiary by selling all of the remaining shares of the company to Volkswagen so they could buy back the holding company so it was once again completely controlled by the Porsche family. So it basically goes Porsche (the car company) is 100% owned by Volkwagen (the car company), which is 51% owned by Porsche (the holding company) which is 100% controlled by Porsche (the family).

The only difference between Porsche/Volkswagen now and Porsche/Volkswagen before 2007 is that the control the Porsche and Piech family have over Volkswagen is more formally established than the loose partnerships and several positions of power that they had before hand. It doesn't mean that any Porsche partnerships established before the merger are null and void; and it doesn't even really mean that Volkwagen has direct say in Porsche's future partnerships.

Last edited:
Probably as likely as Kaz realising that not everyone likes Skylines. All 600 variants of them.
I have yet to buy any AWD Datson product.

RUF would be enough if they had all models in the game with removable aero parts replaceable with PD/RUF made "stock" parts to allow users to create Porsches from RUFs by themselves.
I agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh guys... on forza they say they wanted porsche back... (they have the Yellowbird, a slightly detuned version of the CTR2 that is RWD and the RT12S) and they didn't use it much in FM4...

So I guess I'm in total minority because I think Porsche can pound it right up their keister for signing that deal with EA 20 years ago or whatever?
Porsche and EA can go get married, I have 10 other racing games and a thousand other auto manufactures.
And RUF, which is basically the same.

Porsche's are underpowered and overrated.
IMO, of course.( cuz I know there's a troll that wants me to know it's my opinion )

This whole porsche thing puzzles me as we saw only Forza 3/Forza 4 have it recently outside of EA. So how long is this license? Like 10yrs? How can that be?

So only Microsoft have enough money to buy it from EA?

This whole porsche thing puzzles me as we saw only Forza 3/Forza 4 have it recently outside of EA. So how long is this license? Like 10yrs? How can that be?

So only Microsoft had enough money to buy it from EA?

Fixed that for you. Forza 4 only had Porsche Via DLC after EA agreed. Ever since however, no Porsche has appeared.

I went back to look at the car lists of a couple of games that I played: PGR2 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 and one odd thing I noticed. They both had Porsches in them. Granted, TXR3 had Gemballa Porsches, but still. How? I really want to know how this was possible? Did they just pay the EA sub-license or what?

I think its just EA greed. They had the license since the NFS Porsche days and they had a reasonable license fee.

And then they just kept increasing the fee.

Back