Clio Cup Full!Finished 

• Thread starter Ryan Wall
  • 275 comments
Failures are on buddy, nobody has had any real problems unless they have sustained damage, I had 2 engine blow outs one in the first race and one when I was having a little practice yesterday

Ah, no probs. Just wasn't sure if it was a bit buggy or something. Feel like its happening every other race for me. Maybe need to look at my gear changes then!

Ah, no probs. Just wasn't sure if it was a bit buggy or something. Feel like its happening every other race for me. Maybe need to look at my gear changes then!
Yehh I find it's changing down the gears too quick that makes me blow my engine

I'm getting really frustrated with this:

It seems as though the gear shifts are buggy, as I'm being thrown into 1st randomly, immediately following an upshift. This inevitably blows my engine. I'm literally only finishing 50-60% of my races.

Is anyone experiencing similar behaviour?

That is weird, I'll be honest I haven't had any issues really with anything like that. What sort of controls are you using?

It seems as though the gear shifts are buggy, as I'm being thrown into 1st randomly, immediately following an upshift. This inevitably blows my engine. I'm literally only finishing 50-60% of my races.

That is weird, I'll be honest I haven't had any issues really with anything like that. What sort of controls are you using?

I've got my DualShock 4 set up with manual shifting:
Gear Up - Square button
Gear Down - Cross button
I don't have clutch mapped to a button, so that is locked as Automatic.

Early on, I tried adapting my driving style, shifting up very early to avoid strain and shifting down late for the same reason. This didn't prevent the issue. Seems strange that it jumps to 1st, which I hadn't initially noticed it doing. Obviously I don't have 1st gear mapped either, so doesn't strike me as a controller issue. At the times I see the failures, I often haven't even been onto the grass, let alone sustained any damage.

Really odd that the issue seems to be isolated to my setup though... was hoping someone had seen it.

Apologies if I'm boring the life out of you now :) This little clip shows the 'bug' pretty clearly I think...

This doesn't result in a blown engine for once, but as I'm carrying out a downshift, the jump straight to 1st gear is really clear here.
I'm going to post this onto the bugs thread as well, just in case its something that isn't known. I can't believe my setup could be causing this, but maybe I'm wrong.

Looking forward to tomorrow night though. What is the plan for the lobby? Do we need to be friends on PSN?

Apologies if I'm boring the life out of you now :) This little clip shows the 'bug' pretty clearly I think...

This doesn't result in a blown engine for once, but as I'm carrying out a downshift, the jump straight to 1st gear is really clear here.
I'm going to post this onto the bugs thread as well, just in case its something that isn't known. I can't believe my setup could be causing this, but maybe I'm wrong.

Looking forward to tomorrow night though. What is the plan for the lobby? Do we need to be friends on PSN?

No it's alright haha, a few people have discovered strange things before I was having a practice and my car just flipped in the middle of the road for no apparent reason lol.

But I have no idea what to suggest for that bug maybe it will sort itself out I have no idea and yes I'll add you :)

Sure it's not your ds4? Haven't seen this issue brought up anywhere else

Thanks for the races guys, had a lot of fun in my first 'competitive' event :)

Annoying that my engine blew twice again though, including while 5 secs out front in race 1 :(

I noticed a few people unhappy with the 'speeds' of some of the cars in the chat... as I qualified on Pole in all 3 races, I think it may have been aimed at me... in case you want a bit of proof of default setup, I quickly did a hotlap (unfortunately you have to see the warm up lap as well), which shows the default setup before and after I go out onto the track:

Anyway - good racing!

Standings after Rounds 7-9

1. WalleyUK 103pts
2. Darksykes 87pts
3. Duudiz 86pts
4. xKLN 83pts
5. GT5_Vass 75pts
6. AleGunner 70pts
7. Bigsykester 70pts
8. Feel_My_Banter 53pts
9. Flaw3DGenius23 51pts
10. CEagle 49pts
11. Tommy_Boy_2k12 41pts
12. Lanius1984 38pts
13. DannyWUK 29pts
14. Cupra-R 22pts
15. Gener4l_Wrighty 1pts
16. JohnnyDubz 0pts

Annoying that my engine blew twice again though, including while 5 secs out front in race 1 :(

I noticed a few people unhappy with the 'speeds' of some of the cars in the chat... as I qualified on Pole in all 3 races, I think it may have been aimed at me... in case you want a bit of proof of default setup, I quickly did a hotlap (unfortunately you have to see the warm up lap as well), which shows the default setup before and after I go out onto the track:

Anyway - good racing!

Don't worry about it buddy, you might have qualified first but you didn't win every race so there should be no complaints.

Anyway - good racing!

Your an Alien aint ya? :D

Anyway - good racing!

Good racing lanius and welcome aboard

Gutted I couldn't make it last night. got some work to do now :banghead:
Haha, be glad you missed the first race was a bit of a mess 4 people blew their engines I rolled my car for no reason. The second and third were a lot better

Back