Closed Beta Update 1.07 is now available..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 153 comments
I am sorry if someone shared this issue before but I am still not receiving my driver points, my tube is not filling, anybody faced this? Or I am the unlucky man :)

Not a lot of change- maybe less grip, less feedback, NOT an improvement. G29 shake is worse for me. I haven't driven 1.07 enough to make a definite call. I still have other stuff to do (swim, bike, etc...) in the early evening- I'd really like a 22:00 and 23:00 event. SR S, DR C, running near the front lately, not in any danger of catching the aliens.

What I want to know is, where did Tokyo Expressway go? I haven't seen it pop up in like a month or more. Did I miss the memo that they took it out?

Jerome

What I want to know is, where did Tokyo Expressway go? I haven't seen it pop up in like a month or more. Did I miss the memo that they took it out?

Jerome
Rood riddance!

Seriously, a lot of us were complaining about it, and it likely became obvious to them that it was bad for the SR of all racers and participation almost certainly dropped.

I don't think we've seen it since the Dragon Trail and Blue Moon Bay tracks were introduced in an update.

Jerome
Not missing it at all. I love city courses, but that one was seriously un-fun.

really? in EU we can still only use RH

There have been Racing Soft tyres in EU since 1.06...

But only on 1 track and only in Gr.3 - the very tiny oval track has been using RS (or even Super soft) since 1.06 (RS i think it was).

I drove them last week after the Blue Moon Bay Speedway got replaced by the very Tiny oval.

Edit: i was live-streaming at that time - If need be ill have a look at all the saved livestreams and i could post a link here to validate (prove) its not BS lol :) (i'm not sure but MrP/Mysteron71 might have been spectating my stream when i noticed the RS tyres).

The TV camera still moves in some parts of the track in a way that is not natural.
The way I see it makes the car movements look weirdly smooth. The camera sometimes follows a car with a focus that doesn't feel right. It's one thing to follow a car and another to patiently wait for the car to approach and transition to following the car at a similar pace. It feels alien.

The way I see it makes the car movements look weirdly smooth. The camera sometimes follows a car with a focus that doesn't feel right. It's one thing to follow a car and another to patiently wait for the car to approach and transition to following the car at a similar pace. It feels alien.

I hope they fix it. In GT6 it was not like that.

EDK
Rood riddance!

Seriously, a lot of us were complaining about it, and it likely became obvious to them that it was bad for the SR of all racers and participation almost certainly dropped.

I don't think we've seen it since the Dragon Trail and Blue Moon Bay tracks were introduced in an update.

Bummer, I loved that track. But there's some tight corners in there for sure, which makes for sloppy passing unless done perfectly. So, I can see why in that respect....I guess.

Jerome

Bummer, I loved that track. But there's some tight corners in there for sure, which makes for sloppy passing unless done perfectly. So, I can see why in that respect....I guess.

Jerome
I actually liked it when I ran it, hotlapping and leading from the front was decent! Anywhere down the field though and I can see why it'd be carnage. The track came up very early in the Asia beta and hasn't appeared since :boggled:

Goodmorning everyone! I am a great fan of Gran Turismo .... I played in all chapters; But honestly I am very disappointed with the beta distribution policy. Why did they distribute it randomly? Could not do as it already happens in other cases give it to who preordains the game? ... now I have to wait another 5 months at least before I can try it ... unless there is still a way to access it ...

Goodmorning everyone! I am a great fan of Gran Turismo .... I played in all chapters; But honestly I am very disappointed with the beta distribution policy. Why did they distribute it randomly? Could not do as it already happens in other cases give it to who preordains the game? ... now I have to wait another 5 months at least before I can try it ... unless there is still a way to access it ...
there may be another beta, probably for a bigger audience

vcx
I am sorry if someone shared this issue before but I am still not receiving my driver points, my tube is not filling, anybody faced this? Or I am the unlucky man :)

is this after the update only? I had another problem, when I updated to 1.06 my save data stopped saving and I had to delete them and start over.

Good morning, and welcome to GTPlanet!

I doubt that it was totally random, even if it appears so.

The purpose of the Beta was to test two things - Sportsmanship Rating algorithms and dedicated server architecture.

Literally anybody would suit the purposes for testing how SR is calculated. However, for testing their server setups they'd need a selection of different players who connect to the network in different ways and locations - which they'd know from pinging your PSNID or just analysing the typical network behaviour you experience. I'd guess they'd need some bad connections (to stress test), some good connections and some in-between.

Whether you'd pre-ordered GT Sport or not, or even whether you'd played any other GT game or not (although I imagine they'd want people who'd actually play it), the Beta exists to test the network and it's simply a case of having the 'right' network profile for their purposes.

I don't think there's more than 5,000 people with the Beta worldwide, which means you had probably a 0.05% chance of being selected in any case.

I wonder if PP are are going to open up the Beta for the great unwashed at any stage.
Has anyone heard anything please?

I wonder if PP are are going to open up the Beta for the great unwashed at any stage.
Has anyone heard anything please?
https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-e3-multiclass-racing-customized-race-suits-another-beta/
GTPlanet: How much longer do you plan on running the GT Sport beta?
Kazunori Yamauchi: After maybe one more update — or maybe two at the most — we will close the beta. I’m thinking that after having these closed betas, it might be nice to put up another beta with all of the features that will be available to experience in GT Sport. It would be for a very short time, maybe around August or so.

GTP: So a public beta?
KY: No, we can’t say public, because several million people would rush to play it. That means our server costs would shoot through the roof before we sell the game, so we can’t do that! So it won’t be completely open, but we would like to at least have at least another tier in terms of participation.

Has anyone found some changes not documented? I've looked myself and so far, there isn't anything I can find.

I don't think there's more than 5,000 people with the Beta worldwide, which means you had probably a 0.05% chance of being selected in any case.

I had no idea it was this small of a sample size. I´m not gonna be mad anymore that i didn´t get in. I only started to try in the last month or so, and i guess i should have done it in march like everybody else.

Still waiting on the public or sort of public beta...

What Brake balance is everyone running usually? I've seen lots of people on youtube running heavy front bias while I always almost prefer a slight rear bias.

What is the rule of thumb? @EDK might be able to shed a light on this as well.

What Brake balance is everyone running usually? I've seen lots of people on youtube running heavy front bias while I always almost prefer a slight rear bias.

What is the rule of thumb? @EDK might be able to shed a light on this as well.
It seems like front bias works well for the Front Wheel Drive and All Wheel Drive cars if you are trail braking, it seems to aid turn in and it rotates the car and bit when you release the brake.

Rear bias on a Rear Wheel Drive Car seems to aid turn in for them.

But I have seen examples of people using front bias on rear drive. I would say that while most of us over time have gotten used to adjusting to rear bias on the GT franchise, in real world applications you would almost always have a more front biased setup, due to weight transfer and the preference for the front wheels to lock up fist so you don't loop the car under braking.

EDK
It seems like front bias works well for the Front Wheel Drive and All Wheel Drive cars if you are trail braking, it seems to aid turn in and it rotates the car and bit when you release the brake.

Rear bias on a Rear Wheel Drive Car seems to aid turn in for them.

But I have seen examples of people using front bias on rear drive. I would say that while most of us over time have gotten used to adjusting to rear bias on the GT franchise, in real world applications you would almost always have a more front biased setup, due to weight transfer and the preference for the front wheels to lock up fist so you don't loop the car under braking.

Interesting, thanks for the explanation Kev. Will experiment more with this.

I for one am certainly glad it wasn't for preorders only, Having played every iteration of the GT franchise since 3 A-spec I had no intention of preordering based on the performances of both GT5+6, GT used to be a good franchise but for the past number of years it has fallen significantly behind the competition thus not meriting a preorder.

My Evora settings from just few hours ago have been reset. The sheets are there but all now "unnamed" and reset to default. Trip meter is ok though. (vs my earlier gr4 sls and gr3 vantage going back to 0km..)

Anyone else having these issues?

From first race i have feeling g29 has now more feedback at the center position. Cant feel deadzone what so ever.
My G29 is performing better now before I was having harsh clipping when I tried to apply more lock during a turn

Pff unplayeble for me now, the races. I first have to go in options menus to set the chase cam good. And the when i get out the car shifts a gear higher start to slow get some cars in back, race done p10 max when i start 3rd or something. Pleassssse fix!

is this after the update only? I had another problem, when I updated to 1.06 my save data stopped saving and I had to delete them and start over.[/QUOTE]

Yesterday i have raced at nordschleife and finished first then my tube filled a little bit more. I think if you race fastest class you can gain much more points than other lowest speed classes.

And even my save problem still same, i received error code and cant save my progress.

Last edited:
Just go into any corner and steer a bit more than you usually would, essentially forcing the car to understeer, you'll feel and hear the massive cluncking right away. Force Feedback settings make no difference, it's the same for all settings. Car settings make no difference either. The reason why some people think it's less or completely gone is because they're used to it and know how to avoid giving too much steering input. I had the same, I didn't feel it anymore untill I used some more steering input as I normally would. So while it's driveable after a while, when you're used to it, it's still something that shouldn't be happening. We definately need some feedback when the wheels lose traction but nothing like this.

No it is not, I compared Dragon Trail in the beta on my 4K screen with the 4K E3 video that was downloadable. All parts of the track are exactly the same, only the time of day is different which is making the track look so much better. Probably no update is needed for that, they just need the different time of day to get the much better lighting on that track.

Yes SR and BoP are just adjustments, but that's what we're testing in the beta is it not? They're hardly making any changes to it though, nothing in 1.07 at least. Gr3 is fine for the most part but Gr4 and definately N300 still need work. As for SR, it still happens too many times that the one at fault gets no SR drop while the one who's in the wall or off track does get it. Many bad drivers are currently driving in the beta with S rank SR which is not good at all. These are the sort of things that need to get fixed and tested in a beta before the game actually releases. The final game's success depends on these things being right.
I was playing last night with G29 and I was experiencing the same clipping after update thought this was fixed but I was wrong although it's marginally better than 1.06. I wonder if T300 and brushless motors are having same effects

I was playing last night with G29 and I was experiencing the same clipping after update thought this was fixed but I was wrong although it's marginally better than 1.06. I wonder if T300 and brushless motors are having same effects

Yes they have the same issue I believe, some have posted about it. It just doesn't give the cluncking sound since they're using a belt instead of gears, but the feeling is pretty much the same with a lot of vibration. I don't think it's gotten better with 1.07. It's just that you're used to it so you know how to avoid it. ;) I don't really have the problem that often now since I also got used to it, but when I give it just a little bit more steering input it still feels and sounds the same. Anyway I posted about it on the beta forums and one of the PD devs liked it so they at least know about it. Just have to hope it gets fixed now.

Back