Closed Beta Update 1.07 is now available..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 153 comments
I sure hope this wasn't the last beta update as they said at E3, cause this wasn't really an update in my opinion, especially with such a low filesize. Not much they can change with that. I wouldn't call it 1.07 but 1.06.1. Here's hoping for another update, or at least another beta later on cause with some of the things in the beta its definately not ready for release yet. ;)

Beta =/= Game.

For exemple, Dragon Trails seems not updated with 1.07.

If you aren't changing/adding assets you can do a lot of tweaking with that amount of data. Will be interesting to see what is different.

Hi Guys,

Notice the damage on the back left of the GT-R? Is this prior to the v1.07?

y4mpc-LBgM9NO42LQc470hywAJ7cNUt3MXA5EkX8FDlJm6Hs2Vmz2nyOiXEJ1RW2dIHegFb8xym7JX7O4Ml8a1F7hm_YwOjEJaY38Zj1zCA1rak_k9yj84xOyeyGfUREW3wVDDD1eJLf7m7GJy4X65i9GpfgqX96Ee3rFlt6Brmk8OEUAxiViGeeBjJD3nMVpuRBx-lKsiWqKU1Zv7MXGxhEg

Hi Guys,

Notice the damage on the back left of the GT-R? Is this prior to the v1.07?

y4mpc-LBgM9NO42LQc470hywAJ7cNUt3MXA5EkX8FDlJm6Hs2Vmz2nyOiXEJ1RW2dIHegFb8xym7JX7O4Ml8a1F7hm_YwOjEJaY38Zj1zCA1rak_k9yj84xOyeyGfUREW3wVDDD1eJLf7m7GJy4X65i9GpfgqX96Ee3rFlt6Brmk8OEUAxiViGeeBjJD3nMVpuRBx-lKsiWqKU1Zv7MXGxhEg

IIRC, the damage (on the GT-R especially) has been around since 1.04, possibly even since the beginning of the beta. I believe the rest of the cars had visual damage added after 1.05 released.

IIRC, the damage (on the GT-R especially) has been around since 1.04, possibly even since the beginning of the beta. I believe the rest of the cars had visual damage added after 1.05 released.
Ah, ok mate! Thanks!

Beta =/= Game.

For exemple, Dragon Trails seems not updated with 1.07.

Yeah but I'm worried about online, as in SR and BoP, which is what this beta is for. They're both still not working as it should and we're apparently near the end of the beta.

As for Dragon Trail, it wasn't any different at E3, only a different time of day. It looked much better because of that though. But in the beta all we need is a different time of day as well and it'll look just as good.

If you aren't changing/adding assets you can do a lot of tweaking with that amount of data. Will be interesting to see what is different.

That's true, but after 2 hours of testing now I can easily say that almost nothing has been changed. Just the bugs that have been listed and maybe slightly improved FFB, but still horrible clunking on the G29 when loosing traction or steering too much.

Audio balance has been changed - kerbs reduced in volume. Still not a whole lot of wind noise with N300S.

No more GTS until they respect wheel users, they're just optimising this for DS4 users.
Front wheel understeer clipping on FFB is still there and speed sensitive steering twists my backbone and grills my nerves.

Yep I was wrong the clunking is still there :( I must not have been pushing it :D
The handling and drive of the car feels much better for me though and hope they don't mess with that part again :P Here's my best lap from testing the GT-R since the update...

Laptime 7'22.079
I lost speed a few times and hopefully another second to come off 👍

And here's my N300 Evo @ Dragon

Laptime 2'04.031

Last edited:
Shame you can't use a clutch with a customised transmission. That bugged me in GT6. Much like it bugged me when they made the throttle off mandatory and very sensitive in GT5:P. They actually started off with a borderline realistic clutch implementation, and have just slowly made it worse and worse so as not to give wheel users an advantage, as opposed to just allowing DS4 users to have a clutch button, and make things better for everybody.

The clunking of the G29 when steering a bit too much is definately still the same as well so that hasn't been fixed and continues to be very annoying.

Little surprised here as i havent been able to engage the hellish understeer clunk after the update. Dont know if we are referring to the same effect. G29 is a bit clunky alright with low sensitivity settings.

Yeah but I'm worried about online, as in SR and BoP, which is what this beta is for. They're both still not working as it should and we're apparently near the end of the beta.

As for Dragon Trail, it wasn't any different at E3, only a different time of day. It looked much better because of that though. But in the beta all we need is a different time of day as well and it'll look just as good.

Dragon Trails is different in the E3 build. I think you should look better at comparisons. For SR and BoP, these are just adjustments to make.

Yep another uninteresting update, Not enough to make me continue with the beta, Would be nice if PD let us try and test some of the other stuff like scapes seeing as they are new for GT:Sport.

Little surprised here as i havent been able to engage the hellish understeer clunk after the update. Dont know if we are referring to the same effect. G29 is a bit clunky alright with low sensitivity settings.

Just go into any corner and steer a bit more than you usually would, essentially forcing the car to understeer, you'll feel and hear the massive cluncking right away. Force Feedback settings make no difference, it's the same for all settings. Car settings make no difference either. The reason why some people think it's less or completely gone is because they're used to it and know how to avoid giving too much steering input. I had the same, I didn't feel it anymore untill I used some more steering input as I normally would. So while it's driveable after a while, when you're used to it, it's still something that shouldn't be happening. We definately need some feedback when the wheels lose traction but nothing like this.

Dragon Trails is different in the E3 build. I think you should look better at comparisons. For SR and BoP, these are just adjustments to make.

No it is not, I compared Dragon Trail in the beta on my 4K screen with the 4K E3 video that was downloadable. All parts of the track are exactly the same, only the time of day is different which is making the track look so much better. Probably no update is needed for that, they just need the different time of day to get the much better lighting on that track.

Yes SR and BoP are just adjustments, but that's what we're testing in the beta is it not? They're hardly making any changes to it though, nothing in 1.07 at least. Gr3 is fine for the most part but Gr4 and definately N300 still need work. As for SR, it still happens too many times that the one at fault gets no SR drop while the one who's in the wall or off track does get it. Many bad drivers are currently driving in the beta with S rank SR which is not good at all. These are the sort of things that need to get fixed and tested in a beta before the game actually releases. The final game's success depends on these things being right.

No it is not, I compared Dragon Trail in the beta on my 4K screen with the 4K E3 video that was downloadable. All parts of the track are exactly the same, only the time of day is different which is making the track look so much better. Probably no update is needed for that, they just need the different time of day to get the much better lighting on that track.

I'm sorry but I'm not agree :

McFiuVJ.gif

Yes SR and BoP are just adjustments, but that's what we're testing in the beta is it not? They're hardly making any changes to it though, nothing in 1.07 at least. Gr3 is fine for the most part but Gr4 and definately N300 still need work. As for SR, it still happens too many times that the one at fault gets no SR drop while the one who's in the wall or off track does get it. Many bad drivers are currently driving in the beta with S rank SR which is not good at all. These are the sort of things that need to get fixed and tested in a beta before the game actually releases. The final game's success depends on these things being right.

I haven't done any races yet to see if there are any changes after 1.07 at BOP and SR. I will see tonight.

I'm sorry but I'm not agree

Time. Of. Day.

Don't know what else to say really. :P Surely I can see the difference between 1.04 and 1.06 but I'm just not seeing it between 1.06 and E3 except for the different lighting because of the different time of day. Maybe slightly more green on the mountains in the background? Hard to tell since it's a lot darker overall. Track and environment looks the same to me otherwise.

Well two interesting bits of news today.
First the Beta update.
And now the retraction of the release date.

Regarding the Beta, obviously background adjustments.

But has the damage been as much before on the GT-R?
It looks a little more than just paint scrapes.

It surprises me they still haven't taken the opportunity to let the masses run Gr.1 cars.
If for nothing else, BoP testing.

Still, with what seems a minor update this time, perhaps we'll see another by the end of June that has a bit more to it.

Well two interesting bits of news today.
First the Beta update.
And now the retraction of the release date.

Regarding the Beta, obviously background adjustments.

But has the damage been as much before on the GT-R?
It looks a little more than just paint scrapes.

It surprises me they still haven't taken the opportunity to let the masses run Gr.1 cars.
If for nothing else, BoP testing.

Still, with what seems a minor update this time, perhaps we'll see another by the end of June that has a bit more to it.
Where was the release date retracted?

Is it just me, or....?

Some cars got buffed. Like the M6 GT3 having the braking and cornering ratings up to 4.7, higher than the previous 4.3 rating in the 1.06 version. There's much less wheelspin once you floor it.

The Peugeot VGT as well, now having a higher braking and cornering ratings too, at 4.3 respectively, up from the previous 4.0.

Is it just me, or....?

Some cars got buffed. Like the M6 GT3 having the braking and cornering ratings up to 4.7, higher than the previous 4.3 rating in the 1.06 version. There's much less wheelspin once you floor it.

The Peugeot VGT as well, now having a higher braking and cornering ratings too, at 4.3 respectively, up from the previous 4.0.
I suspect they are still changing how those numbers are calculated, and probably not huge differences in the cars capabilities.

Back