Cobra Coupe Shootout - Lex wins 24 Hours of Spa - Pimiki Crowned Triple Champ !!!Finished 

Thanks IFAndOr - I still need the following to join the club: BigShot da Great, Makovics, Takitibi71 and Eran0004 - big welcome to Eran who will be racing with us starting from round 2.

I have revised the teams slightly as shown on the tables below (NB don't do what I did and lose the memory stick without backing up - I had to do all the spreadsheets for the new championships again this morning! - that is also why I have posted the final championship standings on the Trans Am thread yet).

Please note some slight changes to teams

View attachment 352698 View attachment 352700 View attachment 352701 View attachment 352702

Don't forget to display your race number (Type A, Font A) on your cars. If I haven't listed your race number (Big Shot) please let me know asap.

Eran0004 will be using 40, GKGamer 27
Hey Sick, ill be using the number 16.

The Ford Model T army truck had a Lewis machine gun poking out of the back - presumably to deter tailgaters!
Perhaps I should get one fitted to my El Camino. It might have stopped Flaco getting past me. :)

Something like this should do...
Car_Middle (1).jpg

Great photos Lex.

Race Results Round 1

Team Trucks (Chevrolet El Camino Untuned SH)
1st - Pimiki
2nd - Rehdogg
3rd - GKGamer

4th - Flaco
5th - IfAndOr
6th - Buybon355
7th - Lex Lathor
8th - Sick Cylinder
9th - Tony Lomas
10th - Maximusmonster
11th - John Wells

Avon Tour of Britain 1973 (290bhp, 785kg, 504PP SH)
1st - Rehdogg - Lancer
2nd - Pimiki - Lancer
3rd - Lex Lathor - Alpine

4th - Flaco - Camaro
5th - IfAndOr - Alpine
6th - Sick Cylinder - Lancer
7th - Buybon355 - Alpine
8th - Tony Lomas
9th - Maximusmonster - Lancer
10th - John Wells - Alpine

Cobra Coupe Shootout (Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe Untuned RH)
1st - Lex Lathor - Shelby
2nd - Rehdogg - AC A98
3rd - Pimiki - AC A98

4th - Buybon355 - Shelby
5th - IfAndOr - Shelby
6th - Sick Cylinder - AC A98
7th - Maximusmonster - AC A98
8th - Tony Lomas - Willment
9th - Flaco - Willment (Retired)
10th - John Wells - Shelby

Next Round Zahara

Hi!
It would have been a good race if Flako also wants to knock out but no more than prevent !
I'm sorry !
At these prices, I will not be whale !
I was defending position because i thought the race was over when we cross start/finish.

Last edited:
We raced the Team trucks at Tsukuba. Shouldn't it have been Daytona? Or did I miss something?
You did. :)

Race Programme has been altered:
Race 1 - Warmup Event - Team Trucks Race - No Qualifying (this should help get the meeting started) 15 Minute Race - Sports Hard Tyres. As the Team Trucks have been moved to event 1 they will now race at the same track as the Avon Tour Cars. I have made this change in running order because the Trucks are much slower than the Avon Tour cars and will therefore make a good warmup event.

It can be difficult to spot some of the changes.

We raced the Team trucks at Tsukuba. Shouldn't it have been Daytona? Or did I miss something?

View attachment 355948

The change was made following the Test Round. Apologies for not changing the Track Schedule, but the memory stick with that spreadsheet was misplaced (lost) a few weeks ago - obviously I should have a copy on a laptop, but didn't copy it because I was using my daughters.

Amazing photos by Lex Lathor and IfAndOr. I did take a few myself, but mine are very poor in comparison so I won't be posting them.

I was defending position because i thought the race was over when we cross start/finish.
Hi!
Of course, I accept your explanation but so far I did not know what to think of something that looked like if you do not have to take the first place !

Pimiki

Hi!
Of course, I accept your explanation but so far I did not know what to think of something that looked like if you do not have to take the first place !

Pimiki
Let's just look at it as an. example of how it should NOT be done. ;)

I mean both, my mistake on being too harsh on defending and not avoiding contact, aswell as yours on not finding a better line to attack on corner entry and pushing me (and yourself) off track. :)

Anyways, lets move on to Zahara.

Hopefully no one can go wrong there. 2 laps for the Cobras, 1 lap for the rest. :mischievous: :P 👍

We will need to use the Private Room again on Sunday as not everyone is a member of the club yet.

Until Sunday enjoy this short clip in which Pete Brock explains why the first Cobra Daytona Coupe matters:

And how about this footage of the 1964 race at Sebring - some great footage of Roger Penske in a Corvette and also half way through one of the drivers cuts a hole with tin snips in the roof of the, now priceless, first Cobra Daytona Coupe - because of the excessive heat in the cockpit they cut the hole to increase ventilation. One of the drivers burns his foot on the hot throttle pedal! Fortunately no such problems will beset us on Sunday!

Last edited:
Looks like we might have a full room for Round 2 on Sunday. If anyone can't make it please let me know as soon as possible so I can invite a reserve driver. Also, please could Patrick and Zmihalik let me know their race numbers - don't forget to display them on your cars if the car allows a number change.

PS - how mad of PD to give us a car as fantastic as the Cobra Daytona Coupe, but not allow it to be fitted with a race number! Especially as six were made and each car and number has such a fabulous and storied history!

Round 2 Attendance.jpg

If you are wanting to race on Sunday, but your name is not listed please contact me - there will normally be one or two dropourts by Sunday so there may be a vacancy.

Looks like we might have a full room for Round 2 on Sunday. If anyone can't make it please let me know as soon as possible so I can invite a reserve driver. Also, please could Patrick and Zmihalik let me know their race numbers - don't forget to display them on your cars if the car allows a number change.

PS - how mad of PD to give us a car as fantastic as the Cobra Daytona Coupe, but not allow it to be fitted with a race number! Especially as six were made and each car and number has such a fabulous and storied history!

View attachment 357799

If you are wanting to race on Sunday, but your name is not listed please contact me - there will normally be one or two dropourts by Sunday so there may be a vacancy.
You should try to contact Patrick through the psn since he is not on gtp anymore. As for his number , I think he was usually choosing 13 which is not possible here so it could be good to ask him...
Aboutlast week, I am very sorry I had to leave before the Avon tour round and let my teammates down for the main event as well. I am very sorry also about the way things unraveled in the cobra race for our beloved Williment team leader @Flaco13 . I will be with you tonight, hopefully for the whole 3 races.
@Aaroh007 would you be interested in joining? we sure could use a fast guy like you at Williment... maybe we could share a spot on the team if the attendance is steady at 16 entries through the rounds.
how did ATCC go btw?

You should try to contact Patrick through the psn since he is not on gtp anymore. As for his number , I think he was usually choosing 13 which is not possible here so it could be good to ask him...
Aboutlast week, I am very sorry I had to leave before the Avon tour round and let my teammates down for the main event as well. I am very sorry also about the way things unraveled in the cobra race for our beloved Williment team leader @Flaco13 . I will be with you tonight, hopefully for the whole 3 races.
@Aaroh007 would you be interested in joining? we sure could use a fast guy like you at Williment... maybe we could share a spot on the team if the attendance is steady at 16 entries through the rounds.
how did ATCC go btw?

Thanks GK. IfAndOr has told me Patrick will use 46. John Wells will be absent today so we have a space for @Aaroh007 - I suggest that he uses number 7 as that is available.

It is pouring with rain here so hopefully I can get some practise in (after doing some chores) - no possibility of cutting the grass or cooking a family barbecue.

Thanks gamer, I can definitely join you guys as time suits me well. I'm just a bit confused as to what cars we will be using on what tracks at what specs. Strangely, the first page is not loading for me.

I've transferred you to the Willment Team (Captain Flaco).

Race 1 Chevrolet El Camino Truck, Bolero Red, untuned, SH tyres - just do an oil change and fit race number 7 font a, type a.

Race 2 Pozzi Motorsports Camaro, Colour free (no matte, chrome or polarized, no wings) - any tuning to limits of 785kg minimum, 290bhp maximum, 504PP maximum (it should come out at around 471PP at those limits), SH tyres - don't forget race number.

Race 3 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, paint Bolero red for Willment Team, untuned, RH tyres just do an oil change and brake bias to preference.

Round 2 track is Zahara. Race 1 and 2 = 1 lap. Race 3 = 2 laps no pit stops.

Post corrected by edit

Last edited:
It's looking quite good for a full room. I'm hoping to "see" at least half of the drivers. :dopey: ;)

Don't forget to reset the track before the first qualification session Sick. It might help with the invisible cars problem. It does seem to happen more when drivers who are on track can't see those who enter the room later. The reset will drop everyone back out to the lobby.

Catch you all later. 👍

I've transferred you to the Willment Team (Captain Flaco).

Race 1 Chevrolet El Camino Truck, Bolero Red, untuned, SH tyres - just do an oil change and fit race number 7 font a, type a.

Race 2 Pozzi Motorsports Camaro, Colour free (no matte, chrome or polarized, no wings) - any tuning to limits of 800kg minimum, 290bhp maximum, 504PP maximum (it should come out at around 471PP at those limits), SH tyres - don't forget race number.

Race 3 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, paint Bolero red for Willment Team, untuned, RH tyres just do an oil change and brake bias to preference.

Round 2 track is Zahara. Race 1 and 2 = 1 lap. Race 3 = 2 laps no pit stops.

Unfortunately, my ps3 is not starting. I'll do my best to make it work by that time, but if someone else can is sure he can race instead of me, you can give my place to him as my ps3 is doing drama again.

Good races today! I liked them despite DESPISING this track :lol:. Though, I had an issue. For some reason, my Internet was being painfully slow today. No idea why. Anyway, this caused lag and you know how lag works in Gran Turismo... cars are all over the place and smoke is everywhere! Seriously.

In the first race at the beginning it was like that, so I'm sorry if I hit somebody at the start. I managed to stay away for a while which was good, because I wouldn't hit anyone that way. The El Camino felt very wrong for this track! It just didn't really match it well, especially with only 2 gears.

Second race went very well for me. I managed to stay away from the others the whole race, which helped a lot with the lag. I gotta admit, I really loved the Lancer in this track. It just fits it very well. I guess because this track is rally-ish. It just fits it perfectly! The jumps, the tight turns and some really long twisty roads. I enjoyed the 2nd race the most because of that.

The Cobra was also fine, though it hates jumps as some people figured out. I was fine during qualifying and the first lap, but for some reason I spun right upon landing after a big jump on the second lap! I guess I might have steered a bit more before jumping? Anyway, the lag hurt me a little during this race. I was mostly alone, but when Lex overtook me and I got close to his I found his car completely sideways in front of me with lots of smoke! It was after exiting a turn that was followed by a long straight (which is basically what this whole track is :P). I had to lift off the throttle for a bit until that disappeared and went to the normal position, but that tiny lift off cost me 2 seconds! It's because I lost speed right after exiting and the full-thorttle section was long. Though, I'm not using this as an excuse or anything, I messed up myself which caused Lex to overtake me in the first lap and I didn't drive that well in the 2nd lap. Lex is always consistent which is very important in racing, which is why he's mostly at the top. I need to improve my consistency haha.

Anyway it was pretty fun today and welcome to the new racers! See you all next week.

Does the race start at 17.00 or do we meet up at 17.00?

Sorry this reply isn't in time for the race (have only just read the query) - We normally meet up slightly before 17:00 (I open the room at about 16:30). As near to 17:00 as possible we have 5 minutes practise then start qualifying.

It was nice to see some new names today - welcome Zmihalik, Patrick and Eran.

For the first time for a while we didn't have many connection problems, although poor Maximusmonster suffered a disconnection in all three races.

It was easy to imagine during the Cobra Coupe race that I was racing the Targa Florio in 1964 or 65 - very enjoyable!

Race results, pictures etc. to follow.

Last edited:
Sorry for hitting and then leaving Sick. The wife's cousin came out of nowhere and visiten, and they live like 100 miles away from here, so I had to be a bit polite til The wife got home, and all I thought about was the race while I made coffee and trying to chit chat about nothing, don't even know them that well, met them once before on a family gettogether, I was super drunk and made a complete fool out of myself by calling the wife's uncle a animal abuser which he wasn't, just looked like one who was! :lol: Anyway, hoping there want be any more distractions in future races and otherwise I think todays race was OK! :)

Back