Closed Beta Update 1.07 is now available..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 153 comments
The new race times for the US beta are much better for me đź‘Ť
What are they?

Are we aligned to the UTC times published in the update documentation?

If so, I am wondering if they put us on a global time schedule?

EDK
What are they?

Are we aligned to the UTC times published in the update documentation?

If so, I am wondering if they put us on a global time schedule?

They're going on right now. N300 race now (suspect it's the last one).

"A bug which prevented certain adjustments (eg the position of the interior camera and the chase view type) from being reflected during Daily Races has been fixed"

In the past version, the camera position settings didn't save after you close the game.
Now the camera setting don't save between the races. xD

The Peugeot VGT chase cam still doesn't get closer. Just tilts down. :/

I can't access the Beta forums for some reason. Gives me an error :(

Last edited:
Are these times sticking around, or just for one day like after previous updates?
That's a good point, but this was from the article posted this morning.

"There’s also a new schedule for the daily races. Events are now available from 0500 to 2000 UTC, broadening the times that players can get online."

But then I looked in the closed beta forums and there's a post from PD staff suggesting they are just running for 24 consecutive hours following the update.

So guessing you are correct.

EDK
That's a good point, but this was from the article posted this morning.

"There’s also a new schedule for the daily races. Events are now available from 0500 to 2000 UTC, broadening the times that players can get online."

But then I looked in the closed beta forums and there's a post from PD staff suggesting they are just running for 24 consecutive hours following the update.

So guessing you are correct.

IIRC, that's the same wording as with previous updates - definitely misleading!

what makes you think that? are you playing the 1.07 version?
i have to wait till i get home from work to check out the update. i hope that throttle bug is gone!

Yep, maybe it was drivers being terrible but I've seen a lot of banged up EVOs and TTs.

I didn't unlock a car yesterday because of the update and maintenance, booo. Can't wait to pop back in.

Jerome

Yep I was wrong the clunking is still there :( I must not have been pushing it :D
The handling and drive of the car feels much better for me though and hope they don't mess with that part again :P Here's my best lap from testing the GT-R since the update...

Laptime 7'22.079
I lost speed a few times and hopefully another second to come off đź‘Ť

And here's my N300 Evo @ Dragon

Laptime 2'04.031

Could you post settings especially for GTR GR.4?

Could you post settings especially for GTR GR.4?
The set up I used is virtually identical to the set up shown after the lap in this older video! Only difference with the new lap was I put the front stabilizers on 3 instead of 1 đź‘Ť

Good luck with it :cheers:

N300 @ Dragons: Audi TT & track felt much the same

Gr4 @ 'ring: GT-R felt alive again! Great feedback. Very slippery track limits.
SR seems to be slightly fairer(?). Unavoidable accident wasn't penalised.

The set up I used is virtually identical to the set up shown after the lap in this older video! Only difference with the new lap was I put the front stabilizers on 3 instead of 1 đź‘Ť

Thanks!!!

I sure hope this wasn't the last beta update as they said at E3, cause this wasn't really an update in my opinion, especially with such a low filesize. Not much they can change with that. I wouldn't call it 1.07 but 1.06.1. Here's hoping for another update, or at least another beta later on cause with some of the things in the beta its definately not ready for release yet. ;)
Final release is not going to be this far out. They said there will be something else but I don't remember what form.

A suggestion for someone with A) quite some free time and B) a not updated version of GTS (still 1.06) to try and get a better view of what has possibly changed in the cars we have atm, I should've done this myself but I only thought of this just as my beta got updated.

If you did not update GTS yet you have the option to start the beta without updating (would it be possible to fully start the beta? If so: you could make screenshots of every car on their default setup and then do the same with GTS updated to 1.07).

I feel like a total dumbass for not having thought about this while the update was downloading - I would have tried it myself >_<

Haven't driven yet but will drive a couple of hours later tonight.

In the meantime, has any T500 (thrustmaster) wheel-user had a go at the beta yet? If so, I would highly appreciate some feedback of your experience to compare it with my own experience (ffb feel, understeer clipping feel, general comparison with 1.06). I'm asking because I'm only seeing feedback of G29 users so far in this thread.

I think/suspect PD is developing the beta with or on thrustmaster wheels after having seen a video of the PD GTS HQ where they're currently developing GTS, I suspect Kaz is only driving with the new direct-drive thrustmaster wheel - I serisously hope they're trying out ALL of the supported wheels.

Amaru

Last edited:
A suggestion for someone with A) quite some free time and B) a not updated version of GTS (still 1.06) to try and get a better view of what has possibly changed in the cars we have atm, I should've done this myself but I only thought of this just as my beta got updated.

If you did not update GTS yet you have the option to start the beta without updating (would it be possible to fully start the beta? If so: you could make screenshots of every car on their default setup and then do the same with GTS updated to 1.07).

I feel like a total dumbass for not having thought about this while the update was downloading - I would have tried it myself >_<

Haven't driven yet but will drive a couple of hours later tonight.

In the meantime, has any T500 (thrustmaster) wheel-user had a go at the beta yet? If so, I would highly appreciate some feedback of your experience to compare it with my own experience (ffb feel, understeer clipping feel, general comparison with 1.06). I'm asking because I'm only seeing feedback of G29 users so far in this thread.

I think/suspect PD is developing the beta with or on thrustmaster wheels after having seen a video of the PD GTS HQ where they're currently developing GTS, I suspect Kaz is only driving with the new direct-drive thrustmaster wheel - I serisously hope they're trying out ALL of the supported wheels.

Amaru

Having spent a few hours today, I can't see or feel any difference at all in any of the classes.

The new race schedule is welcomed, but the Asian beta doesn't follow this schedule, even after the 1.07 patch has gone out and the beta news forum mentioned a new schedule. :confused:

Is it just me, or....?

Some cars got buffed. Like the M6 GT3 having the braking and cornering ratings up to 4.7, higher than the previous 4.3 rating in the 1.06 version. There's much less wheelspin once you floor it.

The Peugeot VGT as well, now having a higher braking and cornering ratings too, at 4.3 respectively, up from the previous 4.0.

Oops... finally knew why.

The Nurburgring Gr.3 race now uses Racing Soft tires, hence the increase in ratings.

Sorry for the false alarm, but the tiny change on tires is one among those unannounced changes for the patch.

Like your driving very smooth.

Why have i to download all the 17go again ? :/
There is an occasional problem with PS4 updates that causes them to attempt to re-download all previous patches. Try restarting the download if its not too late.

The Nurburgring Gr.3 race now uses Racing Soft tires, hence the increase in ratings.

Sorry for the false alarm, but the tiny change on tires is one among those unannounced changes for the patch.

really? in EU we can still only use RH

really? in EU we can still only use RH

Yep we use RS tires here. :lol:

IMG_5441.JPG

The new race schedule is welcomed, but the Asian beta doesn't follow this schedule, even after the 1.07 patch has gone out and the beta news forum mentioned a new schedule. :confused:

"new race schedule" was a bit of fake news. Its always just the time following an update that has this change. Then its back to usual..

Curious to see how the cars drive on softs.

Back