Civic Sadness

  • Thread starter Thread starter ~Sp33~
  • 981 comments
  • 46,432 views
Looking in the local paper finds me a fair few of the exact model that i want for very reasonable prices. For that i should be able to fix all the the necessary repairs and make it fully sic, with pumpin' v-tec mate XD. Only time shall tell.
 
We're still alive I see. Wow....I'm actually going to congrat the thread maker on such a long thread. Usually, they're dead after at least a month. :)
 
Haha, why thank you. Ofcourse i couldnt have done it without you guys, * wipes away a tear*.
 
Hmmm... we go from a Civic Sedan to a Primera 2.0? Dude, if I were still young and that thing fell into my lap, I'd be in big trouble... that's a car just itching for a turbo-swap.
 
where talking in gt4 here. XD those 2.o primera are rather expensive here in aus.. Stupid resale value.
 
Aww... poop, you got me all excited. (ex-SR20 owner here... :lol: )
 
my blabbering as played a rather large part in it i'm sure...
 
~Sp33~
where talking in gt4 here. XD those 2.o primera are rather expensive here in aus.. Stupid resale value.
They're really worth it though, great cars to drive. You should be able to get a decent 2.0 with moderate km's for $4,000 AUS. You'd probably pay a bit more for a sub 100,000km one since they're about 15 years old. They're a really reliable car too, my dad's done about 50,000km in his since he bought it with 36,000km on it and it hasn't needed anything other than tune-ups and 10,000km servicing done to it. If I was gonna buy another sedan I'd definately get a Primera.
 
Hmmm... Primera 2.0, 1.8 tranny swap, DET turbo and manifold... :lol: ...now I'm babbling.
 
Mad Murphy NZ
They're really worth it though, great cars to drive. You should be able to get a decent 2.0 with moderate km's for $4,000 AUS. You'd probably pay a bit more for a sub 100,000km one since they're about 15 years old. They're a really reliable car too, my dad's done about 50,000km in his since he bought it with 36,000km on it and it hasn't needed anything other than tune-ups and 10,000km servicing done to it. If I was gonna buy another sedan I'd definately get a Primera.

Wow, is that it?. You sure your not talking about the pulsar? Coz theyre going around that price.. But i was sure the Primera was more expensive around; 10k mark. ( AUS ofcourse)
 
btw, whats the max power you can pull out with a civic in GT4? i really dont wanna waste my money on it thats why im asking -_-.

lets say.. Turbo stage 5 and all other upgrades.. Whats the max hp & torque?
 
I remember you could get 432hp ( or very close to) in gt3 with a Civic Eg hatch. But the power figured have bummed out in gt4 to meerly low 300's, ( waits on exact figures).
 
~Sp33~
Wow, is that it?. You sure your not talking about the pulsar? Coz theyre going around that price.. But i was sure the Primera was more expensive around; 10k mark. ( AUS ofcourse)
Yes, I'm talking about Primeras. I'm talking about the first series one, like the one in GT4. The 2 litre model comes in 3 variations, TE, TM and 4WD. TE is the top spec model, it has ABS and a different interior, costs slightly more and in my opinion not worth it really. The 4WD model features 4WD for safety not performance. You can pick an auto one up for anything starting from around $2000 from what I've seen too. Primeras really aren't rare at all here, theres thousands of them everywhere, they were a really popular import a few years ago. They may cost more in Australia, I dunno.
 
I havent seen a primera around for aages. Where they ever actually sold in NZ?. that would explain both thier price, and their abundance.
 
~Sp33~
I havent seen a primera around for aages. Where they ever actually sold in NZ?. that would explain both thier price, and their abundance.
You can get JDM models of pretty much any Japanese car made since the early 80's or possibly earlier here. We have really relaxed import laws on second hand cars, currently you're allowed to import anything made after 1 Jan 96 (due to new impact regulation crap, though there's older cars that comply I think and I'm not gonna read through all the Import standards to find out) although anything over 20 years old can be registered regardless of impact regulations. Obviously you're still allowed to import unregistered cars, a lot of people do that for parts/race cars. Only 4 more years untill R32 GTR's can be registered again :). I'm also pretty sure there's not much in the way of emmissions regulations either. New Zealand is regarded as having the best selection of Japanese cars outside of Japan.
 
i told you it would be easy to get your hands on a jdm car over there. here in the US i hear it takes something like at least 6 months to get **** cleared up. sometimes more. its just easier to buy every little thing on ebay and get a jdm clip and do it that way. damn america... i swear...
 
Mad Murphy NZ
What are the laws on RHD cars in America?

I'm not sure, but I doubt they're given a warm welcome, despite the fact that our government-owned mail trucks are RHD...
 
its easier if a model similar to the one being imported was sold in the country because you cant say all safty is the same and it can be modded to work with the emission laws. the rhd is a bit of a problem but its not exactly illegal i think.
 
I borrowed my dad's Primera while my car was getting fixed today and took it for a good hoon round the hills, went pretty hard and corners damn nicely, especially for a fwd sedan. Weekday mornings are the best time to go for hill drives, once I got off the main road over the hills and on to the Summit Road there were no other cars so I could open it right out and use both lanes, just like night time only without the darkness :). Though I don't like it so much when i can see whats over those vertical drops with no barrierss...
 
Man, I wish I had the time. Last good hill run I had was over a month ago.

Might have a track run later this month. If my cousin gets his brakes fixed and his springs changed before then, it would be nice to run up against his Civic Sedan. He's got an SiR and I've got a 2.0 Mazda. It ought to be close.
 
its pretty damn flat around here. the only places that are a bit hilly are the highways and we all know how many cops live on those things...
 
Dude, you live on the continental US of A. Next long break you get... road trip.

Heck, the land area we've got is so small, we could squeeze the Philippines into Texas and you wouldn't be able to spot it on the map... but I've done at least a dozen road trips in the past four years which were over 200 miles or 300 miles out into the boondocks (local word for mountain: bundok... get it? inter-lingual pun... nahhh. :lol: ). Some of them for work, some on vacation... and some shorter ones alone, and just for the hell of it... and those are the most fun of all. Nothing, and I mean nothing is quite like driving a nearly deserted mountain road in the middle of nowhere at 2 am with a cloudless sky and a full moon. :D My cousin and I often drive that same mountain route, but the only time we were together, we were in my old 626. I'm looking forward to a time I can chase his Civic with my car up and down that twisty two hour stretch. :D
 
*sigh*. All this talk makes me want to hurry up and get muh civic already. PSi civic may be interested to read the stats i found on the EF Sedan.

Power 72KW
Torque 122Nm
Weight to Power Ratio 12.96 : 1kg/kW
Tank Capacity 45litres
Turning Circle 10.4m
Kerb Weight 933kg
Highway Fuel Consumption 6.2 (lt/100km)
City Fuel Consumption 8 (lt/100km)
Towing Capacity 600kg
Release Date 01/11/1987
Discontinued Date 01/10/1993
New Price (standard) 23350

XD

~Sp33~
 
i dunno what most of that means as here in america we use the imperial system. i can tell you the tank is something like 11 gallons, the curd weight of mine is 2147 but ranged from 2088 to 2220lbs. the power was from 92-108hp is the usdm trim.
 
kewl. :) yeah i have minimal idea of what the rate of change is between hp and kw.. i think its close to 1.4 something.
 
Back