| CLOSED | Team Pressure Is No More.

• Thread starter Sttrobe
  • 196 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is into drifting on Grand Theft Auto IV or Gran Turismo 5 Tomarrow, hit me up hosting open lobbies.

Quick question, whats better for a first car?

Nissan 240sx
Or
BMW 3Series e30

Note: both are sent to shop for new paint and restoration.

Iknow right? You've had experiance with a 240 would it be nice as a first car, cause i'm wanting to get a job now, so I can save up and buy alot of parts for eaither of these wonderful automobiles.

Sttrobe
Iknow right? You've had experiance with a 240 would it be nice as a first car, cause i'm wanting to get a job now, so I can save up and buy alot of parts for eaither of these wonderful automobiles.

Fun car. Reliable but any car for a drift car will need money into it

Not a D1GP-like car, like just a everyday car and drift ready. What are parts that need to be put in a car as in what im looking for.

Sttrobe
Not a D1GP-like car, like just a everyday car and drift ready. What are parts that need to be put in a car as in what im looking for.

Coilovers, brakes, seats, lsd. Are the basics. Could even do control arms, tie rods, traction bars.

Thank you, and that's still 4 years away.

I'll tell you this v8 is very cheap ls1s run around 1K but if your cheap such as myself you can find one built and used even cheaper its a good motor aluminum block should last long and parts should be cheaper since its an American motor.

Alright, say I find a BMW E30 for sale around in my country I can get it for around £4k+

Momo seats
V8
Titanium Exaust
Sports tires
BBS RS 18" rims
Racing break pads
New breaking system
Body restoration + new paint
After market steering wheel
Turbo kit
New lights
Would cost how much ruff?

MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD
I'll tell you this v8 is very cheap ls1s run around 1K but if your cheap such as myself you can find one built and used even cheaper its a good motor aluminum block should last long and parts should be cheaper since its an American motor.

Dont try to make power on that ls1 withouy doing internals . Corey hosford has been through 4 of them.

Eddyac, if you could be a kind fella, could you please explain to me what those terms mean? Apparently GT5 has gone to my brain. :sly:

Last edited:
Eddyac, if you could be a kind fella, could you please explain to me what those terms mean? Apparently GT5 has gone to my brain. :sly:
Just googled it

The "r" relates to the "fastback" style body (like on the 180sx)

The "p" means it has an SR20DET block (found in the JP versions) instead of a KA24DET (found in the US version)

...and the s13 is the chassis :)

So an RPS13 is a 180sx with an SR20 + S13 chassis (obviously)

--

Glad I know this now!

According to this it would make sense that my Sileighty is also an RPS13, it just has the S13 Silvia (PS13) front-end.

they are tuned models of the cars you stated.
Wrong sealy! :sly:

So many numbers and letters man... but now I understand, sort of.

240SX was the US version of the S13 chassis (KA24E, then KA24DE after '91), and later the S14 (only KA24DE).

200SX was the NZ/AUS/EUR versions of the S13/S14's chassis. Their S13's had CA18DET (1.8l Turbo) (the S13's were never sold in AUS, only the S14!)

Japan was the only country to call the them "Silvia", the rest of the world used 200sx/240sx as seen above. In Japan the 3-door was the 180sx (RPS13), the S14 Silvia was only 2-door.

The S15's were only sold in JP/AUS/NZ (200sx in AUS/NZ), housing an SR20 (Turbo or NA).

**** you can tell I'm bored.

Last edited:
89-91 240's only came with a single cam ka24e here in america. Then later switched to the dohc.

89-91 240's only came with a single cam ka24e here in america. Then later switched to the dohc.
Yep, misread the wiki.

As you said, in the US they didn't come with KA24DE until '91, and in '95 the release of the S14 240SX was only available with a KA24DE.

K1ngKlicK
Yep, misread the wiki.

As you said, in the US they didn't come with KA24DE until '91, and in '95 the release of the S14 240SX was only available with a KA24DE.

Yep!

The thing is in my country we can't register cars that are '03 and under I have to like find them on the street that say "FOR SALE" and ****.. :l or i'd be freakin rolling in a car right now. plus since my country's only imports are customs which is like when you have to pay double for an item like say for example, you can find a BMW M3 e92 just to register it and get plates to get it into the city is $100k United States dollors, or I would have sold every electronic item I own and would be drifting right now in my 240sx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back