Closed Beta Update 1.07 is now available..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 153 comments
Who here is having fun with the beta because :
Yamauchi explains that the closed beta existed to figure out the various algorithms for collisions and Sportsmanship points, but interestingly concedes that he was surprised that people are having fun with the beta. “We have to experiment and learn what the tendencies of people are in the game by actually watching them play it. But, at the same time, I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a stressful experience for the players”, said Yamauchi. “Basically, what the beta is doing is cutting out the Sports mode, so it was surprising to me that players are actually enjoying the experience in playing, because it wasn’t really meant to be “fun”!”

Who here is having fun with the beta because :
Yamauchi explains that the closed beta existed to figure out the various algorithms for collisions and Sportsmanship points, but interestingly concedes that he was surprised that people are having fun with the beta. “We have to experiment and learn what the tendencies of people are in the game by actually watching them play it. But, at the same time, I knew from the beginning that it was going to be a stressful experience for the players”, said Yamauchi. “Basically, what the beta is doing is cutting out the Sports mode, so it was surprising to me that players are actually enjoying the experience in playing, because it wasn’t really meant to be “fun”!”

Fun is a subjective thing, Some people like hotlapping etc, I for one was bored senseless as there just wasn't much to interest me added to the fact that the beta forums never actually worked so playing it kind of felt a little pointless to me atleast.

Have you tried to speak with Fanatec I hear the customer service is better now maybe they can help.
I have no problem with AC, PC and Dirt4 games. So, i would say this is more problem with GT sport. And the biggest problem is with the FF response. I feel it while turning the wheel, but no response from the kerbs or any road features.

I was playing last night with G29 and I was experiencing the same clipping after update thought this was fixed but I was wrong although it's marginally better than 1.06. I wonder if T300 and brushless motors are having same effects

If only people with a T300 or T500 would reply to my post, then we could actually compare thrustmaster's wheels behavior.

I do NOT experience any clipping when understeering on my T500!

Since patch 1.07 however I do get clipping on the long straight on the nordschleife just like i used to get clipping when driving on the Le Mans straights in GT6 - other than this no clipping at all whatsoever as i have already posted over a month ago.

If only people with a T300 or T500 would reply to my post, then we could actually compare thrustmaster's wheels behavior.

Since patch 1.07 however I do get clipping on the long straight on the nordschleife just like i used to get clipping when driving on me Mans in GT6 - other than this no clipping at all whatsoever as i have already posted over a month ago.

The T300 you get pulses of FFB when understeering but at most it is mildly annoying. It also doesn't appear that frequently, it is evident with FWD at Willow.

The T300 you get pulses of FFB when understeering but at most it is mildly annoying. It also doesn't appear that frequently, it is evident with FWD at Willow.

I have not driven FWD at willow - I'll try it soon as I can.

I've driven the VW Scirocco around the Nordschleife and it felt really sweet (I did have to invert the setup that Firehuntah made - the understeer on his setup was undriveable on my T500).

Since patch 1.07 however I do get clipping on the long straight on the nordschleife just like i used to get clipping when driving on me Mans in GT6 - other than this no clipping at all whatsoever as i have already posted over a month ago.
Sounds more like the bumps in the track.

Since patch 1.07 however I do get clipping on the long straight on the nordschleife just like i used to get clipping when driving on the Le Mans straights in GT6 - other than this no clipping at all whatsoever as i have already posted over a month ago.
How does one get clipping on a straight? Clipping is a situation where the wheel cannot respond to certain FFB demands from the game because it's used up 100% of it's power responding to FFB inputs. It happens most often on track in corners, going over rough curbing, or when the FFB is turned up too high for the type of wheel being used. It usually shows up as the wheel being heavy but with little to no detail. How does this happen on a straight?

I have no problem with AC, PC and Dirt4 games. So, i would say this is more problem with GT sport. And the biggest problem is with the FF response. I feel it while turning the wheel, but no response from the kerbs or any road features.
Yeah I have g29 there's is problems that are similar

With all my respect, my Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4 version) not working properly with GT Sport :(

It happens to me too. There's so much difference from driving with the wheel in Assetto Corsa. I can't feel the car or the road in GTS, but in AC I can feel every road bump. I want to belive it's because CSL Elite was available after the GT Sport went live, and all this will be corrected for the final version of GT Sport code.

Yea once you give it a certain amount of turn-in, it starts clunking. While it is annoying it doesn't affect gameplay. I haven't tried turning the FFB down from 8 yet, maybe at lower FFB it won't clunk?

Jerome

Yea once you give it a certain amount of turn-in, it starts clunking. While it is annoying it doesn't affect gameplay. I haven't tried turning the FFB down from 8 yet, maybe at lower FFB it won't clunk?

Jerome

I set it to 10 all the time but I feel like anything lower than 8 is useless.

Well this is concerning since I was gonna purchase the fanatec for GTS. Do you think the issues are due to polyphony not officially supporting fanatec?

Well this is concerning since I was gonna purchase the fanatec for GTS. Do you think the issues are due to polyphony not officially supporting fanatec?
Fanatec stands that CSL Elite model is totally compatible and certified by Sony. And with games like Project Cars which the wheel works in compatibility mode (due that this is quit old game) it works really nice (I can compare only with G29). So, I can only assume that this is question more for Polyphony and I hope they will add full support for this wheel.

Jerome
I have my ffb on game default which 5 on both and it's still there but not as strong as before update and the more time I'm on it the less I feel I think I'm use to it now

I bought the CSL ERW originally also just for GTS and was very disappointed that the FFB didn't work in the game yet. I was looking forward to the DiRT 4 release as I thought it will fully work as it's listed as fully compatible. Well the wheel and FFB works but the nice LEDs on the wheel and the rev lights on the base don't work in DiRT 4. The only game so far that gives you some fun is Project Cars as there the wheel works fine in the compa mode. Rev lights work, LEDs on wheel work and FFB as well. When DiRT 4 and GTS will work t he same sooner or later the wheel makes really a lot of fun to drive with. Not remotely comparable to my previous Logitech crap.

I bought the CSL ERW originally also just for GTS and was very disappointed that the FFB didn't work in the game yet. I was looking forward to the DiRT 4 release as I thought it will fully work as it's listed as fully compatible. Well the wheel and FFB works but the nice LEDs on the wheel and the rev lights on the base don't work in DiRT 4. The only game so far that gives you some fun is Project Cars as there the wheel works fine in the compa mode. Rev lights work, LEDs on wheel work and FFB as well. When DiRT 4 and GTS will work t he same sooner or later the wheel makes really a lot of fun to drive with. Not remotely comparable to my previous Logitech crap.

This is something I will have to keep an eye on. I certainly don't want to splash out and it not be fully supported. Will Polyphony put much effort into it? Surly as Thrustmaster is the official wheel that will get most support in game? I've been using a G25 for nearly 10 years so it's time to upgrade!

There is a problem with the brake balance setting since 1.07 update.
With NO ABS and brake balance setted to +5 (full rear brake balance) , the car block first the front wheels entering a turn , inducing understeer.
I don t drive normally no ABS , only N300 sometimes for a better corner entry. I remember very well that this +5 no ABS setting were making the car spin loosing the rear immediately in all the precedent versions of the game.

There is a problem with the brake balance setting since 1.07 update.
With NO ABS and brake balance setted to +5 (full rear brake balance) , the car block first the front wheels entering a turn , inducing understeer.
I don t drive normally no ABS , only N300 sometimes for a better corner entry. I remember very well that this +5 no ABS setting were making the car spin loosing the rear immediately in all the precedent versions of the game.
Actually that was not the case, at least with the Evora and a couple of racing cars I tested back in the day, version 1.05.
Start at 2:43..

Ford Focus of them all had the most rotation with full rear brake balance.
It seems like PoDi wants the cars to be overly secure even with abs disabled.

Actually that was not the case, at least with the Evora and a couple of racing cars I tested back in the day, version 1.05.
Start at 2:43..
Ford Focus of them all had the most rotation with full rear brake balance.
It seems like PoDi wants the cars to be overly secure even with abs disabled.
You re right, it must be with an FF cars, even FF dont do this anymore . This need to be fixed. I prefer the old GT5 & 6 system where it was possible to work on balance and braking power . Or with 2 numbers front and rear or with the actual one +5- 5 bar but with a braking power level too.

You re right, it must be with an FF cars, even FF dont do this anymore . This need to be fixed. I prefer the old GT5 & 6 system where it was possible to work on balance and braking power . Or with 2 numbers front and rear or with the actual one +5- 5 bar but with a braking power level too.
I agree I don't like it either I can't seem to get it right I like to be able to break hard without wheels locking

I have tested my T500 again with altered FFB settings - i adjusted the FFB settings on my wheels firmware using my PC - not only does my wheel's FFB feel better now (feels almost like patch 1.05), I am now experiencing the clipping when steering too much, not only in FWD but with MR/FR/4WD as well. I'm not sure if I like the clipping even though it seems I'm faster now.

I have tested my T500 again with altered FFB settings - i adjusted the FFB settings on my wheels firmware using my PC - not only does my wheel's FFB feel better now (feels almost like patch 1.05), I am now experiencing the clipping when steering too much, not only in FWD but with MR/FR/4WD as well. I'm not sure if I like the clipping even though it seems I'm faster now.
How do you know you're clipping? Is there a FFB meter in the beta? And if you are clipping, why can't you just turn down the FFB until the clipping stops?

Is there a link to the new gtsport beta forums to give feedback? They migrated from the old community.playstation beta forum and that's not accessible anymore.

Back