Chances of Porsche in GT6

Paid Porsche DLC

• Total voters
I don't care about the newer Porsche's, Electronic A:censored: can keep those as far as I'm concerned.

But the classic cars, that's something else. This car, for instance:

porsche.jpg

It's such a waste of such fine cars to be in the hands of EA.

A good thing about Gran Turismo being more and more present in the real world of cars and motorsports is that sooner or later some VIP within Porsche is going to attend one of these events and think "hey, why can't we be part of this thing as well?". Then they'll contact EA and ask them to create a Porsche showcase for the next Le Mans, only to find out that what they did was to take their LMP car and turn it into a police interceptor. And that will be the end of this cruel and oppressive EA dictatorship :cheers:

I went back to look at the car lists of a couple of games that I played: PGR2 and Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 and one odd thing I noticed. They both had Porsches in them. Granted, TXR3 had Gemballa Porsches, but still. How? I really want to know how this was possible? Did they just pay the EA sub-license or what?
Genki probably fudged things regarding whether what they did was actually legal.

I think if you mangle the designs slightly you can get away with it. For example you can exchange over half of the cells in your body with the ones next to them, and it would technicially be a different body but look identica.

I think if you mangle the designs slightly you can get away with it. For example you can exchange over half of the cells in your body with the ones next to them, and it would technicially be a different body but look identica.

It still wouldn't work. If F1 can shut down games that have different cars with slightly revision bodies that are identical to an RB8 or RB9 then it shouldn't be hard to see how a company like Porsche could do the same.

idea: they could probably add a genuine Porsche bodykit and modifications to make the RUF's into their Porsche versions, like FH2 does.

I wish people could stop complaining about the villans, "EA", and start directing their anger at Porsche, who is actually to blame.
EA is an intelligent company making an intelligent move. Porsche locked their cars away from us, not EA.

idea: they could probably add a genuine Porsche bodykit and modifications to make the RUF's into their Porsche versions, like FH2 does.
Rufs are actually better performing versions of Porsche's anyway. The entire Ruf line is available to GT should they choose to exploit it and the license can't be that expensive if it's in other very small budget games. You could even turn Ruf's into fantasy GT and other touring/rally etc. cars, again, as other small budget games have shown is possible. Without Porsche available you'd think this would be a no-brainer for PD but apparently they are happy with 15 year old models and standard/semi-premium versions of the cars.

I think that it is preparing as PD is greeted Porsche at any time.
LMP1 Nissan will come in June, but the last year of LMP car, it does not come to the GT6.
If they choose the historical and cultural importance car, I think that it has left the frame of the important manufacturers has returned last year to the WEC.

2010 - 908 HDi FAP
2011 - R18 TDI
2012 - TS030 Hybrid
2013 - Zytek Z11SN (LMP2)
2014 - (919 Hybrid)
2015 - GT-R LM LMP1

Sorry. It is through translation.

That's not how RUF works, and anyways lack of new Porsche's isn't why most people complain about the manufacture not being in any games outside of EA. More so they complain about the cars that are no longer made by Porsche and were never made by RUF like the race cars.

That's not how RUF works, and anyways lack of new Porsche's isn't why most people complain about the manufacture not being in any games outside of EA. More so they complain about the cars that are no longer made by Porsche and were never made by RUF like the race cars.
You really think more people are waiting for old Porsche race cars than for new shiny ones?
I'd guesstimate it's 10-1 the opposite. :lol:

I wish people could stop complaining about the villans, "EA", and start directing their anger at Porsche, who is actually to blame.
EA is an intelligent company making an intelligent move. Porsche locked their cars away from us, not EA.

They're both to blame. But at least Porsche has a point when they say that they're in the car business, not in the video game business and that they'd rather leave it to EA to manage the video game license for them.

EA, on the other hand, are blaming Porsche for everything, saying that "it's Porsche who decides what games they want their cars to be in, we have nothing to do with that". Yeah right...

EA = Need for Greed.

Genki probably fudged things regarding whether what they did was actually legal.
Yeah, probably. That could also explain how Rockstar was able to model Gemballa Porsches in Midnight Club 3.

EDIT: That's all I needed to know, that has been driving me crazy for a while.

Remember, Genki had up to that point not actually bothered to even seek licencing, but the three games in the series prior to Xtreme Racer 3 were still loaded with the exact same cars that the GT series built its foundation on anyway. I suspect they got away with it for so long simply because it wasn't a headlining franchise like Gran Turismo or Need for Speed; and the somewhat looser restrictions on licencing in Japan where the franchise was always more popular.

Remember, Genki had up to that point not actually bothered to even seek licencing, but the three games in the series prior to Xtreme Racer 3 were still loaded with the exact same cars that the GT series built its foundation on anyway. I suspect they got away with it for so long simply because it wasn't a headlining franchise like Gran Turismo or Need for Speed; and the somewhat looser restrictions on licencing in Japan where the franchise was always more popular.

I like how they named their cars according to their real life engine or chassis codes. The RX-7 merely became the FD3S. I'll always remember the RPT7 from zero. Ironically, this is one of the few in which I could never figure out what RPT7 actually referred to in regards to the NSX.

Let me put it like this. Ferrari are exclusive to Microsoft and yet they freely sublicense Ferrari... to Sony... to anyone who will pay at a reasonable price.

This is Microsoft we are talking about. One of the greediest scummy companies on the planet.

I have no great love for Porsche and I dont blame them for this, they are money grubbing scum just like any car company ultimately. But I put car companies on a different level to game companies.

It is EA. They are scum. And the evidence backs that. They have been voted the worst American company multiple years, back to back.

Oh, right; Genki didn't even license the cars in the earlier TXR games and rather just named them something else. I think I can fully understand now, due to the looser restrictions in Japan and how not so well-known they were in comparison to GT or NFS; they were able to just slip under the radar. That makes sense as to why PD would never be able to get away with something similar.

------

Also, I decided to go back to putting blame on EA. I can't really blame Porsche for just wanting to do business and not care for games, but I will blame EA for charging the price for their sub-license so high.

Let me put it like this. Ferrari are exclusive to Microsoft and yet they freely sublicense Ferrari... to Sony... to anyone who will pay at a reasonable price.
Where does it say Ferrari are exclusive to Microsoft?
This is Microsoft we are talking about. One of the greediest scummy companies on the planet.
Corporations exist to make money, that's their purpose for being.
I have no great love for Porsche and I dont blame them for this, they are money grubbing scum just like any car company ultimately. But I put car companies on a different level to game companies.
See above.
It is EA. They are scum. And the evidence backs that. They have been voted the worst American company multiple years, back to back.
And yet they continue to exist and make money. If the cash is flowing in the door, nobody cares about top 10 lists.

This is false. Microsoft, circa the release of Forza 3, held an exclusive licence for Ferrari on Microsoft platforms. This means they had control over them officially appearing in games on the 360 and Windows PCs, and were able to allow or disallow other companies to do so. These were supposedly the terms that Microsoft used to bargain with EA to get Porsches into Forza 3. Microsoft has seemingly let those exclusive rights expire since then, since according to Greenawalt himself circa-Forza 4's prerelease they were unwilling to continue using them as competitive leverage over other games.

They have been voted the worst American company multiple years, back to back.
At least one of those "wins", and probably all of them, was a direct result of a 4Chan raid on the voting in that particular "contest"; so it means absolutely nothing.

Afaik, MS had an exclusive Ferrari license on PC and Xbox. Not on PlayStation.
And it's all a thing of the past.

Edit: See above

Last edited:

This is how I feel about Singer. There must be a way to get the 911 in the game. Just name them Singer without using the name Porsche and 911. Even if they could use the code name for the model like 964 and 993, etc. There has to be a way.

Does the EA deal include "likeness" to a Porsche? Because, whether PD have a license or not, a Ruf looks like a Porsche.

This is how I feel about Singer. There must be a way to get the 911 in the game. Just name them Singer without using the name Porsche and 911. Even if they could use the code name for the model like 964 and 993, etc. There has to be a way.

Does the EA deal include "likeness" to a Porsche? Because, whether PD have a license or not, a Ruf looks like a Porsche.

Ruf, unlike singer, is a Manufacterer so despite the "likeness", that has no effect on Ruf.

Ruf, unlike singer, is a Manufacterer so despite the "likeness", that has no effect on Ruf.

Indeed, I understand that about Ruf.
Singer own that car. Are Singer, giving Porsche money for selling modified 911s? Does someone personally owning a Porsche fall under the umbrella of the Porsche licence? Like the Pozzi Camaro? Did PD have to get a licence from GM so they could include her Camaro in the game?
I'm reaching here. I mentioned once before in this thread. Kaz owns a GT3. Could that not be a free DLC and named for example: Kaz Garage GT3?

If they could have just done that they most certainly wouldn't have gone into such a panic when people found Kaz's 911 GT3 as a hidden car in... er, GT3. And the widely reported and showcased Lamborghini Diablo in the Japanese release of the same game wouldn't have had to be pulled in North America and completely deleted off the disc for PAL releases.

They're both to blame. But at least Porsche has a point when they say that they're in the car business, not in the video game business and that they'd rather leave it to EA to manage the video game license for them.

EA, on the other hand, are blaming Porsche for everything, saying that "it's Porsche who decides what games they want their cars to be in, we have nothing to do with that". Yeah right...

EA = Need for Greed.
It blows my mind that you actually blame the company buying the license. Especially with that excuse.

If they could have just done that they most certainly wouldn't have gone into such a panic when people found Kaz's 911 GT3 as a hidden car in... er, GT3. And the widely reported and showcased Lamborghini Diablo in the Japanese release of the same game wouldn't have had to be pulled in North America and completely deleted off the disc for PAL releases.
I heard the rumor that this had got Porsche very angry, and that the relationship between PD and them had been bad until GT5. In trying to earn the license for Porsche (failed due to the deal, of course), PD showed them modelled Kuebelwagen and Schwimmwagen, both of which were designed by Ferdinand Porsche, and remedy the relationship.

isn't porsche owned by VW? in that case, why did the scirocco/golf R's get allowed into virtually every single racing game (not even kidding, I know that at least both forza companies, ubisoft and PD own the scirocco, the last two with racing varients.

Back