Civic Sadness

  • Thread starter Thread starter ~Sp33~
  • 981 comments
  • 46,432 views
what is this job thing you speak of?

actually i just need to stop getting fired is what i need to do...
 
yup... same here... I lasted till last week... Thats why I've been posting here, wasnt a big poster here but know I'm getting the feeling of it, plus I have nothing more to do... Gas cost too much so I could go ride on the streets to feel my car, make some fun with it and watch the girls... I miss the time when the gas was so cheap... lol
 
3 years ago it was a $1.40 now we're lucky as hell to see $2.40 if not $3.00 which seems to be the norm.
 
pSI civic
3 years ago it was a $1.40 now we're lucky as hell to see $2.40 if not $3.00 which seems to be the norm.

well, you're talking gallons, we dont talk gallons here in Quebec, we talk liters... Back in time (mid-end of the 90s), the gas was under 0,60 the liter... Muscle car guyz were enjoying their sunny week-ends... Now the muscle car guys prefer to push the car into the driveway, wash it and show it... lol
 
the sad thing is while they could sell crude for about $35 a barrel easy they are selling it for $60+. i dunno about you but i call that a killing. when you put that on top of the u.s' inability to refine anymore then we already are and the fact that we really arent looking for alternitive forms of energy AND the growing economys or india and china... we're screwed.
 
pSI civic
the sad thing is while they could sell crude for about $35 a barrel easy they are selling it for $60+. i dunno about you but i call that a killing. when you put that on top of the u.s' inability to refine anymore then we already are and the fact that we really arent looking for alternitive forms of energy AND the growing economys or india and china... we're screwed.

Bush and his quest to the black gold... this is why... no questions ask... (my opinion eh)
 
this is quickly turning into a political rant... quick! back to the civics!
 
its scary how far to the left i am capable of leaning... *shudders*

so then... civics... hmm...
 
I think we already said everything about civics, didnt we ? lol
 
i dont wanna download any vids. when are you getting the swap and putting it in the car?
 
pSI civic
i dont wanna download any vids. when are you getting the swap and putting it in the car?

well you dont download, it plays right on the site...

For the swap, I'm waiting to have the money to buy the mecanic and after that I'll swap it with my friends. Some of my friends are big guys in mecanic so... Pretty much into November or December... I'll see... NEED A JOB !!! lol
 
how much are you expecting to pay for the whole thing? parts and to put it in.
 
pSI civic
how much are you expecting to pay for the whole thing? parts and to put it in.

Full b18c1 kit (engine, tranny, ecu), here in Quebec I been told that I could have this for 2800-3000$ for something non-beated and low-mileage.. But I'm gonna see for a brand new kit, I think it rolls around 3500$...
 
yeah thats what i expected. i think thats a bit to much to pay but thats what it goes for...

i'd just get a new zc and turbo it if i were you... then again you want vtec.
 
pSI civic
yeah thats what i expected. i think thats a bit to much to pay but thats what it goes for...

i'd just get a new zc and turbo it if i were you... then again you want vtec.

lol its not only that I want VTEC... first the b18c1 is more powerful in stock version and yes it has VTEC.. I dont really want to make a turbo car because thats too much money. Some basic mods and some extra mods will be on it, such as exhaust, exhaust line, headers, cai, chip, some head works to make the engine much stronger to endure high rpm with high compression (10.0.1 i think for the b18c1). So that would be something good, but I dont want to go to far so it completely change the GSR sound... Oh and something like a little intercooler could be good but I dunno if I'll put one... I dont really want to get involved in high tuning, at least not on this one... Maybe later with another car, or maybe another EF, who knows...

EDIT: well I'm gonna go to sleep, its 4 am here... Gotta sleep... lol
 
well you need a turbo to have an intercooler... but the gs-r engine is nice. personaly i'd go sohc turbo if i had the money but hey...
 
hey you guys are familiar with civics, my bro was arguing with me that his '96 ex is the exact same motor as my other brothers low model '05 civic. what do you guys think? you can bet your ass i dont think its the same engine at all, i mean c'mon its been almost 10 years.

im iffy if the '96 has vtec, which i think it does, but im somewhat sure the '05 (NOT new model '06) doesnt have vtec because its the really low end model...
 
svtsnake
hey you guys are familiar with civics, my bro was arguing with me that his '96 ex is the exact same motor as my other brothers low model '05 civic. what do you guys think? you can bet your ass i dont think its the same engine at all, i mean c'mon its been almost 10 years.

im iffy if the '96 has vtec, which i think it does, but im somewhat sure the '05 (NOT new model '06) doesnt have vtec because its the really low end model...


Well it depends on engine size? which size are they?

96 Civics did have sohc & dohc VTECs but the also had non VTECs

if its the 1.4 then they are definately not VTEC

It shouldnt be the same engine im not 100% tho - could be very similar power though but not the same engine at all.
 
SRV2LOW4ME
Why would you want a 4 door Civic? There was never a 4 door Civic with an engine worth putting in GT

My baby begs to differ.

threewheelin.jpg


Stealsoul is an essentially stock '97 Civic EX with the D16Y8 SOHC VTEC. Not as saucy as the B16A SIR-IIs in Japan, but I've walked B16A EK coupes and EP Civic Sis on the autocross course without breaking a sweat. And that's in real life, folks -- no "need for speed" to satiate my appetite for Civic speed.

The line of RSs is a picture taken at the Twin Ring Motegi's Active Safety Training Park, which puts Civic sedans (used to be 4WD Civic Ferio RTSis, if I remember correctly) out onto a wet gymkhana course to teach drivers about wet weather handling techniques.
 
the 96 EX used a d16y8. the 05 civic used a d17a. they are not the same engine. the 96 had vtec but the low end model in 05 did not have vtec.
 
pSI civic
the 96 EX used a d16y8. the 05 civic used a d17a. they are not the same engine. the 96 had vtec but the low end model in 05 did not have vtec.

thats funny tho, lastest model and dont have VTEC... ahahah
 
the higher ex model had vtec. it used a d17 as well but it used a different head.
 
Back