Cheapest Place To Buy GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter ENTERSANDMAN13
  • 20 comments
  • 1,459 views
Messages
3,385
England
Kings Lynn.
Messages
Dixon_F1
My Mum Cracked my disk , as they dont care generally anyway, im not gunna argue..

Anyway i went to gamestation today, it was £ 42! After 4-5 months?

Anyone know where i can buy a new disk cheap ? (er) :D
 
Doesn't surprise me, most retailers in the States still have it marked up at $60+. Given the amount of wailing about GT5 that we read here though, surely Ebay must be flooded with unwanted copies? :sly:
 
ebay?
 
Don't buy it new, buy it used and I wouldn't use eBay personally.
 
I was in 'cash convertors' the other day and they had loads of traded GT5's, there were at least 4 or 5 on a small display. £30 each though.

Is it true that if you buy a 2nd hand game there will be certain content not available to you?

2nd hand games from Blockbuster have a sticker on the front warning of this, also my GT5 was 2nd hand and at no point when I first interted did it ask me if I wanted to do a full install.
 
I was in 'cash convertors' the other day and they had loads of traded GT5's, there were at least 4 or 5 on a small display. £30 each though.

Is it true that if you buy a 2nd hand game there will be certain content not available to you?

Unless its an EA game or others similar to it, that won't happen. EA only supplies a onetime key for online content, and repurchasing the game used didn't allow me to use online content for free :ouch: and I would have had to pay an extra $30 just to get it :ouch::ouch:.

2nd hand games from Blockbuster have a sticker on the front warning of this, also my GT5 was 2nd hand and at no point when I first interted did it ask me if I wanted to do a full install.

Does the game offer you an option to do a full install at any point? I think you can select it from the game's menu as well if it wasn't done beforehand.
 
The cheapest place I can think of is a pawn shop.
 
Grainger games for 25 quid

Depends where you live uk?

Grainger games have different prices in different shops not always the same price across the board for second hand.

gamestation are pricey as well...... what about amazon.co.uk and .com good second hand prices on there i believe.
 
Thanks everyone for the replies, looks like its abit of browsing for me then :/...
 
On Topic : I just picked up a new GT5 in grainger games for £30 today after seeing a used copy in Blockbuster for the same price.

Off Topic : I'm a bit alarmed at one of the responses about using used games online, I just bought EA Sports Fight Night Rd4 used while i was there, does this mean I'm gonna have probs playing it online ?
 
On Topic :
Off Topic : I'm a bit alarmed at one of the responses about using used games online, I just bought EA Sports Fight Night Rd4 used while i was there, does this mean I'm gonna have probs playing it online ?

Fight Night Round 4 came out before this new rule. It's games > '11 http://www.easports.com/onlinepass
 
Considering he's got his location as "England," those are probably not going to be the best for him...

lol thanks, i ended up trading in nfs hot pursuit, and had som money on my gamestation card, so only paid £12 :D
 
Back